Page 42 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 1692

Thread: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    All rookie QB’s have those growing pains. Much like you guys said, athletic QB’s are able to rely on their athleticism early on so they tend to have early success. Meanwhile pocket passers that lack the ability to run, scramble, and make plays, have nothing else to lean on except the mental part of the game. This is why most pocket passers have always been more consistent and better off in the long run than their mobile/athletic counterparts.

There are however a number of mobile/athletic QB’s who have been able to make the transition from running freelancer to downfield pocket passer. Guys like Culpepper, McNabb, McNair, Cunningham, Steve Young, were able to pick up on the mental aspect of the game and become pocket passers who also have the ability to scramble and make plays with their legs.

I believe RGIII is in this category. If you look at the way he throws the ball downfield, his throwing motion, his accuracy, his touch, etc…this is a player who has taken the time to learn the proper mechanics to be a successful QB. Yes a lot of his passes are screen passes and dinks/dunks. But when he HAS thrown it down the field, he hasn’t missed a ton (at least in the games I watched. I didn’t watch the Falcons game)
    Does RGIII still need to work on reading defenses? Of course he does. Every rookie QB does.
    I think RG3 will have the ability to pick up the mental side of the game but this system he is running is a gimmick. I view it as a losing formula both from a growth aspect and as potential serious injury as well.

They might transition out of it but I doubt it.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    Again, excuses to bolster a really bad QB. Any QB rating method that doesn't have RGIII, the Mannings, Brady and Aaron Rogers at the very top is Damn, that little SOB is really handy on this board...
    Yes, before Andrew Luck was even a junior in college ESPN created this stat to specifically bolster his stock. Those wiley *******s.
    Last edited by Trader Joe; 10-26-2012 at 03:36 PM.

WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

A Definition of "Forum Troll"

A "Forum Troll" is a person who posts outrageous message to provoke people to respond. The Forum Troll delights in sowing discord within a forum. A troll is someone who inspires flaming rhetoric, someone who is deliberately controversial, baiting and pulling people into a "flaming" discussion. Flaming discussions usually end with name calling, a flame war and at best a locked thread or in extreme cases a deleted thread.
    When quality users stop coming to this website, the moderators will be too late to do anything about it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bunt For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    Ol'blue you need to read this, I think it will explain some things to you
    I don't buy any of it. RGIII for as long as he plays will always cause problems for defenses that Luck will never be able to do. What I think he will do is to become primarily a pocket passer who only runs occasionally really picking his spots. You can throw for lots of yards as long as you chuck the ball more than any other QB in the NFL not names Brees. He only has 7 TD passes and 7 INTs to go with that. He has 3 rushing TDs for ten total after six games. He made 250 passes to get that. RGIII leads the NFL with 6 rushing TDs and 7 passing TDs. On only 189 throws in seven games. . He leads the NFL with a 70% completion percentage. Luck averages 6.7 yds per attempt. RGIII gets 8.5 yds per attempt. Do you know what you call that? Efficient. What do you call what Luck has done? Inefficient. There is really no comparison between the two. RGIII leads the entire NFL in rushing TDs and completion percentage. There really is no comparison between the two and Luck compare more closely to Weeden that he does RGIII. Now you all can make all of the excuses you want or all of the bizarre methods of calculating a good QB all you want but these are the facts. Read them and weep and perhaps it will explain a few things to you....

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by bunt View Post
    When quality users stop coming to this website, the moderators will be too late to do anything about it.
    Well, I won't let you all bait me into name calling no matter how much of you do or how hard you try..... I post stats to back up what I say. Others here, just say something and think that makes it a fact.... I am not a troll and if the mods thought I was, I would be quickly removed..... What you want is censorship to remove little things you do not want to hear....

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Yes, before Andrew Luck was even a junior in college ESPN created this stat to specifically bolster his stock. Those wiley *******s.
    Not his but other highly inefficient QBs like him. I have see no one else use this stat but ESPN and if it rates Luck ahead of RGIII, is seriously defective....

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    I think RG3 will have the ability to pick up the mental side of the game but this system he is running is a gimmick. I view it as a losing formula both from a growth aspect and as potential serious injury as well.

They might transition out of it but I doubt it.
    It isn't a gimmick, it is a system he is comfortable running as he develops into a pure pocket QB. The Colts staff, on the other hand, do not provide Luck with any check downs so he is inefficient and he will be unless they make that change. That difference is the gap between a really good coaching staff and a very bad inexperienced staff... Again, it won't matter, we will be starting all over in three or four years with a new staff and a new system...

Banned
    Mood

I think that is about and that will be very good for a team with a rookie QB... I appreciate your posts by the way and I am sorry that the folks here just can't see without their Colts blinders on to see how good RGIII really is..... It is no slam to Luck to say that RGIII is much better. He is much better than a whole bunch of QBs....

Banned
    Mood

RGIII is no more likely to suffer a concussion than Luck is. Luck is taking a real beating every game....

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    All in favor of an anti-OlBlu thread say I
    Fine with me. How about a thread for overenthusiastic Colts fan who can't see past their own team? Oh, I forgot, this whole forum is about that....

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    Well, our sentiments regarding our bad O-line are mostly confirmed. We're 27th out of 32.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...line-rankings/

I don't really see how you can get an accurate stat on that when your rookie QB chucks it at a league high rate...... They should get some credit for just keeping him healthy..... That is really their only function....

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    Maybe RG3 isn't as good as you think. I love Rodgers, he's been a part of some epic losses this year which bring his value slightly down.
    Maybe RGIII is just a whole lot better than you think. You really should watch him play.....

Ol blue. You should learn to use multiple quotes in one post. Looks like a bunch of spam, didn't read it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by spazzxb; 10-26-2012 at 04:17 PM.

Welcome CJ Miles! BlueCollarColts's Avatar

through 6 games in Ol'blue's mind, Luck would have to throw for 12 TD's, 2,000+ yards have around 3 ints, 60% completion percentage, and then he would be decent

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    through 6 games in Ol'blue's mind, Luck would have to throw for 12 TD's, 2,000+ yards have around 3 ints, 60% completion percentage, and then he would be decent
    More fanatic silliness....

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by spazzxb View Post
    Ol blue. You should learn to use multiple quotes in one post. Looks like a bunch of spam, didn't read it.

So, fine, don't read it.....

It isn't a gimmick, it is a system he is comfortable running as he develops into a pure pocket QB. The Colts staff, on the other hand, do not provide Luck with any check downs so he is inefficient and he will be unless they make that change. That difference is the gap between a really good coaching staff and a very bad inexperienced staff... Again, it won't matter, we will be starting all over in three or four years with a new staff and a new system...
    You can't develop something that you don't put in use.

The east coast offense is a gimmicky offense that his division will learn how to defend this year. RG3 is good at running it but lets call a spade a spade here. No one runs this offense and no one has been to a superbowl doing this. Eventually he will have to make difficult reads if he plans on being an elite QB and a pocket passer.

The games I want to see are Dallas and this game against the Steelers because they play much more discipline on defense. The Eagles will be easier to run agianst but since they fired their DC they are improving so who knows.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Fine with me. How about a thread for overenthusiastic Colts fan who can't see past their own team? Oh, I forgot, this whole forum is about that....
    What about an overrated NFL players forum? Oh yeah RG3 is already the main topic of that
    "We want Miami"

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    What about an overrated NFL players forum? Oh yeah RG3 is already the main topic of that
    No, Andrew Luck is easily the most overrated player in the entire NFL......

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    Is here astat for posters who repeat themselves over and over again, even if they are wrong?

The concussion hit was a big hit, albeit one he could have avoided easily.

He has also taken some other big shots and bounced back up fine and ready for the next play
    that hit was about a 5.5 out of 10. Luck has been nailed by several 10's already this year. Once RG3 actually gets with a 10, he doesn't have the hanging down things to get up
    David "And One" West

Hilarious to me that the media will swing from RG3's jock, and yet they chose to ignore a huge weakness: RG3 has no chin. He is the Amir Khan of the NFL
    David "And One" West

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    that hit was about a 5.5 out of 10. Luck has been nailed by several 10's already this year. Once RG3 actually gets with a 10, he doesn't have the hanging down things to get up
    Absolute crap.... Can you not be polite to a visitor at least....

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    Sorry, i forgot who i was dealing with. Your trolling has gotten to be just about as bad as OB

since your opinion is fact i wont bother arguing about all the huge hits he took this season (including the concussion hit)

are you really that afraid to say balls?

Edit: i dont mean to call anyone a troll, but repeating the same thing over and over again, esp when its a hate filled message, is trolling at best, sad and pathetic at worst. And its the same people doing it

if saying that earns me a ban from here, so be it
    Last edited by vapacersfan; 10-26-2012 at 05:26 PM.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to vapacersfan For This Useful Post:

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    All rookie QBs have those growing pains. Much like you guys said, athletic QBs are able to rely on their athleticism early on so they tend to have early success. Meanwhile pocket passers that lack the ability to run, scramble, and make plays, have nothing else to lean on except the mental part of the game. This is why most pocket passers have always been more consistent and better off in the long run than their mobile/athletic counterparts.

There are however a number of mobile/athletic QBs who have been able to make the transition from running freelancer to downfield pocket passer. Guys like Culpepper, McNabb, McNair, Cunningham, Steve Young, were able to pick up on the mental aspect of the game and become pocket passers who also have the ability to scramble and make plays with their legs.

I believe RGIII is in this category. If you look at the way he throws the ball downfield, his throwing motion, his accuracy, his touch, etcthis is a player who has taken the time to learn the proper mechanics to be a successful QB. Yes a lot of his passes are screen passes and dinks/dunks. But when he HAS thrown it down the field, he hasnt missed a ton (at least in the games I watched. I didnt watch the Falcons game)
    Does RGIII still need to work on reading defenses? Of course he does. Every rookie QB does.
    How many Super Bowl wins amongst that category? One. How long was their careers? Culpepper was drafted after Manning. Been outta the league awhile.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 10-26-2012 at 06:47 PM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Quote Originally Posted by spazzxb View Post

olblu IS a bunch of a spam. Doesn't take quotes for him to accomplish that.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Swingman For This Useful Post: