Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Colts Trade - Could be big - Irsay Tweet

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Another Colts Trade - Could be big - Irsay Tweet

There's no way it would be MJD. Hell would freeze over before the Jags traded him within the division. The last thing the Jags want to see is him kick the crap out of them twice a year with a dreaded Colts uni on.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

So did Irsay's tweeting kill it?

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Irsay could be trying to get everyone to think he's after MJD trying to get someone to trade for him and get him out of the division.

Mike Wallace does make some sense though. Outside of Collie going down, it also makes sense because he knows the offense that Arians is bringing in. I really doubt that sending the Steelers a 1st rounder that is likely to be pretty high is on the table though. Wallace is good but he's not top 5 pick good.
    Last edited by travmil; 08-24-2012 at 10:14 AM.

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    TRADE WINDS BLOWING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    https://twitter.com/JimIrsay/status/238658397321445377

I think it could possibly mean Freeney getting traded. I'm def not sold on him with the new defense.
    They will trade him for an old shoe to cut salary and make Jimmy even more money. Irsay is a liar and I wouldn't believe a thing he says..... ...

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    There's no way it would be MJD. Hell would freeze over before the Jags traded him within the division. The last thing the Jags want to see is him kick the crap out of them twice a year with a dreaded Colts uni on.
    Irsay would never pay for MJD. He is trying to dump salaries, not add them. They can lose 16 games or so with or without MJD so why pay for him? ...

Troll Alert!!

olblu, I think your agenda is showing.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    Irsay would never pay for MJD. He is trying to dump salaries, not add them. They can lose 16 games or so with or without MJD so why pay for him? ...
    You really think the Colts would go 0-16 with MJD and Luck? I'll take that bet. Hell, I'll take that bet even if the Colts don't get MJD.

Adding MJD could make us a playoff team. He's a hell of a player and I'd love to have him.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    Mike Wallace
    You can have him.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    You really think the Colts would go 0-16 with MJD and Luck? I'll take that bet. Hell, I'll take that bet even if the Colts don't get MJD.

Adding MJD could make us a playoff team. He's a hell of a player and I'd love to have him.
    I think the Colts will be hard pressed to win more games than they did last year. MJD can't run if the line can't block for him and they certainly can't block. I like him too but it would be silly to take that salary on when you are in rebuild mode. Now he would certainly help a contender.... The Colts are contenders for anything but another number one draft pick. So, to answer your question, I think the Colts will win two or less games this coming year although some upset could get them to three wins. I will be astounded if Luck plays the entire season without missing games with injury. I just hope he doesn't have one that ends his career. That is how bad I think that offensive line really is. The defense will be even worse. They are switching to a 3-4 without the compliment of players to make that system work. I don't buy preseason koolaid where you play your starters longer than the other team to try and get the fans excited. Nothing that happens in preseason, good or bad, means a damn thing. When the regular season starts, Luck will be constantly running for his life. But, don't worry, Irsay will still be lying to us all about doing something big. ...

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Swingman View Post
    Troll Alert!!

I don't have an agenda but I just don't believe that Irsay will bring in a high priced veteran like MJD. He is into pocketing the money, not building a winner..... ...

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Swingman View Post
    Troll Alert!!

It really gets old with people shouting "troll" when you are only trying to look at this team with a critical eye to their strengths and weaknesses..... I think you ****ing homers are the real trolls.... ...

Mood

Vontae Davis.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Coupe For This Useful Post:

Injuries are always a concern, but Luck is a tough kid. Barring a fluke hit, I think he'll be fine.

I don't see the Colts winning any fewer than four games this season. Significantly more if they add Jones-Drew.

I think the Colts will be hard pressed to win more games than they did last year. MJD can't run if the line can't block for him and they certainly can't block. I like him too but it would be silly to take that salary on when you are in rebuild mode. Now he would certainly help a contender.... The Colts are contenders for anything but another number one draft pick. So, to answer your question, I think the Colts will win two or less games this coming year although some upset could get them to three wins. I will be astounded if Luck plays the entire season without missing games with injury. I just hope he doesn't have one that ends his career. That is how bad I think that offensive line really is. The defense will be even worse. They are switching to a 3-4 without the compliment of players to make that system work. I don't buy preseason koolaid where you play your starters longer than the other team to try and get the fans excited. Nothing that happens in preseason, good or bad, means a damn thing. When the regular season starts, Luck will be constantly running for his life. But, don't worry, Irsay will still be lying to us all about doing something big. ...

Jim Irsay ‏@JimIrsay

Things r still n play,deal may just go down this weekend,time will tell,but then there's the WaiverWire monitoring..improvement,opportunity!
    link

It's easy to call "troll" when you make an outlandish statement such as "They can lose 16 games or so with or without MJD so why pay for him?"

It really gets old with people shouting "troll" when you are only trying to look at this team with a critical eye to their strengths and weaknesses..... I think you ****ing homers are the real trolls.... ...

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Injuries are always a concern, but Luck is a tough kid. Barring a fluke hit, I think he'll be fine.

I don't see the Colts winning any fewer than four games this season. Significantly more if they add Jones-Drew.
    Well, I disagree with you so I guess I am supposed to just call you a troll! I agree that he is tough but rookie QBs playing behind really bad lines get hit hard and they get hurt....... ... At least you aren't predicting 10 to 13 wins and a trip to the AFC finals like some posters here.....

I don't have an agenda but I just don't believe that Irsay will bring in a high priced veteran like MJD. He is into pocketing the money, not building a winner..... ...
    So constantly blabbering about how evil Irsay is on this forum is not being a troll? Do you even understand the definition of a troll?

troll
    One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument

We get it. You think the Colts suck and you hate Irsay.

Trolling has nothing to do with disagreement and much to do with hiding behind strawman arguments.

You've already made your opinion about Luck, Irsay, and the Colts blatantly clear, so I really don't see what you're trying to accomplish at this point other than dragging down each thread with the same schtick.

Well, I disagree with you so I guess I am supposed to just call you a troll! I agree that he is tough but rookie QBs playing behind really bad lines get hit hard and they get hurt....... ... At least you aren't predicting 10 to 13 wins and a trip to the AFC finals like some posters here.....

21. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Mood

I don't get what you mean by "pocketing the money." Do you mean he's deliberately not putting the team in a position to try and win? Because he could have totally done that by not drafting Luck, or Manning for that matter. I'm not quite sure what you're trying to get at with saying this. It's not like he's a cheapskate who doesn't spend money on the team. Peyton Manning had a huge contract. Bob Sanders had a huge contract. Dwight Freeney has a huge contract.

Also what do you mean he's not trying to build a winner? The Colts won the Superbowl in 2006 and got to the Superbowl in 2010. Was that an accident?

Are you implying that something nefarious is happening like he's cooking the books or something?

Marge Schott, Mike Brown, Donald Sterling - Have you ever heard of these names and do you think Irsay compares? I don't think Irsay is the greatest owner, but you certainly make him sound like the worst, and he is definitely not that.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CompACE For This Useful Post:

blu- put your money where your mouth is. I guarantee we win more than 2 games. I propose this bet: if the Colts win more than two games, you can't post on the Colts section anymore. If the Colts win 2 games or less, I will leave PD forever!
    David "And One" West

Quote Originally Posted by CompACE View Post
    I don't get what you mean by "pocketing the money."
    He knows all that. He's just being contrary to get a reaction. And he's succeeding. The Colts are up against the cap, just like always. They spend as much as they're allowed to.

It was nice when this thread was about an exciting big trade, even if I don't want it to happen. Those were a good few hours.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Strummer For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    blu- put your money where your mouth is. I guarantee we win more than 2 games. I propose this bet: if the Colts win more than two games, you can't post on the Colts section anymore. If the Colts win 2 games or less, I will leave PD forever!
    Now why should I do that. I have one for you, if the Colts win four or less games, you disappear but we know you won't. The Colts are not as good as last year but they might get lucky and win three games. That is ten less than some of you homers are predicting.... ...

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by CompACE View Post
    I don't get what you mean by "pocketing the money." Do you mean he's deliberately not putting the team in a position to try and win? Because he could have totally done that by not drafting Luck, or Manning for that matter. I'm not quite sure what you're trying to get at with saying this. It's not like he's a cheapskate who doesn't spend money on the team. Peyton Manning had a huge contract. Bob Sanders had a huge contract. Dwight Freeney has a huge contract.

Also what do you mean he's not trying to build a winner? The Colts won the Superbowl in 2006 and got to the Superbowl in 2010. Was that an accident?

Are you implying that something nefarious is happening like he's cooking the books or something?

Marge Schott, Mike Brown, Donald Sterling - Have you ever heard of these names and do you think Irsay compares? I don't think Irsay is the greatest owner, but you certainly make him sound like the worst, and he is definitely not that.
    No, that was Peyton Manning and Irsay was fortunate to have him. That ended 36 years of futility and a lot of that was under an Irsay watch. I do think he is the worst, he is a liar. He lies to keep people spending money and you homers eat all of his crap right up. I think Irsay is about equal to those folks you mentioned. I think Marge won some world series and Brown and Sterling always make money because they don't have to field a winning team. Peyton Manning made a lot of people look very smart. He is getting ready to do that again for Elway..... ...

Regardless of a deal. I just hope the Colts get lucky with a player or two that get waived.
    With the #3 pick in the 2015 draft, your Indiana Pacers!

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

Mood

I don't know why the admins don't just get it over with and ban him. When EVERY SINGLE THREAD turns into the exact same thing regardless of the topic it started with, something is wrong. We all know where it's going.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post: