Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Pacers looking to trade Danny?

Banned

Default Re: Pacers looking to trade Danny?

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    18ppg players are a dime a dozen in your NBA? OK.

Why? If he is such a fraud as a player who is going to sign him for anything, rebuilding or not? You think he'd take MLE to ride the bench somewhere?
    Every team in the NBA has somebody that scores close to 18ppg, somebody has to score the points even the Bobcats need somebody to score, at this point in his career Danny is one of the worse players that score over 18ppg in the NBA , his efficienty is horrible.

And I've never say he is a "fraud" he is a good player but if you don't trade him for value at this moment and keep him, I don't think he would want to be a backup in a rebuilding team like the Pacers in 3 or 4 years.

If he is not a backup he is an starter and if he is an starter that means the Pacers are not that good.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    You must not look at most teams rosters. By my count he would be the best or at least arguably the best player on 19 teams. In a league that consists of 30 teams, your statement just doesn't hold up.
    19 teams? I would like to see that list.
    Last edited by vnzla81; 08-25-2012 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    19 teams? I would like to that list.
    You also think Josh Smith is the greatest thing since sliced bread, so I'm not worried about what you think.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Every team in the NBA has somebody that scores close to 18ppg, somebody has to score the points even the Bobcats need somebody to score, at this point in his career Danny is one of the worse players that score over 18ppg in the NBA , his efficienty is horrible.

And I've never say he is a "fraud" he is a good player but if you don't trade him for value at this moment and keep him, I don't think he would want to be a backup in a rebuilding team like the Pacers in 3 or 4 years.

If he is not a backup he is an starter and if he is an starter that means the Pacers are not that good.
    One of the worst players that score over 18ppg?! You're just reaching now man.

There's a big difference between a player being the main scorer on the Bobcats or the Raptors, and being a scorer on a bonafide playoff team. Hell most of the players you think are better than Danny can barely average 18 ppg in a season, so if Danny is one of the worst players that score that much, those guys don't even qualify

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

You also think Josh Smith is the greatest thing since sliced bread, so I'm not worried about what you think.
    Interpretation: Folks, I just got punked.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

6. The Following User Says Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    Interpretation: Folks, I just got punked.

No, it means he isn't worth my time to say anything more than to point out how ridiculous he is.

Anyone can take a look at all the teams rosters, and I can guarantee the majority of people would say he would be the best player on at least half the teams in the league. With only a few exceptions like vnzla and olBlu who ignore facts to suit their idiotic opinions.

Banned

Well I just wanted to see that list but if that is your attitude .....

OK so I'm going to do the list for you then to see if I find the 19 teams you are talking about:

Out of the 30 NBA teams, Miami,Boston,Atlanta,Philly,Denver,NY,Chicago,Detr oit,Washington,Cleveland,NO,Lakers,Clippers, Bucks, ,Brooklyn,Memphis,SA,OKC,Minny and Portland are teams that have at least one player better than Danny, leaving 10 teams including the Pacers.

And out of those 10 teams I'm including teams like Toronto and Sacramento even though they have at least one player that I consider better(Andre B and Tyreke).

So yep I don't see the 19 teams your are talking about
    Last edited by vnzla81; 08-25-2012 at 03:29 PM.

Banned

No, it means he isn't worth my time to say anything more than to point out how ridiculous he is.

Anyone can take a look at all the teams rosters, and I can guarantee the majority of people would say he would be the best player on at least half the teams in the league. With only a few exceptions like vnzla and olBlu who ignore facts to suit their idiotic opinions.
    I wish I was the one ignoring the facts, must be hard to see anything through those blue and gold glasses it must be like 3D or something....

Just looking at the East, here are some of the best players by team:

1)
    Miami - LeBron James, DWade, Bosh
    Chicago - Derrick Rose, Noah, Deng
    New Jersey - Deron Williams, Joe Johnson
    Cleveland - Kyrie Irving
    Boston - Rondo, Pierce, Garnett
    New York - Mello, Stoudemire
    Philadelphia - Bynum
    Milwaukee - Monta Ellis, Brandon Jennings

2)
    Detroit - Greg Monroe
    Atlanta - Josh Smith, Al Horford

3)
    Charlotte - Gerald Henderson
    Washington - John Wall
    Toronto - Bargnani
    Orlando - Winnie the Pooh

I think Danny fits in group #3 in terms of market value. Obviously, group #1 basically blows away Granger. An argument could be made that he's as good as Ellis, but I don't think that's true. Ellis is far more explosive offensively.

In group #2, if Atlanta is willing to trade Horford...or Detroit is willing to trade Monroe for Granger...somebody please get on the phone right now!!!

I suspect the only player we could acquire in these lists is Henderson. Wall is a highly valued young PG. Bargnani is a unique player who brings a different dimension to the court. IDK. I think Danny is near the bottom of the #1's in the Eastern Conference.

...btw, our depth and quality at each position is why we win games, not because we have one great individual player.

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

You must not look at most teams rosters. By my count he would be the best or at least arguably the best player on 19 teams. In a league that consists of 30 teams, your statement just doesn't hold up.
    It is perfectly fine to be enthusiastic but when you tell he would be the best player on 19 teams in the NBA, you have passed incredulity and gone to the completely absurd. There are many teams in the NBA where he would not even be a starter much less the best player...... ...

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post

1)
    Cleveland - Kyrie Irving
    Philadelphia - Bynum

2)
    Detroit - Greg Monroe

3)
    Washington - John Wall
    Toronto - Bargnani

I think Danny fits in group #3 in terms of market value. Obviously, group #1 basically blows away Granger. An argument could be made that he's as good as Ellis, but I don't think that's true. Ellis is far more explosive offensively.

In group #2, if Atlanta is willing to trade Horford...or Detroit is willing to trade Monroe for Granger...somebody please get on the phone right now!!!

I suspect the only player we could acquire in these lists is Henderson. Wall is a highly valued young PG. Bargnani is a unique player who brings a different dimension to the court. IDK. I think Danny is near the bottom of the #1's in the Eastern Conference.

...btw, our depth and quality at each position is why we win games, not because we have one great individual player.
    Good post. You clearly won by KO...... ...

Banned
    Mood

...btw, our depth and quality at each position is why we win games, not because we have one great individual player.[/QUOTE]

And that statement sums up why we won't win many if any playoff games. When the big guys turn the superstars loose for heavy minutes, the Pacers are out to lunch. They can build a nice season record with their depth but that won't mean anything when playoff time comes.... ...

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post

And that statement sums up why we won't win many if any playoff games. When the big guys turn the superstars loose for heavy minutes, the Pacers are out to lunch. They can build a nice season record with their depth but that won't mean anything when playoff time comes.... ...[/QUOTE]

I think the Pistons from about 10 years ago and the Pacers from the 1990's have a pretty good shot at beating superstars, but it takes a mature, tight-as-a-drum team. But it can be done. So, if this Pacer team matures and if they get enough star power out of Paul George along the lines it got from Reggie Miller...it has a chance. That's all though. I agree superstars win 90% of all championships if not more.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Banned

1)
    Cleveland - Kyrie Irving
    Philadelphia - Bynum

2)
    Detroit - Greg Monroe

3)
    Washington - John Wall
    Toronto - Bargnani

Nice post but Horford, Smith and Monroe have to be in number #1 for sure.

Nice post but Horford, Smith and Monroe have to be in number #1 for sure.
    I think it all comes down to whether you can acquire one of these players by parting with Granger. I think we would be hard pressed 80% of the time. The Pacers are a team and that's one thing I like about them. We don't have a "big two" or "big three". I agree with olBlu that the Pacers are not built to win championships. But that doesn't mean we don't have a shot. It's just not that easy when your best players were picked at #17. What we need is Paul George to blow up...else we are just pretending.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Mood

And that statement sums up why we won't win many if any playoff games. When the big guys turn the superstars loose for heavy minutes, the Pacers are out to lunch. They can build a nice season record with their depth but that won't mean anything when playoff time comes.... ...
    I think the Pistons from about 10 years ago and the Pacers from the 1990's have a pretty good shot at beating superstars, but it takes a mature, tight-as-a-drum team. But it can be done. So, if this Pacer team matures and if they get enough star power out of Paul George along the lines it got from Reggie Miller...it has a chance. That's all though. I agree superstars win 90% of all championships if not more.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you that PG is the only Pacer on the roster who has a chance to be that kind of player. That is why I would not trade him even up for Gordon even if NO would consider it (which they would not)...... ...

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

1)
    Cleveland - Kyrie Irving
    Philadelphia - Bynum

2)
    Detroit - Greg Monroe

3)
    Washington - John Wall
    Toronto - Bargnani

Great post, I agree with most of it. I think Brandon Jennings being in the first tier is pretty ridiculous though. I think Ellis is in the second tier as well.

I would trade Granger for everyone on that list except Ellis, Jennings, Bargnani, Pooh, Henderson, Stoudemire(contract), Johnson(contract). So in my opinion that makes Granger roughly the 20th best player in the Eastern Conference.

1)
    Cleveland - Kyrie Irving
    Philadelphia - Bynum

2)
    Detroit - Greg Monroe

3)
    Washington - John Wall
    Toronto - Bargnani

The fact some think that Danny is the same level of player as Gerald Henderson is downright sad.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Mood

Actually I do, and I too would like to see your 19 team list. Dont' worry, I won't ridicule you for your opinions or question your basketball knowledge.
    "No one else can see the preservation of the martyr in me" -- Corey Taylor

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HC For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by HC View Post
    Actually I do, and I too would like to see your 19 team list. Dont' worry, I won't ridicule you for your opinions or question your basketball knowledge.

Insults are not wanted nor are they welcome here on the Pacers Digest

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    Great post, I agree with most of it. I think Brandon Jennings being in the first tier is pretty ridiculous though. I think Ellis is in the second tier as well.

I would trade Granger for everyone on that list except Ellis, Jennings, Bargnani, Pooh, Henderson, Stoudemire(contract), Johnson(contract). So in my opinion that makes Granger roughly the 20th best player in the Eastern Conference.
    I would trade him even up for any of the players you mention. The fact that two of them have big contracts doesn't mean they are not better players. They certainly are. I would trade Granger for Ellis or Jennings in a heart beat. So, perhaps he is better than the mighty Pooh but it isn't clear....... ... So, in reality, just about every team has someone better than Granger on their roster and many of them have several player better than Granger...... ...

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Gerald Henderson: NBA Superstar

1)
    Cleveland - Kyrie Irving
    Philadelphia - Bynum

2)
    Detroit - Greg Monroe

3)
    Washington - John Wall
    Toronto - Bargnani

Haha, that's a pretty funny list.

I can't get over how bad that is. I mean if you were to compare Danny's peers in both JJ and Deng, it'd be hard looking at the numbers to come up with any other conclusion that Danny is better than both. He's an equal defender (actually JJ is a pretty damn good defender at times, so hard to answer that one completely) and he's a better more efficient scorer than both. No really.

But see that'd actually be a decent debate. The funny part is the idea that Monta Ellis, who sucks, and Brandon Jennings who sucks even more are better than Danny. I wouldn't even take Brandon Jennings over George Hill, who's not even a natural point guard. What a ridiculous list.

Stoudemire? He can't play any defense and at this point in his career his knees look like they've given out on him. But he's somehow better than Granger???

Anyhow just know this BnG, and I promise this with all my heart- (take this as constructive criticism) NO ONE who actually understands basketball would ever take that list you made seriously. No one.

Look at the guys who have all thanked your post and have agreed with you. That's your contingent. Those are the basketball minds who agree with you. Now I'm sure you'll come up with some response on how I just "don't understand." Yeah sure, whatever I don't care. I'm just telling you for your benefit. Your peers currently are VNZ and Olblu. lol
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

Read it and weep:

When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mattie For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by mattie View Post

I can't get over how bad that is. I mean if you were to compare Danny's peers in both JJ and Deng, it'd be hard looking at the numbers to come up with any other conclusion that Danny is better than both. He's an equal defender (actually JJ is a pretty damn good defender at times, so hard to answer that one completely) and he's a better more efficient scorer than both. No really.

But see that'd actually be a decent debate. The funny part is the idea that Monta Ellis, who sucks, and Brandon Jennings who sucks even more are better than Danny. I wouldn't even take Brandon Jennings over George Hill, who's not even a natural point guard. What a ridiculous list.

Stoudemire? He can't play any defense and at this point in his career his knees look like they've given out on him. But he's somehow better than Granger???

Anyhow just know this BnG, and I promise this with all my heart- (take this as constructive criticism) NO ONE who actually understands basketball would ever take that list you made seriously. No one.

Look at the guys who have all thanked your post and have agreed with you. That's your contingent. Those are the basketball minds who agree with you. Now I'm sure you'll come up with some response on how I just "don't understand." Yeah sure, whatever I don't care. I'm just telling you for your benefit. Your peers currently are VNZ and Olblu. lol
    I really liked the first few points you made. The rest of it was just basically telling him he isn't entitled to his opinion.
    "No one else can see the preservation of the martyr in me" -- Corey Taylor

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mattie View Post

You misunderstand the grouping and you don't need to be so condescending. I'm not saying Danny isn't better than Deng. I'm saying Derrick Rose is and I simply added a few additional players to those teams to show just how much talent is out there. Try reading the context of the post before railing on someone. The point is, Danny is at the low end in the Eastern Conference for #1's. He's not even the #1 on the Pacers...so there's yet another team.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post: