Page 4 of 68 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't know what you are watching but RGIII has completely outplayed Luck in this game. He has shown a cannon of an arm although he didn't connect on those passes, he showed it to the Colts and that opens up many things for him. I see dink pass after dink pass by Luck running for his life behind a terrible offensive line. I think Luck has a long, long way to go and RGIII is going to win and be a star for the Redskins right now. I don't know who you are listening too calling this game but Joe Theisman said that he doesn't see Luck staying healthy all season behind this line. I don't either.... ...
    Completely outplayed? It's 14-7. Also yes RGIII is showing off his cannon...yet Luck's yards per completion is higher than Griffin's by a full yard and a half. So who's dinking and dunking?
    Last edited by Ace E.Anderson; 08-25-2012 at 05:30 PM.

Mood

If you guys are curious as to what Redskins fans think of Luck, here's a Reddit game thread: http://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments...vs_washington/

For the most part they're impressed with both QBs and I tend to agree. I'm excited for both of these teams.

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by LuckSwagger View Post
    So you'd rather see a 50+yard incomplete pass than a 30 yard TD pass....got it.
    Peyton has always said that you only complete 10% of those long throws but you keep the defense honest and get their attention. That helps your short pass game. I don't see the Redskins showing Luck any kind of respect. The Colts better show RGIII some or he will complete a 50-60 yd TD pass. I don't see Luck being able to do that. I think that arm strength has always been a concern of his critics like Sims and Parcells. He has done nothing to dispell that in the preseason. That pass to Hilton was the best one he has made in the preseason because he was under intense pressure and it was a long pass. I want to see more of that.... ...

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by CompACE View Post
    If you guys are curious as to what Redskins fans think of Luck, here's a Reddit game thread: http://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments...vs_washington/

For the most part they're impressed with both QBs and I tend to agree. I'm excited for both of these teams.
    And both teams certainly should be excited about the QBs. RGIII is playing behind a veteran line. Luck is playing behind a bunch of NFL rejects and it shows..... ...

This game shows that the critics were right, RGIII is going to a team that is better equipped to help him succeed. Washington has a better supporting cast. Colts have more work to do.

Its a shame this is a pre-season. RGIII is better than I thought. Wish these two could duke it out for 4 quarters
    David "And One" West

I don't know what you are watching but RGIII has completely outplayed Luck in this game. He has shown a cannon of an arm although he didn't connect on those passes, he showed it to the Colts and that opens up many things for him. I see dink pass after dink pass by Luck running for his life behind a terrible offensive line. I think Luck has a long, long way to go and RGIII is going to win and be a star for the Redskins right now. I don't know who you are listening too calling this game but Joe Theisman said that he doesn't see Luck staying healthy all season behind this line. I don't either.... ...

Manning lost to Ryan Leaf 33-3....just like you keep saying after Luck does anything well, it's just preseason.

Quote Originally Posted by MaHa3000 View Post
    This game shows that the critics were right, RGIII is going to a team that is better equipped to help him succeed. Washington has a better supporting cast. Colts have more work to do.
    the critics don't know anything. The sky isn't falling dude. Its only 14-7 at halftime
    David "And One" West

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    Completely outplayed? It's 14-7. Also yes RGIII is showing off his cannon...yet Luck's yards per completion is higher than Griffin's by a full yard and a half. So who's dinking and dunking?
    Luck. RGIII showed them his arm twice and they got the message. RGIII's line is light years better than the Colts. They aren't the hogs but they look pretty damn good. Our line cannot pass block or run block. Luck is playing by himself and that is a recipe for injury and disaster. Stats can be made to say anything. I am watching the game and Garcon` can get anything he wants after those two long passes. He can start deep and curl back and be wide open every time.. ...

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't think it was that far. Did you hear Joe Theisman say that Luck would have to be very "lucky" to stay healthy behind this line. What I have seen is RGIII completely outclassing luck and Garcon` looks great too... Again, preseason games mean nothing but I think that this offensive line will not be able to keep the rush off of Luck and he will go down and go down hard.... That is what happens when you draft your franchise QB before you have an offensive line to protect him. Luck could lead the league in sacks taken.... ...
    This is what everyone is talking about. First off, it was that far. I hit rewind just to check before I posted it, because I knew you'd say that.

Secondly, I said nothing about RGIII or Joe Theisman or anything else. You just try to throw that crap in there to annoy people, as it had no place in the discussion. Every time you post, you don't have to say the same things 100 times over with no reason for saying it, again.

Banned
    Mood

Manning lost to Ryan Leaf 33-3....just like you keep saying after Luck does anything well, it's just preseason.
    I also say it when he does not do something well. Two interceptions in a half last week but it is only preseason. These games don't mean anything at all. But our offensive line won't start playing better when the season starts..... ...

Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    Why exactly do you think that Luck was #1 and ahead of RGIII --because he bakes better cookies? Luck has demonstrated that he could do those things pretty well at least at the college level.
    He's made 2-3 throws into tight windows that have been impressive. When je has a chance to step up, he can drill it in from 10-15 yards.

Mood

Dwayne Allen as the H-back - very much like.

How the hell was that incomplete? And even if it was, how could the ref possibly tell?

Luck. RGIII showed them his arm twice and they got the message. RGIII's line is light years better than the Colts. They aren't the hogs but they look pretty damn good. Our line cannot pass block or run block. Luck is playing by himself and that is a recipe for injury and disaster. Stats can be made to say anything. I am watching the game and Garcon` can get anything he wants after those two long passes. He can start deep and curl back and be wide open every time.. ...
    If they can do that why don't they? Lol and the play of the line has nothing to do with the argument that Luck is "dinking and dunking". In fact, the fact the colts line is giving up pressure and Griffin is getting all say to throw, yet Luck has more yards per completion. Yes RGIII let it fly, but they were incompletions. Yes they blow the lid off the defense, but they still only have 14 pts and 73 yards passing. That's not completely outplaying anybody.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MaHa3000 View Post
    You gathered that in one half of pre-season football?

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    If they can do that why don't they? Lol and the play of the line has nothing to do with the argument that Luck is "dinking and dunking". In fact, the fact the colts line is giving up pressure and Griffin is getting all say to throw, yet Luck has more yards per completion. Yes RGIII let it fly, but they were incompletions. Yes they blow the lid off the defense, but they still only have 14 pts and 73 yards passing. That's not completely outplaying anybody.
    They will soon have more and if Luck takes more hits like that last one from the blitz up the middle that no one blocked, he will be done for the season in eight games. Theisman is commenting on how conservative the Colts offense is and no one is getting down field. The are doing that because Luck doesn't have time to throw deep.... if he can since he hasn't shown it yet... ...

I don't know if this Morris kid is actually good or our defense is just that bad

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    the critics don't know anything. The sky isn't falling dude. Its only 14-7 at halftime
    I'm not saying the sky is falling . Griggs has done a great job so far but there is still work to do. Look at the colt's running game. The o-line needs more help and a true Nose tackle would help a bunch.

Lots of good young players with potential on the Colts team. However, the redskins have solid vets that can get it done. Their o-line hasn't play that much together, yet, they have out played the colts' o-line so far this game.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I don't know if this Morris kid is actually good or our defense is just that bad
    Probably the latter.

Turning the game off now. Didnt hear Theisman say that, but i git up to pee for a few seconds so maybe i missed it

Both kids looked good. God help RG3 this year if this line doesnt learn to block

A fair point. But a minor peeve of mone. Manning didnt lose 33-3. The Colts (as a team) did

I wish RG3 the best, but Dan Snyder is either going to have to go broke or fall off a cliff for the Redskins to be a successful franchise.

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    Turning the game off now. Didnt hear Theisman say that, but i git up to pee for a few seconds so maybe i missed it

Both kids looked good. God help RG3 this year if this line doesnt learn to block
    That is very funny. The Redskins line is about 1000% better than the Colts line. I think the Redskins could beat the Colts with their number two defense and offense. There is a HUGE difference between these two teams. ...

Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    I wish RG3 the best, but Dan Snyder is either going to have to go broke or fall off a cliff for the Redskins to be a successful franchise.
    Three years ago i would have agreed with you. However, pnce he brought shanny in and he told hi
    To hire a GM the organization did a 180

Lots of work left to do, but i think snyder may have (finally) "got tit". For redskons fans everywhere i xan only hope so