Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast
Results 251 to 275 of 362

Thread: Pacers looking to trade Danny?

  1. #251
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers looking to trade Danny?

    Quote Originally Posted by beast23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The other point to be made about disregarding non-supporting stats and going with the "well, I watched the games and I disagree" argument is that it discounts the fact that "all of us watched the games, too" and we still come up with honest differences from Vlnza's point of view.

    Does Vlnza believe that his abilities to break down players and teams are superior to the abilities of all of the rest of us? Some of us, maybe... all of us, no way.

    The deal is that one's POV in breaking down a player and putting a value on the what that player brings to the table differs greatly because we all have different preferences in how we like to see the game played, what we believe should be provided to the team from each position on the floor and so forth.

    That likely means that some of us 'honestly' value so players more than others on this forum do because of our differing beliefs. However, when I experience someone who tends to take the negative aspects of any one player to extremes, I think it is reasonable to conclude that the individual simply hates the player much more than they dislike how the player plays the game.

    As an example, those that have followed my posting through the years could reasonable conclude that I had/have an intense dislike of Jalen Rose and Jamaal Tinsley. And no matter what positives either could bring to the court, that dislike for them could certainly cloud my perspective.
    I don't dislike Danny or hate him so stop it with that BS, I think is possible that one person can disagree with a lot of people and be right, just remember last year when I was the only one saying that DC was just a bench player and I was called a hater for it they also said that I was too negative towards him, sounds familiar? there was even a poll and I was the only person voting to send him to the bench, did you get to watch the same games I was watching? sure, at the end of the day I was right and close to a 100 people on that poll were wrong.

    Not saying that that is happening right now but I think is possible, again.

    I also remember how overrated DC was that people wouldn't even take just a 1st round pick for him(I even thought the same thing) and at the end of the day the Pacers ended up trading him for a bag of cheetos because nobody in the NBA thought the things Pacers fans thought about DC.
    Last edited by vnzla81; 08-28-2012 at 04:19 PM.

  2. #252

    Default Re: Pacers looking to trade Danny?

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Huh? How in the world can a stat overrate one particular player?
    Because of the way Hollinger quantifies the stat. It rewards high volume shooters regardless if they're efficient or not, and it's nearly useless when trying to determine a players defensive capabilities.

    All you have to do is look at the stats and it's clear JJ had the better season on both sides of the court but Danny somehow still manages to beat him in PER.
    Last edited by CJ Jones; 08-28-2012 at 05:55 PM.

  3. #253
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,299

    Default Re: Pacers looking to trade Danny?

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't dislike Danny or hate him so stop it with that BS, I think is possible that one person can disagree with a lot of people and be right, just remember last year when I was the only one saying that DC was just a bench player and I was called a hater for it they also said that I was too negative towards him, sounds familiar? there was even a poll and I was the only person voting to send him to the bench, did you get to watch the same games I was watching? sure, at the end of the day I was right and close to a 100 people on that poll were wrong.

    Not saying that that is happening right now but I think is possible, again.

    I also remember how overrated DC was that people wouldn't even take just a 1st round pick for him(I even thought the same thing) and at the end of the day the Pacers ended up trading him for a bag of cheetos because nobody in the NBA thought the things Pacers fans thought about DC.
    Actually everyone in the NBA though the Pacers got straight fleeced in the DC trade. So there goes that idea out the window. Infact DC will be the starter for the Mavs next year, and probably end up having a career year. Make Walsh and Pritchard look like fools.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  4. #254
    Redemption. docpaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Noblesville, IN
    Posts
    1,672

    Default Re: Pacers looking to trade Danny?

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think is possible that one person can disagree with a lot of people and be right
    I think this is the dream of all of the pseudo-troll types. At least you're honest and forthright with why you behave the way you do.

    In one of those 100 attempts to distinguish your opinion from the "wisdom of the crowd", you'll be able to proudly crow: "yes, I was smarter and more informed than all of the rest of you unwashed Joe Six Pack types"

    Have fun with that.

  5. #255
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers looking to trade Danny?

    Quote Originally Posted by docpaul View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think this is the dream of all of the pseudo-troll types. At least you're honest and forthright with why you behave the way you do.

    In one of those 100 attempts to distinguish your opinion from the "wisdom of the crowd", you'll be able to proudly crow: "yes, I was smarter and more informed than all of the rest of you unwashed Joe Six Pack types"

    Have fun with that.
    Hate me all you want but The fact is that I've been more right than wrong so nope I'm not trying to distinguish myself from others and nope I'm not trying to prove than I'm smarter than anybody I'm just telling it like I see it and if people like you don't like it oh well...

  6. #256
    George Hill Apologist mattie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,501

    Default Re: Pacers looking to trade Danny?

    I do pick and choose the stats that I use, but it is certainly not because some support a position and others don't. Some statistics just aren't clearly telling me anything. I am sure they're giving some sort of valuable information, I'm just not sure what. Individual Plus Minus I'm sure could be used in a valuable way. I'm just not sure how. West's plus minus versus the Heat was even and the other 4 starters were all high hovering around +20 I believe it was. Maybe thats because West didn't play well. Or maybe it's just because he was on the court when Barbosa was projectile vomiting every where.

    Other stats like TS% are straight forward and simply cannot be disputed. When you're judging a player who's main priority is scoring, it is very important that he is doing it efficiently. TS% tells us that.

    It is enlightening. Like all of us I'm very disappointed when I see Danny shoot 42% for the season. However, when I compare his overall efficiency scoring the ball to Kobe Bryant, and he is more efficient than I know it is not near as bad as some wish to believe.

    Someone on here was suggesting that 3 years ago when Joe was younger he was probably easily the superior player to Danny while he has regressed now to the point they're equal.

    Actually three years ago I'd say Danny was clearly the better player on offense. (though that was a time were defense was simply not a focus). Danny was taking the same amount of shots as Joe, and scoring three more points per game. That is huge.
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mattie For This Useful Post:


  8. #257
    thx4tehmRys Danny! daschysta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Geist, Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,936
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers looking to trade Danny?

    Quote Originally Posted by CJ Jones View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is why PER's so silly to me. It rates Danny higher than JJ after one of JJ's best seasons and arguably Danny's worst. IMO it overrates the heck out of Danny and always has.

    Then it doesn't even have Rondo ranked in the top 20 amongst PGs which is mind numbing...
    JJ really didn't have that great of a season, I saw quite a few Hawks games, and many Hawks fans would tell you the same.

    And yes a stat like TS% is pretty much bulletproof, and far more accurate than comparing raw FG% without taking into account 3 pointers and free throws.

  9. #258
    George Hill Apologist mattie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,501

    Default Re: Pacers looking to trade Danny?

    To further support my point- I've just never taken volume scoring that seriously. I believe almost anyone can score 25 a game. But few can do it efficiently. That's the difference between wins and losses. Think about it. Every team is going to get a certain amount of shots per game. It doesn't matter if you spread out the shots equally between starters like the Pacers or you have Wade/LBJ/Bosh take all of the shots. Every team is getting the shots. So if you do it efficiently you help. If you don't, you probably aren't helping all that much unless the other team is just shooting even worse. I mean this is fairly obvious.

    Think about this: Kobe Bryant has been considered either the best or close to the best scorer of the last decade. I'd suggest his overall points only make it quite clear he just shoots more than other players.

    I think Dirk has been a superior scorer the last decade. While Kobe is clearly explosive, and we'll give him extra credit for a guy that can at times be absolutely unstoppable, we also have to be honest that over a playoff series or over a season he's a high volume shooter that isn't as efficient as the top 15 players in the NBA.

    Compare Dirk's championship team to almost every team Kobe has ever had. He's almost always had way more talent, he's almost always had defense around him. Dirk finally had a defensive squad around him for the first time in his career, and because he was an absolute offensive juggernaut he led his team to a championship. Kobe's shortcomings on offense have kept him from having more playoff wins than he could of have. That's just the truth.

    Now I'd still actually argue Kobe is probably a better player. I'm not saying he isn't. I think Kobe is better because over his career he's generally been an above average defender which is important. Dirk has not. This is why the only way Dirk could ever win a championship is if he was surrounded by defensive players that could make up for his shortcomings on that side of the court. Kobe has the luxury of being able to contribute to any team.

    With that said, if Kobe was as good as everyone says he would I'm quite certain he'd be much more successful than he was. He's been quite fortunate to have a ton of talent around him his entire career. More talent than any other NBA player could ever dream of. That is why he's been so successful.

    To clarify: The reason I compared the two was Kobe has had a higher PPG than Dirk though I believe Dirk has been much more deadly on offense.

    Edit - More fun with stats. Remember when all those blogs starting suggesting Reggie Miller maybe wasn't as good as we all thought and maybe shouldn't get into the Hall?? Only 18ppg his entire career! Compare that to a number of good players that don't belong in the hall right??

    TS% once again enlightens us and tells us why Reggie, who wasn't anywhere dominate like a super star, could help lead his teams to late in the playoffs. It shows why his teams were so good. Reggie has a career absurd, .60 TS%. Meaning No one ever got close to stopping Reggie from scoring. That's why he was so deadly.

    Now he wasn't a superstar, or all world player, but he was deadly on offense, and more deadly than guys he was compared to like Michael Finley and Mitch Richmond.
    Last edited by mattie; 08-28-2012 at 07:49 PM.
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to mattie For This Useful Post:


  11. #259

    Default Re: Pacers looking to trade Danny?

    Quote Originally Posted by daschysta View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    JJ really didn't have that great of a season, I saw quite a few Hawks games, and many Hawks fans would tell you the same.
    Okay, I can't argue with that.

    And yes a stat like TS% is pretty much bulletproof, and far more accurate than comparing raw FG% without taking into account 3 pointers and free throws.
    The comparison was between TS% and eFG%. I explained why I prefer to use Danny's eFG% rather than his TS% a couple pages back. I'm sure you'll disagree, though.

  12. #260
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers looking to trade Danny?

    I still can't believe people really think a one time all star is better than a six times all star only in PD I tell you

  13. #261
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,027

    Default Re: Pacers looking to trade Danny?

    I have had the phrase "Intuition over Integers" above my avatar for several months now.

    Coaches obviously use statistics quite a bit, and rightly so. But the best coaches will go with their intuition ultimately, even if the stats disagree. What the human mind and spirit can discern may be unmeasurable and subconscious, but it is very superior to computers and stat sheets.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:


  15. #262
    George Hill Apologist mattie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,501

    Default Re: Pacers looking to trade Danny?

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have had the phrase "Intuition over Integers" above my avatar for several months now.

    Coaches obviously use statistics quite a bit, and rightly so. But the best coaches will go with their intuition ultimately, even if the stats disagree. What the human mind and spirit can discern may be unmeasurable and subconscious, but it is very superior to computers and stat sheets.
    Kind of like when Phil Jackson went with his intuition concerning corner three pointers. There's a real chance Phil Jackson cost the Lakers a championship because he went with his intuition instead of facts.

    http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...y-caspian-kang

    http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...y-caspian-kang
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

  16. #263
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Side
    Posts
    4,101

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers looking to trade Danny?

    Quote Originally Posted by mattie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Kind of like when Phil Jackson went with his intuition concerning corner three pointers. There's a real chance Phil Jackson cost the Lakers a championship because he went with his intuition instead of facts.

    http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...y-caspian-kang

    http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...y-caspian-kang
    You're seriously using Phil Jackson as an argument that coaches using intuition hurts their success. Maybe he'll let you borrow that 11th championship ring that he can't put on his finger.

    I'm sorry, but Phil Jackson has earned the benefit of the doubt.

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shags For This Useful Post:


  18. #264
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,947

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers looking to trade Danny?

    Quote Originally Posted by mattie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To further support my point- I've just never taken volume scoring that seriously. I believe almost anyone can score 25 a game. But few can do it efficiently. That's the difference between wins and losses. Think about it. Every team is going to get a certain amount of shots per game. It doesn't matter if you spread out the shots equally between starters like the Pacers or you have Wade/LBJ/Bosh take all of the shots. Every team is getting the shots. So if you do it efficiently you help. If you don't, you probably aren't helping all that much unless the other team is just shooting even worse. I mean this is fairly obvious.

    Think about this: Kobe Bryant has been considered either the best or close to the best scorer of the last decade. I'd suggest his overall points only make it quite clear he just shoots more than other players.

    I think Dirk has been a superior scorer the last decade. While Kobe is clearly explosive, and we'll give him extra credit for a guy that can at times be absolutely unstoppable, we also have to be honest that over a playoff series or over a season he's a high volume shooter that isn't as efficient as the top 15 players in the NBA.

    Compare Dirk's championship team to almost every team Kobe has ever had. He's almost always had way more talent, he's almost always had defense around him. Dirk finally had a defensive squad around him for the first time in his career, and because he was an absolute offensive juggernaut he led his team to a championship. Kobe's shortcomings on offense have kept him from having more playoff wins than he could of have. That's just the truth.

    Now I'd still actually argue Kobe is probably a better player. I'm not saying he isn't. I think Kobe is better because over his career he's generally been an above average defender which is important. Dirk has not. This is why the only way Dirk could ever win a championship is if he was surrounded by defensive players that could make up for his shortcomings on that side of the court. Kobe has the luxury of being able to contribute to any team.

    With that said, if Kobe was as good as everyone says he would I'm quite certain he'd be much more successful than he was. He's been quite fortunate to have a ton of talent around him his entire career. More talent than any other NBA player could ever dream of. That is why he's been so successful.

    To clarify: The reason I compared the two was Kobe has had a higher PPG than Dirk though I believe Dirk has been much more deadly on offense.

    Edit - More fun with stats. Remember when all those blogs starting suggesting Reggie Miller maybe wasn't as good as we all thought and maybe shouldn't get into the Hall?? Only 18ppg his entire career! Compare that to a number of good players that don't belong in the hall right??

    TS% once again enlightens us and tells us why Reggie, who wasn't anywhere dominate like a super star, could help lead his teams to late in the playoffs. It shows why his teams were so good. Reggie has a career absurd, .60 TS%. Meaning No one ever got close to stopping Reggie from scoring. That's why he was so deadly.

    Now he wasn't a superstar, or all world player, but he was deadly on offense, and more deadly than guys he was compared to like Michael Finley and Mitch Richmond.
    Every successful, talented player won championships with other talented players around him. Magic, Bird, Jordan, Shaq, they all played with an abundance of talented players. You can't say that 5 rings is not Kobe maximizing his potential. Yes he played with Shaq, but there wasn't much else on that first three peat. The two recent titles were with Pau Gasol as his second man (potentially a borderline HOF) and Lamar Odom as their 3rd best player (arguably Bynum) not exactly model players in terms of consistency.

    Kobe is a winner and one of the best players ever. That "played with talent" is the excuse I hate when it comes to the black mamba

  19. #265
    George Hill Apologist mattie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,501

    Default Re: Pacers looking to trade Danny?

    Quote Originally Posted by CJ Jones View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The comparison was between TS% and eFG%. I explained why I prefer to use Danny's eFG% rather than his TS% a couple pages back. I'm sure you'll disagree, though.
    Which is why we say some people use some stats over others because it supports their argument versus obtaining a true understanding.

    The first time you said you prefer eFG% is when you compared Danny and Joe's statistics from last year. Joe's .521 versus Danny's .481 certainly supports your argument. You said "(EFG% > TS% imo but Joe still beats danny in both)"

    I'm sure you were startled when you found out Danny's career eFG% is higher than Joe's but at least it was a smallest enough margin that you could stick with your story.

    You followed that up with this:

    Quote Originally Posted by CJ Jones View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I see you prefer TS% over eFG%. I'd rather look at eFG%, though... Danny .503 Joe .494. Better, yeah, but not by much. Not nearly enough to back up your view that Danny's been the superior offensive player throughout his career considering all of his limitations.
    You haven't really given any argument as to why you think eFG% somehow is more important or gives us more information. The only evidence as to why you'd choose one over the other is in the particular argument, if eFG% is superior, your entire argument holds more weight.

    But see I can give you pretty sound reasoning as to why TS% clearly gives us more information, and why if you were to compare the two, you should conclude TS% is more important.

    eFG% plain and simple leaves out an extremely important part of scoring the ball: trips to the free throw line. You can shoot poor from the field but if you get to the line on a regular basis you'll make up for your short comings shooting the ball. Though I do appreciate eFG% as it gives you insight on where a player is making his money, it does not give us enough information to be definitive either way.

    The difference between eFG% and TS% is the difference between Dwyane Wade and Joe Johnson being either equals or Wade being far and above the player that Joe Johnson is.
    Last edited by mattie; 08-28-2012 at 09:48 PM.
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

  20. #266
    George Hill Apologist mattie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,501

    Default Re: Pacers looking to trade Danny?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Every successful, talented player won championships with other talented players around him. Magic, Bird, Jordan, Shaq, they all played with an abundance of talented players. You can't say that 5 rings is not Kobe maximizing his potential. Yes he played with Shaq, but there wasn't much else on that first three peat. The two recent titles were with Pau Gasol as his second man (potentially a borderline HOF) and Lamar Odom as their 3rd best player (arguably Bynum) not exactly model players in terms of consistency.

    Kobe is a winner and one of the best players ever. That "played with talent" is the excuse I hate when it comes to the black mamba
    Quote Originally Posted by shags View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You're seriously using Phil Jackson as an argument that coaches using intuition hurts their success. Maybe he'll let you borrow that 11th championship ring that he can't put on his finger.

    I'm sorry, but Phil Jackson has earned the benefit of the doubt.
    I'll do my best to explain quickly here but I refuse to dive much deeper into the topic as I don't won't to derail the thread into another Kobe thread.

    Anywho- I value a player on their talents, abilities and how they perform. Not championships. I don't care if you have 12 championships. If you have 12 championships because you had great teammates you shouldn't somehow get more credit as a player.

    I'm not using an "played with talent" excuse for Kobe. It's not an excuse, it's a fact. Nothing wrong with playing with talent. As you said, everyone who has ever won played with talent. That's how it works. So yes, Kobe is a beneficiary of talent, as is every other great.

    Finally, I do think some players did more with less than others. Again, this more a testament to that individual players talent than a knock on any other player. It's just a legitimate way to consider talent and help us understand who is in fact the best at what they do.

    This is why I judge players on how they perform as individuals and not count championships, which is the most absurd way to judge a player ever.

    Phil Jackson, one of the greatest coaches of all time, still probably blew his chance at another championship. Again, I'm not saying that means he sucks, or he's a failure or anything. But with that said, he probably did. Before you argue that point, please listen to that podcast, otherwise I have no intentions of discussing it with you.

    Edit - Another example of what I'm talking about: LBJ taking the Cavaliers to the Finals in my opinion is FAR more impressive than anything Kobe has done his entire career. Yet until LBJ finally won a championship only then would people consider something that has been true since 2005: LBJ is a lot better player than Kobe Bryant. That is NOT a knock on Kobe. It's just life. Some people are better than others. No need for anyone to get their panties in a wad.

    Edit 2 - Imagine if you took Kobe and LBJ's careers and swapped them. What would have happened? LBJ probably would of had 7 championships with Shaq before winning minimum 3 more with Pau Gasol. Kobe wouldn't of had won any. Had that happened Kobe's stock would be WAY down, and LBJ would be considered the greatest player ever. Is that fair? Just because one player had better circumstances than another?? Judge them on their performance, not their circumstances.
    Last edited by mattie; 08-28-2012 at 10:05 PM.
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

  21. #267
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,453

    Default Re: Pacers looking to trade Danny?

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I still can't believe people really think a one time all star is better than a six times all star only in PD I tell you
    What are you talking about?


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  22. #268
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers looking to trade Danny?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What are you talking about?
    Joe Johnson 6 all star games and Danny 1 all star game.

  23. #269
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,947

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers looking to trade Danny?

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Joe Johnson 6 all star games and Danny 1 all star game.
    I almost laughed at this until I realized it was true!! Lol can't believe JJ has been to 6 AS games. Lol what a joke

  24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:


  25. #270
    Since 1984 1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,802

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers looking to trade Danny?

    No doubt; the league is weak at the two guard.

  26. #271
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers looking to trade Danny?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I almost laughed at this until I realized it was true!! Lol can't believe JJ has been to 6 AS games. Lol what a joke
    The joke is that you guys actually believe Danny is as good as JJ.

  27. #272
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,338

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The joke is that you guys actually believe Danny is as good as JJ.
    Danny also has dudes named LeBron, Bosh, Paul Pierce, and now Carmelo perennially ahead of him, where JJ has... DWade.

    Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 08-28-2012 at 11:37 PM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  28. #273
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,947

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers looking to trade Danny?

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The joke is that you guys actually believe Danny is as good as JJ.
    No the joke is the fact that you're hellbent to believe that he is on a whole other level when there are plenty of things that prove they are very similar. That's the joke. But to each their own

  29. #274

    Default Re: Pacers looking to trade Danny?

    I think I made it pretty clear.

    Danny's still a high usage player. He takes more shots per minute than all SFs except for the big 3. He took just as many shots this year as he did last year, so he didn't exactlly "take a step back", even after we aquired an all star caliber offensive player and Roy developed into an all star. IMO if your gonna take shot attempts like a #1 you ought to be able to do something other then just score the ball.

    When I'm evaluating a player why should I credit Danny more for his 2 extra FTs a game, than I do Joe for his 2 extra assists?

    Look, I realize his TS% is higher, and he's technically a more efficient scorer, but scoring is only a small part of offense. There are lots of intangible things I think Joe blows Danny away in; like ball handling, offensive awareness, PnR, isolation abilities, etc... stuff you can't quantify with a statistic (unless you have a synergy account... and they screwed mine up )

    edit: sorry, but I'm not going to handicap Danny because he's a SF and Joe's a SG. Joe could easily start at SF. In fact he did for a large portion of the season and was better there then at SG.

  30. #275
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,272

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers looking to trade Danny?

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Actually everyone in the NBA though the Pacers got straight fleeced in the DC trade. So there goes that idea out the window. Infact DC will be the starter for the Mavs next year, and probably end up having a career year. Make Walsh and Pritchard look like fools.
    Although it's not hard to assume that DC will be the Starter......cuz the Mavs have no other real PGs in their lineup......I have no reason to believe that DC will be anything more than what we have already seen. This doesn't mean that he's not going to have a good year......I just don't think that DC doesn't have a much higher ceiling.

    Regarding Walsh and KP looking like fools for trading DC to get Mahinmi.....was it possible to sign Green at that time if we didn't send out DC+Inferno?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Similar Threads

  1. Official Danny Granger trade ideas
    By pacer4ever in forum Trade Proposals
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-08-2012, 09:24 AM
  2. Top 50 Trade Value (espn Paul George, Danny, DC, )
    By pacer4ever in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 02-19-2011, 07:05 AM
  3. Replies: 53
    Last Post: 01-10-2011, 09:29 AM
  4. Replies: 64
    Last Post: 08-23-2010, 01:17 PM
  5. Would you trade Danny+TJ for LeBron?
    By quinnthology in forum Trade Proposals
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-15-2009, 12:44 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •