Page 40 of 131 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 3264

Thread: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Stay classy Butler. You have given IU fans plenty of grief so get off your high horse. I must have missed where you played in the game or did anything to contribute to the victory. I'm sure you and the four other living Butler alums will have a great next few days.
    I love how you talk crap about people talking crap so you talk a little more crap. How about a good game? Sportsmanship from both of you pass it on.

Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Right, but outside of UNC, the wins were Marian, UIndy, Elon, Marquette, Hanover, Ball State, IUPUI, and Northwestern. And they got creamed by Xavier and Illinois. My only point was that the Xavier and Illinois losses really hurt them as far as being ranked is concerned. Obviously beating IU yesterday will propel them into the rankings because they will have wins against IU and UNC. But it's easy to see why they weren't ranked before yesterday.

This is interesting though:

When a team is No. 1, it’s sure to get every opponent’s best shot. Indiana became the latest No. 1 to fall to an unranked team. In fact, 13 of the last 15 teams ranked No. 1 have lost to an unranked team.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-bas...-rotnei-clarke

Tough loss for IU. We were playing against the most successful team in the state over the last few years and had the opportunity to make a major statement on a neutral court in our state capital. Congrats to Butler though. They had the better coach and better big man yesterday. Zeller's production was extremely disappointing. It's not a coincidence that he began to look better in OT when Smith was on the bench. Smith outplayed him, plain and simple. If Zeller gets beat like that on the boards in Big 10 play, then IU is going to have multiple rough games.
    I agree there. Illinois didn't feel like a blowout, Illinois was just way too good. They'll be tough this year. Xavier was so ugly. I'm glad I didn't go down to Cincy for that game. Both of those teams are pretty good though. Our tournament resume is looking great with 4 tough wins away from Hinkle. Wins over Marquette, UNC, IU, and Northwestern away from home will look very nice to voters and the selection committee.

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    I hope they lose every damn game although I did read the article about Butler beating them with great delight. I root for every team that plays against Indiana including Kentucky..... ...
    You would. You only show up when an Indiana team loses. It's sad and disgusting.

Newsflash old man: IU will win many more games than they lose and I hope every single win they get causes you pain and anguish. You deserve nothing less.
    Last edited by hoosierguy; 12-16-2012 at 06:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    IU fans acted like we won the championship last year when we beat UK. It was a certainly big moment and we deserved to celebrate. But just because we're on the other end of it right now doesn't mean that we should expect Butler fans to be silent about their victory. This was a huge huge huge victory for Butler and they deserve to gloat about it. They just beat the number one team in the country, which also happens to be in the same state. And they did it in the city they call home.
    Gloating is never acceptable. No IU fan on this board acted arrogantly before this game or disparaged Butler in any way. It was a needless post that served to only antagonize and warranted a harsh condemnation.

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood View Post
    Dang man, it's just a game. Four other living Butler alums, really? What is that even supposed to mean?
    That Butler is a small school. I went there on a visit when I was deciding where to go to college but decided that I preferred an actual university setting and not a glorified high school environment which is what Butler provides.

Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    Does that even matter to be a fan? He came in here very classy and left it alone. Why are you hating?
    First, he did not come in here with class. Read his post. He was gloating because of some perceived grief he was given by unnamed people on this site.

Second, I am not hating. I gave Butler full credit for the win in my first post after the game.

That Butler is a small school. I went there on a visit when I was deciding where to go to college but decided that I preferred an actual university setting and not a glorified high school environment which is what Butler provides.

Jeez, you have really got some issues. Four living alums, glorified high school? Are you having a bad week or something?
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

First, he did not come in here with class. Read his post. He was gloating because of some perceived grief he was given by unnamed people on this site.

Second, I am not hating. I gave Butler full credit for the win in my first post after the game.
    You aren't exactly acting with class right now.

The way I look at it is that it was two proud basketball traditions playing each other in a great game. It was a great win for Butler knocking off the #1 team in the country. But IU has nothing to be ashamed of for losing to Butler either.

Butler exposed and exploited some IU weaknesses but I seriously doubt it means IU will be lucky to go .500 in the Big Ten or anything like that. IU will learn from the loss, plus not every team will be able to bring a physical defense and an opportunistic, patient offense to the table like Butler did anyway. And when they do, more times than not I bet IU will be up to the challenge.

The real winner was basketball fans who got treated to a great December matchup showcasing Hoosier (state of Indiana) college basketball to the nation on CBS.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I see you haven't changed much. It must be that IU connection that addles a person's brain. If you had gone to Butler, perhaps you would be able to make a legitimate point occasionally...... ...

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    You aren't exactly acting with class right now.
    He certainly is acting with class...... third class...... ...

Which college do you root for, Blu? You have Indy, NY, and Denver pro-sport icons, so I'm guessing it isn't a college in Indiana?

Banned
    Mood

Which college do you root for, Blu? You have Indy, NY, and Denver pro-sport icons, so I'm guessing it isn't a college in Indiana?
    I have actually given up on college sports. I used to be an IU fan but no longer. It is just a big business with the universities draining all they can out of "student" athletes and giving them almost nothing in return. And don't give me the crap about they give them an education. Not that many actually graduate and if they do it is usually with a degree that has no value. Having a degree means nothing if a potential employer discovers someone can barely read or write. I know there are good student athletes but too many of them are just taking up space so that they can drive big money for the universities. So, I no longer watch college sports unless it is to check on a potential draft pick for my favorite pro teams. I watched a lot of Andrew Luck and RGIII last year and I was convinced that RGIII was a star waiting to happen and Luck, well, no so much..... ...

That's interesting. I basically agree with you. I think they should be compensated. I'm sure that upsets some purists, but to a college sport outsider like me, it just seems like the cleaner solution. Pay them what they're worth.

I follow IU and Butler pretty lightly. Butler won some interest with those crazy runs, but in the end I'm not that great at staying up with college sports . . .

Banned
    Mood

That's interesting. I basically agree with you. I think they should be compensated. I'm sure that upsets some purists, but to a college sport outsider like me, it just seems like the cleaner solution. Pay them what they're worth.

I follow IU and Butler pretty lightly. Butler won some interest with those crazy runs, but in the end I'm not that great at staying up with college sports . . .

I share these views and your indifference about university sports. The money grab going on with conferances is all you have to know to see what the only issue is with college sports. The bottom line..... ...

Butler IS an actual university. It was actually named the number 1 "up and coming" school in the Midwest this past year. There are many small schools that are just as good if not better than larger universities. If you were looking for a quality education, then size of the school shouldn't matter. Just because one fan upset you doesn't give you an excuse for tasteless comments.

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    He certainly is acting with class...... third class...... ...
    Pot, meet kettle.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Pot, meet kettle.
    Can I nominate this for post of the year?

For Butler's sake, I'm glad you didn't.

I used to think the same way. Then, I grew up, decided to stop living in a box and become more open-minded. I'm sure people who were students during the back to back title games wished they weren't walking through that glorified high school environment every day.

Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Pot, meet kettle.
    While this post is accurately aimed at OlBlu, it could just as easily be aimed at the poster in this thread who is desperately trying to snatch away the title of "World's Biggest Hypocrite," with every post.

Keep on, keepin' on hoosierguy.

Thank God I don't have any connections with someone like Hoosierguy. I'm thrilled he didn't like Butler because I don't want anyone like him around my college.

Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    While this post is accurately aimed at OlBlu, it could just as easily be aimed at the poster in this thread who is desperately trying to snatch away the title of "World's Biggest Hypocrite," with every post.

Keep on, keepin' on hoosierguy.
    Yes, they are both bad.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I've seen a lot on this board, but I never in a million years thought I'd see another poster make OB look good by comparison. Well done sir!

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I really don't understand all of the Butler hate. Butler isn't a terrible team and it was a hell of a game. They were just slightly better on Saturday.

Jeez, you'd think we just lost to Purdue or something.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post: