Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 362

Thread: Pacers looking to trade Danny?

  1. #76
    Parachromis HC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Hartford City
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,802
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers looking to trade Danny?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goyle View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I get that his value isn't high and we can't get much for him. But getting Humphries makes us a MUCH worse team now and not any better in the future. So what's the point?
    Because he is a double double machine, and can defend. Not sure how he makes us much worse.
    "Can you take away every single day that we have given to another false prophet" -- Corey Taylor

  2. #77
    Parachromis HC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Hartford City
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,802
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers looking to trade Danny?

    Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm with you. the off season is the silly season.
    If Danny is available....Good luck finding a team to give you much more than that in return. Danny is the 2nd or 3rd best player on most teams in the NBA.
    "Can you take away every single day that we have given to another false prophet" -- Corey Taylor

  3. #78
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers looking to trade Danny?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hmm, this thread is about Danny being traded and obviously all options are on the table for the FO. So, maybe you should just refrain from replying to statements about trade talks that involve EJ. As others may want to discuss this unlike you, you just want to hate, bash and troll with no real substance. Some would tell a person to p i s s o f f when one like yourself interferes with a discussion that is merely trolling, but here on PD, we are to be more civil.
    I think I have several people of PD who agree with me. Some of them have commented, why don't you take it up with them. Why don't you just refrain from starting a Gordon thread or turning so many threads into that and I wouldn't have to comment on how truly foolish you are..... ...

  4. #79
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,189

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers looking to trade Danny?

    Quote Originally Posted by HC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Danny is available....Good luck finding a team to give you much more than that in return. Danny is the 2nd or 3rd best player on most teams in the NBA.
    2nd best on a lot of teams, 3rd best on a few.

    And as far as trading for Hump, yeah we get a double double guy, but he'd back up West AND we lose a 20pt/gm scorer. Whether you like Danny or not he's easily our most consistent perimeter threat.

  5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:


  6. #80
    Parachromis HC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Hartford City
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,802
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers looking to trade Danny?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    2nd best on a lot of teams, 3rd best on a few.

    And as far as trading for Hump, yeah we get a double double guy, but he'd back up West AND we lose a 20pt/gm scorer. Whether you like Danny or not he's easily our most consistent perimeter threat.
    Yeah we lose DG...hypothetically...like I said IF he is available like the blog states, I would rather have Hump than Tyler, Plum, or Green and West isnt going to be around forever. Also I would say DG is probably 2nd best on maybe half the teams, 3rd best on quite a few, and even 4th on a couple.
    "Can you take away every single day that we have given to another false prophet" -- Corey Taylor

  7. #81
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,189

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers looking to trade Danny?

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think there will be any trade for Granger because his value has gone down steadily in the last few years.... I don't see anyone offering him a big contract with this one expires either. It might just br better to have Danny as a Pacer for life.... ...
    If Danny finishes his contract and signs for a cheaper one, around 8mil a yr, I'd like the idea of him being a pacer for life. Eventually we could utilize him off the bench as a 6th man type. Hopefully we have a suitable replacement on the wing as a starter by then.

    I'd just hate to trade him for scraps if we don't have to.

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:


  9. #82
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Dillon, Co
    Posts
    3,917

    Default Re: Pacers looking to trade Danny?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Danny finishes his contract and signs for a cheaper one, around 8mil a yr, I'd like the idea of him being a pacer for life. Eventually we could utilize him off the bench as a 6th man type. Hopefully we have a suitable replacement on the wing as a starter by then.

    I'd just hate to trade him for scraps if we don't have to.
    I'd say that's the kind of money both Granger and West might have to take. Both players still have a lot of good years left in them so it's not like it's panic time to move either player. So far PG hasn't proven to be worth that much money and even if he does we might still have the cap space to keep PG, Granger, and West when you consider the contracts of West and Granger going down.

  10. #83
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers looking to trade Danny?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    2nd best on a lot of teams, 3rd best on a few.

    And as far as trading for Hump, yeah we get a double double guy, but he'd back up West AND we lose a 20pt/gm scorer. Whether you like Danny or not he's easily our most consistent perimeter threat.
    He was 3rd or 4th best a lot of times last year, and anybody can replace the 18ppg provided by him, somebody has to score on an NBA team just because he averages 18ppg doesn't mean that he is as great as many of you think.

  11. #84
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers looking to trade Danny?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Danny finishes his contract and signs for a cheaper one, around 8mil a yr, I'd like the idea of him being a pacer for life. Eventually we could utilize him off the bench as a 6th man type. Hopefully we have a suitable replacement on the wing as a starter by then.

    I'd just hate to trade him for scraps if we don't have to.
    I don't see him staying through another rebuilding process.

  12. #85
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,189

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers looking to trade Danny?

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't see him staying through another rebuilding process.
    Rebuilding? You think we'll be rebuilding in 3 yr?

    Also it's not that easy to average 18-20 ppg. Yes i agree that SOMEONE has to score, but averaging 18-20 pts on a playoff team (5th best record i do believe) isnt easily replacable. Danny gets the other teams best perimiter defender every game. He's a good scorer, and has been through most of his career.

    Obviously with a lot of "superteams" being created he was the 3rd or 4th best, but that's on the best teams in the league.

  13. #86
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers looking to trade Danny?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rebuilding? You think we'll be rebuilding in 3 yr?

    Also it's not that easy to average 18-20 ppg. Yes i agree that SOMEONE has to score, but averaging 18-20 pts on a playoff team (5th best record i do believe) isnt easily replacable. Danny gets the other teams best perimiter defender every game. He's a good scorer, and has been through most of his career.

    Obviously with a lot of "superteams" being created he was the 3rd or 4th best, but that's on the best teams in the league.
    If the plan is to re-sign West and Danny until their wheels fall off I expect them to start rebuilding soon, unless Hibbert becomes Hakeem and PG becomes Tmac.

  14. #87
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,800
    Mood

    Default Re: Pacers looking to trade Danny?

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think I have several people of PD who agree with me. Some of them have commented, why don't you take it up with them. Why don't you just refrain from starting a Gordon thread or turning so many threads into that and I wouldn't have to comment on how truly foolish you are..... ...
    I realize many will agree and disagree with me, but they usually bring something to the table, like Blue&Gold did earlier even though I disagree with him. As for you, you just slap stick people with no thought of your own... this is trolling and you have had many people on PD calling you a troll... Can you not figure this out or you just do it as a rise (as in a troll)? Slammin people for their thought by calling them names is not a good way to communicate.

    Also, I have only suggested a trade for EJ acouple times ever, so what you just said is outlandish and just not true!
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  15. #88
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,528

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers looking to trade Danny?

    I'm going to guess that the FO will continue to simply "gauge" interest in DG to see what they can get for him ( until this trade deadline ). Unless they get an offer that they cannot refuse....which I don't think is likely ( IMHO, Granger is worth more to us than he is to other Teams )....I don't think that they will really consider moving him until the 2013-2014 Offseason when he's an Expiring Contract.

    I don't see the FO moving him at the 2013-2014 trade Deadline since making a major move like moving a key Player like Granger isn't good for a Playoff run.

    The only way I can see them giving him an extension ( to keep him long term ) is IF we make it to the ECF this upcoming season AND give the Heat a real run for their $$$$....but I don't see that happening. Barring that from happening and given that he'll be a UFA after his current contract is up after the 2013-2014 season...I can see the FO moving him during the summer of 2013 so that they don't lose him for nothing while making room in the SalaryCap in the 2013-2014 offseason to address our PF rotation ( since West will likely be gone ). Hopefully, PG is ready to step up and take over by than so that Granger becomes expendable.
    Last edited by CableKC; 08-25-2012 at 01:11 AM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  16. #89
    Member PaulGeorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    298

    Default Re: Pacers looking to trade Danny?

    Obviously Danny isn't going to finish his career here with PG lurking in the shadows. Donnie is back and KP is on his side. I think it's a foregone conclusion that Danny will be gone at some point. That may depend how well Paul starts off this season. If he has a strong start it will make it easier for the FO to pull the trigger and trade Danny. I just hope we can get a quality athletic PF for him. Which I believe we could. Then sign West to another deal so he can come off the bench and trade tyler.
    I'm a Beast

  17. #90
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers looking to trade Danny?

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulGeorge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Obviously Danny isn't going to finish his career here with PG lurking in the shadows. Donnie is back and KP is on his side. I think it's a foregone conclusion that Danny will be gone at some point. That may depend how well Paul starts off this season. If he has a strong start it will make it easier for the FO to pull the trigger and trade Danny. I just hope we can get a quality athletic PF for him. Which I believe we could. Then sign West to another deal so he can come off the bench and trade tyler.
    I am not sure you can. This has nothing to do with Danny but more to do with his contract. I think he has a negative trade value and I doubt you can get a first rounder for him, even one that would be low. If Danny leaves the team, I don't think he will be traded but his contract will be allowed to expire and he will sign a new, much lower contract with another team. You might trade him if you throw in first round draft picks and other players but those player would not be ones you would like to trade. I might be surprised. Bird pulled a miracle moving JO but a big man might be more in demand than Granger..... ...

  18. #91
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers looking to trade Danny?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I realize many will agree and disagree with me, but they usually bring something to the table, like Blue&Gold did earlier even though I disagree with him. As for you, you just slap stick people with no thought of your own... this is trolling and you have had many people on PD calling you a troll... Can you not figure this out or you just do it as a rise (as in a troll)? Slammin people for their thought by calling them names is not a good way to communicate.

    Also, I have only suggested a trade for EJ acouple times ever, so what you just said is outlandish and just not true!

    But you calling someone a troll is just peachy keen isn't it. I don't know how many post you have made about Gordon but I have seen hundreds of them here and they are just as silly as yours. You can't get it that the Pacers are not going to give up the ranch for someone who is so frail that he can never play a full season. I keep pointing that fact out to you and you just irnore it. There is a habit on the forum of people calling someone a troll when they disagree with them and can't make a sensible argument for what they have to say. You certainly fall within that catagory. Now, say whatever you want and shout to the world how much you want Gordon, I am done with this for now.... ...

  19. #92
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers looking to trade Danny?

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If the plan is to re-sign West and Danny until their wheels fall off I expect them to start rebuilding soon, unless Hibbert becomes Hakeem and PG becomes Tmac.
    I agree with this and your three year estimate for rebuilding is not so far fetched if they don't add some new starters...... ...

  20. #93
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers looking to trade Danny?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rebuilding? You think we'll be rebuilding in 3 yr?

    Also it's not that easy to average 18-20 ppg. Yes i agree that SOMEONE has to score, but averaging 18-20 pts on a playoff team (5th best record i do believe) isnt easily replacable. Danny gets the other teams best perimiter defender every game. He's a good scorer, and has been through most of his career.

    Obviously with a lot of "superteams" being created he was the 3rd or 4th best, but that's on the best teams in the league.

    Teams with bad management are constantly "rebuilding." The Knicks are always rebuilding. The Timberwolves are always rebuilding. The Clippers have been rebuilding for 25 years. Atlanta rebuilds often. It is the same in every sport. The haves keep on winning and the havenots keep on rebuilding...... ...

  21. #94
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers looking to trade Danny?

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He was 3rd or 4th best a lot of times last year, and anybody can replace the 18ppg provided by him, somebody has to score on an NBA team just because he averages 18ppg doesn't mean that he is as great as many of you think.
    Careful Vnzla, the mods are going to slap you around for that one. Even if you are absolutely correct. ...

  22. #95
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,549

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers looking to trade Danny?

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He was 3rd or 4th best a lot of times last year, and anybody can replace the 18ppg provided by him, somebody has to score on an NBA team just because he averages 18ppg doesn't mean that he is as great as many of you think.
    18ppg players are a dime a dozen in your NBA? OK.

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't see him staying through another rebuilding process.
    Why? If he is such a fraud as a player who is going to sign him for anything, rebuilding or not? You think he'd take MLE to ride the bench somewhere?
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:


  24. #96
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,136

    Default Re: Pacers looking to trade Danny?

    I'm no Granger fan and I would like to see him traded for good value. But even I will admit he is clearly the #2 player on this team...and he's the #1 player on offense. I like George Hill, but nobody else comes close to Danny's ability to convert shots in tough games while being defended.

  25. #97
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,189

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers looking to trade Danny?

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Teams with bad management are constantly "rebuilding." The Knicks are always rebuilding. The Timberwolves are always rebuilding. The Clippers have been rebuilding for 25 years. Atlanta rebuilds often. It is the same in every sport. The haves keep on winning and the havenots keep on rebuilding...... ...
    When one hears rebuilding they think of a team that is constantly out of the playoffs, looking at a high draft pick, etc. To think we'll go from 3rd in the east, to rebuilding in 2 years when most of our players have better years ahead of them (Hill, Hibbert, PG, all under 26 years old) without losing any of our key pieces is a little far-fetched in my eyes, but that's just me.

    P.S. The Hawks just had the same core for years, so I don't think of them as constantly rebuilding. So maybe we just have a different idea of what rebuilding means.

  26. #98
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers looking to trade Danny?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When one hears rebuilding they think of a team that is constantly out of the playoffs, looking at a high draft pick, etc. To think we'll go from 3rd in the east, to rebuilding in 2 years when most of our players have better years ahead of them (Hill, Hibbert, PG, all under 26 years old) without losing any of our key pieces is a little far-fetched in my eyes, but that's just me.

    P.S. The Hawks just had the same core for years, so I don't think of them as constantly rebuilding. So maybe we just have a different idea of what rebuilding means.
    That is usually the case. I agree with much of what you say but Hill, Hibbert and PG will not carry this team. Good replacements for West and Granger must be found and that will fall in the next three years. Replacing your leading scorer and a very good PF from the starting unit constitutes rebuilding in my mind. I think the Pacers may have peaked last year but I will be watching to see how they do. My reason for believing they will back up a bit is that the other teams improved their starters greatly while the Pacers improved their bench slightly. I picked them to go 48-34 and that is a good record. They could be a few games above that (very good) or under that which would still be good. I think they benefited form the shortened season and the schedule last year. They are built for the regular season and not the playoffs where the superstars start playing heavy minutes and the bench is less important....... ...
    Last edited by OlBlu; 08-25-2012 at 12:03 PM.

  27. #99
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers looking to trade Danny?

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm no Granger fan and I would like to see him traded for good value. But even I will admit he is clearly the #2 player on this team...and he's the #1 player on offense. I like George Hill, but nobody else comes close to Danny's ability to convert shots in tough games while being defended.
    I think you are right on target. I would not want Granger to be traded unless we got great value for him. I like that you see he is now the #2 player on this team.... ...

  28. #100
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,005

    Default Re: Pacers looking to trade Danny?

    Quote Originally Posted by HC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Danny is available....Good luck finding a team to give you much more than that in return. Danny is the 2nd or 3rd best player on most teams in the NBA.
    You must not look at most teams rosters. By my count he would be the best or at least arguably the best player on 19 teams. In a league that consists of 30 teams, your statement just doesn't hold up.

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Official Danny Granger trade ideas
    By pacer4ever in forum Trade Proposals
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-08-2012, 09:24 AM
  2. Top 50 Trade Value (espn Paul George, Danny, DC, )
    By pacer4ever in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 02-19-2011, 07:05 AM
  3. Replies: 53
    Last Post: 01-10-2011, 09:29 AM
  4. Replies: 64
    Last Post: 08-23-2010, 01:17 PM
  5. Would you trade Danny+TJ for LeBron?
    By quinnthology in forum Trade Proposals
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-15-2009, 12:44 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •