Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: Purdue 2012-2013 Athletics thread

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Purdue 2012-2013 Athletics thread

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I understand there is a huge talent gap between these two teams and I am not here to gloat, but that effort was pathetic. If I was Painter I would be furious. I know Hammons dropped 30, but he got murdered on the boards.
    You have to also remember that he was in foul trouble and could not be as aggressive on the boards as Painter would have liked.
    Why so SERIOUS

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Foul on Smits View Post
    Hate to say it, but i agree. This team is mentally weak and very average in talent. Hammons might make something of himself though.
    I think it was the inexperience, I mean even when the game was close at the beginning we really did not have an identity. I don't think we quit, but majority of the game I think we played scared, it is like when we get a little behind we don't play our game, 3pointers that DJ would normally take in stride, he pulls down and passes instead.

Overall we played bad, but I think that once we get more experienced we will be a much better team.

My 4 keys to winning last night were for Hammonds not to get in foul trouble, us to not give them open threes, us to be aggressive and penetrate, and for DJ Bryd to make shots. None of those besides being aggressive at times. I am sure that Painter will use this as a learning experience.
    Why so SERIOUS

Quote Originally Posted by CreekShow View Post
    My pops told me rumor has it Painter knocked up a cheerleader. Has anyone heard anything about this?
    Painter knocked up a cheerleader: fiction.

Crean [pleasured] the three-man ref crew in the tunnel before the game: fact.

edit: Made it PG-13.
    Last edited by dal9; 01-31-2013 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dal9 View Post
    Painter knocked up a cheerleader: fiction.

Crean blew the three-man ref crew in the tunnel before the game: fact.

You lost by 37, champ. All the favorable reffing in the world wouldn't have altered that outcome. Even if he did that, who can blame him? He is in West Lafayette, after all. That's common courtesy for the guys at your school.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoJ View Post
    This might have been better placed in the IU thread. (or not posted at all?) The purpose of neither the IU thread nor the Purdue thread is to give someone a place to gloat or crap on the other team. You want to celebrate an IU win? Suggest you go to the IU thread. You want to be obnoxious to the fans of the other team? Suggest you go someplace other than PD.
    And they didn't come to our thread before the game? Hahah. Guarantee they would have came back had they won too.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Miller_time04 View Post
    And they didn't come to our thread before the game? Hahah. Guarantee they would have came back had they won too.
    I'm equally confident that we would have handled it the same way.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Mood

Well I apologize. I had to get one good shot in. Couldn't resist. My bad.

Sports Logo

What pisses me off FAR more than getting destroyed was all the red in those John Purdue Club seats. Burke splits the Paint Crew then he puts in those stupid *** recliners that either get sold or are just empty. A sprinkling of red here and there's gonna happen, but a giant block in the freaking lower bowl is disgusting. I know the people that have those seats paid a lot of money for them, even though I can't figure out why, and it's appreciated, but you're hurting the program. Getting our asses kicked was bad enough, think Eron Gordon and Hyron Edwards didn't see all those people?

Just more evidence of the crap culture that exists in the upper levels of the administration and alumni. It's not a ****ing ballet, get off your *** and cheer. The old guard really hurts the current program. The Paint Crew and students are usually great, but other than that it's just a boring environment. It's not like Purdue's Northwestern w/ nothing to be proud of hoops wise, maybe Cardinal being part of it, and hopefully the next AD, can help, I don't know. I just know the entire culture of athletics, the way it feels so insulated from the school and greater community and alumni, the way it's stuck in the 60s (and not the fun parts) needs a drastic change.
    Last edited by Heisenberg; 02-01-2013 at 01:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    What pisses me off FAR more than getting destroyed was all the red in those John Purdue Club seats. Burke splits the Paint Crew then he puts in those stupid *** recliners that either get sold or are just empty. A sprinkling of red here and there's gonna happen, but a giant block in the freaking lower bowl is disgusting. I know the people that have those seats paid a lot of money for them, even though I can't figure out why, and it's appreciated, but you're hurting the program. Getting our asses kicked was bad enough, think Eron Gordon and Hyron Edwards didn't see all those people?

Just more evidence of the crap culture that exists in the upper levels of the administration and alumni. It's not a ****ing ballet, get off your *** and cheer. The old guard really hurts the current program. The Paint Crew and students are usually great, but other than that it's just a boring environment. It's not like Purdue's Northwestern w/ nothing to be proud of hoops wise, maybe Cardinal being part of it, and hopefully the next AD, can help, I don't know. I just know the entire culture of athletics, the way it feels so insulated from the school and greater community and alumni, the way it's stuck in the 60s (and not the fun parts) needs a drastic change.
    TOTALLY AGREE and the thing is, it's not just basketball. It was painfully obvious during football season just how far this Athletic Program has fallen off and it's absolutely unacceptable.

And what really chaps my *** is that you dont get recruiting classes to build on like the 2 year Hummel/Moore/Johnson/Kramer crew. That's the type of talent you build a program for long term. You get your fans involved and keep them involved. The moment those guys left, everything fell off.

Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoJ View Post
    This might have been better placed in the IU thread. (or not posted at all?) The purpose of neither the IU thread nor the Purdue thread is to give someone a place to gloat or crap on the other team. You want to celebrate an IU win? Suggest you go to the IU thread. You want to be obnoxious to the fans of the other team? Suggest you go someplace other than PD.
    Gotta disagree. If you guys can't come here and gloat after that ***-pounding, why even come here at all? I wish I had bought stock in Vaseline before Wednesday night.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mackey_Rose For This Useful Post:

I dont mind IU gloating. If it doesnt get personal then go for it. I get it. That was a beat down and i came here to eat the crow. I didnt talk **** here, but best believe i thought about it and that was just pathetic. DIDDLY POO!

I understand the mods wanna keep the piece, but I dont mind it at all for the record. GG IU.

I might go to Bloomington for the next one.

I dont mind IU gloating. If it doesnt get personal then go for it. I get it. That was a beat down and i came here to eat the crow. I didnt talk **** here, but best believe i thought about it and that was just pathetic. DIDDLY POO!

I understand the mods wanna keep the piece, but I dont mind it at all for the record. GG IU.

I might go to Bloomington for the next one.
    Unless you got the inside track on tickets i wouldnt count on that. And if you do..... Help a brother out

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    Unless you got the inside track on tickets i wouldnt count on that. And if you do..... Help a brother out
    Everybody has an inside track. It's called your wallet.

When is Purdue's next big man recruit coming in? Isn't next year all guards/wing?

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post

Honestly, for all the glowing reviews you read about the atmosphere in Assembly Hall, we have much of the same problems with alumni/older fans. It's rare that another team will have a huge presence in the Hall, but when we were down I'm sure it happened once or twice, most likely against Kentucky.

On a slight tangent, what you laid out was probably a worst case scenario for hosting Edwards and Gordon. I could have guessed that IU would have a strong contingent in Mackey for that game, but the blowout is what really hurt, because then you got to hear them and see them more often.

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Honestly, for all the glowing reviews you read about the atmosphere in Assembly Hall, we have much of the same problems with alumni/older fans. It's rare that another team will have a huge presence in the Hall, but when we were down I'm sure it happened once or twice, most likely against Kentucky.

On a slight tangent, what you laid out was probably a worst case scenario for hosting Edwards and Gordon. I could have guessed that IU would have a strong contingent in Mackey for that game, but the blowout is what really hurt, because then you got to hear them and see them more often.
    We only played Kentucky once when we were down at the hall I think. And I don't remember there being a big presence. Biggest presence by another team was probably Purdue the year Barlow did his famous choke sign and even then that was a smattering. Of course I was pretty intoxicated for that game so I mgiht not be remembering

Sports Logo

It's not just the old people that sit the whole game or sell their tickets to IU fans, it's the culture of all of it, it's so far behind the times. Burke's done a lot of great things that I don't think he gets the credit he deserves for and has finally realized, because he literally had no other choice in both instances, that you can't have a good coach if you don't pay him. But really he can't take all the blame, Purdue's just so old school it turns a lot of recruits off. I don't think Painter's a good recruiter, but I bet had he gone to Mizzou he'd have been able to do a better job of it.

Mood

When is Purdue's next big man recruit coming in? Isn't next year all guards/wing?
    Last year, that will probably be the only one for a while even though the majority of guys they are recruiting for the year after are 6'5 and up. One guy they ould get would be Tyler Wideman, but it is still pretty early. Kind of surprising though, Purdue has generally gotten a lot of early commits, not the case for the 2014 class.
    Why so SERIOUS

Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    Last year, that will probably be the only one for a while even though the majority of guys they are recruiting for the year after are 6'5 and up. One guy they ould get would be Tyler Wideman, but it is still pretty early. Kind of surprising though, Purdue has generally gotten a lot of early commits, not the case for the 2014 class.
    Yeah, but you need some depth behind Hammons.

Yeah, but you need some depth behind Hammons.
    What do you consider depth? They didnt have much behind JJ either. Just a couple stiff white guys.

What do you consider depth? They didnt have much behind JJ either. Just a couple stiff white guys.
    And no offense, but how did that work out?

And no offense, but how did that work out?
    We need better players across the board. It doesn't matter what position they play.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Mackey_Rose For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Painter absolutely needs to get after some bigs. It's not out of the question at all Hammons is gone after next season. Simpson'll be playing next year so that's something, but even couting him there's not a starting Big Ten big on the roster outside of Hammons. Vince Edwards in 2014 seems like a pretty strong lean, he's a Hummel college face up 4 type, but it's not like he's committed, we know how that goes. The rest of the guys I know of at all are either true wings or guards. I don't really understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    We need better players across the board. It doesn't matter what position they play.
    I don't disagree, I'm just saying if Ronnie and Terone progress the backcourt seems like less of an issue, easier for guards to stay out of foul trouble, etc. Plus there is more help coming in in that area.