Page 71 of 131 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581121 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,775 of 3264

Thread: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Zeller seems to be a little frail. I don't think he can hold position against anyone..... not that I am watching..... ...
    How in the hell are you in any position to critique Zeller then? He went for 19 pts and 9 rebounds.

IU beat the #1 team in the country AGAIN and will soon be ranked #1 AGAIN. I know you were crying all night about it.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Actually he went for 19 and 10. They gave him another board after the game when they reviewed a chase down.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Yogi is amazing for a freshman. He may not be more talented than Trey, but the big difference is that Yogi impacts the game on both sides of the ball. Trey is not a very good defender and it showed last night.
    Burke puts up big numbers because he ALWAYS has the ball in his hands. His usage rate is among the highest in the country but he does not score efficiently. The same goes for Hardaway. Sure he and Burke can get hot and drill a few shots in a row but they also give Michigan a lot of empty possessions.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    Burke puts up big numbers because he ALWAYS has the ball in his hands. His usage rate is among the highest in the country but he does not score efficiently. The same goes for Hardaway. Sure he and Burke can get hot and drill a few shots in a row but they also give Michigan a lot of empty possessions.
    Burke is still pretty efficient much more efficient than say Russ Smith from Louisville who has apparently "solved" Louisiville's offensive woes while scoring 18ppg on 40% shooting. Burke is at least up around 49% I think. Hardaway is a chucker and has been his entire career so I agree with you on that. Last night though the case that Burke got his numbers just from having the ball so much is definitely true. Minute to minute I thought Yogi at least played him even and maybe out played him.

Burke is still pretty efficient much more efficient than say Russ Smith from Louisville who has apparently "solved" Louisiville's offensive woes while scoring 18ppg on 40% shooting. Burke is at least up around 49% I think. Hardaway is a chucker and has been his entire career so I agree with you on that. Last night though the case that Burke got his numbers just from having the ball so much is definitely true. Minute to minute I thought Yogi at least played him even and maybe out played him.
    I know Michigan had the most efficient offense in the country coming into the game and perhaps my view is overly influenced by watching them closely in their only two losses of the season but their offense certainly doesn't look very efficient to me. Any offense looks good when the shots are falling but UM really struggles when they aren't hitting their perimeter shots. Trey Burke looked like a young Allen Iverson out there last night- a ball dominant small guard that hurt his team as much as he helped it.

Quote Originally Posted by bballpacen View Post
    I disagree... this team goes as Watford goes... His ability to consistantly play and contribute at a high level is key to the success of the Hoosiers...
    Check out how we played when Yogi Ferrell wasn't on the court last night. We are straying into a different point than my original, but I think Yogi's play is more important than Watford's. To a certain extent, I agree--we need Watford. His rebounding is huge, and when he posted up Hardaway last night he got some huge buckets for us and drew a key foul. We obviously need him to win a national title. I thought that was pretty much a foregone conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    I know Michigan had the most efficient offense in the country coming into the game and perhaps my view is overly influenced by watching them closely in their only two losses of the season but their offense certainly doesn't look very efficient to me. Any offense looks good when the shots are falling but UM really struggles when they aren't hitting their perimeter shots. Trey Burke looked like a young Allen Iverson out there last night- a ball dominant small guard that hurt his team as much as he helped it.
    We must have been watching different games. I thought Burke, despite his uncharacteristic volume shooting, was very good last night and kept them in the game.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    We must have been watching different games.
    I'm sure you were. One of you probably watched IU-Michigan. The other watched IU-somebody through their Rose Colored Classes (cue Lee Corso, on the way to leading the Hoosiers to the '79 Holiday Bowl, via John Conlee).

"These Rose colored glasses
    That I'm looking through
    Show only the beauty
    'Cause they hide all the truth."
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Quietly another good game from Watford. No guy takes more unnecessary ******** comments from fans in the stands than him. Yet he is probably a top 40 or so IU player at this point.
    I think that is because expectations for him are so high. He should be one of the best two players on the court almost every night, and so far this season that has rarely been the case.

I am wondering how long Yogis height is going to keep him here. Not likely long enough for my tastes.

We must have been watching different games. I thought Burke, despite his uncharacteristic volume shooting, was very good last night and kept them in the game.
    9/24 from the field and 4/12 from three is not an impressive output. Several of his shots were ill advised at crucial points in the game. Several of his made shots were very low percentage looks, like the one at the end of the half.
    Last edited by hoosierguy; 02-03-2013 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoJ View Post
    I'm sure you were. One of you probably watched IU-Michigan. The other watched IU-somebody through their Rose Colored Classes (cue Lee Corso, on the way to leading the Hoosiers to the '79 Holiday Bowl, via John Conlee).
    Oh I see. I'm a homer if I don't kiss the other team's *** and don't get overly critical of IU (which isn't even the truth but since when has that stopped certain people on here from getting on my case).

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yogi is amazing for a freshman. He may not be more talented than Trey, but the big difference is that Yogi impacts the game on both sides of the ball. Trey is not a very good defender and it showed last night.

Big 3s from Hulls and one that would have counted that got waived off on whatever that goofy *** foul call was near half court.

Quietly another good game from Watford. No guy takes more unnecessary ******** comments from fans in the stands than him. Yet he is probably a top 40 or so IU player at this point.

Oladipo and Zeller....what can you say? No chance either one is back now. Zeller dominated that game in a crucial stretch with his putback dunks. Victor only gave up 4 points last night when he was directly guarding someone....he was on the court for 45 defensive possessions.
    I agree with the defense part about Trey. He seems like he just doesn't try on that end can of disappointing.

year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar

http://www.indystar.com/article/2013...id-s-got-game-

It didn’t take a dunker to know what a spectacular effort Indiana University’s Victor Oladipo gave in his near-miss of a jam Saturday night on a ball thrown behind him.

But Paul George, a standout in last year’s NBA’s Slam Dunk contest, said today following an Indiana Pacers' practice at Bankers Life Fieldhouse that Oladipo nearly delivered an all-time keeper.

“It would have been crazy if he would have got that down,” said George, who watched the 81-73 victory over No. 1 Michigan from the third row. “It would have been a top play (on television) for a while.”

George said he marveled at the Assembly Hall atmosphere, easily the loudest environment he’s experienced as a spectator. But while his ears were filled with noise, his eyes were fixed on Oladipo.

“That kid’s got game,” the NBA All-Star said. “I like his game.”
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

Quote Originally Posted by obnoxiousmodesty View Post
    I don't think I could contain my excitement if the Pacers somehow ended up with Oladipo. Alas, I think Victor has played himself into the lottery and well out of our range.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

What are the +/- numbers for Yogi? It seems like when he's been in the game we have blown Michigan away.
    Yogi was +20 for the game. Easily the highest on the team.

If we can cut down on the TOs, and JH continues to develop I will give us a 30% chance to win at Michigan. It would be hard to imagine Sheehey playing worse. Jalen Rose pretty much nailed it, we are the only ones that can beat us.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    If we can cut down on the TOs, and JH continues to develop I will give us a 30% chance to win at Michigan. It would be hard to imagine Sheehey playing worse. Jalen Rose pretty much nailed it, we are the only ones that can beat us.
    30%? That's it? Michigan doesn't exactly have an Assembly Hall-like atmosphere. I'd throw it at 50/50.

They will be out for blood though. And with how the standings are working out, they will likely either be playing to win the Big Ten, Win a share of the Big Ten, or prevent us from getting a share of the Big Ten.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    They will be out for blood though. And with how the standings are working out, they will likely either be playing to win the Big Ten, Win a share of the Big Ten, or prevent us from getting a share of the Big Ten.
    Even so, I give us a better chance to win than freaking 30%.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

We won't win at Michigan, and probably not at Michigan St. or Minnesota either. Ohio St. is a toss-up, though a split is more likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    We won't win at Michigan, and probably not at Michigan St. or Minnesota either. Ohio St. is a toss-up, though a split is more likely.
    We will we at least two of those games imo. Minnesota is very vulnerable right now (lucked out at home against Iowa today), I just don't think Ohio State is that good (Watford can check Thomas pretty well imo, and who else is scoring for them?), and I think the games in the Murder Mitten will be the toughies. Still, we are too good to lose all of those games.

I think we can beat OSU. They rely on Thomas way too much and we have just the guy to stop him. I also think we should beat the Gophers they are reeling as of late. Illinois we better win.

Assuming we hold serve at home. That would leave us with 3 losses. So unless Michigan wins 9 straight we will have at least a share of the title.

Honestly I think we might have a chance against MSU as well. Much less of one though.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    I think that is because expectations for him are so high. He should be one of the best two players on the court almost every night, and so far this season that has rarely been the case.
    How many players in the B1G this season are averaging 13 and 6?

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    So certain about Minnesota? We won there last year.