Page 7 of 68 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Thread: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

[QUOTE=OlBlu;1496352]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

I hated Irsay and his father long before Jimmy cut Peyton. Did you watch Peyton against the 49ers today? Typical Peyton, he played one quarter, three possessions, 2 TDs and a FG, 10-12 passing, 122 yds and 2 TD passes. He didn't look washed up to me. Precision passes with lots of zip, even the sideline outs.... Luck may never have a quarter like that in his whole career........

Why would it matter if we still had Manning? It's not like the line would give him any more time.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    Dear mods, here it is again, hard headed and dense. Did this guy get an infraction? I am sure he didn't. If he did not, get off of my case....
    I've NEVER had a problem with you like many other posters, but if so many people are hating on you and what not, why do you continue to come back and get into so many arguments. You've made it known, you don't think Luck is very good, you don't think the Pacers are very good, etc etc. This is a Pacers (and Colts) FAN site. Though there are many heated disagreements about certain things, nobody (Vnzla included) is quite as negative and confrontational as you seem to be a lot of the time. This is why so many individuals have an issue with you, because this is supposed to be a FAN site where fans of these teams discuss the happenings of what's going on with their teams. This isn't really a place to talk ish and be negative about these teams, their players, their FO, their fans, etc.

Again, I don't have an issue with you at all. We've disagreed on many things, but we've agreed on a few things as well. A big reason why I like this site so much is because there are so many varying opinions about my fave teams, and professional sports in general. BUT it's painfully obvious a lot of the times that you really dont like these teams nor their players very much, so why be a part of their FAN site and spend the entire time defending yourself and your opinions? Just doesn't seem worth it to me I guess.

Banned
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Andrew Luck is second in passing yards per game (171.3; Matt Ryan's tops at 183 ypg) in the preseason, and has the Colts second in passing yards per game (289.3). I'd say he's pretty comfortably outplayed RGIII thus far. 64.3 passing yards per game for Griffin... ouch.

For those interest in how all the rookie QB's are doing: NFL Stats :: Rookie Quarterbacks (Preseason)

Chandler Harnish has 51 more passing yards than Griffin.
    Last edited by Lance George; 08-27-2012 at 07:10 AM.

I had originally said I would have taken Griffin over Luck and it's still only the 1st quarter of the season but Griffin is already 7/7 for 123yds 1td. And go figure he's thrown to Garcon 4 times for 4 catches 103yds 1td. Looks like it could be a pretty good combo.

Still plenty of time for Luck to be great and Griffin to suck but that's as strong of start as you'll get.
    Last edited by TOP; 09-09-2012 at 01:38 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to TOP For This Useful Post:

Make that 10/11 155yds 2tds

Skins already have 17 points in the first 2 minutes of the 2nd quarter. Crazy.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to TOP For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

well the Saints defense compared the the Bears defense...

Griffin clearly had the better first game, but I'm still confident Luck will be the better QB when all is said and done. Even though Luck had a less-than-stellar first outing, he did put up over 300 yards against a quality defense.

Luck had a better week 2. Luck is very consistent, RG3 needs to show that. He has explosive play, but he needs to manage games better
    Smothered Chicken!

Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    Luck had a better week 2. Luck is very consistent, RG3 needs to show that. He has explosive play, but he needs to manage games better
    In What way is Luck consistent? He had a pretty bad outing against the Bears whereas RGIII has played pretty well in both games thus far. No matter how any of us want to play it, but when you look solely at their play, without adding other factors, Griffin has outplayed Luck through the first two games of the year.

It doesn't mean anything at this point though. We're only two games in--lets look at these two at the end of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    In What way is Luck consistent? He had a pretty bad outing against the Bears whereas RGIII has played pretty well in both games thus far. No matter how any of us want to play it, but when you look solely at their play, without adding other factors, Griffin has outplayed Luck through the first two games of the year.

It doesn't mean anything at this point though. We're only two games in--lets look at these two at the end of the year.
    What in the world...?

Luck was not bad christ some of you people want him to come in here and act if he was the second coming of Peyton Manning well i got news for ya its gonna take time.

and luck and rg3 are on par now

RG3 had a better week one
    Luck had a better week two.

look at the numbers.
    Counting down the days untill DJ Augustin's contract expires.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotiq View Post
    What in the world...?

Luck was not bad christ some of you people want him to come in here and act if he was the second coming of Peyton Manning well i got news for ya its gonna take time.

and luck and rg3 are on par now

RG3 had a better week one
    Luck had a better week two.

look at the numbers.
    Let me rephrase..Luck's looked good, and he was masterful against the Vikings. I hope that the coaches find a happy medium of pass attempts between the aggressive, pass happy game plan vs the bears, and the ball control/conservative approach to the Bears game.

BUT...

4 turnovers is a bad outing. I didn't say I expected Peyton Manning, I'm not that unrealistic. But whether you're a rookie, or an 8 yr vet, 4 turnovers for a QB with is a BAD game.

And look at the numbers: Griffin had a 69% completion percentage, accounted for 3 TD's last week. Yes Luck posted a better QB rating in week 2 (head to head) but even Griffin's "subpar" game was pretty darn good, whereas Luck's good game wasn't as good as Griffin's performance against the Saints.

Don't get it confused, I'm not a Griffin fan, nor do I think he will ultimately be better than Luck; but so far through 2 games, he's out played Luck.

He has less turnovers, more TD's (combined), higher completion percentage, higher YPA. -- THOSE are the numbers.

How can anyone reasonably argue any different?

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Luck still displays traits that lead me to believe he's the better long-term QB.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Why can't they both be great long term? I don't get the idea that it has to be either or. Beyond that RG3 has the benefit of being supported by an actual running game and a competent O-line.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

I would agree 100%. Also, I think Griffin takes far too many hits for him to be able to be healthy for the rest of his career.

You put Luck on the Redskins, and I think they are easily a playoff team. That offense and style is PERFECT for Luck. (even though his deep ball isn't as good as Griffin's) whereas if you put RGIII on the Colts, I don't think we are any better.

ALLL I WAS SAYING..is through two games, Griffin has played better than Luck.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Why can't they both be great long term? I don't get the idea that it has to be either or. Beyond that RG3 has the benefit of being supported by an actual running game and a competent O-line.
    Never said they both won't be great. Said Luck already is and will remain --- better.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yea, he's been getting torn up on the ESPN boards haha.... can't be complaining about the physicality of the NFL after only your 2nd game. You know opposing defenses are going to focus on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    Yea, he's been getting torn up on the ESPN boards haha.... can't be complaining about the physicality of the NFL after only your 2nd game. You know opposing defenses are going to focus on that.
    Well his career proves that he won't get hurt.. HA!

I bet they were taking some cheapshots on him. Thats the entire game plan against Vick and they are doing the same against RG3. But you can't complain about it in your second game.

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    I bet they were taking some cheapshots on him. Thats the entire game plan against Vick and they are doing the same against RG3. But you can't complain about it in your second game.
    That's the way to play against a running QB. As soon as he tucks that ball and starts running, he's not a QB anymore (until they slide - wimps). Fair game - just as a running back. There were 0 penalties called on any of the plays he might be referring to. Sure, these bozo-replacement refs could have missed 1 or 2, but if there really was any 'extracurricular' stuff going on, the refs would have been aware of it and looking for it.

He's going to get hit. He's going to get hit hard. He needs to learn either 1) to take it or 2) STFU. Anyone think that any players from the Bengals are going to check up before hitting him this weekend ?? This might just get them going a little bit more. It's a man's game. These guys are bigger, stronger and faster than guys he played against in college. They're working to make a living. Getting a clean hit on the opposing QB is money in the bank for them. Maybe he should wear some super-hero socks so he can survive the hits. Or pink lace ones.

I rambled - you're absolutely right. Game #2 of your career isn't the time to be mouthing off about things. And by the time one has proven them self in the league to be in a position to complain, they'll be old enough and mature enough to understand that one says nothing about it to the media.

Well I don't think he's talking about when he is running. But rather some of the questionable hits after a throw. I didn't see the Skins game, I'm just going off what I see with Vick because its probably similar. Just hit Vick is the gameplan. But you can't complain after the second game because you don't have the respect yet so nothing will change in the refs eyes. And the opponent will just come harder now knowing how RG3 feels.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

They really need to use RGIII as a traditional QB with his arm. He really doesn't need to run. I would use the run for surprise plays not as part of the regular offense.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    They really need to use RGIII as a traditional QB with his arm. He really doesn't need to run. I would use the run for surprise plays not as part of the regular offense.
    Once a running/scrambling/option QB, always a running/scrambling/option QB. I can only recall Warren Moon and maybe Steve Young as that type of QB that transformed into a solid pocket passer.

Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    Once a running/scrambling/option QB, always a running/scrambling/option QB. I can only recall Warren Moon and maybe Steve Young as that type of QB that transformed into a solid pocket passer.
    ..and those guys had great careers. RGIII could be that type of QB but he will not make it that far if he's injured/worn from running the ball. Those guys don't have long careers and generally not that much success.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Defenses clamp down in the playoffs, that's why high-flying offenses and option QBs generally just don't go far, because it's a lot harder to execute those plays in the playoffs against playoff defenses. THey rock out during the regular season, put up a huge amount of stats, but if you want post-season success, you need to go another direction. Peyton didn't win his first championship until they went almost west-coast offense style. They had a lot less deep plays that year, it was a lot of short passes and dumps in the flat and run plays for short gains that kept the chains moving.