Page 37 of 131 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787 ... LastLast

Thread: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Alright come on basketball team, can't have the soccer team stealing all the ladies by flashing their jewelry(assuming they get rings I honestly don't know)
    They do get rings.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    They do get rings.
    Eh, put it over there with the rest of them...

Wow, St Louis hasn't won a National Championship since IU formed their team. Now thats domination. Not only have they won 8, but they did so in an era that a team that had won 10 of 14 hasn't managed to win a single one.

IU is going to play five teams that are currently ranked in the top 25 during conference play, four of them twice.

Furthermore, IU is the only team in the Big Ten with two wins over ranked teams. Enough complaining about the schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    whooooo soccer

Well it's certainly not at the level of women's basketball or golf, the only team sports in which PU has ever won a legitimate national title.

Face it, Purdue sports are the worst in the conference.

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    IU is going to play five teams that are currently ranked in the top 25 during conference play, four of them twice.

Furthermore, IU is the only team in the Big Ten with two wins over ranked teams. Enough complaining about the schedule.
    After beating Mt. Saint Mary's do the Hoosiers get rings for being regular season NEC champs or do they only hand those out after the tourney?
    Last edited by BRushWithDeath; 12-10-2012 at 03:13 PM.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

streets ahead

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    After beating Mt. Saint Mary's do the Hoosiers get rings for being regular season NEC champs or do they only hand those out after the toruney?
    The NEC should do it sooner rather than later if they want to lure IU away from the Big Ten...

You can't really downgrade a schedule overnight when your program is Kelvin Sampson-ed, which was our problem a few years ago, and you can't upgrade it overnight, either.

Hopefully we work in that direction in future years, to eliminate SOME of these cupcakes. You need a few games to build depth and try new things, but not this many. I'd like to add Ky, although for this year anyway that'd be another cupcake. To be honest, after seeing some of Purdue-Eastern Michigan game, I can't say that Central Connecticut St. wouldn't beat PU on a neutral court.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    You can't really downgrade a schedule overnight when your program is Kelvin Sampson-ed, which was our problem a few years ago, and you can't upgrade it overnight, either.

Hopefully we work in that direction in future years, to eliminate SOME of these cupcakes. You need a few games to build depth and try new things, but not this many. I'd like to add Ky, although for this year anyway that'd be another cupcake. To be honest, after seeing some of Purdue-Eastern Michigan game, I can't say that Central Connecticut St. wouldn't beat PU on a neutral court.
    this is true- until last year outside of non-conference, we could only play what others call a cupcake team because we WERE a cupcake team and those other cupcake teams were very capable of beating us at the hall. i agree we would do well to work towards strengthening our schedule from now on but it really wasn't that long ago we wereincapable of even challenging let alone beat, a really good team.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Just saw you won the National Championship in Soccer and just now i am watching on ESPN America the last minutes of the final against Georgetown.I sat down yesterday and watched some of the semifinals.You know that we,Europeans,adore the greatest sport of the world,football(ok sorry soccer).***** Christ is there something you're not good at in team sports?The greatest sports city in America by far.Congrats to the boys for that achievement.Oh and something else that really pissed me off with the NCAA rule by not holding injury time(extra minutes).

http://www.ncaa.com/news/soccer-men/...tional-title-g

Go straight at the 35 seconds and see what happens in that semi-final.The boy shoots and scores but the ref doesn't count it cause the time expired.My word,this is not basketball and ruins the game completely.One of the most ridiculous things i have ever seen.Oh well doesn't matter cause they did it anyway.Congratulations again even if soccer doesn't mean anything to most of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    Just saw you won the National Championship in Soccer and just now i am watching on ESPN America the last minutes of the final against Georgetown.I sat down yesterday and watched some of the semifinals.You know that we,Europeans,adore the greatest sport of the world,football(ok sorry soccer).***** Christ is there something you're not good at in team sports?The greatest sports city in America by far.Congrats to the boys for that achievement.Oh and something else that really pissed me off with the NCAA rule by not holding injury time(extra minutes).

Go straight at the 35 seconds and see what happens in that semi-final.The boy shoots and scores but the ref doesn't count it cause the time expired.My word,this is not basketball and ruins the game completely.One of the most ridiculous things i have ever seen.Oh well doesn't matter cause they did it anyway.Congratulations again even if soccer doesn't mean anything to most of you.
    IU is one of the most successful and diverse sporting schools in America. 25 national titles, 8 in soccer and 5 in basketball of course being the most note worthy, but we also feature one of the most storied swimming and diving programs in American sports which is pretty impressive for a school in a state that is basically landlocked except for a tiny portion of lake michigan.

Also, Hoosier fans love their soccer, we usually play the U-20 Mexico team every year which is always a ton of fun.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

You must've really been pissed when you found out there are also unlimited substitutions at the Collegiate level.

Quote Originally Posted by TinManJoshua View Post
    You must've really been pissed when you found out there are also unlimited substitutions at the Collegiate level.
    Heh, I can understand it to an extent, we know these kids are not pro athletes. Stoppage time they should add, but to me being able to do unlimited subs in college is a necessary evil to keep the games at 90 minutes long.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by TinManJoshua View Post
    That too.If you don't want just 3(that's the number of allowed changes all over the world on a professional level),then make it 5 or 6.Something else that i think i saw but am not so sure.You're allowed to go out as a sub and get back in later on?

I hate how pro leagues limit how many subs you can use. It is a stupid, useless rule.

As far as these guys being able to play 90 minutes, they should be able to no problem. I was more than capable of doing it as a sophmore in high school, and that was after I had my lung partially collapse a month before.

That too.If you don't want just 3(that's the number of allowed changes all over the world on a professional level),then make it 5 or 6.Something else that i think i saw but am not so sure.You're allowed to go out as a sub and get back in later on?
    In the first half if you sub out, you cannot come back til half time. In second half you are allowed one re-entrance I believe.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

I'm pretty excited for the Crossroads Classic tomorrow. I thought last year's event was fantastic. I think this year's will be better.

That said, after trying to get a couple more tickets, I'm almost considering selling mine. Good lord are they expensive on the secondary market.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

19. The Following User Says Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    In the first half if you sub out, you cannot come back til half time. In second half you are allowed one re-entrance I believe.
    Thats correct.

So in essence in the first half you only get as many subs as you have bench players. And in the second half you have as many subs as you have bench players +1

I understand the rule, these kids are playing hard and its hard to play at that level for 90 minutes. And at that level of play doing so when you are tired increases the risk of injury.

But yeah stoppage time needs to be added. Notice during the ends of close games how IU was just kicking the ball out of bounds, why not no penalty for doing it. Where as in the pros it can cause you problems by adding more stoppage time.

year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar

Inside the Hall (Bozich) and InsideIndiana (Osterman) are tweeting that Elston is dressed and warming up. So the frontcourt might be at full strength with Perea and Jurkin in today as well.
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar

Loving Oladipo so far today.
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

Butler is so, so well coached. Indiana will win this game because we have more talent, but Stevens clearly has gameplanned well for this game. Imagine what he could do if he had elite talent.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

If Butler wants any chance at winning this game, they are going to have to find other people to score besides Rotnei Clarke. Oladipo isn't going to give him anything.

I have no idea what Stevens' future plans are, but he would be a logical successor to Coach K someday. And I hate Duke.

It would sure be nice if we could start making our free throws. Zeller's struggles at the line this entire season have been baffling.

Our defense has been excellent most of the game. The few breakdowns we have had, Butler has taken advantage of.