Page 46 of 131 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 3264

Thread: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

  1. #1126
    THE WITCH IS DEAD!!! Coopdog23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Bank
    Posts
    2,897

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    you refuse to give any evidence whatsoever, so we all assume it to be UNTRUE.
    Why is he sitting out the last few games?
    "We want Miami"

  2. #1127
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,297

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Stop.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:


  4. #1128
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well Patterson was academically ineligible to play at IU and probably will be for Syracuse
    This is a really poor attempt at trolling.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to SoupIsGood For This Useful Post:


  6. #1129
    A happy Roy is a good Roy DaveP63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Farmerstucky
    Posts
    1,228

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Another one for the old ignore list. Thank you.
    http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...nce-stephenson
    "But, first, let us now praise famous moments, because something happened Tuesday night in Indianapolis that you can watch a lifetimeís worth of professional basketball and never see again. There was a brief, and very decisive, and altogether unprecedented, outburst of genuine officiating, and it was directed at the best player in the world, and that, my dear young person, simply is not done."

  7. #1130
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,083

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Don Fisher mentioned the Hollowell situation this evening and had a quote/release from the AD. Slick Pinkham's information seems to be what the statement was implying. It said something to the affect that Hollowell wasn't being punished and IIRC his parents brought a situation to IU's attention, IU contacted the NCAA and they are working with the NCAA for clarification. Nothing said made it sound like it was an academics issue.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  8. #1131
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,083

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Tom Crean addressed the situation following the victory against Florida Atlantic by saying his non-participation was a “a personal and private matter that is in no way related to academic, behavior, or disciplinary issues”

    One hour before tip-off at Assembly Hall, IU released this statement in regards to Hollowell.

    “As he has for the last two games, Indiana University Vice President and Director of Intercollegiate Athletics Fred Glass has directed the men’s basketball program to withhold Jeremy Hollowell from tonight’s game pending resolution of NCAA compliance issues. While stating that it is premature to discuss these issues in any detail, Glass stated that they do not involve any improper actions or inactions by the institution or its men’s basketball program. Glass further stated that Jeremy and his family are actually the ones to initially raise these issues, that Jeremy has continued to fully cooperated in this matter, and that in Glass’s opinion Jeremy appears to be a victim–not a perpetrator–in this matter. Glass expressed his appreciation to the NCAA for its assistance and cooperation and his optimism that these issues will soon be resolved. Until then, neither he nor anyone else at IU will have any further comment.”
    Read more at http://fox59.com/2012/12/28/jeremy-h...6EOiu7TeIv7.99
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:


  10. #1132

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why is he sitting out the last few games?
    Can't you read?

    Not academics. Everyone agrees with this but YOU, OlBluCoopdog. You claim to know more than his coaches, friends, and family. Thus we all call BS, OlBluCoopdog
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  11. #1133
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,349

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can't you read?

    Not academics. Everyone agrees with this but YOU, OlBluCoopdog. You claim to know more than his coaches, friends, and family. Thus we all call BS, OlBluCoopdog
    In fairness, if your team was 5-6 and destined for a 9-12th finish in the Big Ten, you would be clinging to any hope you could grasp onto.

  12. #1134
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In fairness, if your team was 5-6 and destined for a 9-12th finish in the Big Ten, you would be clinging to any hope you could grasp onto.
    Hey, I only look to your past to see what is probably going on now. When Sampson was there, the players didn't even attend classes at all...... IU won't change. They have had garbage ethics ever since the General left and they will continue to be that way. I hope they lose every game. A team is really bad when they can get me to root for Kentucky against them. I think IU is capable of just about any violation you can name and I think that will come back to bite them over and over again.......

  13. #1135
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,349

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hey, I only look to your past to see what is probably going on now. When Sampson was there, the players didn't even attend classes at all...... IU won't change. They have had garbage ethics ever since the General left and they will continue to be that way. I hope they lose every game. A team is really bad when they can get me to root for Kentucky against them. I think IU is capable of just about any violation you can name and I think that will come back to bite them over and over again.......
    You respond as if anyone gives a **** about what you say. You have repeated this post over and over again--we get it. You don't like IU. Your point is crystal clear, now I ask another question: Why are you posting in an IU thread if you don't care about them? Leave. All you are doing is trying to stir up trouble. We get that you are a bitter old man who hates change with his favorite teams. I am guessing that the day Derek Jeter gets run out of the Bronx your little Yankee avatar will change and you will run through the streets screaming about the injustice done to one of the greatest Yankees ever.

  14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  15. #1136

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You respond as if anyone gives a **** about what you say. You have repeated this post over and over again--we get it. You don't like IU. Your point is crystal clear, now I ask another question: Why are you posting in an IU thread if you don't care about them? Leave. All you are doing is trying to stir up trouble. We get that you are a bitter old man who hates change with his favorite teams. I am guessing that the day Derek Jeter gets run out of the Bronx your little Yankee avatar will change and you will run through the streets screaming about the injustice done to one of the greatest Yankees ever.
    I can't "thank" this post enough....

  16. #1137

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    OlBluCoopdog
    Close.

    Might I suggest OlCoopBluDog ?? Flows a little better I think.

  17. #1138
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You respond as if anyone gives a **** about what you say. You have repeated this post over and over again--we get it. You don't like IU. Your point is crystal clear, now I ask another question: Why are you posting in an IU thread if you don't care about them? Leave. All you are doing is trying to stir up trouble. We get that you are a bitter old man who hates change with his favorite teams. I am guessing that the day Derek Jeter gets run out of the Bronx your little Yankee avatar will change and you will run through the streets screaming about the injustice done to one of the greatest Yankees ever.
    Nonsense. Why won't you face up to your own universities short comings and continuing rule breaking? Burying you head in the sand (I like this idea, actually) is not going to make things change. If there were a full investigatin of IU basketball and football, both programs might get the death penalty and they justly deserve it. I commented because other folks were posting and using my name......

  18. #1139

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am not a troll. He certainly is. I rarely say anything that isn't positive about the Pacers. I don't post about the Colts anymore, I just ignore them. I still hate IU and all of their sports programs and I admit that I root against them all of the time. I don't worry about them, the curse of the General, will last for a hundred years.... ...
    You don't post about the Colts because you can't, not because you don't want to.

  19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LuckSwagger For This Useful Post:


  20. #1140
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,720

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    It is pretty concerning that 3 of our 4 freshmen have had eligibility issues.

  21. #1141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hollowell and Patterson bot had a 1.9 GPA. Patterson went to Syracuse and Hollowell is now academically ineligible
    Link?

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to Dgreenwell3 For This Useful Post:


  23. #1142
    Can see thru wooden doors dal9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,909

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In fairness, if your team was 5-6 and destined for a 9-12th finish in the Big Ten, you would be clinging to any hope you could grasp onto.
    We're now 7-6, thank you very much, having beat William and Mary.

  24. #1143

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by dal9 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We're now 7-6, thank you very much, having beat William and Mary.

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  26. #1144
    year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lafayette, IN
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,303

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Hollowell has been re-instated and will play at Iowa tomorrow.

    http://www.iuhoosiers.com/sports/m-b...123012aaq.html

    Dec. 30, 2012

    Statement from Indiana University Vice President and Director of Intercollegiate Athletics Fred Glass:

    "Earlier today we were advised by the NCAA that they have accepted our self-reported secondary violation involving Jeremy Hollowell and, consistent with our proposal, immediately reinstated his eligibility. He will travel with the rest of the team to Iowa and be eligible to play in that game and all other games going forward. I would like to thank the NCAA for its assistance and responsiveness, especially during this holiday season when their office is officially closed. I also thank Jeremy Hollowell and his mother Chandra Lockett who raised this issue and have continued to be forthright and forthcoming throughout this matter. Finally, I thank our athletic department and men's basketball staff who worked diligently and professionally to help bring this to a positive conclusion. I am proud of how Indiana University has handled this situation. We will release the details of this matter later this week. Until then we will have no further comment."
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

  27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to obnoxiousmodesty For This Useful Post:


  28. #1145
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,349

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by obnoxiousmodesty View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hollowell has been re-instated and will play at Iowa tomorrow.

    http://www.iuhoosiers.com/sports/m-b...123012aaq.html
    But...what about his 1.9 GPA? We had very credible information that he had a 1.9 GPA.

  29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  30. #1146
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,330

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by obnoxiousmodesty View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hollowell has been re-instated and will play at Iowa tomorrow.

    http://www.iuhoosiers.com/sports/m-b...123012aaq.html
    In other words, this was about as bad as Alford and the calendar shoot.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  31. #1147
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In other words, this was about as bad as Alford and the calendar shoot.
    It must have been a little worse, he missed several games. Alford only missed the Kentucky game....

  32. #1148
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,330

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Except the NCAA office has been closed for the last week or so (and will likely be closed this week as well). IU was lucky to get a ruling during the holidays, because that building is EMPTY.

    Again, not a big deal.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  33. #1149
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,237
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by LuckSwagger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You don't post about the Colts because you can't, not because you don't want to.
    Shhhh......he thinks he accomplished his goal of shutting the Colts forum down......

  34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:


  35. #1150
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Shhhh......he thinks he accomplished his goal of shutting the Colts forum down......
    I never wanted to shut down that forum or any other. I believe people should be able to say what they think......

Similar Threads

  1. Purdue 2012-2013 Athletics thread
    By Kegboy in forum The Locker Room (General Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 753
    Last Post: 08-11-2013, 08:54 PM
  2. 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread
    By pacer4ever in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1618
    Last Post: 06-28-2013, 06:35 PM
  3. Purdue 2011-2012 Athletics thread
    By ECKrueger in forum The Locker Room (General Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 691
    Last Post: 01-07-2013, 08:40 PM
  4. 2012/2013 Premier League thread
    By Hypnotiq in forum The Locker Room (General Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-29-2012, 03:11 AM
  5. Indiana University Athletics Thread 2011-2012
    By cdash in forum The Locker Room (General Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 2435
    Last Post: 09-01-2012, 09:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •