Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 362

Thread: Pacers looking to trade Danny?

  1. #51
    Parachromis HC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Hartford City
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,804
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers looking to trade Danny?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goyle View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Y'all are gonna make me cry with this talk of Humphries for Granger.
    It's not really yall...its just me so you can be mad at me or whatever. Also, that is just a jumping point, there would be other pieced involved I'm sure. I also think you are placing too much value on DG. Not that I don't like him, but there isn't a much better player in the league with decent size that you are gonna get in return for him.
    "No one else can see the preservation of the martyr in me" -- Corey Taylor

  2. #52
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers looking to trade Danny?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    JMO, I think that Danny, Augustin and a 2014 1st for EJ and Warrick would be good for the Hornets. They don't need Hansbrough or Warrick. West then could be dealt for a better pg then Augustin, like Calderon. West and Plumlee for Calderon and Davis.

    Hibbert / Mahinmi
    Davis / Hans / Warrick
    George / Green / Warrick
    Gordon / Hill / Johnson
    Calderon / Hill / Stephenson

    Enough of the Gordon posts!! He is from IU and their stinking program and he is too frail to play in the NBA..... ...
    Last edited by OlBlu; 08-24-2012 at 06:35 PM.

  3. #53
    Pacers Fan For Life J7F's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Seymour, IN
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,060

    Default Re: Pacers looking to trade Danny?

    Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The only way this happens is if we are overperforming and Granger is a primary reason why.
    Did you mean underperforming? Or are you insinuating that NOH would only do that trade if Danny steps up his game?
    Nothing in life worth having comes easy.

  4. #54

    Default Re: Pacers looking to trade Danny?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goyle View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Y'all are gonna make me cry with this talk of Humphries for Granger.
    I'm with you. the off season is the silly season.

  5. #55
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,299

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers looking to trade Danny?

    Quote Originally Posted by J7F View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did you mean underperforming? Or are you insinuating that NOH would only do that trade if Danny steps up his game?
    Very much so.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  6. #56
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,299

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers looking to trade Danny?

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Enough of the Gordon posts!! He is from IU and their stinking program and he is too frail to play in the NBA..... ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. CTRL+F5 reloads the whole page.
    That's a good reason not to want him.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:


  8. #57
    Pacers Fan For Life J7F's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Seymour, IN
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,060

    Default Re: Pacers looking to trade Danny?

    Quote Originally Posted by HC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They took forever just getting a 1 year deal done with Hump, seems like they were content with what they have......or counting on Howard. Value wise though I think it is a good deal.
    Or they knew they had Hump in the bag...
    Nothing in life worth having comes easy.

  9. #58
    Member Goyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    863

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers looking to trade Danny?

    Quote Originally Posted by HC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not really yall...its just me so you can be mad at me or whatever. Also, that is just a jumping point, there would be other pieced involved I'm sure. I also think you are placing too much value on DG. Not that I don't like him, but there isn't a much better player in the league with decent size that you are gonna get in return for him.
    I get that his value isn't high and we can't get much for him. But getting Humphries makes us a MUCH worse team now and not any better in the future. So what's the point?

  10. #59
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,822
    Mood

    Default Re: Pacers looking to trade Danny?

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Enough of the Gordon posts!! He is from IU and their stinking program and he is too frail to play in the NBA..... ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. CTRL+F5 reloads the whole page.
    Yea, Yea, Yea...You have said this crap on here how many times? Nothing new here by your comment...stop trolling!
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  11. #60
    Pacers Fan For Life J7F's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Seymour, IN
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,060

    Default Re: Pacers looking to trade Danny?

    Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Very much so.
    I think that depends on just how unhappy Gordon acts there... And Danny is from NOLA which I would assume gives him some minor bonus points... Throw in a first and possibly Tyler and I think they'ld bite... I'm not advocating the trade necessarily... But it doesn't seem outlandish to me...
    Nothing in life worth having comes easy.

  12. #61
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Dillon, Co
    Posts
    3,940

    Default Re: Pacers looking to trade Danny?

    Quote Originally Posted by Doddage View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I actually think there's some truth to this. I think Donnie and KP will be different from Bird in that they won't hesitate to make trades. If Bird was still in charge, I don't see any way Granger would be traded unless we'd get a Dwight Howard-caliber player in return.

    DW and KP certainly weren't as aggressive as Bird was with their cap space this summer. At least Bird went after the best impact players available in Nene and West. I expected a more aggressive approach from KP and was disapointed. I really hope that's Bird is coming back and if he is I hope DW just keeps his chair warm and doesn't go after any trades. I have very little faith in DW after seeing him trade DC for a player that he didn't even have to trade anything for.

  13. #62
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: Pacers looking to trade Danny?

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Exactly. That's why it might make sense to trade him while the hype still exists.
    For someone else's player whose hype still exists?

    Because why would someone trade us a known player just as good as Paul might become? I have a player who is a 9 and I trade him for a player that might become a 9? Why?

    1) He's old, in which case does that really help the Pacers

    2) It's a position of redundancy, ie George Hill for Leonard (although KL has potential to be better than Hill which helped push that deal, and the Pacers had redundancy at the wing too)

    3) They don't like the player's chemistry

    4) It's a player they can't resign

    5) They are just dumb


    Paul's "hype" value is viewed as potential by all those other teams too, so they aren't going to give up a known great player just for the heck of it. There has to be a reason they are willing to give up something good enough to be worth giving up on Paul's potential.

    "Well, we have Deron Williams, but that Paul George is going to be special so lets do that trade". Seems unlikely to me.

  14. #63
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers looking to trade Danny?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yea, Yea, Yea...You have said this crap on here how many times? Nothing new here by your comment...stop trolling!
    The troll is the guy who started begging for Gordon for the ten thousandth time....... I am sick of listening to Gordon crap. ...

  15. #64
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers looking to trade Danny?

    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For someone else's player whose hype still exists?

    Because why would someone trade us a known player just as good as Paul might become? I have a player who is a 9 and I trade him for a player that might become a 9? Why?

    1) He's old, in which case does that really help the Pacers

    2) It's a position of redundancy, ie George Hill for Leonard (although KL has potential to be better than Hill which helped push that deal, and the Pacers had redundancy at the wing too)

    3) They don't like the player's chemistry

    4) It's a player they can't resign

    5) They are just dumb


    Paul's "hype" value is viewed as potential by all those other teams too, so they aren't going to give up a known great player just for the heck of it. There has to be a reason they are willing to give up something good enough to be worth giving up on Paul's potential.

    "Well, we have Deron Williams, but that Paul George is going to be special so lets do that trade". Seems unlikely to me.
    Or the Hawks could say "hey we don't want to lose Josh Smith for nothing" and trade him for PG, or Milwaukee can say "hey we don't want to lose Monta for nothing" and trade for Paul George, I rather trade Danny in either scenario but at this point I think PG's value is higher than Danny's.

  16. #65
    Member PR07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,959

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers looking to trade Danny?

    If we trade Granger for Humphries, I've lost all confidence in management.

    George and Granger can co-exist. I like George a lot more at the 2 than I do the 3 because he's a matchup nightmare there. Maybe one day it could possibly become an issue if George puts on some serious weight and loses some foot speed, but that hasn't occurred and likely won't for a few more seasons. I think people force the issue a little too much around here.

  17. #66
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,822
    Mood

    Default Re: Pacers looking to trade Danny?

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The troll is the guy who started begging for Gordon for the ten thousandth time....... I am sick of listening to Gordon crap. ...
    No, A troll is someone that reply's with pointless lines of crap like you do. What I typed was and is a option for the Pacers. If you are so sick of what is reality then maybe you should find another hobby!!
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  18. #67
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers looking to trade Danny?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, A troll is someone that reply's with pointless lines of crap like you do. What I typed was and is a option for the Pacers. If you are so sick of what is reality then maybe you should find another hobby!!
    No, you are the troll proposing endless trades that will never happen for an always injured Gordon. NO would not take what you offered and as a Pacers fan, I would not make that offer. I have come to the conclusion that Gordon is fast moving in to replace Granger and McRoberts as the most overhyped players that people want to have a Pacers connection. I hope it NEVER happens. We can do much better. In fact, we may already have better...... ...

  19. #68
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers looking to trade Danny?

    Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If we trade Granger for Humphries, I've lost all confidence in management.

    George and Granger can co-exist. I like George a lot more at the 2 than I do the 3 because he's a matchup nightmare there. Maybe one day it could possibly become an issue if George puts on some serious weight and loses some foot speed, but that hasn't occurred and likely won't for a few more seasons. I think people force the issue a little too much around here.
    I don't think there will be any trade for Granger because his value has gone down steadily in the last few years.... I don't see anyone offering him a big contract with this one expires either. It might just br better to have Danny as a Pacer for life.... ...

  20. #69
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,822
    Mood

    Default Re: Pacers looking to trade Danny?

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, you are the troll proposing endless trades that will never happen for an always injured Gordon. NO would not take what you offered and as a Pacers fan, I would not make that offer. I have come to the conclusion that Gordon is fast moving in to replace Granger and McRoberts as the most overhyped players that people want to have a Pacers connection. I hope it NEVER happens. We can do much better. In fact, we may already have better...... ...
    Let me tell you something. When I first got on here I had a bout over EJ with a few members. I never liked Gordon in high school nor IU. I can't stand IU. I am a Boilermaker all the way. But with this said I was proven wrong about EJ, not only by a few members here. But by Eric Gordon. I have watched much more talented players in high school and in college, but there is acouple things that EJ brings that many don't possess. Attitude and Will and he has what it takes to be a game changer. You want to dog him for his injuries and that's a valid argument. But, I don't think this will continue as a trend for him. You name 5 SG's in the league that is better at his position, now is it even possible to get any of those 5 that you think is better? I really don't see to many options out there.

    If I was a fan for another team and lived in another state, I would still want EJ. If EJ was from another country and never played college ball, I'd still want EJ, so get off the homer crap and stop trolling the hate on EJ cause we all know what you think.
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  21. #70
    I have a Member xBulletproof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,671

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers looking to trade Danny?

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Or the Hawks could say "hey we don't want to lose Josh Smith for nothing" and trade him for PG, or Milwaukee can say "hey we don't want to lose Monta for nothing" and trade for Paul George, I rather trade Danny in either scenario but at this point I think PG's value is higher than Danny's.
    So we can lose those guys for nothing instead?

    Awesome plan.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:


  23. #71
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers looking to trade Danny?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Let me tell you something. When I first got on here I had a bout over EJ with a few members. I never liked Gordon in high school nor IU. I can't stand IU. I am a Boilermaker all the way. But with this said I was proven wrong about EJ, not only by a few members here. But by Eric Gordon. I have watched much more talented players in high school and in college, but there is acouple things that EJ brings that many don't possess. Attitude and Will and he has what it takes to be a game changer. You want to dog him for his injuries and that's a valid argument. But, I don't think this will continue as a trend for him. You name 5 SG's in the league that is better at his position, now is it even possible to get any of those 5 that you think is better? I really don't see to many options out there.

    If I was a fan for another team and lived in another state, I would still want EJ. If EJ was from another country and never played college ball, I'd still want EJ, so get off the homer crap and stop trolling the hate on EJ cause we all know what you think.
    And we know what you think too as you say it over and over and over again and come up with ever more silly trades for a player who has done absolutley nothing in the NBA. If you want to do that, put in one of the dozens of Gordon threads and I'll never have to read it or feel like I should comment on it. You will find this amazing but I think PG is a better all around SG right now that Gordan and he stays on the court and he plays great defense and he has much more upside..... ...

  24. #72
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,822
    Mood

    Default Re: Pacers looking to trade Danny?

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Or the Hawks could say "hey we don't want to lose Josh Smith for nothing" and trade him for PG, or Milwaukee can say "hey we don't want to lose Monta for nothing" and trade for Paul George, I rather trade Danny in either scenario but at this point I think PG's value is higher than Danny's.
    Doesn't matter if Paul George value is higher then Danny Granger. If, Paul's value is higher right now it's only cause of his contract. Pacers can't afford to lose Paul cause he is had on the cheap. You don't pay 8.5 million more for a Monta Ellis when the Pacers are already on the verge of luxury tax. Also, I am a Monta fan as you should know and I wouldn't trade Granger for Ellis straight up! Again, some people under value our own players.
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  25. #73
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers looking to trade Danny?

    Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So we can lose those guys for nothing instead?

    Awesome plan.
    Pacers are in a better level than Atlanta or Milwaukee, those teams are getting close to start rebuilding again.

  26. #74
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,822
    Mood

    Default Re: Pacers looking to trade Danny?

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And we know what you think too as you say it over and over and over again and come up with ever more silly trades for a player who has done absolutley nothing in the NBA. If you want to do that, put in one of the dozens of Gordon threads and I'll never have to read it or feel like I should comment on it. You will find this amazing but I think PG is a better all around SG right now that Gordan and he stays on the court and he plays great defense and he has much more upside..... ...
    Hmm, this thread is about Danny being traded and obviously all options are on the table for the FO. So, maybe you should just refrain from replying to statements about trade talks that involve EJ. As others may want to discuss this unlike you, you just want to hate, bash and troll with no real substance. Some would tell a person to p i s s o f f when one like yourself interferes with a discussion that is merely trolling, but here on PD, we are to be more civil.
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  27. #75
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,237

    Default Re: Pacers looking to trade Danny?

    This Eric Gordon stuff is funny. The last thing the Simons want after striking out with Jonathan Bender and paying 20M/yr to watch Jermaine O'Neal wear a dress suit more than his jersey...is to lineup for a smallish SG with a chronic injury history. It's not going to happen...and that's ok guys.

    As for Danny, he does have good market value. I don't think he's on the decline at all. He's just not in a system where he's launching threes every time down the floor...so his numbers are down. Anyway, he plays well in tough games normally...and usually better in tough games.

    If I were the Pacers though, I would work very hard to make a good trade where we get a bit younger player who can grow up with Paul...and who might fill a greater need. We have lots of wing players with Hill, George, Lance and Green. Those types are fairly easy to find. A greater need is the next starting PF for the Pacers. DWest may not be around that much longer and he's on the decline already. It really is time to look to the future.

  28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Official Danny Granger trade ideas
    By pacer4ever in forum Trade Proposals
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-08-2012, 09:24 AM
  2. Top 50 Trade Value (espn Paul George, Danny, DC, )
    By pacer4ever in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 02-19-2011, 07:05 AM
  3. Replies: 53
    Last Post: 01-10-2011, 09:29 AM
  4. Replies: 64
    Last Post: 08-23-2010, 01:17 PM
  5. Would you trade Danny+TJ for LeBron?
    By quinnthology in forum Trade Proposals
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-15-2009, 12:44 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •