Page 101 of 131 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 3264

Thread: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

He did. Thank you Crean for pointing that out.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hoosierguy For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Oh, and vote for Jordan Hulls for the Senior Class Award. Takes 2 seconds, don't need to register or sign up for an email list or anything. Here's the link:

http://www.seniorclassaward.com/vote...tball_2012-13/

He's currently trailing Mike Groselle from The Citadel by .2%.

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I told you there was no way we were winning this game. This team is finished.
    This post is amazing.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Crean is the problem.
    Crean has his warts, but after watching this game would you really rather honestly have Beilein? I am pretty sure Burke is still running isos. The biggest issue IU had in this game in the second half was that for some reason our guy defending the corner shooter always felt the need to help when Burke drove baseline when realy there was no need for it. You take those 3s away or even cut them in half by sticking on your man and this game probably looks a lot like the one in AH. A few of our guys, Remy particularly, had brain lock regarding this, you can see Hulls pretty much lose his **** after Burke hits a corner 3 because Remy inexplicably left him even though he didn't have anyone who needed help.

All things consider I think I'd only take Izzo and Matta over Crean in the B1G and if he manages to guide us all the way to the promised land this year I might not even take Thad over him. That's not to say it's perfect, but as Johnny B showed us this afternoon, all coaches have issues. I am pretty sure he is still running Burke isos for low percentage shots...

Here's the bottom line, to quote Sheed, both teams played hard man, but we played harder. It would have been a shame for our effort on the boards to go wasted. That being said we need to stop leaving corner 3 shooters for no reason. Especially when Vic/Yogi and Cody defend the base line drive so well.

Oh, and vote for Jordan Hulls for the Senior Class Award. Takes 2 seconds, don't need to register or sign up for an email list or anything. Here's the link:

http://www.seniorclassaward.com/vote...tball_2012-13/

He's currently trailing Mike Groselle from The Citadel by .2%.
    Yep, where would this team be without Hulls? He is our leader IMO no doubt. Vic is the heart, Cody is a lot of our skill, but Hulls....the soul I guess? I don't know the guy just sets a tone, never too high, never too low, just keep playing

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Great win for IU. That last play reminded me of Tiger's chip shot at the Masters, that turned into a Nike commercial, only it didn't fall.

Crean is like the king of weird timing. First there's the cutting down of the nets, and then he uses winning the first outright conference title in 20 years, to lambaste a former assistant coach for screwing up the program? Just weird. He never would have gotten that job in the first place, if Sampson and crew hadn't screwed it up. Just seems like an odd time to be doing that kind of thing.
    Last edited by Mackey_Rose; 03-11-2013 at 01:10 PM.

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mackey_Rose For This Useful Post:

"You helped wreck the program"

While coach Crean is obviously mad, this video doesn't show what Meyer first said to Crean. I seriously doubt that he was mad after that win, but instead got that way after some smart-*ss remark by Meyer
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    "You helped wreck the program"

While coach Crean is obviously mad, this video doesn't show what Meyer first said to Crean. I seriously doubt that he was mad after that win, but instead got that way after some smart-*ss remark by Meyer
    This is what I'm thinking as well. Otherwise, as Mackey said, that was really weird timing.

Apparently Crean already apologized, so I don't think it's a big deal at all. I actually thought "Net-gate" was a bigger negative.

I just think, Tom, you're the head coach of one of the all-time greatest college basketball programs in the country. You just led them to their 1st outright conference title in 20 years, when the conference has never been better. You're going to be playing as a 1 seed in virtual home games, all the way until the Final Four. It was an absolutely great season. You're IU. You should be above that stuff.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Mackey_Rose For This Useful Post:

MSU, MICH, & OSU were all undefeated at home in conference except for games vs. IU (combined 24-0 vs. everyone else, 0-3 vs. IU)!

Overall at home they were a combined 50-5, with 3 of the 5 losses being to IU.
    Last edited by Slick Pinkham; 03-11-2013 at 12:12 PM.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Indiana coach Tom Crean began a weekly Big Ten teleconference Monday morning by apologizing for his confrontation with Michigan assistant coach Jeff Meyer after the Hoosiers’ victory Sunday in Ann Arbor, Mich.

Crean said he called Meyer before boarding the plane Sunday night. Crean said he apologized and "in retrospect wish I would have never addressed anything in the heat of the battle.”

Crean described the incident as a “professional misunderstanding,” but never said what prompted the exchange.

http://www.indystar.com/article/2013...yssey=obinsite

I can't give enough props to Cody for hanging with Burke after switching on the pick.

Burke probably drives by 100% of the other centers in college basketball.

Also shows why Morgan got a tip chance- the elbow/shove on Victor!

Indy star has a nice anatomy of a play article:
    http://www.indystar.com/interactive/...nal-possession
    Last edited by Slick Pinkham; 03-11-2013 at 12:05 PM.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

bracket:

revenge tour? either Ill or Minny, then maybe Wisconsin, then maybe OSU (though I'd bet it's MSU)

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

I don't really have a problem with what Crean did. I kind of like it even. It was odd, sure.... but was it not accurate? Plus, didn't the program turn out to be in worse shape than Crean figured when he took it over? So he probably has a bug in his craw so to speak.

...Of course maybe his target wasn't as guilty as Sampson and maybe that's really where his anger should be directed...
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Samspon, as an individual, pretty much got a pass with it all. The NCAA report had all the assistants making the phone calls, and then brining Sampson in with 3-way. Out of the 111 impermissible calls, Meyers had four of them fall on his head.

The report also said Senderoff, who made 101 improper calls, failed to report using his home phone for recruiting calls despite signing forms that said he made no calls from his home.
    "He admitted that this practice was sloppy and/or careless," the report states.

Assistant coach Jeff Meyer made 10 recruiting calls from his home, four of which were impermissible, the report found. Meyer said he didn't list his home phone on the monthly reporting forms because he did not yet have a home phone immediately after he was hired. He didn't change the forms later to indicate that he used his home phone.

"Meyer stated he thought the forms were only a formality and thus did not change what he previously reported," the report states.
    http://www.cbssports.com/print/colle...y/10443632/rss

Meyer was recruting Elston, so I wonder if it had anything to do with that.
    Sampson and Assistant Coach Jeff Meyer impermissibly recruited Derek Elston during a two-day sports camp June 30 and July 1, 2007. During that event, Meyer told Elston's high school coach, Travis Daugherty, that Elston would be receiving a scholarship offer from Indiana in the near future. Elston, however, had not completed his activities in the camp, which made contact with him impermissible, and Elston returned to camp activities the following day. It was during this contact that Elston received the t-shirt and backpack in violation of NCAA rules.
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/9...kelvin-sampson
    Last edited by Since86; 03-11-2013 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    Great win for IU. That last play reminded me of Tiger's chip shot at the Masters, that turned into a Nike commercial, only it didn't fall.

Crean is like the king of weird timing. First there's the cutting down of the nets, and then he uses winning the first outright conference title in 20 years, to lambaste a former assistant coach for screwing up the program? Just weird. He never would have gotten that job in the first place, if Sampson and crew hadn't screwed it up. Just seems like an odd time to be doing that kind of thing.
    Yeah, but had the culture not been so ruined the rebuild may have not been as long, I think that was likely Crean's point.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Yeah, but had the culture not been so ruined the rebuild may have not been as long, I think that was likely Crean's point.
    I don't have a problem with it all. I don't disagree with anything he said. It was in the heat of the moment, and stuff like that happens. Not a big deal. Nobody will remember it even happened tomorrow.

I just kind of think it's too bad we are talking about what Crean did after the game, rather than the fact that IU had an amazing season, and won the title outright for the first time in 20 years. Like I said, more than anything, it's just weird timing.

Sporting News All-America teams released.

Victor 1st team
    Cody 3rd team

Am I being terribly homeriffic when I say I'd much rather have Cody than Olynyk or Withey?

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-bas...rry-mcdermott/

Cody being 3rd team is a complete joke. I guess he's just being punished for being awesome as a freshman? That makes sense.

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mackey_Rose For This Useful Post:

Find me a big man who has produced Cody's numbers against better competiition and with the kind of bullseye he has had on his back.

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This post is amazing.
    I love that you post this stuff when hindsight is your friend. You should know by now I get heated during these games.

Also, Crean had better shore up his maddening substitution patterns and shorten his "rotation" if we are going to win a national title.

As for the Crean/Meyer thing: seems really petty if that was unprovoked from Meyer. If he said something or chirped at Crean, that's one thing, but that was just unnecessary. Made Crean look like a douche.