Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pacers Met Up In Los Angeles Last Week

Default Re: Pacers Met Up In Los Angeles Last Week

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You know, it strikes me when reading the comments about this activity that some people here, if presented with a story about how Roy Hibbert rescued a kitten, would wonder if he scared the poor thing to death while carrying it down the tree.

We are so set on reading negatives (or at least dismissing positives) that we've taken Mike Wells' story about workouts (and that is EXACTLY his word, "workouts") and turned it into a glorified housewarming party that Danny had which really doesn't show anything at all about the team nor does it any good at all.

OK, I understand not wanting to be homers, but for crying out loud can't we smile and say "hey, that's really good!" when something like this happens instead of trying to eke out any bit of bad interpretation we can get?
    I don't know what you're talking about, Bill. They were just being realists.

Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    we also learned that talent matters. Those teams sucked because they didn't have talent.

What?? The rosters from 02-03 to 04-05 sucked because they didn't have talent?

Wait, the Clippers lent us their practice court? Was this the same court Blake fractured his knee on? I see what's going on.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    Of course not. This is Pacers Digest where EVERYTHING is over-scrutinized, over-analyzed, over-glorified and/or under-appreciated. The actual course of action depends on many factors, including moon phases.

Where can I donate money to the Save The Kitten that Roy Scared Fund ??
    paypal to bill@bsutton.com and I'll make sure it gets to the poor thing
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

J7F

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    we also learned that talent matters. Those teams sucked because they didn't have talent.

Chemistry does matter. The Dallas win over Miami is a good example. But talent matters as Miami showed last year. Personally I't rather my team had talent, if i had to choose.
    I have to disagree. The 2004-2005 squad was, IMO, on their way to ECF or Finals even. I'll argue with anyone on that. I'm won't guarantee championship, but they would've given any team that year a run for their money.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to pogi For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    You know, it strikes me when reading the comments about this activity that some people here, if presented with a story about how Roy Hibbert rescued a kitten, would wonder if he scared the poor thing to death while carrying it down the tree.

We are so set on reading negatives (or at least dismissing positives) that we've taken Mike Wells' story about workouts (and that is EXACTLY his word, "workouts") and turned it into a glorified housewarming party that Danny had which really doesn't show anything at all about the team nor does it any good at all.

OK, I understand not wanting to be homers, but for crying out loud can't we smile and say "hey, that's really good!" when something like this happens instead of trying to eke out any bit of bad interpretation we can get?
    I don't see the negativity to be honest. All I see are those sarcastic posts about the negativity. Who is saying the housewarming party doesn't lead to any good at all?

Are you expecting us to all say "hey, that's really good" without a single negative remark?
    I'd say that is very naive but then again, I'm not familiar with any forums where everyone is/was utterly positive.

While I think the Pacers need more talent to being able to contend, I'm very, very pleased our team is making the news with stuff like this.
    As a team, we are one of the strongest and I'm very proud of that

Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    From the original Mike Wells article.

Not sure if that means they could only do 3 on 3 or if they could do 5 on 1 walk throughs.
    Well that is a ******** rule. So what if the players want to get together and workout, as long as it isn't mandatory let them. There is nothing wrong with it.

Sports Logo

If you want to build Team Chemistry in LA......nothing beats going to Disneyland and riding on Space Mountain:

Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post

What?? The rosters from 02-03 to 04-05 sucked because they didn't have talent?
    no, my bad. major brain fart. I was thinking the murphy/dunleavy era.

Quote Originally Posted by pogi View Post
    I have to disagree. The 2004-2005 squad was, IMO, on their way to ECF or Finals even. I'll argue with anyone on that. I'm won't guarantee championship, but they would've given any team that year a run for their money.

me too, i mixed up the dates.