Page 44 of 131 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 3264

Thread: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

  1. #1076

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    I can't imagine how much a beast Perea will be on the boards come tourney time. His rebounding is going to be the difference maker sometime this season I would bet.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mad-Mad-Mario For This Useful Post:


  3. #1077
    Member Blink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    243

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    I liked hearing some of the tourists at AH last night groaning about Hanner before he proceeded to collect 10 boards.

  4. #1078
    Member hoosierguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,464

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There is another "hoosierguy" who also happens to be mentally unhinged trolling Colts message boards? Interesting.
    Mentally unhinged? Is that what you label anyone who doesn't tolerate your juvenile crap?

  5. #1079
    Member hoosierguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,464

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It is comical the amount of offense you take when someone pretty innocently says that he's happy that the team he supports won a much-anticipated sold-out game that went into overtime. His pretty mild comments deserved none of your mean-spirited retaliatory comments. Lots of people noticed that, and called you out on it. It had nothing to do with "sticking up for your school" since many who (you say) have "lobbed insults your way" stick up for that same school as adamantly as you do, but with considerably more tact and with a lot thicker skin.
    That is absolutely not what the OP did. He came here to gloat and rub our noses in IU's loss. That was clearly the tone of the post. I guess the fact that I don't have a big stiffy for the "Butler Way" or their arrogant fanbase that trashes IU but can't even fill tiny Hinkle Fieldhouse makes me a villain in this community. So be it. You people are just going to have to deal with it or cry to a mod to ban me.

  6. #1080

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That is absolutely not what the OP did. He came here to gloat and rub our noses in IU's loss. That was clearly the tone of the post. I guess the fact that I don't have a big stiffy for the "Butler Way" or their arrogant fanbase that trashes IU but can't even fill tiny Hinkle Fieldhouse makes me a villain in this community. So be it. You people are just going to have to deal with it or cry to a mod to ban me.
    I get it, he hurt your feelings...get used to it, no one is "respectful" to each other and no one is going to get down on their knees to respect IU. You wanted to be the big dawg so you put a target on your back and somebody got you, stop whining and take your licks. Also please feel free to quote the post and no one has EVER MISINTERPRETED A POST ON THE INTERNET...
    Last edited by Dgreenwell3; 12-22-2012 at 02:00 PM.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Dgreenwell3 For This Useful Post:


  8. #1081
    Member hoosierguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,464

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I get it, he hurt your feelings...get used to it, no one is "respectful" to each other and no one is going to get down on their knees to respect IU. You wanted to be the big dawg so you put a target on your back and somebody got you, stop whining and take your licks. Also please feel free to quote the post and no one has EVER MISINTERPRETED A POST ON THE INTERNET...
    This is a complete fabrication of what the actual issue is. Nowhere have I ever communicated that IU commands respect or admiration from opposing fanbases. But a line is crossed when an opposing fan ventures into an IU thread to gloat. I did nothing extreme in response yet you babies have done nothing but **** and moan since.

    It is pathetic that you had to craft a strawman to find a way to critcize me.

  9. #1082

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is a complete fabrication of what the actual issue is. Nowhere have I ever communicated that IU commands respect or admiration from opposing fanbases. But a line is crossed when an opposing fan ventures into an IU thread to gloat. I did nothing extreme in response yet you babies have done nothing but **** and moan since.

    It is pathetic that you had to craft a strawman to find a way to critcize me.
    So now I am at fault for your immaturity?

  10. #1083

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is a complete fabrication of what the actual issue is. Nowhere have I ever communicated that IU commands respect or admiration from opposing fanbases. But a line is crossed when an opposing fan ventures into an IU thread to gloat. I did nothing extreme in response yet you babies have done nothing but **** and moan since.

    It is pathetic that you had to craft a strawman to find a way to critcize me.
    After the multiple pot-shots you took at butler i do not believe you can play the respect card.

  11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dgreenwell3 For This Useful Post:


  12. #1084

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I honestly think if we would have played Hanner more minutes against BUtler we would have won. He is maybe our best rebounder already in terms of getting position.
    I was actually wondering that myself...has he been in Creans doghouse of sorts? Or is he just falling just falling into his role?

  13. #1085

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He came here to gloat and rub our noses in IU's loss. That was clearly the tone of the post. I guess the fact that I don't have a big stiffy for the "Butler Way" or their arrogant fanbase that trashes IU but can't even fill tiny Hinkle Fieldhouse makes me a villain in this community. So be it. You people are just going to have to deal with it or cry to a mod to ban me.
    get over yourself dude.

    As far as I can tell, this is the post that set you off in a whiny snippy hissy fit:

    "After all the **** I've taken from IU fans, this feels so freaking good. Its still just one game though. Onto the next..."

    So let's summarize: he's taken a lot of flak in the past for liking a team that gets a lot less support, it was an exciting game, he feels good about the outcome, but he also realizes it was only one game, so in the big scheme it's not everything-- it would mean nothing if they blew the next game, for example, so he's moving on. Sounds like a mature attitude to me.

    I don't get where you even see that as gloating or a post made in an unacceptable tone. It was a pretty innocuous remark that led you on a multipage tirade that has lasted a week now. You have some ISSUES.
    Last edited by Slick Pinkham; 12-22-2012 at 04:32 PM.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:


  15. #1086
    future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,015

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    but a line was crossed!

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  17. #1087
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,172

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was actually wondering that myself...has he been in Creans doghouse of sorts? Or is he just falling just falling into his role?
    The Butler game was the first one he was eligible for thanks to nonsensical NCAA findings over a bumper sticker in 1992. If I were Crean, I wouldn't have thrown him out into the fire right away.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  18. #1088
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    16,932

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Lol wtf has happened to this thread

  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  20. #1089
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,159

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Okay, enough with the pissing contest. Let's get this thread back on track.

  21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:


  22. #1090
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    They boot that idiot IU guy. He causes trouble on every thread...... ...

  23. #1091
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    16,932

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They boot that idiot IU guy. He causes trouble on every thread...... ...
    Says the professional troll.

  24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  25. #1092
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    I am not a troll. He certainly is. I rarely say anything that isn't positive about the Pacers. I don't post about the Colts anymore, I just ignore them. I still hate IU and all of their sports programs and I admit that I root against them all of the time. I don't worry about them, the curse of the General, will last for a hundred years.... ...

  26. #1093
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,159

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They boot that idiot IU guy. He causes trouble on every thread...... ...
    What did I just say?

    Next one gets an infraction.

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:


  28. #1094

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am not a troll. He certainly is. I rarely say anything that isn't positive about the Pacers. I don't post about the Colts anymore, I just ignore them. I still hate IU and all of their sports programs and I admit that I root against them all of the time. I don't worry about them, the curse of the General, will last for a hundred years.... ...
    This isn't worth my time on second thought
    Last edited by Dgreenwell3; 12-24-2012 at 04:58 PM.

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to Dgreenwell3 For This Useful Post:


  30. #1095
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    16,932

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Anyone else curious about what is going on with Jeremy Hollowell? Lots of speculation and what not going on there--hopefully it gets resolved sooner rather than later.

  31. #1096
    future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,015

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone else curious about what is going on with Jeremy Hollowell? Lots of speculation and what not going on there--hopefully it gets resolved sooner rather than later.
    Allegedly contact with an agent.

    Jabari Parker had an agent at his freaking announcement presser, so it's not like this stuff isn't insanely common if that's what it is.

  32. #1097
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    16,932

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Allegedly contact with an agent.

    Jabari Parker had an agent at his freaking announcement presser, so it's not like this stuff isn't insanely common if that's what it is.
    It was indirect contact, I believe, or so the rumor goes. Read: probably a parent.

  33. #1098
    future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,015

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Didn't get it from a Purdue board. I don't go to any of them since they're basically 100% irrational and just downright stupid.

  34. #1099
    THE WITCH IS DEAD!!! Coopdog23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Bank
    Posts
    2,889

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Didn't get it from a Purdue board. I don't go to any of them since they're basically 100% irrational and just downright stupid.
    At least not half of our team is on academic suspension
    "We want Miami"

  35. #1100
    future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,015

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    At least not half of our team is on academic suspension
    neither's IU's? they don't have a single guy on academic suspension far as I know.

  36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Purdue 2012-2013 Athletics thread
    By Kegboy in forum The Locker Room (General Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 753
    Last Post: 08-11-2013, 08:54 PM
  2. 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread
    By pacer4ever in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1618
    Last Post: 06-28-2013, 06:35 PM
  3. Purdue 2011-2012 Athletics thread
    By ECKrueger in forum The Locker Room (General Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 691
    Last Post: 01-07-2013, 08:40 PM
  4. 2012/2013 Premier League thread
    By Hypnotiq in forum The Locker Room (General Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-29-2012, 03:11 AM
  5. Indiana University Athletics Thread 2011-2012
    By cdash in forum The Locker Room (General Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 2435
    Last Post: 09-01-2012, 09:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •