Page 51 of 68 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 1692

Thread: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

  1. #1251
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings. Looks at how the Colts are ranked higher than the Redskins and how they're saying Luck is the best rookie in the NFL
    Then they are the only ones saying that. Everyone I have seen says RGIII. It will go back and forth like that. When Luck loses and RGIII wins it will be RGIII.
    When it is the other way around, it will be Luck. But I have watched both and it isn't even close..... RGIII......

  2. #1252
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Luck's better
    I could send you links to a hundred article that say your are wrong. The stats say you are wrong.....

  3. #1253
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would have thought since Ol Blu had those tickets he would have noticed not everyone was wearing a #18 jersey. Ton of Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clark, Freeney, Sanders, Brackett, Saturday, Harrison, Edge, Addai, and on and on jerseys too. The current fan base is so much different than when the Mayflower trucks pulled up. My first son was born a week before the Colts first training camp in Anderson and my second boy three years later. They're both out of college, married, and never miss watching a game.

    Oh by the way.... another sell out this week for the Andrew Luck led Indianapolis Colts. Yep those mediocre Colt fans bailed like crazy now didn't they.

    I don't wear jerseys but if I did, it would be Luck's.... I would still wear 18 and I'll be there are still a lot of those at the games. If not that then Reggie Wayne's number. He is having a superstar season and bailing out Luck's ***.....

  4. #1254
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How is Griffin a phenom? He has the same number of TD passes and fewer passing yards than Luck despite having played in more games.

    Oh and there is the fact Griffin's team is 3-5 and in LAST place while the Colts are 4-3 and would make the playoffs if they started today.

    How sad is it that OlButt has to resort to claiming that Griffin is a better QB because of the number of commercials he has appeared in?

    It is good to see that some things never change and you are still calling people names and showing off you IU IQ......

  5. #1255
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,846

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Then they are the only ones saying that. Everyone I have seen says RGIII. It will go back and forth like that. When Luck loses and RGIII wins it will be RGIII.
    When it is the other way around, it will be Luck. But I have watched both and it isn't even close..... RGIII......
    That's because you only click on links that contain "RG3". And even when you read something good for Luck, your mind completely doesn't register it. It's called selective attention and memory.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  6. #1256

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I could send you links to a hundred article that say your are wrong. The stats say you are wrong.....
    Since you offered, I would really like to see the hundreds of articles. We've already seen the one from Peter King so the next 99 will suffice.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to bunt For This Useful Post:


  8. #1257

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I could send you links to a hundred article that say your are wrong. The stats say you are wrong.....
    Oh and another thing, advanced statistics say that Luck is having the better season. But other statistics say RG3 is having a better season. Some people say Luck is better. Other people say RG3 is better. And around and around we go....

  9. #1258

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Then they are the only ones saying that. Everyone I have seen says RGIII. It will go back and forth like that. When Luck loses and RGIII wins it will be RGIII.
    When it is the other way around, it will be Luck. But I have watched both and it isn't even close..... RGIII......
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/m...didates-102912

    NFL OFFENSIVE ROOKIE OF THE YEAR: Andrew Luck, Quarterback, Indianapolis Colts
    Robert Griffin III has been a revelation in the nation’s capital and the subject of nearly as many marketing campaigns as Peyton “Papa John” Manning, but Luck’s my rookie of the year at the midway point of the season. If the playoffs were to start this weekend, the Colts — a team that went 2-14 a year ago — would be one of the AFC’s two wild card teams. He’s already led the Colts to three late fourth quarter or overtime wins and he’s the leader in a locker room full of veterans. The No. 1 overall pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, he’s led the Colts to the highest winning percentage (.571) by a rookie quarterback who was a No. 1 overall pick through Week 8 in NFL history. He’s the man in Indy. And it didn’t take long
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:


  11. #1259
    THE WITCH IS DEAD!!! Coopdog23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Bank
    Posts
    3,170

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Then they are the only ones saying that. Everyone I have seen says RGIII. It will go back and forth like that. When Luck loses and RGIII wins it will be RGIII.
    When it is the other way around, it will be Luck. But I have watched both and it isn't even close..... RGIII......
    Everyone meaning you
    Smothered Chicken!

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Coopdog23 For This Useful Post:


  13. #1260

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/m...didates-102912

    NFL OFFENSIVE ROOKIE OF THE YEAR: Andrew Luck, Quarterback, Indianapolis Colts
    Robert Griffin III has been a revelation in the nation’s capital and the subject of nearly as many marketing campaigns as Peyton “Papa John” Manning, but Luck’s my rookie of the year at the midway point of the season. If the playoffs were to start this weekend, the Colts — a team that went 2-14 a year ago — would be one of the AFC’s two wild card teams. He’s already led the Colts to three late fourth quarter or overtime wins and he’s the leader in a locker room full of veterans. The No. 1 overall pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, he’s led the Colts to the highest winning percentage (.571) by a rookie quarterback who was a No. 1 overall pick through Week 8 in NFL history. He’s the man in Indy. And it didn’t take long
    But that can't be! Everyone is saying it should be RG3! Olblu said so!

  14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bunt For This Useful Post:


  15. #1261
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,873

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Then they are the only ones saying that. Everyone I have seen says RGIII. It will go back and forth like that. When Luck loses and RGIII wins it will be RGIII.
    When it is the other way around, it will be Luck. But I have watched both and it isn't even close..... RGIII......
    Maybe you should stop wearing those sunglasses.

  16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:


  17. #1262
    Member RWB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,352

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    I think we got it figured out... Ol Blu is actually the one hit wonder Cory Hart.

    I wear my sunglasses at night, so I can, so I can
    Watch you weave then breathe your story lines
    And I wear my sunglasses at night, so I can, so I can
    Keep track of visions in my eyes

    "Don't switch the blade on the guy in shades, oh no
    Don't masquerade with the guy in shades, oh no, I can't believe it
    'Cause you got it made with the guy in shades, oh no
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

  18. #1263
    Member spazzxb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    fort wayne In
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think we got it figured out... Ol Blu is actually the one hit wonder Cory Hart.

    I wear my sunglasses at night, so I can, so I can
    Watch you weave then breathe your story lines
    And I wear my sunglasses at night, so I can, so I can
    Keep track of visions in my eyes

    "Don't switch the blade on the guy in shades, oh no
    Don't masquerade with the guy in shades, oh no, I can't believe it
    'Cause you got it made with the guy in shades, oh no
    I missed that "hit". :-) the sad thing is the name encourages me to say "that's my boy blue" but the poster ruins the name.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

  19. #1264
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,846

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Then they are the only ones saying that. Everyone I have seen says RGIII. It will go back and forth like that. When Luck loses and RGIII wins it will be RGIII.
    When it is the other way around, it will be Luck. But I have watched both and it isn't even close..... RGIII......
    And for the past two weeks, Luck has won while RG3 has lost.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:


  21. #1265
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,554

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/m...didates-102912

    NFL OFFENSIVE ROOKIE OF THE YEAR: Andrew Luck, Quarterback, Indianapolis Colts
    Robert Griffin III has been a revelation in the nation’s capital and the subject of nearly as many marketing campaigns as Peyton “Papa John” Manning, but Luck’s my rookie of the year at the midway point of the season. If the playoffs were to start this weekend, the Colts — a team that went 2-14 a year ago — would be one of the AFC’s two wild card teams. He’s already led the Colts to three late fourth quarter or overtime wins and he’s the leader in a locker room full of veterans. The No. 1 overall pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, he’s led the Colts to the highest winning percentage (.571) by a rookie quarterback who was a No. 1 overall pick through Week 8 in NFL history. He’s the man in Indy. And it didn’t take long
    You forgot another part:

    EXECUTIVE OF THE YEAR: Ryan Grigson, General Manager, Indianapolis Colts

    A football lifer, Grigson’s done a tremendous job in his first season as the Colts’ GM. In hiring Chuck Pagano, Greg Manusky, and Bruce Arians, he brought in the right coaches to right the ship. In Andrew Luck, he drafted the right man to lead the franchise into the future. In keeping veterans Robert Mathis, Dwight Freeney, and Reggie Wayne — he ensured the transition from the Manning to Luck era wouldn’t be as drastic as imagined. A+ job from Grigson.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  22. #1266
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    6,521

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You forgot another part:

    EXECUTIVE OF THE YEAR: Ryan Grigson, General Manager, Indianapolis Colts

    A football lifer, Grigson’s done a tremendous job in his first season as the Colts’ GM. In hiring Chuck Pagano, Greg Manusky, and Bruce Arians, he brought in the right coaches to right the ship. In Andrew Luck, he drafted the right man to lead the franchise into the future. In keeping veterans Robert Mathis, Dwight Freeney, and Reggie Wayne — he ensured the transition from the Manning to Luck era wouldn’t be as drastic as imagined. A+ job from Grigson.
    This is all well and good, but we still have another half of the season for everything to play out. I agree, we're doing a MUCH better job than ANY of us anticipated. But if we somehow lost the rest of the games this year lol we can't exactly rub all the positive news for the Colts in the face of doubters.

  23. #1267
    Member Swingman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    34
    Posts
    726

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is all well and good, but we still have another half of the season for everything to play out. I agree, we're doing a MUCH better job than ANY of us anticipated. But if we somehow lost the rest of the games this year lol we can't exactly rub all the positive news for the Colts in the face of doubters.
    True, but 4 wins is already twice as many wins as some doubters predicted.

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to Swingman For This Useful Post:


  25. #1268

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...on-manning-had

    "Andrew Luck winning more with less than Peyton Manning had"

    stay salty OlBlue : D

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to Pace Maker For This Useful Post:


  27. #1269
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Franklin
    Posts
    415
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Then they are the only ones saying that. Everyone I have seen says RGIII. It will go back and forth like that. When Luck loses and RGIII wins it will be RGIII.
    When it is the other way around, it will be Luck. But I have watched both and it isn't even close..... RGIII......
    As crazy as OlBlu is, I think he is right in that RGIII currently LOOKS better than Luck. His passes are more accurate and he looks just as poised in the pocket. When you ACTUALLY sit down and watch all the games, RGIII is more impressive so far. Keep in mind that he is not in an entirely new system like Luck. This is Shenanigan's 3rd season while the Colts have a new GM, 2 new head coaches, new schemes, etc. The situations are not identical. RGIII is in an offense that does not rely on him to shoulder the load nearly as much as Luck. Like many others have stated though, I think Luck will win the "QB war" over time due to the following:

    1) Luck is the more cerebral QB. He is ready to move to 100% no huddle. His only hurdle is that his rookie team members are not there yet. He looks identical to Manning his rookie season, only with less weapons.
    2) RGIII is in a MUCH tougher division(and Conference). Luck will have a better winning percentage due to an easier schedule.
    3) RGIII is more injury prone. RGIII is reluctant to slide or shy away from contact. Watch him run. He's already had 1 concussion. Luck runs, but he prioritizes his safety over yardage.

    Both QBs have played as advertised this season and if they continue at this pace, they will both go into the books as two of the best rookie seasons ever.

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to Jessen For This Useful Post:


  29. #1270
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jessen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As crazy as OlBlu is, I think he is right in that RGIII currently LOOKS better than Luck. His passes are more accurate and he looks just as poised in the pocket. When you ACTUALLY sit down and watch all the games, RGIII is more impressive so far. Keep in mind that he is not in an entirely new system like Luck. This is Shenanigan's 3rd season while the Colts have a new GM, 2 new head coaches, new schemes, etc. The situations are not identical. RGIII is in an offense that does not rely on him to shoulder the load nearly as much as Luck. Like many others have stated though, I think Luck will win the "QB war" over time due to the following:

    1) Luck is the more cerebral QB. He is ready to move to 100% no huddle. His only hurdle is that his rookie team members are not there yet. He looks identical to Manning his rookie season, only with less weapons.
    2) RGIII is in a MUCH tougher division(and Conference). Luck will have a better winning percentage due to an easier schedule.
    3) RGIII is more injury prone. RGIII is reluctant to slide or shy away from contact. Watch him run. He's already had 1 concussion. Luck runs, but he prioritizes his safety over yardage.

    Both QBs have played as advertised this season and if they continue at this pace, they will both go into the books as two of the best rookie seasons ever.
    I think this offense is almost identical to the one that Luck played in college.
    I don't belive 2. I think they will be about the same or RGIII will have the advantage...
    I also do not believe three....

  30. #1271
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pace Maker View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...on-manning-had

    "Andrew Luck winning more with less than Peyton Manning had"

    stay salty OlBlue : D
    Yes, he is but that too will come to an end.....

  31. #1272
    Next stop June 2015
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    16,083

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think this offense is almost identical to the one that Luck played in college.
    I don't belive 2. I think they will be about the same or RGIII will have the advantage...
    I also do not believe three....
    #3 is a fact, Jack. RGIII will have to adjust his game because he will get knocked out cold one of these days. Maybe prior to the end of this season. OTOH, the Colts better work on their O-Line at every turn. They don't want Luck to get beat up because quite frankly he's as talented as Elway and Manning and you don't want him getting injured.

  32. #1273
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,846

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    RG3 already *was* knocked out cold... not that I'm jubilant about that... just making an observation.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  33. #1274
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Franklin
    Posts
    415
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think this offense is almost identical to the one that Luck played in college.
    I don't belive 2. I think they will be about the same or RGIII will have the advantage...
    I also do not believe three....
    While the Colt's system may be similar, the team is in a very delicate situation. There are a ton of "rebuilding" elements that apply to the Colts that do not apply to the Redskins. You can water it down all you like, but the situation in Washington is more friendly for a rookie QB than in Indianapolis.

    2) Are you saying that the NFC East is not better than the AFC South? Or that the NFC is not better than the AFC this year? Or that RGIII and the Redskins will have a better winning percentage out of sheer talent?
    3) I'm not sure how you can possibly believe this if you have watched both of them play. Griffin already has 1 concussion under his belt and was extremely lucky not to receive one on that stupid play last week when he went out as a wide receiver.

    Aslo...I try to throw you an olive branch and you **** all over it. Lol.

  34. #1275
    Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Richmond, IN
    Age
    24
    Posts
    15,669

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    RG3 already *was* knocked out cold... not that I'm jubilant about that... just making an observation.
    But Luck is going to get killed and isn't durable....

    Go RGIII, 2012 NFL MVP.....
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions





Similar Threads

  1. Luck is being sued.
    By Coupe in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-24-2012, 12:39 PM
  2. Luck vs. RG3
    By Kid Minneapolis in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 165
    Last Post: 04-04-2012, 05:52 PM
  3. Luck's first commercial
    By RWB in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-15-2012, 12:21 PM
  4. Wish me luck...
    By Hicks in forum Market Square (General Non-Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-17-2007, 04:07 AM
  5. With this luck...
    By Jesus Shuttlesworth in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-29-2005, 01:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •