Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Colts Trade - Could be big - Irsay Tweet

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Another Colts Trade - Could be big - Irsay Tweet

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He lies to keep people spending money and you homers eat all of his crap right up.
    Can you clarify on the above quote? I'd like specific examples. I'm trying to understand where you're coming from.

Also - I'm not a homer. I most certainly don't agree with every single move that the Colts have made. I just don't think Jim Irsay is the worst owner ever (that's a very bold statement to make).

2. The Following User Says Thank You to CompACE For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Young View Post
    That makes sense because I think Mike Jenkins is still injured. Not 100% sure on that though.
    Jenkins should be ready by week 2 or 3, and while I would rather the Cowboys just keep him they have likely rebuffed the Colts offers in the past for insurance in case their primary guys did not remain healthy through camp. He could very well be available at this point.
    "No one else can see the preservation of the martyr in me" -- Corey Taylor

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

No, that was Peyton Manning and Irsay was fortunate to have him. That ended 36 years of futility and a lot of that was under an Irsay watch. I do think he is the worst, he is a liar. He lies to keep people spending money and you homers eat all of his crap right up. I think Irsay is about equal to those folks you mentioned. I think Marge won some world series and Brown and Sterling always make money because they don't have to field a winning team. Peyton Manning made a lot of people look very smart. He is getting ready to do that again for Elway..... ...
    This above proves the irrational bias against Jim Irsay. He is not his father, and the Colts have flourished because of him. Hell, we'd have to have increased mod presense if Herb Simon was on twitter, just to wipe down the loads in the main forum.

But who am I kidding the guy is a dick. Being a music lover and wanting to interact with fans is conduct unbecoming of an owner.
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

.............Irsay .............he is a liar. He lies to keep people spending money and you homers eat all of his crap right up.
    Well, how about a list of these 'lies' ??

ok. Here is one of the more recent RUMORS.....

http://www.rantsports.com/clubhouse/...wr-wes-welker/
    Jim Irsay has tweeted multiple times in the past day that he is working on a big trade which involves giving up a high draft pick for a veteran/starter.

Unconfirmed reports from Twitter from an account known as Colts Insiders indicate that the Indianapolis Colts could be close to acquiring veteran wide receiver Wes Welker from the New England Patriots.

According to the reports, Welker was held out of practice when the talks heated up and was scratched from the New England Patriots’ preseason game on Friday night. The source also says that Welker has no current injury. He claims that multiple picks are included in the deal, none of which is a first round draft pick, and that the deal likely would not be completed before Sunday due to the Colts and Patriots both playing this weekend.

Welker is now 31 so it’s difficult to imagine what the Patriots could get for him. However, he has been one of the most productive wide receivers in the league over the past five seasons. He’s led the league in catches three times, averaging 111.2 catches per season since 2007. This includes the 2010 season, when he caught just 86 passes while working his way back from a torn ACL. He’s averaged 1221 receiving yards and six touchdowns per season.

Then again, he’s been arguably the perfect fit for New England’s system, led by an all-time great at head coach in Bill Belichick and one of the greatest quarterbacks ever in Tom Brady. He’d still be a very successful slot receiver in Indianapolis but he likely wouldn’t duplicate his numbers from New England.

If he did join the Colts, he would team with veteran Reggie Wayne to give rookie number one draft pick Andrew Luck a pair of very reliable targets at wide receiver. Throw in rookie tight end Coby Fleener, who went to college with Luck, and you know who Luck’s three favorite targets will be in 2012.

Adding Welker would also make sense for the Colts because receiver Austin Collie can’t be counted on to stay free of concussions. Then again, a 31-year old slot receiver who is looking for a massive contract is definitely not the type of player who you would expect to join a stud rookie quarterback on a rebuilding team.

Quote Originally Posted by ErikD. View Post
    ok. Here is one of the more recent RUMORS.....

http://www.rantsports.com/clubhouse/...wr-wes-welker/
    If it's Welker, I won't be thrilled. Another aging WR? Another undersized WR? I don't think the Colts need that.

More OLine help or a CB would be ideal.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Now why should I do that. I have one for you, if the Colts win four or less games, you disappear but we know you won't. The Colts are not as good as last year but they might get lucky and win three games. That is ten less than some of you homers are predicting.... ...
    I'm giving you fair warning right now - stop with the "homers" crap. This is a Colts fan board. As such, there is going to be some level of homerism. If you don't like it, you're free to leave.

The same thing goes with constantly posting the same thing in every thread. As I said before, you've already made your opinions on Irsay, Luck, Manning, etc. very clear. If you have something new to add, feel free. Otherwise, stop spamming.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Please, please, please let the Welker thing remain a RUMOUR!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

12. The Following User Says Thank You to D-BONE For This Useful Post:

I would be okay with Welker only if the price is right. At least it says a first rounder would not be involved. That would make me livid.

It's from a random Twitter account.

Sounds like bull poop to me.

no chance Welker gets traded to their chief AFC rival
    David "And One" West

I don't have an agenda but I just don't believe that Irsay will bring in a high priced veteran like MJD. He is into pocketing the money, not building a winner..... ...
    You do realize that quite a few vets from the last regime had huge deals. Peyton, Freeney, Dallas, Bob Sanders, Marvin, Diem, Brackett, Hayden. I could go on for a while but I'm sure you get the point.

Quote Originally Posted by D-BONE View Post
    Please, please, please let the Welker thing remain a RUMOUR!!!!!!!!!!!
    Agreed, Don't want him, don't need him. Doesn't excite me one bit.

MJD, Mike Wallace, Jake Long....Yes please!

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Confidential View Post
    You do realize that quite a few vets from the last regime had huge deals. Peyton, Freeney, Dallas, Bob Sanders, Marvin, Diem, Brackett, Hayden. I could go on for a while but I'm sure you get the point.
    And the GM who signed those guys and kept them is gone. It is back to being Jimmy's team now. The current GM is just a "yes" man for Jimmy. That is what he was hired to do...... ...

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    I'm giving you fair warning right now - stop with the "homers" crap. This is a Colts fan board. As such, there is going to be some level of homerism. If you don't like it, you're free to leave.

The same thing goes with constantly posting the same thing in every thread. As I said before, you've already made your opinions on Irsay, Luck, Manning, etc. very clear. If you have something new to add, feel free. Otherwise, stop spamming.

I am not spamming. I am responding to the same nonsense you and others post over and over again. You stop that and I'll stop making my response. If being called a "homer" is the worst thing that is ever said to these folks on a board, they are lucky. Why don't you stop them from shouting troll everytime they disagree with me or anyone else? Could it be because you just happen to agree with whatever opinion they are spouting? I have done nothing here to warrent a threat from you that I can see. But if you think it makes you popular with your cronies you agree with, go ahead and do whatever you want. If you want to send me a warning, do it in private instead of stirring up the unwashed masses...... ...

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    Well, how about a list of these 'lies' ??
    There are lots of them over the years but how about the very biggest one. "We will find a way to have Peyton Manning back", right up until the final minute for people to renew their season tickets. I knew he was lying and I vowed to never believe anything else he said...... ...

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by CompACE View Post
    Can you clarify on the above quote? I'd like specific examples. I'm trying to understand where you're coming from.

Also - I'm not a homer. I most certainly don't agree with every single move that the Colts have made. I just don't think Jim Irsay is the worst owner ever (that's a very bold statement to make).
    I explained this on a later post. Send me a message if you can't find it and I will go over it with you privately. The new management does not like hearing a voice other than his own..... I have been ordered not to use the word "homer" any longer. But you and anyone else can feel free to call me a troll all you like. We have become a three monkey forum. "Hear no evil, speak no evil and see no evil." The man who runs it only wants positive message about the Colts. OK, they are going to win sixteen games and win the Super Bowl to join Miami as the only undefeated team. Does that make everyone feel more secure? ...

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Ohhh yea, I think I'm seeing the light now, thanks to you, Oh Enlightened Blu, I think you're finally getting through with logic and common sense to everyone on this board, your mission is accomplished.

Three cheers for Blu! Hip hip hooray! Everybody now --- FOR HE'S A JOLLY GOOD FELLOW, FOR HE'S A JOLLY GOOD FELLOW!
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

I am so glad I'm not a moderator for PD.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

25. The Following User Says Thank You to RWB For This Useful Post:

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

The moderators shoulda banned his butt long ago simply for incessant and repetitive instigation with fellow fans, but since everything he does falls within the "rules", they can't.

We can't have any productive discussion about the Colts on this forum, simply because of one man. Ruins it. Every post starts off productive, and degrades when Blu takes it over talking about how much the Colts suck and how much Irsay sucks and how we're all homers.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 08-25-2012 at 11:38 AM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Mood

In my opinion he IS outside of the guidelines.

"Depending on the circumstances, if something strikes us as blatantly offensive or clearly an attempt to cause trouble on the forum, we will ban an account."

Quoted directly from the Guidelines post.

In my opinion what he is doing is obviously trying to cause trouble. You could start a thread about disco music and he would make a post about Irsay, the Colts, how much Granger sucks, or one of any of his other themes. Every thread, seriously look down the Colts forum. Every thread has his tripe in it. Every single thread turns into him rehashing the same thing from every other thread. If that's not an attempt at causing trouble I don't know what is. And when the admins warned him, he sits and takes subtle potshots at them in posts in other threads. You can't even enjoy the board. I'm about done with the Colts board here, but then again that's what he wants. He wants to see how many of us he can drive away and it's starting to work.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:

You guys could try discussing things with him and pointing out when he's wrong, ignoring him, or just making jokes. Why get all worked up because Ol Blu thinks the Manning situation was handled wrong? Let him think what he wants to think.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    In my opinion he IS outside of the guidelines.

"Depending on the circumstances, if something strikes us as blatantly offensive or clearly an attempt to cause trouble on the forum, we will ban an account."

Quoted directly from the Guidelines post.

In my opinion what he is doing is obviously trying to cause trouble. You could start a thread about disco music and he would make a post about Irsay, the Colts, how much Granger sucks, or one of any of his other themes. Every thread, seriously look down the Colts forum. Every thread has his tripe in it. Every single thread turns into him rehashing the same thing from every other thread. If that's not an attempt at causing trouble I don't know what is. And when the admins warned him, he sits and takes subtle potshots at them in posts in other threads. You can't even enjoy the board. I'm about done with the Colts board here, but then again that's what he wants. He wants to see how many of us he can drive away and it's starting to work.
    I have no intention of driving anyone away and I would not want that. I also have nothing to do with disco music. I have never said that Granger sucks. I have said many times that he has been our best player. I don't think he is right now but I also said he wouldn't get any better. The Pacers missed the chance to move Granger for something good. He is now vastly overpaid for his talent. Today I even suggested he should end his career as a Pacer but with a much more friendly contract. I just don't think he is anywhere near as good as some of you do and I see him as a defesive liability. It is true that I have no use for Irsay but if you eliminated every Colt fan who feels that way, there would be a lot of seats empty at Lucas Oil Stadium. My only problem with the administrators is that they protect the people they agree with and let them call whatever names they like while I got a reprimand for calling some posters homers. If you are going to enforce something, do it fairly and make it work for all. I will adjust to that. I will resent the other..... ...

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    The moderators shoulda banned his butt long ago simply for incessant and repetitive instigation with fellow fans, but since everything he does falls within the "rules", they can't.

We can't have any productive discussion about the Colts on this forum, simply because of one man. Ruins it. Every post starts off productive, and degrades when Blu takes it over talking about how much the Colts suck and how much Irsay sucks and how we're all homers.
    I think most of us have him on ignore but new posters keep coming to PD and thinking it'll be fun to engage him. No way to stop that as long as he's here. Maybe we could get a software change to ignore posts that quote people on the ignore list.

But I wonder if "ignore" is the wrong strategy. Maybe we should all interact with him. Everyone have the same argument with him in every thread. Sort of a nuclear option to see who survives, PD or the troll.

But that being said, it's obvious that Shade is taking steps. Firing warning shots across his bow. Hopefully our long nightmare will soon be over.

Someone should change the title of this thread. It no longer applies.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    You guys could try discussing things with him and pointing out when he's wrong, ignoring him, or just making jokes. Why get all worked up because Ol Blu thinks the Manning situation was handled wrong? Let him think what he wants to think.
    You can't discuss anything with an irrational person. Ignoring doesn't prevent him from spamming the same thing into every thread. I can certainly let him think what he wants to think, (though he can't seem to give US the same courtesy). It's reminding us in EVERY thread regardless of the topic being discussed that's he problem.