Page 48 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 1692

Thread: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Huh? I saw him celebrating in the locker room.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
    I saw them doing the Lochman test on him when he went out and I didn't see him come back. Was he jumping around or anything in the locker room? Maybe it was just a sprain then?

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Luck is clutch, RG3 isn't
    "We want Miami"

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    I saw them doing the Lochman test on him when he went out and I didn't see him come back. Was he jumping around or anything in the locker room? Maybe it was just a sprain then?
    I heard sprain.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

They said sprain on TV during the game

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    Because as the number draft pick and the overhyped "most NFL ready QB in history" he should be better than he is right now. The fact is he is ranked 5th of the 5 rookie QBs. Does that mean anything for next year and the next five years? Well, not so much for the other four but who knows what he will do behind a decent offensive line. The problem is they are years from having that line. Will that raise his completion percentage? Perhaps a bit but it isn't going to make him a 70% passer as he was propped up to be..... Personally, I am not a fan of Luck. I was not before he was drafted and even less so now but that is just me.. I thought "you-know-who" was the best QB prospect before the draft and sure think so now.
    ranked by what? He's lead 3 comeback drives. If thats not NFL ready, then i don't know what is. He is showing he has that "it" factor. He has the best record of any rookie QB. He's also got the best Total Quarterback Rating of any rookie and is 6th in the NFL in it. http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr Its far better than the traditional quarterback rating which is pretty much a joke.

The Redskins have a far better running game than the Colts and they rely heavily on play action. Shut down the play action, Griffin becomes way less dangerous. Thats exactly what happened today. Griffin is gonna be a great QB. But right now he's getting by dinking and dunking it. The Colts as a team have less rushing yards than the Redskins leading rusher (Alfred Morris) does by himself. As a team they have more than double the Colts rushing yards. The Colts offense is pretty much entirely dependent on Luck. And they have a winning record. Thats NFL ready. Its actually hilarious how he's taken over for Peyton and is doing the same thing. Carrying the Colts offense. Not at Peyton's level yet.

48% of RG3's passing yards have come after the catch. 29% of Luck's passing yards have come after the catch. Of course RG3 has a great completion %, he's not throwing the ball far.

I believe you predicted 0-4 wins for the Colts this year. Less than halfway through the season and Luck has lead them to the maximum amount of wins you predicted. You're "credibility" is falling faster each week. First it was funny. Now its just sad.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

I feel let down. I thought we were going to get the #1 pick in the draft next year. One poster on here told me it was a done deal.

Luck has done a great job this year. How many of his throws have been under pressure? Just watched the Titans game and he had defenders in his face all afternoon. However, he was still able to complete pass after pass.

One of the announcers said that Arians told them that they have added things to the playbook that Manning didn't see til his 2nd year.

Just because RG3 is doing well this season is immaterial to how well Luck is doing. The teams aren't the same. The opponents aren't the same. The offensive playbook isn't the same.

Luck is doing pretty good by any standard, let alone by rookie standards.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Swingman For This Useful Post:

Actually, he said 0-2 wins this year and that we would be competing for the #1 pick in the draft for at least 5 years. Blah.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

We're 4-3, but actually about :40 from being 5-2. Think about that. With this team, which in my mind, is very suspect, personel-wise. Luck is performing small miracles out there, despite going through a "rookie" curve himself.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

1,972 passing yards in just 7 games. He's on pace for just over 4,500. If he has a 400 yard game this season he could completely shatter Newton's record.

4-3 when Manning only won 3 games as a rookie. First road win after just three attempts when Manning didn't win on the road until his second year.

On pace for about a dozen fewer interceptions than the rookie Manning.

Better stock up on Haterade before Hurricane Sandy arrives.

On pace to not having the first pick in the draft for the next 10 years.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to speakout4 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I just want to make an observation:

First, let me preface this by saying... the Colts orchestrated a pretty damn amazing comeback win yesterday, with some strong play by Luck to put us in position to score twice, and then an amazing play by Ballard. We're a team that has no business being 4-3, and yet we are, and that's a testament to this team.

That said... if you replaced the Colts with the 'Skins against the Titans yesterday, and it had been RG3 that orchestrated this amazing win instead of Luck --- we'd be seeing nothing but 'Skins highlights and coverage and RG3 would be splashed all over every sports NFL page.

I'm seeing hardly any coverage of the Colts and Luck. I've seen more news blurbs about RG3's "meltdown" than I have Luck's impressive performance.

That just goes to show you right there that the hype machine behind RG3 is getting to be absurd. I think he's a fine young QB, but the attention is getting a bit ridiculous. I saw RG3 commercials about 10 times during the Colts game yesterday. I'm starting to get RG3-whiplash.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 10-29-2012 at 08:14 AM.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Also, that designed "send RG3 out long as a receiver" play was a bit ridiculous, and he got lit up like the 4th of July at the end of the play. The gimmicks they're sticking this kid into is starting to annoy me and he's going to get hurt.

Can we rename this thread " Luck vs Griffin - let it go "

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Foul on Smits For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

First, let me preface this by saying... the Colts orchestrated a pretty damn amazing comeback win yesterday, with some strong play by Luck to put us in position to score twice, and then an amazing play by Ballard. We're a team that has no business being 4-3, and yet we are, and that's a testament to this team.

That said... if you replaced the Colts with the 'Skins against the Titans yesterday, and it had been RG3 that orchestrated this amazing win instead of Luck --- we'd be seeing nothing but 'Skins highlights and coverage and RG3 would be splashed all over every sports NFL page.

I'm seeing hardly any coverage of the Colts and Luck. I've seen more news blurbs about RG3's "meltdown" than I have Luck's impressive performance.

That just goes to show you right there that the hype machine behind RG3 is getting to be absurd. I think he's a fine young QB, but the attention is getting a bit ridiculous. I saw RG3 commercials about 10 times during the Colts game yesterday. I'm starting to get RG3-whiplash.
    That is a fact of life when you have a small market team and a big market team. You might as well get used to it. That is why RGIII will win the post season honors, not Luck if they are anything close.

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Foul on Smits View Post
    Can we rename this thread " Luck vs Griffin - let it go "
    Why? This will be playing out throughout their careers... You don't have to open the thread if you are not interested...

Sports Logo Sports Logo

That is a fact of life when you have a small market team and a big market team. You might as well get used to it. That is why RGIII will win the post season honors, not Luck if they are anything close.
    Eh, I don't buy that, regarding markets. I do agree that RG3 is going to steal some post-season honors.

Banned
    Mood

Eh, I don't buy that, regarding markets. I do agree that RG3 is going to steal some post-season honors.
    No, he is going to earn them but he will always win honors compared to Luck because his big market team gets more national attention. Unless you have a big dish package or live in Indy, who has seen Luck play. Where RGIII plays there are about five million people in this television market...

I think a big part of that is the fact that:
    1. We played the Titans, so it was two smaller market teams.
    2. Up until the middle of the 4th quarter, the game was probably boring to anybody that wasn't a colts or titans fan; not many "sexy" players or sexy plays, just a good tough football game
    3. After being hyped quite a bit for years at Stanford, ESPN has moved onto their "next new thing" in RGIII.

I agree, great comeback win for this team. But I doubt we start making national headlines this year-- and that's even if we somehow made the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    I think a big part of that is the fact that:
    1. We played the Titans, so it was two smaller market teams.
    2. Up until the middle of the 4th quarter, the game was probably boring to anybody that wasn't a colts or titans fan; not many "sexy" players or sexy plays, just a good tough football game
    3. After being hyped quite a bit for years at Stanford, ESPN has moved onto their "next new thing" in RGIII.

I agree, great comeback win for this team. But I doubt we start making national headlines this year-- and that's even if we somehow made the playoffs.
    Oh if the Colts make the playoffs and Chuck comes back then you will see national headlines all over the place.

The Colts schedule doesn't have too many story lines to begin with but just like Luck I am fine with just having the better record and going under the radar.

No, he is going to earn them but he will always win honors compared to Luck because his big market team gets more national attention. Unless you have a big dish package or live in Indy, who has seen Luck play. Where RGIII plays there are about five million people in this television market...
    Olblu I think you are starting to soften up on Andrew Luck lately, it's actually pretty heartwarming.
    "I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

Now you guys are always making excuses for Luck so I'll make one for RGIII. The Redskins had an NFL season high 11 drops including two in the end zone. I am a believer that all of those things even out. I thought about Luck when people said drops were the reason is completion percentage is so low... RGIII threw those 11 passes right on the money. Santana Moss dropped three. It will even out over the next two or three games when those receivers make great plays for him. Luck was excellent and although he struggled most of the day, when the opportunities came, he made the most of them.
    Well done. I have two televisions so I could watch both games.....
    They sure do even out Olblu but the problem is you constantly call us homers for telling you that they do. RG3 statistical output was a direct result of an easy schedule and a gimmicky system that he is great at running.

The drops had a lot to do with the Steelers putting a hit on the recievers which they are known to do and no I wouldn't expect the Redskins to have a season high in drops against the likes of the Bucs or the lowly Saints.

Fact is Cam Newton had a great first half of the season last year and ESPN bought the hype but when the good teams with good defenses showed up he lost much like RG3 is doing this year. Now I don't blame RG3 for the terrible secondary that loses him games but I am sure going to point out that a good defense can stop RG3 and that college offense.

So let me make my own predictions conerning you so we can all have it in writing and go back to it. RG3 plays the lowly Panthers with a terrible run defense and a mediocre pass defense. He will be great in that game and you will ride that game through the bye week and cause more headache for everyone on here.

Then RG3 will have to play Philly, Dallas and the Giants. He will win one of those games and have his stats will drop considerably from the first half of the season.

The subplot to all of this will be how well he plays in crappy weather but I expect the redskins running game to thrive as it has all year.
    Last edited by Gamble1; 10-29-2012 at 11:04 AM.

Luck's better, end of story
    "We want Miami"

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post

I want him to be good and to play very well but you are deluding yourself if you think Luck is better than RGIII. It just isn't so.... For all of you people who keep saying only wins count, remember that you said that because I will be reminding you......

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    They sure do even out Olblu but the problem is you constantly call us homers for telling you that they do. RG3 statistical output was a direct result of an easy schedule and a gimmicky system that he is great at running.

The drops had a lot to do with the Steelers putting a hit on the recievers which they are known to do and no I wouldn't expect the Redskins to have a season high in drops against the likes of the Bucs or the lowly Saints.

Fact is Cam Newton had a great first half of the season last year and ESPN bought the hype but when the good teams with good defenses showed up he lost much like RG3 is doing this year. Now I don't blame RG3 for the terrible secondary that loses him games but I am sure going to point out that a good defense can stop RG3 and that college offense.

So let me make my own predictions conerning you so we can all have it in writing and go back to it. RG3 plays the lowly Panthers with a terrible run defense and a mediocre pass defense. He will be great in that game and you will ride that game through the bye week and cause more headache for everyone on here.

Then RG3 will have to play Philly, Dallas and the Giants. He will win one of those games and have his stats will drop considerably from the first half of the season.

The subplot to all of this will be how well he plays in crappy weather but I expect the redskins running game to thrive as it has all year.

I agree with a lot of what you say here. The Steelers would make Luck just as bad or worse than they made RGIII look yesterday and mostly for the reasons you mention. RGIII has tremendous upside that will come out over the next two or three years and he has a far better coaching staff that won't let defenders lock into something like Cam Newton has had to face. RGIII will be the star of the rookie class. Luck is doing better than expected but it is a long season. They have to play all 16 games to really make a statement. I'm not sure either of them can do that with the punishment they both are taking.... Luck is running the ball way too much too...

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    We will see what Luck really looks like when he plays Houston twice. He has to survive that first and RGIII has to survive his games against good defenses like the Steelers.....