Thread: Vontae Davis to Colts for 2nd Round Pick

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Vontae Davis to Colts for 2nd Round Pick

Quote Originally Posted by Swingman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Guess it's a good thing there's no chance it will be the 1st pick in the 2nd round..
    Hey!! It not only is a very good chance that the Colts would have the 1st pick in the second round, it is probable no matter what you Colts fanatics think. The great draft guru, Mel Kipper Jr. thinks the Colts could set a new NFL record by selecting first three years in a row. But, if it isn't first pick, it will almost certainly be the second or third pick. Have you been watching that offensive line and defense play? Evidently not......

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    Hey!! It not only is a very good chance that the Colts would have the 1st pick in the second round, it is probable no matter what you Colts fanatics think. The great draft guru, Mel Kipper Jr. thinks the Colts could set a new NFL record by selecting first three years in a row. But, if it isn't first pick, it will almost certainly be the second or third pick. Have you been watching that offensive line and defense play? Evidently not......
    So your opinion was to ignore preseason play until there was a game where the Colts didn't fare as well. Wonder why that is...

VERY LOW CHANCE that the colts have the 1st, 2nd or 3rd pick in the 2nd round but I can understand how a simpleton and his agenda couldn't figure that out

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Swingman View Post
    So your opinion was to ignore preseason play until there was a game where the Colts didn't fare as well. Wonder why that is...

VERY LOW CHANCE that the colts have the 1st, 2nd or 3rd pick in the 2nd round but I can understand how a simpleton and his agenda couldn't figure that out

Mods, why do you let this man call me a simpleton while I got a post pitched for saying a guy lacked basketball knowledge? It would appear that your double standard is alive and well. This is just an average day...

Now, as for you, I have commented on every game and I remarked on how well Luck has played. I also said that preseason games are meaningless either good or bad. But I can see that we have no offensive line and we don't have the players that fit a 3-4. Both of those are recipes for disaster. I don't see Luck or anyone else lasting 16 games behind that line.......

The great draft guru, Mel Kipper Jr.............
    Who the hell is Mel Kiper ??

Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    Who the hell is Mel Kiper ??
    No, no, no. Ol Blu said he was talking about Mel KIPPER. Get your facts straight, Homer.

Personally, I don't see the Colts winning any less than 6 games and I could see them winning around 9 games. But Ol' Blue probably disagrees. We will probably go 2-14 like last year if you ask him, even though this team is much better than last years.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to AugustinGrangerHill For This Useful Post:

Mods, why do you let this man call me a simpleton while I got a post pitched for saying a guy lacked basketball knowledge? It would appear that your double standard is alive and well. This is just an average day...

Now, as for you, I have commented on every game and I remarked on how well Luck has played. I also said that preseason games are meaningless either good or bad. But I can see that we have no offensive line and we don't have the players that fit a 3-4. Both of those are recipes for disaster. I don't see Luck or anyone else lasting 16 games behind that line.......
    Double standard? Who is the one rehashing their unsupportable negative opinion in every single thread and getting on the nerves of the majority of posters on this forum?

Anyway, so preseason games are meaningless...yet you think negatives you see during these games are recipes for disaster. So which is it? are they meaningless or not? or is it just when it suits your opinion?

Sure there are question marks with this team and areas that need improvement but that hardly means we're the worst team in the NFL.
    Last edited by Swingman; 08-26-2012 at 07:54 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Swingman For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by AugustinGrangerHill View Post
    Personally, I don't see the Colts winning any less than 6 games and I could see them winning around 9 games. But Ol' Blue probably disagrees. We will probably go 2-14 like last year if you ask him, even though this team is much better than last years.
    I think he is on record as saying we'll go winless this season. Apparently he feels the Painter group last year was better. lmao.

Ol' Blue- "Pre-season games mean absolutely nothing good or bad, but since the Colts offensive line looks bad during the pre-season we will be awful in the regular season"

Mood

Just imagine what we would have given up if irsay hadn't lied on twitter...
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

Quote Originally Posted by Banta View Post
    No, no, no. Ol Blu said he was talking about Mel KIPPER. Get your facts straight, Homer.
    Oh - well, I don't like fish.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm torn. I think Vontae could be really good, like leave him on an island and don't throw at it good. But then I also remember when he said he was part of the best CB tandem in the league.....right before Tom Brady torched it for 517 yards and four scores. He's definitely an upgrade talent wise but we'll have to see how he fits in.

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Natston View Post
    Just imagine what we would have given up if irsay hadn't lied on twitter...
    I really do think Irsay's ramblings put added pressure on Grigson.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Mood

I don't think it put any pressure on him. It might have changed what he had to give up to get it done.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    I don't think it put any pressure on him. It might have changed what he had to give up to get it done.
    That's what I'm saying. Imagine the backlash if Grigson doesn't make a deal after Irsay hyped it up so much. He HAD to make a trade, it gave leverage to any team he negotiated with. It was just stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    That's what I'm saying. Imagine the backlash if Grigson doesn't make a deal after Irsay hyped it up so much. He HAD to make a trade, it gave leverage to any team he negotiated with. It was just stupid.
    I really don't think that played nearly the role that you are making it sound like. Irsay hypes it, it never happens, oh well. Trades fall through all the time.

Sports Logo

I'm not saying it means we had to send a 2nd instead of a 4th or something. But there's no question it puts pressure on a rookie GM from the fanbase to make it happen. Not do or die pressure, but pressure. And there was absolutely no reason it had to happen, it was just Irsay loving to talk again.

Mood

Ahh...we're talking about two different kinds of pressure. To me the decision had already been made to upgrade at corner, so there's no pressure to "just make a deal". I see what you're talking about, saying he accepted a deal he might not normally take because the twitter comments weakened his position.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I get what you're saying but in all actuality the trade was probably done before Irsay even said anything. I'm calling out all the people who "knew" that the deal was botched or would have to sweetened to complete because of the tweets.
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

Mood

Nice pick-up to me, young with a load of talent and still on the rookie contract. If he and Powers can work together that would be a nice upgrade at the CB spot. Now if we can get Angerer back and get better stuffing the run I think we are going in the right direction.

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Not sure why people get so worked up over Irsay, he's just havin' fun. He's never said anything that really hurt anything. I think it's just not what people expect, so they don't know what to think except "wth". It's just text... at least he makes an effort to interact with his team's fans. Never understood the mentality that the person who owns the damn team isn't allowed to act like a fan. He's not on Jerry Jones plateau of stupidity, and he's not like Cuban always battling with the league. It's all just positive, harmless stuff. He posts about rock'n'roll, guitars and football and giving away free stuff --- what a horrible guy, lol.

I think it was a good business decision to pick up VDavis --- he's 1st round talent who was in a bad situation (c'mon its Miami), and he acted a bit young, he's still extremely cheap contract-wise, and the chance of landing a similar talent in the 2nd round is a crap-shoot at best. He's a mostly known quantity. I think we'll see him mature and become a consistent near-elite level CB.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 08-26-2012 at 11:02 PM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

As for Davis, few weeks ago, long-time NFL General Manager Bill Polian was at Dolphins camp and singled out Davis' talent. "Watching him in practice, he jumps at you with his feet and hip movment — he should be a guy who's special,'' Polian said on Sirius radio.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/m...6678122.column

Davis was originally signed to a 5 year contract for just over $10 million. Looks like the Dolphins already paid most of it. What's left is:

2012: $957,500
    2013: $1,136,250

Numbers found on rotoworld

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar

Great deal, now we need to trade Freeney for a talented SS and NT.
    Last edited by Pacer Fan; 08-27-2012 at 11:20 AM.

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

Irsay is the coolest owner by far in the NFL. He isn't your typical stiff, scary owner. I woulnd't trade Irsay for any other owner
    David "And One" West

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacergeek For This Useful Post: