Page 39 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast
Results 951 to 975 of 1692

Thread: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

  1. #951
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,476

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote


    I read this whole article, and didnt see anything about his attitude (http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/8...rt-griffin-iii_)

    I did see
    "Look, I love both these guys. Both have been twice as good as advertised, great leaders, and kick-the-dirt humble."

    Which was my point last night. You loved the article bc it pointed out all the things Luck does better (which 99.9% of Redskins fans have no problem admitting) but you glossed over the line that mentioned both guys are good as advertised and humble

    And I love RG3's confidence. While I dont love it, I dont mind him complaining about cheap shots. Sure it looks bad to people who only read the headlines and dont watch the whole game, but he wasnt the only Redskins saying the Rams played dirty (and the Redskins werent the only team complaining this year either) We havent had a QB is over a decade, and now that we have him we actually are in every game. Even with all his mistakes in the NYG game we almost won that game.

    I did find it funny Reilly talks about Griffins fumbles but doesn't mention Luck's 4 more int's? Sure you can say RG3 hasnt thrown a lot of deep passes, but he also hasnt had the chances. He has taken what the defense has given him. I would rather he do that then force passes and end up with a crap ton of stupid interceptions.



    Both teams have 3 wins.....

    As for this thread, I see this is basically the Colts forum versus O.B. I will let you guys have your fun, while I have fun watching two young men progress and grow as QB's.
    You're lookin at the wrong article. Go back to my post and click the right one, lol.

    I think you're talking about the ESPN article I posted a few posts later. I just posted that because it was another media guy giving Luck support over RG3.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 10-26-2012 at 09:58 AM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:


  3. #952
    Member Pacergeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,462

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I suppose that is true if you had very low expectations for the number one pick and the "most NFL ready QB in history." He hasn't lived up to my expectations. I thought he would be close to 60% completions. I did expect interceptions on the level he has but I expected him to be a very accurate passer and he just is not. He underthrows, overthrows and throws behind receivers all of the time. People talk about drops but nobody mentions how many superhuman catches Reggie has made. Without those, Luck really Sucks..... RGIII, well, Luck shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence with him......
    Luck has better rookie stats than your boyfriend Peyton Manning, and he has just as many wins as your other boyfriend RGIII
    David "And One" West

  4. #953
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Luck has better rookie stats than your boyfriend Peyton Manning, and he has just as many wins as your other boyfriend RGIII
    When his stats fall below Peyton's and they will for everything but perhaps INTs and RGIII is names offensive player of the year and rookie of the year, will you finally concede that Luck is a bum and a bust?

  5. #954
    Member Pacergeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,462

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When his stats fall below Peyton's and they will for everything but perhaps INTs and RGIII is names offensive player of the year and rookie of the year, will you finally concede that Luck is a bum and a bust?
    if those two things happen, then yes i will concede. However, if the colts win 9 games, then Luck should win MVP
    David "And One" West

  6. #955
    I have a Member xBulletproof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,671

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Why would anyone concede anything after 1 year? For craps sakes Vince Young won Offensive Rookie of the Year and he sucked.

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:


  8. #956
    THE WITCH IS DEAD!!! Coopdog23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Bank
    Posts
    2,911

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He is a franchise QB because of where he was taken in the draft. Not because of anything he has done. Sanchez is also a franchise QB and so is Sam Bradford....
    have you read my previous paragraph explanation on how Luck is better than RG3
    "We want Miami"

  9. #957

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Colts will do what it takes to improve the O-Line. Another Super Bowl may never happen, but there is no place to go but up at most of the positions...other than Reggie Wayne. We seriously lack talent and I'm confident Irsay will change all of that. But it will take at least half a decade for a good team to emerge.
    How do you figure? To say stuff like this I want an actual explanation and I know its popular opinion here that the Colts have a ton of holes to fill but just break it down for me.

    Defense.
    CB- assuming Powers is retained and there is no reason to think he won't be then the COlts have 2 good corners and lack a third.
    LB- I think everyone thought this was a big concern going into to the season but Freeman pretty much changed that on first play of the Bears game. The Colts have a solid LB core.
    Safety- Really this is one hole that I think Tom won't be able to fill but just provide solid depth at much like he did at Baltimore.
    DL- Redding was a solid signing and the biggest need is a NT and know one really knows if Chapman is that guy. IF anything the Colts need to sign one more in the off season just to provide depth.

    Offense:
    OL- The elephant in the room here but the most important position is locked down at LT and everything else can be built with money and or draft picks.
    RB- THis is probably the easiest position to address in the draft but the O-line would drastically improve what the Colts already got IMO.
    WR- Ty Hilton is on pace to project to be a pretty good starter. Not a true number one but an easy number 2 guy.


    SO were is the huge talent drop on the Colts. If anything its in about 3 postions (OL,SS,and NT). If thats what is holding the team back from being "good" then I like the Colts chances of making the playoffs in year 2 or 3 of this rebuild.

    As fans I think its hard for people to know what 40 million in FA money looks like sense they haven't had that type of money for over a decade.

  10. #958
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    have you read my previous paragraph explanation on how Luck is better than RG3
    Yes and it is complete bull****. RGIII is so much better than Luck that it doesn't even merit discussing. Did you see that I think RGIII is the best football player in the entire NFL and I am not alone in thinking that. I think he may be the offensive player of the year and the Rookie of the Year. Luck will just be a loser with bad stats....

  11. #959
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why would anyone concede anything after 1 year? For craps sakes Vince Young won Offensive Rookie of the Year and he sucked.
    Well, he didn't suck that year. I don't think Vince Young was ever anything close to what RGIII already is. But, you keep deluding yourself as long as you like. When RGIII is winning MVP awards while Luck is either reduced to a back up or out of the League, I want you to remember that you said these things.....

  12. #960
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,476

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes and it is complete bull****. RGIII is so much better than Luck that it doesn't even merit discussing. Did you see that I think RGIII is the best football player in the entire NFL and I am not alone in thinking that. I think he may be the offensive player of the year and the Rookie of the Year. Luck will just be a loser with bad stats....
    Hahahahahaha..... holy crap, stop it, too funny.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  13. #961
    THE WITCH IS DEAD!!! Coopdog23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Bank
    Posts
    2,911

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes and it is complete bull****. RGIII is so much better than Luck that it doesn't even merit discussing. Did you see that I think RGIII is the best football player in the entire NFL and I am not alone in thinking that. I think he may be the offensive player of the year and the Rookie of the Year. Luck will just be a loser with bad stats....
    Apparently, you did not read the stats. Luck has better stats than RG3 for QUARTERBACKS, not for runners. Your opinion is BS. RG3 will not win offensive POY, not even Rookie of the Year. RG3 is not even close to being the best football player in the league. Luck is better and always will be. You need to do some re-reading bud.
    "We want Miami"

  14. #962
    Get well PG! DGPR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Whiteland, IN
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,035

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, he didn't suck that year. I don't think Vince Young was ever anything close to what RGIII already is. But, you keep deluding yourself as long as you like. When RGIII is winning MVP awards while Luck is either reduced to a back up or out of the League, I want you to remember that you said these things.....
    I already told you that if Luck is reduced to a backup role then I will eat my shoe.
    "I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

  15. #963
    THE WITCH IS DEAD!!! Coopdog23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Bank
    Posts
    2,911

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, he didn't suck that year. I don't think Vince Young was ever anything close to what RGIII already is. But, you keep deluding yourself as long as you like. When RGIII is winning MVP awards while Luck is either reduced to a back up or out of the League, I want you to remember that you said these things.....
    Vince Young is a better runner than RG3. He had a terrible team. Took an 0-6 and won 5 straight, took an 0-9 team and won 6 straight. RG3 doesn't have a winning record on a mediocre schedule besides Atlanta
    "We want Miami"

  16. #964

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Apparently, you did not read the stats. Luck has better stats than RG3 for QUARTERBACKS, not for runners. Your opinion is BS. RG3 will not win offensive POY, not even Rookie of the Year. RG3 is not even close to being the best football player in the league. Luck is better and always will be. You need to do some re-reading bud.
    Olblu just has a Irsay rod stuck up you know where. He hates to admit anything in favor of the Colts and it pointless to read a word of his post. You'll get more honesty out of a politician IMO.

  17. #965

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes and it is complete bull****. RGIII is so much better than Luck that it doesn't even merit discussing. Did you see that I think RGIII is the best football player in the entire NFL and I am not alone in thinking that. I think he may be the offensive player of the year and the Rookie of the Year. Luck will just be a loser with bad stats....
    Then why do you keep posting in this thread?

  18. #966
    THE WITCH IS DEAD!!! Coopdog23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Bank
    Posts
    2,911

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Olblu just has a Irsay rod stuck up you know where. He hates to admit anything in favor of the Colts and it pointless to read a word of his post. You'll get more honesty out of a politician IMO.
    You'll get more honesty out of Roger Clemmens
    "We want Miami"

  19. #967
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by LuckSwagger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Then why do you keep posting in this thread?
    Because, this too as do all fads will pass. I fully expect the Colts to be drafting the "next great QB" in three to five years. I am a Colts fan. I have stuck with them in worse times than these although this was entirely self-inflicted. Can one not be a Colts fan yet also be a fan of Peyton Manning and now, RGIII. Just remember, you can look it up, I said the Colts were drafting the wrong QB before the draft. I already saw that RGIII would be an instant super star. Luck will never approach that in his entire career... Luck would have been better served by refusing to play for the Colts and forcing a trade of the pick to just about any other team that already had an offensive line and defense in place..... Elway did exactly that to the Colts. Eli did it to the Chargers.... For Luck's own future and well being, that is what he should have done....

  20. #968
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Vince Young is a better runner than RG3. He had a terrible team. Took an 0-6 and won 5 straight, took an 0-9 team and won 6 straight. RG3 doesn't have a winning record on a mediocre schedule besides Atlanta
    Vince Young was not a better runner than RGIII. There may not be a better and faster runner in the entire NFL.... RGIII plays a great schedule. He almost beat the Giants (only last years SB champions at their home). What you say is absolute Yes, Young did great that year, I wasn't taking anything away from hit at all...

  21. #969
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by DGPR View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I already told you that if Luck is reduced to a backup role then I will eat my shoe.
    He already should have been reduced to that and he probably would have been for any other team in the NFL. If they can sit Romo, they can certainly sit Luck and let him think about raising that completion percentage from awful to mediocre.....

  22. #970
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,476

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Because, this too as do all fads will pass.
    The current fad that will eventually pass is named "RG3".
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  23. #971
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,476

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Vince Young was not a better runner than RGIII. There may not be a better and faster runner in the entire NFL.... RGIII plays a great schedule. He almost beat the Giants (only last years SB champions at their home). What you say is absolute Yes, Young did great that year, I wasn't taking anything away from hit at all...
    Michael Vick exceeded RG3 in both running and arm strength, so RG3 isn't even the fastest runner we've seen. I also don't think he's the best runner by a long shot. He's fast, I'll give him that, but to say he runs better than say, Forte or Frank Gore or Chris Johnson is absolutely mularkey. RG3 is a straight-line sprinter, that's it.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  24. #972
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Apparently, you did not read the stats. Luck has better stats than RG3 for QUARTERBACKS, not for runners. Your opinion is BS. RG3 will not win offensive POY, not even Rookie of the Year. RG3 is not even close to being the best football player in the league. Luck is better and always will be. You need to do some re-reading bud.
    I have and EVERYONE that I have read says what I said about RGIII. Luck does not have better stats than RGIII. RGIII is rated as the third best QB in the entire NFL with the highest completion percentage. Luck is listed 31 out of 32 with the worst completion percentage. Only one method of ranking show Luck rated highly and everyone on here jumps at that one. When every other method shows that he is awful, then there is something wrong with that method. Luck is not better, he has not been better, he did not win the Heisman, he will be rookie of the year and if he doesn't get injured he will be the offensive player of the year because he has so many tools. Luck is a chucker. That is it, that is all he is and that is all he has got... He will never be close to the great and probably legend, RGIII. RGIII is better than Michael Vick and he has been raised to have discipline. He graduated from college in three years while playing football. The young man is smart, talented, driven and he was raised in a military family that makes him more disciplined that Luck will ever be. Face it and admit it, be a man, the Colts bit the big one when they picked Luck over RGIII which is just what I said before the draft.......

  25. #973
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,476

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...he did not win the Heisman...
    Riiiight, winning the Heisman is a bonafide way to identify a future superstar. Not. Ask Manning about his Heisman trophies.

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He will never be close to the great and probably legend, RGIII.
    WHOO-BOY, already declaring him a LEGEND. HAHA.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  26. #974
    Enjoying the Show BrownBearCoffee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Fort Wayne
    Age
    28
    Posts
    385
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.


  27. #975
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,476

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Ladies and Gentleman, here's your last 20+ Heisman winners, revel in the awesomeness that comprises this list:

    1989 Ware, AndreAndre Ware Houston Quarterback 1,073 38.96%
    1990 Detmer, TyTy Detmer BYU Quarterback 1,482 53.87%
    1991 Howard, DesmondDesmond Howard Michigan Wide receiver 2,077 75.50%
    1992 Torretta, GinoGino Torretta Miami Quarterback 1,400 50.84%
    1993 Ward, CharlieCharlie Ward Florida State Quarterback 1,743 83.79%
    1994 Salaam, RashaanRashaan Salaam Colorado Running back 1,743 63.15%
    1995 George, EddieEddie George Ohio State Running back 1,460 52.84%
    1996 Wuerffel, DannyDanny Wuerffel Florida Quarterback 1,363 49.38%
    1997 Woodson, CharlesCharles Woodson Michigan Cornerback/Punt returner 1,815 65.69%
    1998 Williams, RickyRicky Williams Texas Running back 2,355 85.23%
    1999 Dayne, RonRon Dayne Wisconsin Running back 2,042 73.83%
    2000 Weinke, ChrisChris Weinke Florida State Quarterback 1,628 58.86%
    2001 Crouch, EricEric Crouch Nebraska Quarterback 770 27.75%
    2002 Palmer, CarsonCarson Palmer* USC Quarterback 1,328 48.01%
    2003 White, JasonJason White Oklahoma Quarterback 1,481 53.54%
    2004 Leinart, MattMatt Leinart USC Quarterback 1,325 47.85%
    2005 Bush, ReggieReggie Bush
    (vacated)[n 1]
    USC Running back 2,541 91.77%
    2006 Smith, TroyTroy Smith Ohio State Quarterback 2,540 91.63%
    2007 Tebow, TimTim Tebow Florida Quarterback 1,957 70.52%
    2008 Bradford, SamSam Bradford* Oklahoma Quarterback 1,726 -
    2009 Ingram, Jr., MarkMark Ingram, Jr. Alabama Running back 1,304 46.99%
    2010 Newton, CamCam Newton* Auburn Quarterback 2,263 81.55%

    RG3 is gonna change that, great "legend" that he's destined to become.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 10-26-2012 at 12:43 PM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Similar Threads

  1. Luck is being sued.
    By Coupe in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-24-2012, 12:39 PM
  2. Luck vs. RG3
    By Kid Minneapolis in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 165
    Last Post: 04-04-2012, 05:52 PM
  3. Luck's first commercial
    By RWB in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-15-2012, 11:21 AM
  4. Wish me luck...
    By Hicks in forum Market Square (General Non-Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-17-2007, 04:07 AM
  5. With this luck...
    By Jesus Shuttlesworth in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-29-2005, 01:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •