Page 7 of 131 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

If NOrthwestern, Kansas State, and Baylor can become competitive in football then so can IU.

Wilson was given a seven year deal for a reason people, Fred Glass knows it will take some time.

We are still one of the youngest teams in football and will likely start a true freshman QB for the rest of the season.

Just because you give an idiot time doesn't mean you will get good results. I so tired of holding onto a coach, because "You can't fire your coach every few years or else nobody will want to come here"

Well 2 Things. Its Indiana, nobody wants to come here anyway, and if thats coach is an idiot like Wilson or Lynch. You might as well fire him and move on, rather than just delaying the inevitable.

Indiana may have some of the most ignorant fans, If you already want Wilson fired you know very little about football

Quote Originally Posted by AugustinGrangerHill View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Indiana may have some of the most ignorant fans, If you already want Wilson fired you know very little about football
    Gotta love that analysis you did there. Sorry but he spent the whole offseason saying they would be better because of all the young players he played last year. And they look worse in fact. Clearly he is doing something wrong.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    Gotta love that analysis you did there. Sorry but he spent the whole offseason saying they would be better because of all the young players he played last year. And they look worse in fact. Clearly he is doing something wrong.
    They don't look worse. They have moderately improved. His recruiting is halfway decent. I'll give him three years no questions. If he fails to win an B1G games in that time frame, cutting the cord might be the only option. I think we are getting better, but we were pretty far behind the 8-ball when he got here. It takes time to rebuild.

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    They don't look worse. They have moderately improved. His recruiting is halfway decent. I'll give him three years no questions. If he fails to win an B1G games in that time frame, cutting the cord might be the only option. I think we are getting better, but we were pretty far behind the 8-ball when he got here. It takes time to rebuild.
    They do in fact look worse. They were playing easier competition so the stats are misleading.

They do in fact look worse. They were playing easier competition so the stats are misleading.
    Well we have a fundamental difference of opinion then. I've watched the games and think they look a little better, a little less scatter brained, a little more comfortable.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

I'm so frustrated with IU football. Tired of having a terrible favorite team. I think I'm gonna start to have to follow a good team on the side as a close second favorite. I just can't take watching a team that loses to teams like BALL STATE when they are a big school in the B1G. I liked Wilson and have supported him the whole way, until I started wavering today. I love his passion for IU Football, and the energy and hustle he gets out of the team, but I'm starting to think he just doesn't "get it" like he should. Multiple times they would get in a good 3rd and 3 type situation, then throw it downfield 20+ yards! Maybe that's on the young QB, but you gotta play smart and just make sure you get that first down instead of taking a shot. IU football has gone thru a LOT. They always get some talented playmakers here and there, always have good WRs/RBs. But they need to concentrate on other important positions for winning a game, instead of just the pretty playmaker positions. Being in the B1G they need to concentrate on getting big OL and DL as well as LBs, that's how you compete with the big strong boys like Wisc, OSU, MSU. Also need to make sure they get good players that will stay on the field the whole time, unlike the beast that was Demarlo Belcher. Just little things here and there that really hurt the overal picture of the program. This year injuries are hurting us, as well as Gunner backing out of his commitment. I really hope they turn it around soon and build a solid program. One that can battle for a bowl game every year, that's all I'm asking for.

It's not going to make a major difference, but I wonder given the absolute defensive sieve if we wouldn't be better off featuring the run game in hopes of reducing the opponents number of offensive possessions. Not sure how that works at the college level with so many clock stoppages, and with our D it's still a narrow margin. Yet it may be our best shot to even be in a B1G game at some point this year. And, no, I don't think we were in the NW game in the 2nd half, although we technically may have been briefly. But, again, I thought the run game was largely ignored until the 3rd quarter.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

YOU THINK THEY LOOK WORSE? Do you think last years IU football team would have even tried to come back from a 27-0 deficit? Do you think Last years football team could have even scores 29 points in a half???? If you watched the Ball State game then you know IU should have won that game, the refs screwed us and everyone who watched it knows. IU put themselves in a position to win the game yesterday which is something IU RARELY did last year. How could you call them worse when Northwestern is one of the better teams in the B1G?

YOU THINK THEY LOOK WORSE? Do you think last years IU football team would have even tried to come back from a 27-0 deficit? Do you think Last years football team could have even scores 29 points in a half???? If you watched the Ball State game then you know IU should have won that game, the refs screwed us and everyone who watched it knows. IU put themselves in a position to win the game yesterday which is something IU RARELY did last year. How could you call them worse when Northwestern is one of the better teams in the B1G?
    At what point was the team in a position to win the game? Once NW went up 10-0, IU never got within TD again. At best they put themselves in a position to tie the game. But with a D that bad, Northwestern just marched down the field and scored again.

And don't blame the refs for the BS loss. If the defense had just done a job worthy of a D+ then Ball State would never have gotten in FG range.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    If NOrthwestern, Kansas State, and Baylor can become competitive in football then so can IU.

Wilson was given a seven year deal for a reason people, Fred Glass knows it will take some time.

We are still one of the youngest teams in football and will likely start a true freshman QB for the rest of the season.
    Fun fact: after Saturdays loss IU leads the NCAA in one key area all time. Losses.

Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    Fun fact: after Saturdays loss IU leads the NCAA in one key area all time. Losses.
    What the hell does that have to do with the post you quoted.

Fun fact, IU beat your **** hole school this season. What does that make ISU then?

Larry Bird ain't putting on a uniform again. ISU will never matter in anything.
    Last edited by hoosierguy; 09-30-2012 at 03:39 PM.

Fun fact, IU beat your shithole school this season. What does that make ISU then?
    A FCS school. IU should be SOOOO proud

IU will beat Navy, they were shut out at home by San Jose St. this weekend.

That will give us three wins which is a marked improvement over last year.

Firing Wilson sets the program back to zero again. The same people that ***** and want the coach fired all the time dont go to games and do nothing to help the program. When the next coach struggles the same people will for his head again and the cycle will repeat.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to hoosierguy For This Useful Post:

A FCS school. IU should be SOOOO proud
    I never mentioned being proud of the win. It was a simple statement of fact.

An FCS school has significant disadvantages, theres never shame for them to lose to a FBS school. They literally have nothing to lose. Not to mention I am sure we paid quite a bit for that nail biter.

An FCS school has significant disadvantages, theres never shame for them to lose to a FBS school. They literally have nothing to lose. Not to mention I am sure we paid quite a bit for that nail biter.
    You did. It was reported as 1 mil...but hey to be honest you guys played well...we are likely a playoff team this year and beat the **** out of western Kentucky last year so I was expecting to win. It was just an interesting factoid to be honest but you know whats his face doesn't know how to control his temper. No self control at all

Fun fact, IU beat your **** hole school this season. What does that make ISU then?

This points out your lack of info. Larry bird isn't the only athlete who went to state. Actually our football tradition long term is much bigger than our basketball (Turk ilchin,Fred montegomery, Dennis raetz) greatly eclipses our basketball tradition. Do your homework. Geaux trees.

Don BSI
    Is my scene safe?
    My nature of illness is an inflamed pride muscle with pneumothorax
    My number of patients is one
    I will consider c spine stabilization but not take it at this time
    Sir my name is HM3 Greenwell from the USMC FMF what is your name?
    Ok hoosier guy what time is it? Where are you?
    (note very few people here are going to get this joke)

get out of here MAD-MAD-MARIO, you are obviously not a fan of IU and if you are then that is just sad, you have no confidence in this team or their coach. If you hate IU so much go like some good team like team that wins 10 games a year because apparently it is too hard for you to like IU. You are not a true fan, you just want wins......... smh

Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    You did. It was reported as 1 mil...but hey to be honest you guys played well...we are likely a playoff team this year and beat the **** out of western Kentucky last year so I was expecting to win. It was just an interesting factoid to be honest but you know whats his face doesn't know how to control his temper. No self control at all
    That "fun" fact that you stated had already been touched upon in this thread.

get out of here MAD-MAD-MARIO, you are obviously not a fan of IU and if you are then that is just sad, you have no confidence in this team or their coach. If you hate IU so much go like some good team like team that wins 10 games a year because apparently it is too hard for you to like IU. You are not a true fan, you just want wins......... smh
    Ok, did you just try and sound childish with this post. "OMG you don't like the direction the team is going, you must not be a true fan."

Just because I don't blindly support them, doesn't mean I am not a true fan. But this ain't my first rodeo. In the last 12 years, We have hired a mens basketball, a mens soccer coach, and 2 mens football coaches who hadn't been headed coaches before. Well 3 of those people have been fired since, and Wilson seems well on his way to joining them.

Just for the sake of argument here

Cam Cameron - Never been a head coach, Huge failure. No winning seasons

Gerry DiNardo - HAD been a head coach before, but had failed to every have a winning season. That didn't change.

Coach Hep - Had HC experience and was building the team for the future. He used young players in 2006(Like Wilson did last year), but he also won games. They went 5-7 with 3 big ten wins with the youngest team in the Big Ten

Bill Lynch - Had success at Ball State I will grant you that. But he didn't build that program. His only two teams that were above .500 were his first two years. Without Schudels players. And the coaching mistakes he made in his year as interim head coach, should have told them that he shouldn't be retained. No matte how many times he threw his gum it wasn't going to motivate anybody.

Kevin Wilson - Mister, "hey I just got the #1 QB in the country to commit to my school, better be an *** to his brother". Maybe he turns it around, but I doubt it. We barely beat a FCS school. We blew out one of the worst teams in the FBS in recent memory, big whoop. And then we needed dramatic comebacks to not get embarrassed against a Mac Team. And the only thing that kept them from getting blown out against NW was a high risk strategy coupled with NW taking their foot off the pedal.

Out of all those guys, the one that had actually built a program somewhere else that succeeded. Was the one that built a program here that succeeded. I wonder if thats a coincidence.

Out of all those guys, the one that had actually built a program somewhere else that succeeded. Was the one that built a program here that succeeded. I wonder if thats a coincidence.
    Those guys that build programs like that usually have better job opportunities than IU. Just the way it is. It was seen as a lateral move by many when Hep took the IU job. The difference there was that he grew up in Indiana and had a special affinity for the state and university. We kind of lucked out there, basically.

Take a hot name right now and we'll run through it: Willie Taggert. Western Kentucky is relatively new to D1A, and has been atrocious (as in, winless seasons) until Taggert got there. Now he has a winning season, a big win over an SEC school, and by all accounts has the program headed in the right direction. Do you really think he would come to Indiana? Wouldn't a guy like that have better offers?

I don't have a problem going the big time coordinator route, I really don't. It often works. I just don't think we picked the right coordinator. Wilson is a hothead and has zero charisma. He is abrasive and you just don't get the sense he has it all together.

Don't get me wrong, coordinators do work out all the time. IIRC thats how Hep got his first job.

We overpaid wilson to come here. I have to believe that we could overpay some HC at some smaller conference school to come here.