Thread: IND/DEN Granger for Gallo/Faried

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Default IND/DEN Granger for Gallo/Faried

Since it's silly season, here's a silly (well hopefully not hugely so) proposal for a Granger trade.

Granger to Denver for Gallinari and Faried

For Indy: replace Granger with a younger, cheaper guy locked into a long contract. Gallo isn't on Granger's level of production yet, and IMO his max upside is a Granger level player anyway. But his age and skills (better ball handler, playmaker) should fit better with the rest of the young Pacer core. Faried's rebounding and defense is a great addition to our big man mix, whether as backup PF or eventual starter replacing West. It's a step back this season, but should set up the Pacers' future very nicely.

For Denver: adding Granger to Iggy should give them one of the better wing combos in the league outside of LeBron/Wade and Durant/Harden. Together with the rest of their young veteran crew, and it's quite possible that Denver will be fighting for homecourt in the West.

Thoughts?

Default Re: IND/DEN Granger for Gallo/Faried

Would love to get Faried, but how does Gallinari fit? Great shooter, better than Danny I'd say, which I like. Defensive/rebounding downgrade? I'd probably do it, but not sure Denver finds DB worth both those guys.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Denver says no Faried is the perfect 4 for GK I can't see him trading him. If I am the Nuggets I say no easily Galio + Faried I like more than granger. Even just Gailo would make me think although Granger would be a good fit in Denver. Galio off the dribble I like so it would be a hard chOice.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Deal. In a heartbeat. Gallo's every bit as good as Danny is right now. And the only reason Faried wasn't a fringe All Star is because George Karl has no idea how to allocate minutes. Make the deal and laugh.

I'd love this. Wanted Faried in last year's draft.

I bet the Nuggs say no.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Deal. In a heartbeat. Gallo's every bit as good as Danny is right now. And the only reason Faried wasn't a fringe All Star is because George Karl has no idea how to allocate minutes. Make the deal and laugh.
    Wow, I've been a big fan of Faried since last year's draft too, but you guys seem to rate him more highly than I do. I see him as a very good backup with the potential to be a starter on some teams. Being paired with Hibbert seems like an ideal situation, since their skills are very complementary.

Oddly, I don't think Faried is that great a fit in Denver. Between McGee and Faried, the Nugz starting bigs seem pretty weak offensively. In fact, I keep seeing Denver fans on realgm looking for a PF upgrade, with the idea that Faried would become the 3rd big. Doesn't mean they'll give him up cheaply, of course.

And of course, I don't see Gallo being at Granger's level yet. I think he'll get there eventually, but there's sufficient risk IMO to warrant the Pacers asking for more in a Danny for Danilo swap.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    Wow, I've been a big fan of Faried since last year's draft too, but you guys seem to rate him more highly than I do. I see him as a very good backup with the potential to be a starter on some teams. Being paired with Hibbert seems like an ideal situation, since their skills are very complementary.

Oddly, I don't think Faried is that great a fit in Denver. Between McGee and Faried, the Nugz starting bigs seem pretty weak offensively. In fact, I keep seeing Denver fans on realgm looking for a PF upgrade, with the idea that Faried would become the 3rd big. Doesn't mean they'll give him up cheaply, of course.

And of course, I don't see Gallo being at Granger's level yet. I think he'll get there eventually, but there's sufficient risk IMO to warrant the Pacers asking for more in a Danny for Danilo swap.

I cant name a better fit for Faried than Denver the dude is a rim runner and that is what George Karl loves out of his bigs. McGee is the same way a rim runner and a guy best in uptempo play there is a reason they wanted McGee he fits like a glove in George Karl's offense and defense he does what GK preaches same with Faried. The Nuggets wont lack scoring they will outscore most teams they face now defending that may be an issue. Although I think if they could get a guy like Paul Milsap to take big Al's role as a scoring big im sure they would do that. I just like Gailo more than Granger and Faried isnt chopped liver himself he is a very good PF in George Karl's system he looks really good. With Wilson Chandler and Gailo and Iggy I dont think Denver would even call for Granger it just doesnt make much sense. If I am Denver I might trade Wilson for him but even that doesn't make much sense for the direction of the Nuggets

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

That was going to be what I said p4e.... I just don't see the Nuggets doing this. The franchise loves Gallo. He is younger than Danny and he has upside. I think the Nuggets would be reluctant to get rid of Gallo so much so that they probably wouldn't do a straight swap of DG for Gallo.

I think I would consider trading DG for Chandler and Fareid. The contracts work out better for the Nuggets anyway. Chandler is a heck of a player and would fill the SF spot. We would get younger and much better, but we would downgrade our veteran leadership aspect a ton. Total talent level we win, but DG really consolidates their talent into a better player/rotation. We could throw them Hansborough too if it mattered. We would be just as long and even more athletic.
    "Your course, your path, is not going to be like mine," West says. "Everybody is not called to be a multimillionaire. Everybody's not called to be the president. Whatever your best work is, you do it. Do it well. You cease your own greatness when you aspire to be someone else."

Quote Originally Posted by pacergod2 View Post
    That was going to be what I said p4e.... I just don't see the Nuggets doing this. The franchise loves Gallo. He is younger than Danny and he has upside. I think the Nuggets would be reluctant to get rid of Gallo so much so that they probably wouldn't do a straight swap of DG for Gallo.

I think I would consider trading DG for Chandler and Fareid. The contracts work out better for the Nuggets anyway. Chandler is a heck of a player and would fill the SF spot. We would get younger and much better, but we would downgrade our veteran leadership aspect a ton. Total talent level we win, but DG really consolidates their talent into a better player/rotation. We could throw them Hansborough too if it mattered. We would be just as long and even more athletic.
    Sign me up!
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

The only reason the Nuggets don't do this is because they have Iggy.

I'm not the biggest Granger fan, but I wouldn't do this trade. Gallo is quite overrated, imo. He can't defend and he's overhyped as a shooter. There's something wrong with your shooting if you can't hit 42% in George Karl's offense. His team is near the top of the league every season in FG%. I project he'd be in the AJ Price range in Indiana. Even with his bad season, Granger is the superior shooter in every way. And that's in an offense that doesn't get him a lot of easy shots.

I love Faried but I think he got exposed in the Laker series. He was eaten alive on the glass against Gasol and Bynum. He has a Jeff Foster-like nose for the ball, but that gets negated by his size.
    Last edited by imawhat; 09-06-2012 at 10:01 AM.

Gallo's too much of a ballhog for my taste, and he's a worse defender than Danny. That said, he can create a bit better, both for himself and teammates, which is a need. Overall, a pure win of a deal for Indiana.
    I doubt the Nuggets would do it. Not so much because of Iggy. Iggy can play at 2. In fact, he will play at 2. They aren't going to bench Gallo.
    But they lose on age and talent here. Faried is an animal.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

So we trade Granger, who is seemingly the subject of trade rumors every season and is clearly declining, for Gallo, who outplayed Danny last year, and Faried, who is better than any forward on our roster? Yes please.

Some of the trade proposals here make absolutely no sense.