Page 43 of 131 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 3264

Thread: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

  1. #1051
    Member hoosierguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,885

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am 100% with you. I realize that hoosierboy is an anomaly here. He's the worst kind of fan. He's the same guy that said he wasn't ever going to be a fan of the Colts again as they were losing last year, and then immediately jumped back on the bandwagon this season after it became obvious they were going to remain relevant. I'm sure he's probably a Notre Dame football fan too. At least until after the National Championship game that is.
    Sure, whatever narrative helps you justify your view of the world. Of course, not that a person like you would care about the truth, but I have never wavered in my fandom for the Colts and have never rooted for Notre Dame.

  2. #1052

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who knew sticking up for one's school would warrant such an absurd backlash? It is comical the volume of insults that have been lobbed at me.
    It is comical the amount of offense you take when someone pretty innocently says that he's happy that the team he supports won a much-anticipated sold-out game that went into overtime. His pretty mild comments deserved none of your mean-spirited retaliatory comments. Lots of people noticed that, and called you out on it. It had nothing to do with "sticking up for your school" since many who (you say) have "lobbed insults your way" stick up for that same school as adamantly as you do, but with considerably more tact and with a lot thicker skin.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:


  4. #1053

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    I was hoping to see a lot more of Hanner tonight, and more from Hanner when he was out there. If the cupcake games don't help your depth then they seem pretty worthless
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  5. #1054
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who knew sticking up for one's school would warrant such an absurd backlash? It is comical the volume of insults that have been lobbed at me.

    What is more comical is that you don't realize how much you deserve them all......

  6. #1055
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,478

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was hoping to see a lot more of Hanner tonight, and more from Hanner when he was out there. If the cupcake games don't help your depth then they seem pretty worthless
    Hanner is R-A-W. No other way to put it. He has no idea how to play basketball yet.

  7. #1056

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Wasn't Hanner a 5 star recruit?


    I hope Crean is done recruiting foreign big men.

  8. #1057
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    32,483

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by LuckSwagger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wasn't Hanner a 5 star recruit?


    I hope Crean is done recruiting foreign big men.
    WTF?

    Hanner has lived in the states for some time now. He was a 4 star recruit, and he will be fine. The guy drips with potential. I think by March he will have settled in and next year I think he will be a beast.

    I don't mean to jump on you, but it's a little weird to say Crean should stop recruiting foreign big men.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  10. #1058

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    You can't generalize all foreigners as raw players. Look at the Polish big man for Gonzaga. He is one of the best freshmen I've seen play this year. He's anything but raw.

  11. #1059
    #Franking Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    13,637

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    If you guys are done with Hanner you can ship him a little north, we'll take those scraps no problem.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  13. #1060
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    32,483

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you guys are done with Hanner you can ship him a little north, we'll take those scraps no problem.
    No kidding. He looks like he has grown to 6'9" now and his shoulders are just huge. The guy is gonna be fine.
    Last edited by Trader Joe; 12-20-2012 at 11:31 AM.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  14. #1061
    #Franking Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    13,637

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Feel terrible about Creek going down again btw, kid can't catch a break. At least it's fairly minor right?

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  16. #1062
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    32,483

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Feel terrible about Creek going down again btw, kid can't catch a break. At least it's fairly minor right?
    No one has really said, but it seems that way. He was moving around in a boot at the game and in good spirits is what everyone was saying on twitter.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  17. #1063

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't mean to jump on you, but it's a little weird to say Crean should stop recruiting foreign big men.

    Yeah, because Tijan Jobe, Bawa Muniru and Guy Marc-Michel are all testaments to Crean's ability to recruit internationally.


    Foreign players take longer to go through the clearinghouse and when they're living with someone who's recently been affiliated with your program you get ****** situations like what we had with Perea and Jurkin. Meanwhile, Jurkin has yet to make an appearance on the court even though tonight's opponent was a 200-calorie cupcake.

  18. #1064
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    32,483

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by LuckSwagger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, because Tijan Jobe, Bawa Muniru and Guy Marc-Michel are all testaments to Crean's ability to recruit internationally.


    Foreign players take longer to go through the clearinghouse and when they're living with someone who's recently been affiliated with your program you get ****** situations like what we had with Perea and Jurkin. Meanwhile, Jurkin has yet to make an appearance on the court even though tonight's opponent was a 200-calorie cupcake.
    None of those guys were recruited internationally LOL

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  19. #1065

    Default

    To Hoosierguy I will say the exact same thing I tell dumb sailors and marines who fight with the army,
    "THE US NAVY HAS BEEN AROUND LONG ENOUGH THAT YOU DON'T HAVE TO DEFEND HER HONOR IN SUCH AN IDIOTIC MANNER..." of course usually there is a "but hey, did you win?" attached to that but you he the point.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Dgreenwell3 For This Useful Post:


  21. #1066

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    LOL, I'm not "done with Hanner" by any means, I've just been looking forward to seeing what he has to offer, throughout his suspension. I was thinking last night would be the chance where he might play at least a 10 minute uninterrupted stretch vs. inferior athletes and show that he belongs. I think he will show that at some point, but it was mildly disappointing that he didn't get the chance or maybe that he didn't earn the chance in practice (more likely in fact).

    Maybe vs. FAU we will see something? Once we get into the conference, the rotation is likely to contract, so now is the time to audition for a role, however small, as a freshman.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  22. #1067
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    32,483

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    I thought Hanner played well briefly against Butler to be honest.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  23. #1068
    Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Dragon's Lair
    Posts
    4,143

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thought Hanner played well briefly against Butler to be honest.
    I did too. Is he going to be what Cody Zeller was last year? Of course not, but unlike Zeller last year, Perea doesn't have to be that good. He simply needs to be what he is. He's an athletic, NBA-type of body who can use that size and athleticism to defend, rebound, and get the occasional garbage bucket. That's all that should be asked from him considering the rest of the roster that is around him.

    Expecting him to be more, at this point, doesn't really seem fair to the kid to me. Like the meth wizard said, if you guys don't want him, send him north.

  24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mackey_Rose For This Useful Post:


  25. #1069
    Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Dragon's Lair
    Posts
    4,143

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sure, whatever narrative helps you justify your view of the world. Of course, not that a person like you would care about the truth, but I have never wavered in my fandom for the Colts and have never rooted for Notre Dame.
    There is another "hoosierguy" who also happens to be mentally unhinged trolling Colts message boards? Interesting.

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to Mackey_Rose For This Useful Post:


  27. #1070
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    32,483

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I did too. Is he going to be what Cody Zeller was last year? Of course not, but unlike Zeller last year, Perea doesn't have to be that good. He simply needs to be what he is. He's an athletic, NBA-type of body who can use that size and athleticism to defend, rebound, and get the occasional garbage bucket. That's all that should be asked from him considering the rest of the roster that is around him.

    Expecting him to be more, at this point, doesn't really seem fair to the kid to me. Like the meth wizard said, if you guys don't want him, send him north.
    When he first came into the Butler game it was the first time I had seen him in a basketball uni since the team pics in the fall and I was just struck by how big his shoulders are. If he runs the court well and plays hard he is going to have a really great college career especially with Yogi at point.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  29. #1071

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    There's some speculation as to why Hollowell didn't play. Crean said some people were hurt (Creek) or ill. When asked if Hollowell and Jurkin were either, I think he dodged the question. Hopefully it has nothing to do with the fact that fall grades came out yesterday....
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  30. #1072
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,478

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Whoa. I just saw he is raw, I'm not ready to "ship him north". I wouldn't wish that on anyone. I just think it's going to take him some time to learn the game. His learning curve is steep, but he clearly has the physical tools to be extremely good. If he has even a third of the work ethic of an Oladipo/Sheehey, he will be a monster in due time.

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  32. #1073
    Member PR07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,998

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Apparently, the classes you took at Butler didn't teach you the definition of simple term such as "gloat" or how to act like a decent human being. You made that post specifically at me because I had the audacity to debate you on a few matters in the past.
    You have me confused with another poster. I am not the original "gloater", nor have I debated with you on previous matters.

    Go and find where I gloated, quote it, take a screenshot....do what you have to do, but you're full of crap.

  33. #1074

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    now THAT was exactly what I wanted to see out of Hanner! and Cody, and everyone...

    http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=323560084
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  34. The Following User Says Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:


  35. #1075
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    32,483

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    I honestly think if we would have played Hanner more minutes against BUtler we would have won. He is maybe our best rebounder already in terms of getting position.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Purdue 2012-2013 Athletics thread
    By Kegboy in forum The Locker Room (General Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 753
    Last Post: 08-11-2013, 08:54 PM
  2. 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread
    By pacer4ever in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1618
    Last Post: 06-28-2013, 06:35 PM
  3. Purdue 2011-2012 Athletics thread
    By ECKrueger in forum The Locker Room (General Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 691
    Last Post: 01-07-2013, 09:40 PM
  4. 2012/2013 Premier League thread
    By Hypnotiq in forum The Locker Room (General Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-29-2012, 03:11 AM
  5. Indiana University Athletics Thread 2011-2012
    By cdash in forum The Locker Room (General Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 2435
    Last Post: 09-01-2012, 09:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •