Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: Pacers looking to trade Danny?

Default Re: Pacers looking to trade Danny?

I feel like there is some revisionist history going on in here.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nobody can forget the "haters gonna hate" conversations we had and your love for JOB
    You always confused my respect for Larry Bird with actually caring about JOB. I got angry because JOB was all we were allowed to talk about for a while here, it was stupid.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to spazzxb For This Useful Post:

Step aside, King James BlueNGold's Avatar

Granger 2011/12 was an above average defender at SF when he put forth the effort. He showed some ability to force turnovers. A big improvement over previous years.

Paul, however, was better at guarding anyone except the stronger SF's like LeBron. That's why Danny was on LeBron. If Paul were stronger, he would have been all over LeBron...and Hill would have been matched up on Wade.

But Hibbert was the only reason we competed guys. I'm not really talking about the Miami series as I am in general. The perimeter D is important, I know. But when there is a completely open lane to the rack, you have a huge problem. We could have Dahntay filling in for Granger on D and you wouldn't lose much. But when you replace Hibbert with anyone else on that team, you got torched in the paint and our wing defenders became exposed. IOW, Hibbert makes all the other guys better defenders.

It isn't even close. Hibbert may not be a gazelle who can shut down the PnR, but he is absolutely crucial to the Pacer's defense.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

J7F

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    Granger 2011/12 was an above average defender at SF when he put forth the effort. He showed some ability to force turnovers. A big improvement over previous years.

Paul, however, was better at guarding anyone except the stronger SF's like LeBron. That's why Danny was on LeBron. If Paul were stronger, he would have been all over LeBron...and Hill would have been matched up on Wade.

But Hibbert was the only reason we competed guys. I'm not really talking about the Miami series as I am in general. The perimeter D is important, I know. But when there is a completely open lane to the rack, you have a huge problem. We could have Dahntay filling in for Granger on D and you wouldn't lose much. But when you replace Hibbert with anyone else on that team, you got torched in the paint and our wing defenders became exposed. IOW, Hibbert makes all the other guys better defenders.

It isn't even close. Hibbert may not be a gazelle who can shut down the PnR, but he is absolutely crucial to the Pacer's defense.
    Yeah, Hibbert has his flaws, but his mere presence changes the way that teams approach facing us in a major way, he's our most important player, and the one guy other than George who has the potential to take another step and become a true "star" player, and elevate the pacers to elite status. He's probably our most important player on both offense and defense.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to daschysta For This Useful Post:

J7F

Mood

Yeah but according to some people Danny = Pierce.
    According to very few people man. You like to latch on to the comments of a few over the top people and extrapolate them to the fanbase as a whole.

The closest thing I can see is some people arguing pre-draft that Danny would be pierceesque, and after his 25.8-5-3 season, when it actually look possible he could settle into that level, which wasn't really, at the time that ridiculous. You'll find very few people that will claim Danny reached pierces level, at this time.

"But according to some people" doesn't work as an argument typifying the fanbase when said people are so few and far between.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to daschysta For This Useful Post:

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by spazzxb View Post
    I got angry because JOB was all we were allowed to talk about for a while here, it was stupid.
    For awhile everything was because JOB sucked. That he was worse than Satan, and the brawl was his fault because he sucked so bad a few years later. People were turning threads to talk about how awful he was. And now we have a new whipping boy, Danny.

From JO---> JOB---->Granger.

I predict Roy is next.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Major Cold For This Useful Post:

J7F

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spazzxb View Post
    I got angry because JOB was all we were allowed to talk about for a while here, it was stupid.
    Keeping JOB as coach was stupid. You can argue that beating the drum now is old hat, but, at the time, it was a terrible, unusual and unfortunate time in Pacers history, and there was nothing, and I mean nothing, more important to talk about.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    For awhile everything was because JOB sucked. That he was worse than Satan, and the brawl was his fault because he sucked so bad a few years later. People were turning threads to talk about how awful he was. And now we have a new whipping boy, Danny.

From JO---> JOB---->Granger.

I predict Roy is next.
    Unless Danny kills somebody or punch a baby in the face on live tv I don't think anybody would hate him as much as people hated the clown of JOB, comparing the clowns hate to Danny's criticism it's going over board in my opinion.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    Er, I'd consider Pierce in his prime to be elite in FTAs. His best season (10.3 FTA/g, in 05-06) was 3rd in the league, tied with LeBron and ahead of Kobe. And oh, among active players, Pierce has the second most FTs made and attempted (behind Kobe, and ahead of guys like Duncan, Nowitzki, Garnett). That's pretty elite in my book.

So if you think that Danny should get to the line as much as likely Hall of Famer Paul Pierce, then yeah he falls short.
    No not as much, but he should be getting to the line much more than he is. I can't count the number of times I've watched DG pull up in transition and shoot a jumper when he should be taking the ball to the basket.
    When all of your wishes are granted many of your dreams will be destroyed -MM

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    For awhile everything was because JOB sucked. That he was worse than Satan, and the brawl was his fault because he sucked so bad a few years later. People were turning threads to talk about how awful he was. And now we have a new whipping boy,Tyler.

From JO---> JOB---->Tyler.

I predict Roy is next.
    fixed
    When all of your wishes are granted many of your dreams will be destroyed -MM

Mood

Sports Logo

Unless Danny kills somebody or punch a baby in the face on live tv I don't think anybody would hate him as much as people hated the clown of JOB, comparing the clowns hate to Danny's criticism it's going over board in my opinion.
    If Danny punches a baby in the face on live TV, I will probably love him 8x more.
    witters: @imbtyler, @postgameonline

Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    In conclusion, Paul George is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    Our arena, their arena, Rucker park, it just doesn't matter. We're bigger, longer, younger, faster, and hungrier.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Is there any realistic straight swap for DG though.