Thread: Dolphins' players not happy about the Davis trade

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Dolphins' players not happy about the Davis trade

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...headline_stack

Vontae was popular with his teammates, and I would expect for him to gel with our locker room. Davis will fit in well here. Its so refreshing to finally have a GM willing to acquire players with some personality
    David "And One" West

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacergeek For This Useful Post:

Mood

Default Re: Dolphins' players not happy about the Davis trade

I hope he's popular. Sure does seem like a fun dude (http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolph...-practice.html).

I Kid. I Kid. I'm sure he'll be fine here. I don't think Pagano would put up with his tomfoolery if he acted up.

Mood

I think that it shows that this kid was a good locker room guy that made some mistakes that young people tend to do. With our vets there to mentor the young man I think he will fit in nicely. I can't wait to see him out on the field. Hopefully he will be ready by week one to step in and take the corner spot opposite of Powers. I think this trade is gonna be a steal for the Colts. We get 1st round talent for a second round pick.

Know what's funny...sorta funny.

Since Madden/EA haven't updated their rosters for the Vontae trade. I tried trading a 2nd and 6th and the Dolphins won't take it! Just says they aren't interested in trading him. WTF! hahaha
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dolphins' players not happy about the Davis trade
    Well, of course they're upset.

Now, who is going to bring booze to practice ??

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    Know what's funny...sorta funny.

Since Madden/EA haven't updated their rosters for the Vontae trade. I tried trading a 2nd and 6th and the Dolphins won't take it! Just says they aren't interested in trading him. WTF! hahaha
    If you watched Hardknocks last night the Dolphins didnt want to trade him either. Jeff Ireland clearly would of kept him if he thought the Fins would be a playoff caliber team this year. One time during the negotiations he almost huge up on the Colts brass for low balling him and said I am the one giving up a great player who is more than starting caliber I need to be blown away for us to make a deal and you were the ones who called me then he said make a realistic offer or you are wasting my time. Which IMO doesnt make sense you keep him regardless he is only 24.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If I was the Colts I would have told him fine, if he's starting caliber, then start him. Call us back after he's sat on your bench for 6 games.

The Colts/Dolphins game might just be the most compelling matchup of the season. Vontae is going to want to stick it to his prior, over-bearing, controlling coach
    David "And One" West

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The Colts/Dolphins game might just be the most compelling matchup of the season. Vontae is going to want to stick it to his prior, over-bearing, controlling coach
    No.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    If I was the Colts I would have told him fine, if he's starting caliber, then start him. Call us back after he's sat on your bench for 6 games.
    even if Vonte was just playing nickle for them he would be playing a ton of downs probably 2/3s worth. I see 0 way they would bench him totally and I doubt he even lost his spot he was the best corner on the Dolphins IMO lots of guys come in out of shape and use camp to get in shape. Nickle corners in todays NFL are pretty valuable because every body is playing 5 wrs or big pass catching TEs having 3 good corners isnt a bad problem to have. I still dont get the trade for the Fins but Ireland isnt a very good GM so maybe that is the reason

EDIT: Also you have to remember the Colts called the Fins. Maybe I get your logic if the Fins were openly shopping Davis to all teams but that isnt the case at all they weren't looking to trade him.

Like Brush says the return was fair a 2nd and 6th is pretty fair value. Likelihood is that those 2 players wont be near Vonte's level but in terms of the going rate that was about what you should have to pay. I just dont agree with it for the Dolphins I would of kept him.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 08-29-2012 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    even if Vonte was just playing nickle for them he would be playing a ton of downs probably 2/3s worth. I see 0 way they would bench him totally and I doubt he even lost his spot he was the best corner on the Dolphins IMO lots of guys come in out of shape and use camp to get in shape. Nickle corners in todays NFL are pretty valuable because every body is playing 5 wrs or big pass catching TEs having 3 good corners isnt a bad problem to have. I still dont get the trade for the Fins but Ireland isnt a very good GM so maybe that is the reason
    I don't get the trade either from the Dolphins perspective. CB's are in high demand, and it looks like they quit on a great prospect for no particular reason at all.
    David "And One" West

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't get the trade either from the Dolphins perspective. CB's are in high demand, and it looks like they quit on a great prospect for no particular reason at all.
    A 2nd and a 6th isn't nothing. Far from it. I'd personally rather have Vontae but they did get a good return for him.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:

Three reasons that we know about.

1) a conduct detrimental to the team suspension
    2) another conduct detrimental to the team suspension prompted by the lateness /hungover practice, in which (rumor has it) teammates were clued into his drunken state by the fact that he was peeing his pants
    3) out of shape / disinterested / inconsistent / tardyness this camp.

Those are the three reasons that we know about. It's not hard to guess that there are 10+ more. A "conduct detrimental" suspension usually comes after many, many other mis-steps.

Sure teammates are unhappy. They are finding out that the team has rules and suddenly will enforce them, and when the punishments are ignored, they will get rid of you. Inmates hate it when they are no longer in charge.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)