Page 92 of 131 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102 ... LastLast
Results 2,276 to 2,300 of 3264

Thread: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

  1. #2276
    year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lafayette, IN
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,304

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    This feels like a repeat of the Illinois game is afoot. IU has let this happen with Mbakwe on the bench.
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

  2. #2277

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    The refs have been letting them hold Watford all night, and Zeller has been off. So we have been outrebounded horribly.

    If the refs would quit letting them hold Watford we will win, if not we lose. But we are outrebounded by 17 right now

  3. #2278
    year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lafayette, IN
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,304

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Check that out: IU has 20 total rebounds; Minnesota has 22 offensive rebounds. Ridiculous.
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

  4. #2279
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,179

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    We deserve to lose this game and we are absolutely going to lose it.

  5. #2280

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    And way to reward a flop you ****ing moronic refs. I am sure Oladipo can throw him to the ground.

  6. #2281
    year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lafayette, IN
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,304

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Whoa. That Zeller drive + foul on Mbakwe is HUGE.

    EDIT: Nevermind. IU let the same thing happen on the other end... Dammit.
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

  7. #2282
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,179

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    This is irritating.

  8. #2283

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Why has Hulls only had one shot this half. My god how stupid is that. Get him a shot or two

  9. #2284
    year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lafayette, IN
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,304

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Let us pray this game will make the Hoosiers remove this lethargic, weak junk out of their systems permanently. Everyone was beaten tonight.

    This one competes with last year's game at Michigan State for the worst of Zeller's career, IMO.
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

  10. #2285
    year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lafayette, IN
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,304

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Minnesota is not a smart team. IU has made them look smart.
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

  11. #2286

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Why is it we can't show up against unranked teams.

  12. #2287
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,668

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why is it we can't show up against unranked teams.
    While disappointing, at least it's a close loss to a team with a winning record. We've had a couple of bad losses this season (including this one), but no horrific ones.

  13. #2288

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    While disappointing, at least it's a close loss to a team with a winning record. We've had a couple of bad losses this season (including this one), but no horrific ones.
    Every loss we have had is a tournament team and all have been ranked at one time either before or after. But still, we should have won this game. And while the officiating was bad. We are talented enough that if we show up the officials can't take a game from us.

  14. #2289
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,179

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    I think the officials were fine today. We just got killed on the boards. That's the start and the end of the conversation as to why we lost that game.

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  16. #2290
    year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lafayette, IN
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,304

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    https://twitter.com/insidethehall/st...93510558154753

    Minnesota rebounded 53.4 percent of its misses, had 23 second chance points and took 11 more shots than IU. Story of the game.
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

  17. #2291
    Hall of Famers FrenchConnection's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,664
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think the officials were fine today. We just got killed on the boards. That's the start and the end of the conversation as to why we lost that game.
    When teams come out and punch us in the mouth, we fold. The rebounding was the result of a lack of toughness. Wisconsin and Minnesota both play a really physical game and we just fold. Frustrating to watch.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to FrenchConnection For This Useful Post:


  19. #2292
    Member hoosierguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,466

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Yep, just as I expected. Looks like the best we can hope for is a share of the conference title which, while not terrible, doesn't hold quite the esteem of winning it outright.

    I don't understand how this team can win at Ohio State and Michigan State and drop games to Illinois and Minnesota. They haven't figured out that you have to bring it EVERY game.

  20. #2293
    Member hoosierguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,466

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Darren35 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    LOL- an IU fan making fun of UK going to the NIT. UK has three trophys since IUs last.
    LOL, a fan of a team that is unranked taking shots at one of the best teams in the country. Cal was too much of pussy to play IU this year because he knew he would get destroyed.

  21. #2294
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,179

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yep, just as I expected. Looks like the best we can hope for is a share of the conference title which, while not terrible, doesn't hold quite the esteem of winning it outright.
    We still have a one game lead in the loss column. Two of our final three games are in Assembly Hall. Winning the Big Ten outright is still a very, very attainable goal.

  22. #2295
    #Franking Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    13,312

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    So Gonzaga the new #1, and probably the rest of the year in that weak *** conference

  23. #2296
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,179

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So Gonzaga the new #1, and probably the rest of the year in that weak *** conference
    Yeah, that's really lame.

  24. #2297
    Member hoosierguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,466

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We still have a one game lead in the loss column. Two of our final three games are in Assembly Hall. Winning the Big Ten outright is still a very, very attainable goal.
    Winning at Michigan will not be easy. Fortunately this team seems to amp up its play in big games and screws the pooch against lesser foes, especially on the road.

  25. #2298
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,179

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Winning at Michigan will not be easy. Fortunately this team seems to amp up its play in big games and screws the pooch against lesser foes, especially on the road.
    No, it won't, but Michigan isn't playing as well as they were earlier in the season. They seem to be wearing down a bit. Either way, I'm not worried. I think we will be okay.

  26. #2299
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,344

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yep, just as I expected. Looks like the best we can hope for is a share of the conference title which, while not terrible, doesn't hold quite the esteem of winning it outright.
    A share of the regular season title in the best conference in basketball isn't terrible? Not so sure...
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  27. #2300
    Member hoosierguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,466

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A share of the regular season title in the best conference in basketball isn't terrible? Not so sure...
    Are you saying it is terrible? What is your point?

Similar Threads

  1. Purdue 2012-2013 Athletics thread
    By Kegboy in forum The Locker Room (General Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 753
    Last Post: 08-11-2013, 08:54 PM
  2. 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread
    By pacer4ever in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1618
    Last Post: 06-28-2013, 06:35 PM
  3. Purdue 2011-2012 Athletics thread
    By ECKrueger in forum The Locker Room (General Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 691
    Last Post: 01-07-2013, 09:40 PM
  4. 2012/2013 Premier League thread
    By Hypnotiq in forum The Locker Room (General Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-29-2012, 03:11 AM
  5. Indiana University Athletics Thread 2011-2012
    By cdash in forum The Locker Room (General Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 2435
    Last Post: 09-01-2012, 09:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •