Page 49 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 1692

Thread: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

Peyton Manning languished in relative obscurity as QB for the small market Colts.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Peyton Manning languished in relative obscurity as QB for the small market Colts.
    He did enough winning that they had to take note..... That took a while....

You do realize Andrew Luck has already been in several national commercials? And at least one international one for FIFA?

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    You do realize Andrew Luck has already been in several national commercials? And at least one international one for FIFA?
    I have not seen him in one. I have seen RGIII in dozens of them. I am in D.C. right now in the middle of this Frankenstorm. All of my appointments are cancelled and the ones I had for Wednesday are under a blizzard alert.... So, I see RGIII a lot here and even more in Texas....

Banned
    Mood

I have noticed that the trade deadling has been moved back because of the storm. Does anyone think we will be a player in this? If management thinks we have a chance to make the playoffs, won't they be active in trying to get some players to help? The same goes if they think we have no chance. Won't they try to trade a couple of the vets we have left for more draft picks or players they think might help down the road? What does it say if they do nothing?

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Titans beat the Steelers.

HEY! Y'all should leave my team out of this. The only thing rookie QBs are good for is the chance to knock them around or down and teach them to be preoccupied with blitzing linebackers.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Watching the Redskins yesterday, I wouldn't call their system a gimmick. It is option football, and while that is not normally "in fashion" in the pros if you have the skills it can be effective. RGIII is damn good at the play action and that froze our defenders in their tracks quite often. I thought we'd have better chances to put some real NFL hits on him, but that's hard to do when you have to account for multiple options of the the backfield. I continue to be amazed by the popularity of an empty backfield because of the way that limits a QB's options. (Needless to say, that's one of Bruce Arians' "gimmicks" that I don't miss - 3rd and three and he calls for a play with an empty backfield? I guess we aren't going to even attempt to keep the defense honest.)

Other than the CB's meltdown/ ejection, I thought the Redskins looked well-coached but outmanned. Shanahan and Haslett know what they're doing. But they lack quality personnel, especially on the defensive side of the ball. And wow, their receivers heard a lot of footsteps and knew some big hits were coming. It was like all of their receivers turned into Braylon Edwards and Kellen Winslow at once with all of those drops.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ChicagoJ For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    I have noticed that the trade deadling has been moved back because of the storm. Does anyone think we will be a player in this? If management thinks we have a chance to make the playoffs, won't they be active in trying to get some players to help? The same goes if they think we have no chance. Won't they try to trade a couple of the vets we have left for more draft picks or players they think might help down the road? What does it say if they do nothing?
    I think we already made our big trade for the year. Just sucks that he has struggled to stay healthy.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I have not seen him in one. I have seen RGIII in dozens of them. I am in D.C. right now in the middle of this Frankenstorm. All of my appointments are cancelled and the ones I had for Wednesday are under a blizzard alert.... So, I see RGIII a lot here and even more in Texas....
    WAIT

You see a lot of RG3 in DC (home of the Redskins) and in Texas (where his college Baylor is located)? NO WAY!

Ads I see RG3 in are all Subway commercials. Luck was in the Fifa commercial and I believe a Nike commercial

We will see what Luck really looks like when he plays Houston twice. He has to survive that first and RGIII has to survive his games against good defenses like the Steelers.....
    the only game that concerns me regarding Luck's survival is against Detroit. I am legitimately terrified of Suh. I have seen what he will do to QB's, and I am already nervous
    David "And One" West

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    the only game that concerns me regarding Luck's survival is against Detroit. I am legitimately terrified of Suh. I have seen what he will do to QB's, and I am already nervous
    I an going to that game with my dad

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Why? This will be playing out throughout their careers... You don't have to open the thread if you are not interested...
    I'll probably take this advice. They're both outstanding. They're both going to be great. I hate making it a " V.S " type deal. I like them both a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Foul on Smits View Post
    I'll probably take this advice. They're both outstanding. They're both going to be great. I hate making it a " V.S " type deal. I like them both a lot.
    I start both Luck and Griffen in fantasy leagues. I am happy to have Luck and have nothing against griffin unless we are playing the red skins.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I am in D.C. right now in the middle of this Frankenstorm. All of my appointments are cancelled and the ones I had for Wednesday are under a blizzard alert....
    I know you drive us a little crazy sometimes but keep it safe out there on the road.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

No the Colts won't trade anyone
    "We want Miami"

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    Well, you miss Pittsburgh and Harrison because he is like that. Houston has a tough defense but I don't think they make a habit of hurting QBs like Suh does....

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    WAIT

You see a lot of RG3 in DC (home of the Redskins) and in Texas (where his college Baylor is located)? NO WAY!

Ads I see RG3 in are all Subway commercials. Luck was in the Fifa commercial and I believe a Nike commercial
    That is exactly why I mentioned those two circumstances.....

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't dislike Griffin. I do dislike being told the Colts made a wrong decision, because not only has it only been 8 weeks and not enough time to even come close to making that proclamation... but more importantly, Luck has shown no reason thus far to warrant the notion that he was anything less than the top pick in this draft.

I also look at both players' situations and recognize what they are --- one is being put through a very steep learning curve and shouldering a ton of responsibility (and he's doing it), while the other has had a system "catered" to his strengths to "help" him look better earlier. I also recognize a few chinks in RG3's armor that I think will have repercussions later on. He's a very strong QB prospect however, he will always be entertaining and put up big numbers.

I still believe 100% however that the Colts have the best long-term answer and are doing things the right way, which is also not the easy way. They're throwing Luck out there and giving him as much as he can handle, which I feel will pay dividends down the road when Luck is better prepared.

That's just my honest opinion. I do look forward to watching both players from here on out. But I'm Colts Blue through and through so Luck is my guy.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 10-30-2012 at 08:40 AM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

This is the first week since the GB game that I thought Luck played played like the number one overall pick in the draft. And I definitely liked what I saw in this game from him.

It seems we've decide to have the Ace package (2 TE's) as our main offensive package, and our offense has been a lot more consistent. We absolutely killed the titans in the run game utilizing that formation. WHEN we're able to run the ball consistently, and Luck is able to convert 3rd and 5 as opposed to 3rd and 9, he looks a lot more comfortable. (as would any QB not named Manning or Brady--they dont' need a run game lol) I also think Luck feels more comfortable throwing to TE's in the middle of the field as opposed to WR's outside of the hash and near the sidelines.

He still has a tendency to turn the ball over a little bit (that INT was just BAD and he fumbled, but it was recovered by the Colts) but he also has a tendency to make the ugliest play possible--and convert a key 3rd down. He definitely has a lot of Big Ben in him, and I mean that as a compliment.

Luck may not put up the guady stats that a lot of QB's put up, but he will definitely win close games.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

The INT was a misread, and the announcer even noted that it looked like Wayne had confusion from the defender's pressure and broke the route on Luck as he released it. So ya it looked bad, but it was probably actually a mistake on Wayne, who cut outside after he was supposed to cut inside.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

http://www.colts.com/media-center/vi...b-88d6e6f86481

Go to the :45 sec mark, you can see what I'm talkin' 'bout, Wayne jumped outside instead of following his initial cut inside. When Luck released it, Wayne was cutting in. It's hard to see from that highlight, but during hte game they cut back afterwards and showed Wayne showing hesitation before he jumped outside.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 10-30-2012 at 10:22 AM.

RGIII may be getting more hype in DC than Luck in Indy (I live in DC not Indy so not sure about this) but there are two clear reasons why.

1.) Redskins fans are more passionate than Colts fans. If Colts fans had a Dan Snyder situation the team would have moved to LA years ago.

2.) DC and the surrounding area has a huge black population that is still somewhat bitter than the Redskins were the last franchise to integrate and let black players join the team. So it means a lot to them to have a black quarterback with HOF potential leading the Redskins, sort of carrying on the Doug Williams legacy but on a bigger scale.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    1.) Redskins fans are more passionate than Colts fans.
    Not sure how you quantify that.

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    RGIII may be getting more hype in DC than Luck in Indy (I live in DC not Indy so not sure about this) but there are two clear reasons why.

1.) Redskins fans are more passionate than Colts fans. If Colts fans had a Dan Snyder situation the team would have moved to LA years ago.

2.) DC and the surrounding area has a huge black population that is still somewhat bitter than the Redskins were the last franchise to integrate and let black players join the team. So it means a lot to them to have a black quarterback with HOF potential leading the Redskins, sort of carrying on the Doug Williams legacy but on a bigger scale.
    I think 1. is about right although Irsay is no peach as an owner either. Afterall, we shipped Manning out of town and he looks like he might be an MVP again.
    I'm not sure I buy 2. Most of what I have heard is from white broadcasters and writers.... You might be right in the local area but RGIII is a national phenom.....