Thread: Lance Armstrong to be banned, stripped of all titles

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Lance Armstrong to be banned, stripped of all titles

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Armstrong never failed a drug test in all of those years. I don't see how you can vacate all of those titles and ban him unless you have a failed drug test..... ...

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    I hate dragging politics into sport, but am I the only person who is concerned about a organization funded by our government (thus, funded by us) sticking their noses into the business of international sanctioning bodies where they don't belong based on flimsy evidence by people who got caught doping and thus are fighting for their careers? I can't consider their testimony to be trustworthy. The French are just mad that he whooped their homeboys arses on their home turf for years.

Personally, I think the UCI should tell the USADA to take their bans and stripped titles and stick it up their own arses. They are clearly overstepping their boundaries and they should be slapped back. Unfortunately for Lance, legal bills aren't cheap, and with government money, the USADA has infinitely more resources at their disposal.
    Very well said.... ...

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    The French are just mad that he whooped their homeboys arses on their home turf for years.
    What exactly do the French have to do with USADA? Or with the American judge who dismissed Armstrong's lawsuit against USADA? Are any of the teammates of Armstrong that were willing to testify against him French?

It's also a complete misconception that the French dislike Armstrong. Did you follow Armstrong's comeback on the Tour in 2010? Did you see the thousands of people on the side of the road (myself included) all over France cheering for him? I can also assure you that the (French) organizers of the Tour de France would much prefer that Armstrong not be stripped of his titles.

I'd strongly suggest taking Armstrong's "It's all big (French-led) conspiracy against me" stance with a serious dose of critical thinking. One can disagree with USADA's decision, or with the view that USADA should have the power to strip Armstrong of his titles and ban him, without just repeating Armstrong's paranoid nonsense.
    Last edited by Pingu; 08-24-2012 at 07:24 PM.

Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Pingu View Post
    Lance, is that you?

More seriously, you just summed up in two sentences the reason why many people on both sides of the Atlantic have grown tired of Armstrong's antics. The whole 'witch hunt' defense developed by Armstrong is ridiculous.
    Wait, your telling me it hasn't been a witch hunt? Because it most certainly has. USADA has completely over stepped their bounds for this. Its embarrassing. This whole trial USADA is trying to put on is ridiculous.

Regardless of whether you think he doped or not, you have to admit that USADA looks like a complete joke in this situation. Stripping him of titles when they don't have the power to. Pursuing a case that is beyond their statute of limitations. Building an entire case on hearsay when he hasn't failed single drug test. Its a damn joke.

Personally, I believe he doped. I don't say cheated because when they all are doing it, its not cheating. Cycling wasn't clean before Lance and it isn't clean after Lance. My family is heavily into cycling, my brother has made a career out of it. I've followed cycling for a long time now. The entire sport is "dirty". Your telling me that Bradley Wiggins goes on to win the most difficult and grueling race perhaps in all of sports and then goes on to win the Olympics too, but is completely clean? Sorry, not buying that one. Your body just doesn't recover like that.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden