Page 38 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Thread: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Imagine how good he's going to be with more protection, more experience and a better set of weapons. He's already good with a pretty poor team around him.
    Where and win do you think that is going to come from? It takes year to develop a good offensive line and right now, you only have one player who will be sure to stay barring injury. Perhaps he center too but drafting linemen is an iffy proposition and a 50% success rate with them is really good. You won't get them in free agency because the only ones available will be other teams castoffs. That is why I said it was silly to draft a franchise QB. You have no offensive line, no sign of one building and you need to draft six to eight players there to maybe get four.... I don't like the odds. It adds up to years and years of futility and Luck being pounded into hamburger.....

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    Where and win do you think that is going to come from? It takes year to develop a good offensive line and right now, you only have one player who will be sure to stay barring injury. Perhaps he center too but drafting linemen is an iffy proposition and a 50% success rate with them is really good. You won't get them in free agency because the only ones available will be other teams castoffs. That is why I said it was silly to draft a franchise QB. You have no offensive line, no sign of one building and you need to draft six to eight players there to maybe get four.... I don't like the odds. It adds up to years and years of futility and Luck being pounded into hamburger.....
    The Colts have an entire draft and almost $40 million in dead money comin' off the books this off-season. You can bet your *** that the o-line will be addressed, along with running back and some spots on defense. Sure it'll take some time to gel, but they should see an immediate improvement in training camp alone, once they've shuffled some guys.

The 'Skins... on the other hand..... they are missing some upcoming draft picks.....

Like.... the next two first-rounders...
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 10-25-2012 at 09:40 PM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

That sounds like a confident person to me.

Love how you source his aeticle, but when something soesnt fit your agenda you just discount it, even if its from the same source.

Damn the facts, i feel this way so its correct

5. The Following User Says Thank You to vapacersfan For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Of course you perceive it as confidence.

And huh?
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    The Colts have an entire draft and almost $40 million in dead money comin' off the books this off-season. You can bet your *** that the o-line will be addressed, along with running back and some spots on defense. Sure it'll take some time to gel, but they should see an immediate improvement in training camp alone, once they've shuffled some guys.

The 'Skins... on the other hand..... they are missing some upcoming draft picks.....

You only have so many draft picks and teams just haven't been built on free agents. Washington is a good example of that although they are going to try again. They will find a way. Free agents are always players their previous team no long want. That is because while they once may have been stars, they are declining and not worth free agent money. So, you are left to the draft. That is 50-50 and you need 15 to 25 players to replace deadwood and castoffs you already have. They won't get it done. Washington may not either but I think their management is much better than the Colts. They were smart enough, afterall, to select the right QB in the draft who could really play right now..... Reggie, Wayne, Freeney and Mathis only have a season or two left so they will have to be replaced too...

Banned
    Mood

And huh?
    He called it exactly right..... Even at my most eloquent, I could not have said it better.....

Sports Logo Sports Logo

It's called "backing my claims up with proof", unlike what OlBlu does, which is generally claim that "all the media is saying such and such" without providing a single link or shred of evidence.

And huh?
    sorry typing on my phone

i just found it funny that right after you callrd him cocky, u sourced an article that said the opposite

and of course i call it confidence. Just lime no matter what youll call him a whiny cry baby. Which is why these discussions are pointless

hr ironing to me is if the roles were reversed he same conversation would happen, just the other way around

As for draft picks, dont we only lose a 1sr rounder next yr? Maybe im misremembering

11. The Following User Says Thank You to vapacersfan For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

The article was where I got the quote from, so if it colored him as opposite, it sure did it in a weird way, by first quoting him being pretty arrogant.

Well at least you admit that he is a franchise QB.
    "I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DGPR For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by DGPR View Post
    Well played!

Step aside, King James BlueNGold's Avatar

The Colts will do what it takes to improve the O-Line. Another Super Bowl may never happen, but there is no place to go but up at most of the positions...other than Reggie Wayne. We seriously lack talent and I'm confident Irsay will change all of that. But it will take at least half a decade for a good team to emerge.

Step aside, King James BlueNGold's Avatar

Ha. Funny how the truth comes out when he has his guard down. Luck is without a doubt a franchise QB. Compare him to what we had last year.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

I think this thread has run its course and shouldn't be revisited until about 2015.

I hope that's not backseat moderating.

Quote Originally Posted by LuckSwagger View Post
    I think this thread has run its course and shouldn't be revisited until about 2015.

I hope that's not backseat moderating.
    This thread will never die, unfortunatly

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

The article was where I got the quote from, so if it colored him as opposite, it sure did it in a weird way, by first quoting him being pretty arrogant.

I read this whole article, and didnt see anything about his attitude (http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/8...rt-griffin-iii_)

I did see
    "Look, I love both these guys. Both have been twice as good as advertised, great leaders, and kick-the-dirt humble."

Which was my point last night. You loved the article bc it pointed out all the things Luck does better (which 99.9% of Redskins fans have no problem admitting) but you glossed over the line that mentioned both guys are good as advertised and humble

And I love RG3's confidence. While I dont love it, I dont mind him complaining about cheap shots. Sure it looks bad to people who only read the headlines and dont watch the whole game, but he wasnt the only Redskins saying the Rams played dirty (and the Redskins werent the only team complaining this year either) We havent had a QB is over a decade, and now that we have him we actually are in every game. Even with all his mistakes in the NYG game we almost won that game.

I did find it funny Reilly talks about Griffins fumbles but doesn't mention Luck's 4 more int's? Sure you can say RG3 hasnt thrown a lot of deep passes, but he also hasnt had the chances. He has taken what the defense has given him. I would rather he do that then force passes and end up with a crap ton of stupid interceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    Why would Luck even want to hold the jock of a QB for a LAST PLACE 3-4 team?
    Both teams have 3 wins.....

As for this thread, I see this is basically the Colts forum versus O.B. I will let you guys have your fun, while I have fun watching two young men progress and grow as QB's.

EDIT: My bad, clearly I was reading the wrong article. Still contradicts your point, but clearly I was mixing the two up. My bad lol
    Last edited by vapacersfan; 10-26-2012 at 10:25 AM.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to vapacersfan For This Useful Post:

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Absolute nonsense. 53%, not 54%. I don't ignore that stat at all.
    No, apparently you ignored your remedial math teacher in elementary school because I was always taught that 53.6% was rounded up to 54%.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    No, apparently you ignored your remedial math teacher in elementary school because I was always taught that 53.6% was rounded up to 54%.
    I would be glad to give them credit for that if they round up Peyton's 56% that they quoted....

Banned
    Mood

Ha. Funny how the truth comes out when he has his guard down. Luck is without a doubt a franchise QB. Compare him to what we had last year.
    He is a franchise QB because of where he was taken in the draft. Not because of anything he has done. Sanchez is also a franchise QB and so is Sam Bradford....

its fair to say that both men have exceeded their expectations.
    David "And One" West

David "And One" West

Banned
    Mood

The Colts will do what it takes to improve the O-Line. Another Super Bowl may never happen, but there is no place to go but up at most of the positions...other than Reggie Wayne. We seriously lack talent and I'm confident Irsay will change all of that. But it will take at least half a decade for a good team to emerge.
    That is what I have been saying all along and I get shouted down and called stupid, ignorant and other names. I agree with everything you say here but it will take a long time. That is why I am not in favor of this kind of rebuild and great teams just don't have to do this (Patriots, Giants, etc.) You have people here that really think the Colts will be over .500 this year and some even think they will make the playoffs. It seems like just about everyone but me and now, perhaps you, think they will be back in a Super Bowl in three years. It just isn't going to happen. Five years is what I have been saying all along and that is if everything goes well with Luck and he remains uninjured and the draft picks work out. If that doesn't happen, you could be looking at ten or more years to have a "good" team on the field.... I'm 65. Now do you see why I am so disenchanted with all of the moves that have been made?

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    Of course he does. He also was in favor of getting Manning out of Indy. Kravitz is, perhaps, the worst sports writer in the country. They ran him out of Denver to take a much lesser job in Indy. In my opinion when you start quoting Kravitz, you have lost all credibility. Kravitz would not have to support Luck if he was playing worth a damn. He isn't so he will get even more excuse makers in the media. He easily leads the league in excuse makers.....

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    its fair to say that both men have exceeded their expectations.
    I suppose that is true if you had very low expectations for the number one pick and the "most NFL ready QB in history." He hasn't lived up to my expectations. I thought he would be close to 60% completions. I did expect interceptions on the level he has but I expected him to be a very accurate passer and he just is not. He underthrows, overthrows and throws behind receivers all of the time. People talk about drops but nobody mentions how many superhuman catches Reggie has made. Without those, Luck really Sucks..... RGIII, well, Luck shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence with him......

Banned
    Mood

Only because of where he was drafted not on performance. As I pointed out on another post Sanchez is a franchise, QB and his performance isn't so hot either...