Page 50 of 68 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 1692

Thread: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

  1. #1226
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,837

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    He's pretty good, but I would bet on "hype" more than "phenom" and I'm betting time proves me right.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  2. #1227
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,837

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Here's a lil' tidbit:

    If you take out each teams first game, the Colts are 4-2 since. The 'Skins are 2-5. That loss in week 1 by the Colts was on the road to a 6-1 Bears team who looks like a SB contender, while the 'Skins beat up on a pretty bad Saints team that is currently 2-5.

    Funny how 1 game can make things look so different, but also kinda puts things into perspective.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 10-30-2012 at 01:23 PM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:


  4. #1228
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,837

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Colts are #15 in new Power Rankings.

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings/_/year/2012/week/9
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:


  6. #1229
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    17,756

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Colts are #15 in new Power Rankings.

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings/_/year/2012/week/9

    They are 12 on CBS sportsline. More importantly, they are the feature story:

    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/2...ally-this-guys

  7. #1230
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's pretty good, but I would bet on "hype" more than "phenom" and I'm betting time proves me right.
    And I am betting it doesn't.....

  8. #1231
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,357

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They are 12 on CBS sportsline. More importantly, they are the feature story:

    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/2...ally-this-guys
    It's really remarkable where they're at right now. This is a team who, outside of one position (admittedly the most important by far), is actually worse across the board than a team who had to wait until week 15 to get a win last year.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:


  10. #1232
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,941

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by Swingman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not sure how you quantify that.
    It is hard to quantify for sure. However I agree with him I actually think Redskins fans are a bit extreme almost on this stupid side at times most fans, myself included, should have cut ties long-ago with all of Daniel Snyder's crap. However Fantz come from all over even from the Carolinas in Pittsburgh.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to vapacersfan For This Useful Post:


  12. #1233
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,941

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    PS I hope all fared well during the storm OB I hope you are doing well we got hit kind of hard but at least we have power now

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to vapacersfan For This Useful Post:


  14. #1234
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    PS I hope all fared well during the storm OB I hope you are doing well we got hit kind of hard but at least we have power now
    I am about 20 miles south of Fredericksburg at an RV campground and nothing happened. Steady rain for two days but no big wind or anything. I did have an appoinment cancel tomorrow because of snow in the Shenandoah mountains.... Thanks for the thoughts. Power never went off here but I have an onboard generator and I was good for a week if I had to...

  15. #1235
    Member spazzxb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    fort wayne In
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's really remarkable where they're at right now. This is a team who, outside of one position (admittedly the most important by far), is actually worse across the board than a team who had to wait until week 15 to get a win last year.
    We are a tad better at RB and improved our TE's. That's about it. Our line backers are pretty good to now that Angers is back

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

  16. #1236
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,837

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It is hard to quantify for sure. However I agree with him I actually think Redskins fans are a bit extreme almost on this stupid side at times most fans, myself included, should have cut ties long-ago with all of Daniel Snyder's crap. However Fantz come from all over even from the Carolinas in Pittsburgh.
    Colts fans get quite a bit of crap from other fanbases about our "fandom" for a few reasons, most of which isn't terribly justified:

    1) We're not a huge market. There's a large reason why 'Skins have a huge fanbase --- for many many years, they were the only regional NFL football team for a massive region of the south. DC is also a huge population.
    2) The Colts haven't been here as long as a lot of other clubs, including the 'Skins who have been in DC since 1937. The Colts were moved here in the 80s when basketball ruled the world, and then proceeded to be a really, really bad team for a decade.
    3) Our fans aren't "nuts" or "crazy" like some other demographics, at least for the most part. I mean from what I've seen, we don't pull the same crap a place like, say, Philly does. I've heard a lot of people from other states claim that going to a game in Indy is laid back and pleasant.... well that's because most of us are actually pretty laid back and pleasant in general, compared to a lot of other places. I don't really know why that is.

    All that said, had this claim been made 10 years ago, I'd have to agree. Football had yet to really take hold here. But now? Football is a pretty damn big deal in the state of Indiana. Manning had a ton to do with that, but honestly, just having a successful team for an extended period of time is what this state needed to get behind them. Even when Harbaugh had his run in '95, this state jumped all over the Colts. I know what most people are doin on a Sunday afternoon. We may not be as crazy as some other fan bases, but I'm not sure we're any less "passionate" *now* than any other fan base.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 10-30-2012 at 03:01 PM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:


  18. #1237
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Colts fans get quite a bit of crap from other fanbases about our "fandom" for a few reasons, most of which isn't terribly justified:

    1) We're not a huge market. There's a large reason why 'Skins have a huge fanbase --- for many many years, they were the only regional NFL football team for a massive region of the south. DC is also a huge population.
    2) The Colts haven't been here as long as a lot of other clubs, including the 'Skins who have been in DC since 1937. The Colts were moved here in the 80s when basketball ruled the world, and then proceeded to be a really, really bad team for a decade.
    3) Our fans aren't "nuts" or "crazy" like some other demographics, at least for the most part. I mean from what I've seen, we don't pull the same crap a place like, say, Philly does. I've heard a lot of people from other states claim that going to a game in Indy is laid back and pleasant.... well that's because most of us are actually pretty laid back and pleasant in general, compared to a lot of other places.

    All that said, had this claim been made 10 years ago, I'd have to agree. Football had yet to really take hold here. But now? Football is a pretty damn big deal in the state of Indiana. Manning had a ton to do with that, but honestly, just having a successful team for an extended period of time is what this state needed to get behind them. Even when Harbaugh had his run in '95, this state jumped all over the Colts. I know what most people are doin on a Sunday afternoon. We may not be as crazy as some other fan bases, but I'm not sure we're any less "passionate" *now* than any other fan base.
    Manning had a lot to do with that? You are in the house that Manning built and if had not been for Peyton Manning, the Colts would be in LA right now...

  19. #1238
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,837

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Manning had a lot to do with that? You are in the house that Manning built and if had not been for Peyton Manning, the Colts would be in LA right now...
    Yea... I said that.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  20. #1239
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yea... I said that.
    No, you did not....

  21. #1240
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,837

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, you did not....
    I said Manning had a ton to do with it. You're merely concurring with me and extrapolating onto my thought. I agree with you btw.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  22. #1241
    Member Swingman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    34
    Posts
    726

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    why argue with someone that is just splitting hairs?

    There was not enough Manning worship in your post for Olblu so he had to add a little lol

  23. #1242
    THE WITCH IS DEAD!!! Coopdog23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Bank
    Posts
    3,163

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Hey he led a game tying drive in regulation and a game winning drive in OT. Can you say clutch? Yes you can
    Smothered Chicken!

  24. #1243
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I said Manning had a ton to do with it. You're merely concurring with me and extrapolating onto my thought. I agree with you btw.
    No, you did not say that and I didn't extrapolate anything. You purposely downplayed the Manning factor with your Andrew Luck worship. I wonder if Lucas Oil Stadium would have even been built if the people arranged the finances had known that Peyton would be cut from this team and discared like yesterday's rubbish?
    Last edited by OlBlu; 10-30-2012 at 07:03 PM.

  25. #1244
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    17,756

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Every Colts fan knows that Manning is the main reason why we got popular. But I think that when all is said and done, most of these people will remain Colts fans. I see very strong Colts support in Indy and it makes me very happy. If the size of our fanbase hinged on a player who can't play forever then we don't deserve a team. But I don't think it does.

  26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  27. #1245
    Member hoosierguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,815

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    How is Griffin a phenom? He has the same number of TD passes and fewer passing yards than Luck despite having played in more games.

    Oh and there is the fact Griffin's team is 3-5 and in LAST place while the Colts are 4-3 and would make the playoffs if they started today.

    How sad is it that OlButt has to resort to claiming that Griffin is a better QB because of the number of commercials he has appeared in?

  28. #1246
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,837

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, you did not say that and I didn't extrapolate anything. You purposely downplayed the Manning factor with your Andrew Luck worship. I wonder if Lucas Oil Stadium would have even been built if the people arranged the finances had known that Peyton would be cut from this team and discared like yesterday's rubbish?
    No I didn't, I've posted Mannings praise here since I joined in 2004, there are few bigger Manning fans than myself. Just because I didn't extoll my feelings about Manning in that one post doesn't mean I don't appreciate everything he's done. I'm sorry if you've missed all my pro-Manning posts over the years, but you clearly don't know what you're saying. I've got about 7 Peyton Manning authentic NFL pictures hanging on the walls of my man cave and a box of Peyton O's cereal sitting on my shelf along with many other pieces of Manning memorabilia. Unlike you, I'm capable of appreciating both Peyton Manning AND Andrew Luck.

    Hell, I said Manning went a long way towards changing the culture of Indiana football, and you're arguing with me... I don't get it. There's not a single person more important to Indiana football than Peyton Manning, I've never said otherwise.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 10-30-2012 at 09:32 PM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  29. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:


  30. #1247
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How is Griffin a phenom? He has the same number of TD passes and fewer passing yards than Luck despite having played in more games.

    Oh and there is the fact Griffin's team is 3-5 and in LAST place while the Colts are 4-3 and would make the playoffs if they started today.

    How sad is it that OlButt has to resort to claiming that Griffin is a better QB because of the number of commercials he has appeared in?

    That is because he is much better and plays a much tougher schedule than Luck. He has the same amount of TDs with almost 50 less attempts. Luck has 8 INTs, RGIII has six rushing TDs, Luck has three and there is still that completion percentage where Luck is about 12% behind RGIII. We will see where the win totals go by the end of the season but right now, it is a big advantage to RGIII. He will be the rookie of the year, not Luck. Luck will be a picture of futility chasing RGIII for his entire career....

  31. #1248
    Member RWB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,351

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I said Manning had a ton to do with it. You're merely concurring with me and extrapolating onto my thought. I agree with you btw.
    I would have thought since Ol Blu had those tickets he would have noticed not everyone was wearing a #18 jersey. Ton of Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clark, Freeney, Sanders, Brackett, Saturday, Harrison, Edge, Addai, and on and on jerseys too. The current fan base is so much different than when the Mayflower trucks pulled up. My first son was born a week before the Colts first training camp in Anderson and my second boy three years later. They're both out of college, married, and never miss watching a game.

    Oh by the way.... another sell out this week for the Andrew Luck led Indianapolis Colts. Yep those mediocre Colt fans bailed like crazy now didn't they.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

  32. The Following User Says Thank You to RWB For This Useful Post:


  33. #1249
    THE WITCH IS DEAD!!! Coopdog23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Bank
    Posts
    3,163

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That is because he is much better and plays a much tougher schedule than Luck. He has the same amount of TDs with almost 50 less attempts. Luck has 8 INTs, RGIII has six rushing TDs, Luck has three and there is still that completion percentage where Luck is about 12% behind RGIII. We will see where the win totals go by the end of the season but right now, it is a big advantage to RGIII. He will be the rookie of the year, not Luck. Luck will be a picture of futility chasing RGIII for his entire career....
    Luck's better
    Smothered Chicken!

  34. #1250
    THE WITCH IS DEAD!!! Coopdog23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Bank
    Posts
    3,163

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That is because he is much better and plays a much tougher schedule than Luck. He has the same amount of TDs with almost 50 less attempts. Luck has 8 INTs, RGIII has six rushing TDs, Luck has three and there is still that completion percentage where Luck is about 12% behind RGIII. We will see where the win totals go by the end of the season but right now, it is a big advantage to RGIII. He will be the rookie of the year, not Luck. Luck will be a picture of futility chasing RGIII for his entire career....
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings. Looks at how the Colts are ranked higher than the Redskins and how they're saying Luck is the best rookie in the NFL
    Smothered Chicken!

Similar Threads

  1. Luck is being sued.
    By Coupe in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-24-2012, 12:39 PM
  2. Luck vs. RG3
    By Kid Minneapolis in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 165
    Last Post: 04-04-2012, 05:52 PM
  3. Luck's first commercial
    By RWB in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-15-2012, 12:21 PM
  4. Wish me luck...
    By Hicks in forum Market Square (General Non-Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-17-2007, 04:07 AM
  5. With this luck...
    By Jesus Shuttlesworth in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-29-2005, 01:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •