Page 36 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

Thread: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who else did Cam have to throw to aside from Steve Smith? How about Sam Bradford (who did he even have to throw to period?)? His team was probably worse than this current Colts team.
    But Cam and Sam both had pretty good running attacks that could keep defenses honest. Luck doesn't have that here (and thats speaking as a fan of Donald Brown). If I'm an NFL defensive coordinator, I'm gameplanning against the pass and DARING the Colts to beat me on the ground.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Who else did Cam have to throw to aside from Steve Smith? How about Sam Bradford (who did he even have to throw to period?)? His team was probably worse than this current Colts team.

I was using those guys names to showcase that it isn't unreasonable at all to think that Luck could complete the same % of passes as these guys did.

And I agree he will get better at it. Me stating that he needs to improve it doesn't mean that I don't think he will. Lol I'd just like to see the improvement by the end of the season.
    Huh?
    Two veteran TE's in Greg Olsen and Jeremy Shockey and his second leading reciever was his RB Stewart.

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Making generalized comparisons between Newton, Bradford and Luck is ill-advised, we're talking a big difference in pedigree. It's not like I didn't watch Newton and Bradford.... I watched all of them. They are not even close to Luck.

I don't know what else to tell people like you and Blu. Consistently being the proverbial "antagonist" or devil's advocate just to "provide the opposite side of the argument" ultimately doesn't do a whole lot for me, because I'm not easily tricked or persuaded by false stats and gimmicks. I know exactly what I'm looking at. I know the bad traits to look for in QBs, and I've seen them in many many quarterbacks --- Luck lacks most of those traits. In fact, he lacks almost all of them. The only flaws in his game right now is that he's just inexperienced, and every snap/throw he's involved in will reduce that. I know what teams do to try to cover things up, which is what we're seeing with RG3 right now.

I've been obsessed watching football for 20 years with a particular eye on QB mechanics (born out of the fact that when I first became a Colts fan, what we needed was a damn quarterback) --- Luck is by far the best QB I've seen as a prospect. Making comparisons about who his receivers are, and making comments that make it clear that people aren't taking into account the systems they play in, the opponents, what their respective teams are trying to do, not looking at his mental make-up --- all that leads to people just not knowing what they're talking about. I'm looking directly at Luck and Luck alone --- he's got *everything* you could ask for in a quarterback. Been saying that for months now. I never gush like this about a player, because I'm usually pretty critical.

He's physically ideal. He's mentally ideal. He's emotionally ideal. He's mechanically ideal. I've never seen a player come into the league who, across the board, possessed the entire plethora of ideal traits. I'm telling you all, when this kid puts it all together, settles down, we get a team around him, we're in for a real treat. In the meanwhile, we're gonna hafta put up with these silly week-to-week "who's the hottest fire" ******** that we're being subjected to from players like RG3. Dude lost his game last week, and all we've heard about since then is RG3 for MVP. That, my friends, is called hype, and it *always* comes down eventually. Luck wins his game while not even really making any huge mistakes and making the plays necessary to win, and we get fools on here talking about why he's not as good as RG3. Just three weeks ago when Luck beat Green Bay, the media hopped off RG3 and onto him. You can't follow the media, you can't allow yourself to get sucked up into that crap, because the media 1) doesn't know what they're talking about, and 2) flip-flop almost on a daily basis. You need to watch for yourself, every movement, every decision Luck makes instead of staring at the damn stat sheet. When you put everything into context, which is what I've been harping on forever now, you *should* be able to make the differentiation yourself about who the real gem of this draft was. It's Luck. I feel pretty damn depressed that I have to defend this kid on a weekly basis to my own fellow fans. If you really get easily sucked up into hype then perhaps you should go root for RG3. We'll see you again in a year or two when the bandwagon breaks down and reality dawns on you.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 10-25-2012 at 02:48 PM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Here's what it boils down to for me at 6 games in...
    RG3 could be the greatest QB ever to play the game. He plays for the Redskins and I'm not a Redskins fan so then I don't much care. Meanwhile, Luck shows many solid signs of being the real deal at QB himself and he plays for the Colts. I'm a fan of the Colts so I am much more interested in what Luck does and how he progresses. It's 6 games in and neither has done enough to write any guarantees about how their career will go.... either way.

But at the end of the day no matter what RG3 does it's of little concern to me. Tom Brady has done some incredible things in his career too. I can respect when players on other teams do incredible things but that doesn't degrade what players on a team that I root for do (unless of course the other team is playing my team ).
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    Making generalized comparisons between Newton, Bradford and Luck is ill-advised, we're talking a big difference in pedigree. It's not like I didn't watch Newton and Bradford.... I watched all of them. They are not even close to Luck.

I don't know what else to tell people like you and Blu. Consistently being the proverbial "antagonist" or devil's advocate just to "provide the opposite side of the argument" ultimately doesn't do a whole lot for me, because I'm not easily tricked or persuaded by false stats and gimmicks. I know exactly what I'm looking at. I know the bad traits to look for in QBs, and I've seen them in many many quarterbacks --- Luck lacks most of those traits. In fact, he lacks almost all of them. The only flaws in his game right now is that he's just inexperienced, and every snap/throw he's involved in will reduce that. I know what teams do to try to cover things up, which is what we're seeing with RG3 right now.

I've been obsessed watching football for 20 years with a particular eye on QB mechanics (born out of the fact that when I first became a Colts fan, what we needed was a damn quarterback) --- Luck is by far the best QB I've seen as a prospect. Making comparisons about who his receivers are, and making comments that make it clear that people aren't taking into account the systems they play in, the opponents, what their respective teams are trying to do, not looking at his mental make-up --- all that leads to people just not knowing what they're talking about. I'm looking directly at Luck and Luck alone --- he's got *everything* you could ask for in a quarterback. Been saying that for months now. I never gush like this about a player, because I'm usually pretty critical.

He's physically ideal. He's mentally ideal. He's emotionally ideal. He's mechanically ideal. I've never seen a player come into the league who, across the board, possessed the entire plethora of ideal traits. I'm telling you all, when this kid puts it all together, settles down, we get a team around him, we're in for a real treat. In the meanwhile, we're gonna hafta put up with these silly week-to-week "who's the hottest fire" ******** that we're being subjected to from players like RG3. Dude lost his game last week, and all we've heard about since then is RG3 for MVP. That, my friends, is called hype, and it *always* comes down eventually. Luck wins his game while not even really making any huge mistakes and making the plays necessary to win, and we get fools on here talking about why he's not as good as RG3. Just three weeks ago when Luck beat Green Bay, the media hopped off RG3 and onto him. You can't follow the media, you can't allow yourself to get sucked up into that crap, because the media 1) doesn't know what they're talking about, and 2) flip-flop almost on a daily basis. You need to watch for yourself, every movement, every decision Luck makes instead of staring at the damn stat sheet. When you put everything into context, which is what I've been harping on forever now, you *should* be able to make the differentiation yourself about who the real gem of this draft was. It's Luck. I feel pretty damn depressed that I have to defend this kid on a weekly basis to my own fellow fans. If you really get easily sucked up into hype then perhaps you should go root for RG3. We'll see you again in a year or two when the bandwagon breaks down and reality dawns on you.
    Please do not EVER compare me to OlBlu because me and him are nothing alike. Just because I don't think Luck is the greatest thing since sliced bread just yet doesn't mean I'm purposely trying to p*** everyone off. When Luck plays well, I'm genuinely happy and I comment on the things he's done.(look at my comments from the GB game) I think Luck is good but just because I'm not satisfied with 11 TO's and 53% completion percentage, doesn't mean I hate Luck or anything of the sort.

IN FACT--I've even said that I think that RGIII will eventually be better than Luck. EVENTUALLY. But RGIII is playing better right now. It doesn't make me a troll by saying that when there are plenty of factors that backup my claim. Am I right in everyone's eyes? No. But I'm not just stating my opinion for the hell of it nor am I stating my opinion to pi** off you or any other poster.

Andrew Luck the number one overall pick should be able to complete 58-60% of his passes. If that's unreasonable, then I'm unreasonable.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I respect RG3, too, but when I watch him, and I put everything into context about him, there are holes, and some things I don't find conducive to long-term success, both physically and mentally. I think what we're seeing is the proverbial "taking the league by storm and then they come down to earth when teams figure him out and just never see that level again." I'm not trying to be a homer or just a poor sport in regards to him --- I see some great abilities by him, but I also genuinely see flaws, and I know the reasons for *why* he's put up the stats he has so far. It's a pretty obvious puzzle to put together.

Luck has done absolutely nothing to send up flags for me.

RG3 has already:
    - *****ed about the physicality of the NFL.
    - Gotten a concussion and missed playing time
    - Done a million commercials
    - Has developed a rep around the league's defenders to become a target. He's made a lot of comments about how guys are hitting him hard after plays and saying stuff. That is only going to make things worse.
    - Ran the ball wayyy too much.
    - Has that overcockiness in his interviews.

His game will be a lot easier for defenses to gameplan against down the road.

He's certainly fast, and can zip the ball. He does a good job not turning the ball over in Shanny's oversimplified offensive system of short dinks and dunks and getting a lot of YAC. He's not being pushed to develop his game like Luck is in terms of reading defenses, absorbing the playbook.

To me, it's just adding up to a predictable outcome in a year or two. You can get by early on like he is because teams just haven't gameplanned for a QB like him, but all they need is one game against him and the next time they see him, things change.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 10-25-2012 at 03:17 PM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/pos...-luck-its-good

A progress report on Luck (it’s good)

The gushing can be a little much at times, which is surely a part of why Andrew Luck avoids it.

He’s not particularly interested in what is said about him. Luck will not see this progress report, and that will save him a couple of minutes -- and do nothing for getting this blog known by the division’s headline player.

Nevertheless, we forge ahead.

Six games into his rookie season, Luck has done fine work as the quarterback of the rebuilding Colts. He has just the poise and presence we talked about leading into and out of the draft and training camp. He has command of the offense and the huddle. He quickly understands his mistakes and gets ticked off at himself if he repeats them.

“I’m very impressed,” ESPN.com's Matt Williamson said. “He’s poised. He gets it. All the physical stuff is there. The supporting cast is bad -- he makes it look better than it is -- and he has made his share of rookie mistakes. But I have no doubt that he is all he was cracked up to be.”

While Washington’s Robert Griffin III has been more dynamic and drawn more attention, the case can be made that Luck has played just as well or better. As Chase Stuart points out in a New York Times blog entry, Luck is generally throwing further downfield than Griffin and hardly checks the ball down, which explains a lot about the difference in their respective numbers.

And it’s Luck’s team, not RG3’s, that currently qualifies as a viable playoff contender. It’s not his fault the AFC has so many average teams. Sunday he will lead the Colts into Nashville for a matchup that’s far more important than any of us imagined it could be.

The winner will have four wins. If it’s the Colts, they’ll be 4-3, already doubling last season’s win total in the first year of a rebuild that includes new management, a new coaching staff, new schemes and a new quarterback who was the draft’s top pick.

That’s some accelerated rebounding for a team whose coach, Chuck Pagano, is battling leukemia, and who has an offensive coordinator, Bruce Arians, filling in by wearing the big headset. While a lot of people have contributed to the success so far, nothing is more important to the health, direction and vibe of a franchise than its quarterback.

[+] Enlarge
    Joe Robbins/Getty Images"He's light-years ahead of where we thought he would be," Bruce Arians said of Andrew Luck.

“I think Bruce has done a great job of giving Andrew things he is familiar with and can operate well,” said Bill Polian, who was vice chairman the Colts from 1998 through last year and is now an ESPN analyst. “Andrew has done a terrific job of preparation and study on both opponents and his own people. In addition, like RG3, he has that special ‘something’ that all great ones have. I said in the spring that I believed both were can't-miss, and I still feel that way.”

“You would never think [Luck] is a rookie,” Titans coach and Pro Football Hall of Famer Mike Munchak said. “I think he looks very comfortable. He looks like Peyton [Manning] on the play-action stuff. He’s very comfortable in the pocket. He moves around it very nicely. His eyes stay down the field. He’s not looking to run, he’s not looking to throw the quick pass.

“He’s going to give his receivers time to get open. I think he’s done a good job with that. He’s getting rid of the ball. He’s not taking the sack, but he’s taking hits because he’ll hold on to it to make a bigger play. You don’t see many rookies that will do that.”

Luck cites two things when asked about the biggest adjustment from Stanford to the Colts: The speed of the linebackers is so much better, and many more protections are far more complicated because of the vast variety of blitzes he faces.

Where he can improve the most is with more accurate deep balls. Per ESPN Stats & Information, he’s at 51.5 percent on balls thrown from 11 to 20 yards, 39.4 percent on throws more than 21 yards and 12.5 percent (just one of eight) on balls thrown more than 31 yards. Deep-threat receiver Donnie Avery has been targeted 54 times, tied for 17th in the NFL, and should have more than 25 catches and a bigger average than his 12.2.

Luck's response to mistakes is super-healthy and a big part of why his growth curve is so steep.

“I think I realized, you throw an interception, bad deal, but if you have another chance to go out there, you better get rid of that thought on the interception and worry about the next play, or else you’ll be doing your team a bigger disservice,” he said. “That’s sort of the approach I’ve tried to take. It’s worked out all right.”

The Colts’ patchwork offensive line isn’t great at protecting Luck, but some of his 16 sacks are not on the guys in front of him.

“A couple of hits and sacks [against Cleveland] were 100 percent on me, and that is something I hope to get better at, and not repeat the same mistakes twice,” Luck said. “The line has done a great job all year of blocking their butts off. They know that I appreciate what they’re doing. A couple of those are on me.”

Arians has no issue putting Luck and the offense into no-huddle situations, and the quarterback has excelled with it. It’s something that Arians, who was also offensive coordinator for the Colts when Manning started his pro career, didn’t install until Manning’s second year.

At times, Arians has to be conscious of slowing things down for the five other rookies on that side of the ball getting regular playing time.

“I think nothing surprises me with [Luck] anymore,” Arians said. “He’s light-years ahead of where we thought he would be. There’s nothing really left to put in the playbook that we haven’t installed, and he’s been extremely good in clutch situations."

Indianapolis is a team with holes for sure.

The run effort in the win over the Browns was better and set a new standard, but there is no reason yet to expect a consistent run game. While safety Tom Zbikowski is coming off his best game, he has not been consistent. The team is recovering from a slew of injuries along the defensive line and to both of its premier ends turned outside linebackers, Dwight Freeney and Robert Mathis.

But this whole rebuild that started with general manager Ryan Grigson and Pagano is keyed on Luck. Grigson will continue to try to surround his star quarterback with talent that can help him excel. Pagano and Arians will continue to shape schemes that are most favorable to him. The fan base should be thrilled that there is tangible progress in the present, and it should have great optimism about the future.

Already, teams like the Titans know that to beat a team that dissolved into a 2-14 mess a year ago, they’ll have to limit Luck.

“He is unfazed by rushers," Titans defensive end Kamerion Wimbley said. “I think he’s a tough quarterback, he’s taken hits. He’s not going to get panicked or anything like that. He’s making big-time throws. I think he’s faster than a lot of people think. You definitely have to be aware as a rusher of staying in your lanes and making sure you can contain him.”

Finally, how does Luck judge his own progress?

“What I’ve learned in this short time is that it’s hard to get a win,” he said. “Everybody is good. I think as an offense, we’re getting better, improving. We have to get better if we want to start getting wins, and being a winning football team.

“I didn’t really know what to expect coming into this season. I didn’t put up benchmarks of 'I want to have thrown this many yards by this date,' or have limited interceptions to this number by this date. I do think we’re improving, and I’m improving.”
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

Also:

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat...-paul-kuharsky

Matthias (Indianapolis)

With the Mnning era over in Indy, how would you rate Luck's performance so far?.. on an A-F scale, I give him about a C+...Honestly,..there are games where he looks Brillant, (GB comeback), games where he looks like a game manager QB ( Browns), and games where he looks God awful ( Jets)..Will he ever get better and more consistent?..Your thoughts Paul?

Paul Kuharsky (12:32 PM)

"Will he ever get better and more consistent?" Seriously? He's played SIX GAMES. He's been very good for a rookie quarterback on a bad team. I give him a B-plus, easily.

James (Indianapolis)

For as highly touted as Andrew Luck has been do you find his completion percentage to be concerning?

Paul Kuharsky (12:51 PM)

I do not. He throws the ball further down the field than anyone, and you complete fewer of those.Here's the big column on him.A progress report on Luck (it's good)
    Last edited by Suaveness; 10-25-2012 at 03:26 PM.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Well since we all know how highly OlBlu thinks of The Maestro Bill Polian....

“I think Bruce has done a great job of giving Andrew things he is familiar with and can operate well,” said Bill Polian, who was vice chairman the Colts from 1998 through last year and is now an ESPN analyst. “Andrew has done a terrific job of preparation and study on both opponents and his own people. In addition, like RG3, he has that special ‘something’ that all great ones have. I said in the spring that I believed both were can't-miss, and I still feel that way.”

So Polian thought Luck is a can't miss prospect. Polian think's he has that special "something" that all the greats have.

He feels the same way about RGIII.

I also think RGIII is very good now and likely to be good for a long time. I do think his hype machine is a bit out of control. After losing that game to the Giants, it's like the national media just completely glossed over the fact that he did just as much to lose that game as he did to win it. He just happened to come out on the wrong side of it. Why? BECAUSE HE'S A FREAKING ROOKIE. Just like Luck.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    I respect RG3, too, but when I watch him, and I put everything into context about him, there are holes, and some things I don't find conducive to long-term success, both physically and mentally. I think what we're seeing is the proverbial "taking the league by storm and then they come down to earth when teams figure him out and just never see that level again." I'm not trying to be a homer or just a poor sport in regards to him --- I see some great abilities by him, but I also genuinely see flaws, and I know the reasons for *why* he's put up the stats he has so far. It's a pretty obvious puzzle to put together.

Luck has done absolutely nothing to send up flags for me.

RG3 has already:
    - *****ed about the physicality of the NFL.
    - Gotten a concussion and missed playing time
    - Done a million commercials
    - Has developed a rep around the league's defenders to become a target. He's made a lot of comments about how guys are hitting him hard after plays and saying stuff. That is only going to make things worse.
    - Ran the ball wayyy too much.
    - Has that overcockiness in his interviews.

His game will be a lot easier for defenses to gameplan against down the road.

He's certainly fast, and can zip the ball. He does a good job not turning the ball over in Shanny's oversimplified offensive system of short dinks and dunks and getting a lot of YAC. He's not being pushed to develop his game like Luck is in terms of reading defenses, absorbing the playbook.

To me, it's just adding up to a predictable outcome in a year or two. You can get by early on like he is because teams just haven't gameplanned for a QB like him, but all they need is one game against him and the next time they see him, things change.
    this thread has gone in circles and gone no where fast, so this will be my last post.

RG3 *****ed because of cheap shots by the Rams, not because of the physicality.

Why let facts get in the way of a good story though.

He did take a big hit to the head, but the very next game he also proved he lear rd andactually started sliding.

I actually think he sounds humble in his invrerviews, but thats about as relevant as how many commercials he does (clearly hes a slacker. Since he spent days and weeks if his time voluntarily before he was signed learning the playbook and working out with he WO's and TE's)

19. The Following User Says Thank You to vapacersfan For This Useful Post:

Andrew Luck has a higher QBR than Robert Griffin III

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    Andrew Luck has a higher QBR than Robert Griffin III
    So what? He is rated almost last in traditional QB rating and RGIII is about third..... Right now, Luck would not be allowed to carry RGIII's jock....

Banned
    Mood

My gf brought this up to me, maybe I'm Biased because Peyton is my fave football player AND Andrew Luck is on my fantasy team lol
    Well, it is clear that you are biased toward Luck. Nothing wrong with that. A bit delusional perhaps but nothing wrong with it...

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    So what? He is rated almost last in traditional QB rating and RGIII is about third..... Right now, Luck would not be allowed to carry RGIII's jock....
    if you can show me one other person who agrees with that statement I will admit you are right

Well, it is clear that you are biased toward Luck. Nothing wrong with that. A bit delusional perhaps but nothing wrong with it...
    I don't understand why you hate Luck so much.
    Smothered Chicken!

Banned
    Mood

70%? I said 60%
    Don't confuse him with facts, you will upset his digestion....

Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    he can't get over his crush on Manning, Luck replaced Manning, so he thinks that he should hate on everything Luck does

Why would Luck even want to hold the jock of a QB for a LAST PLACE 3-4 team?

28. The Following User Says Thank You to hoosierguy For This Useful Post:

Peyton Manning completed only 56% of his passes as a rookie. What a worthless bust he turned out to be.

OlButt is grasping at straws in his pathetic and desperate attempts to criticize Andrew Luck. What a waste of a human being.

So much for the Colts starting 0-8 and taking 5 years to rebuild.

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post

Why do you like a mediocre QB so much? Except for on method that no one I can see uses, Luck is the worst or next to worst QB in the NFL. What is there to like. By the way, I didn't think the Colts should have cut Manning to draft Luck but putting that aside and you can look it up, I thought that RGIII was much better and he was going to be a star. I pointed out that some experts had said that they have never seen Luck thrown an NFL pass in college and they had questions about his arm strength.... So, if we were going to take a QB, I was pretty sure they were taking the wrong one. I think I hit a homerun on that one....

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    Peyton Manning completed only 56% of his passes as a rookie. What a worthless bust he turned out to be.

OlButt is grasping at straws in his pathetic and desperate attempts to criticize Andrew Luck. What a waste of a human being.

So much for the Colts starting 0-8 and taking 5 years to rebuild.

Five years is still in play and I would be delighed if Luck was 56%. He is 53%. It isn't a desperate attempt to criticize Luck, the facts and stats are there. He may be the worst QB in the entire NFL and is certainly the worst starting rookie QB... If he played anywhere else, he would have yanked and benched long ago..... But, don't worry, you will get the chance to draft the next overhyped and overrated QB in the draft......

Why do you like a mediocre QB so much? Except for on method that no one I can see uses, Luck is the worst or next to worst QB in the NFL. What is there to like. By the way, I didn't think the Colts should have cut Manning to draft Luck but putting that aside and you can look it up, I thought that RGIII was much better and he was going to be a star. I pointed out that some experts had said that they have never seen Luck thrown an NFL pass in college and they had questions about his arm strength.... So, if we were going to take a QB, I was pretty sure they were taking the wrong one. I think I hit a homerun on that one....
    RG III has done NOTHING. His team is 3-4 with wins over the 2-4 Saints, 2-4 Redskins, and 5-2 Vikings. Whoopdy do.

Luck took over the reigns of a team coming off a 2-14 season that lost a lot of key veterans, has a new coaching staff, numerous injuries, the HC is out for the year battling CANCER, and still the Colts are 3-3 with wins over two teams with winning records.

Only an absolute IDIOT would definitely evaluate the quality of a QB after six games. Get back to me after six SEASONS knucklehead.

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    RG III has done NOTHING. His team is 3-4 with wins over the 2-4 Saints, 2-4 Redskins, and 5-2 Vikings. Whoopdy do.

Luck took over the reigns of a team coming off a 2-14 season that lost a lot of key veterans, has a new coaching staff, numerous injuries, the HC is out for the year battling CANCER, and still the Colts are 3-3 with wins over two teams with winning records.

Only an absolute IDIOT would definitely evaluate the quality of a QB after six games. Get back to me after six SEASONS knucklehead.
    I agree with you, we will certainly be rebuilding after six seasons of Luck. How about cutting the name calling (Old Butt, Idiot and Knucklehead). I know you are an IU fan and that makes you challenged in many ways but I do not call you names....

Why do you like a mediocre QB so much? Except for on method that no one I can see uses, Luck is the worst or next to worst QB in the NFL. What is there to like. By the way, I didn't think the Colts should have cut Manning to draft Luck but putting that aside and you can look it up, I thought that RGIII was much better and he was going to be a star. I pointed out that some experts had said that they have never seen Luck thrown an NFL pass in college and they had questions about his arm strength.... So, if we we are going to take a QB, I was pretty sure they were taking the wrong one. I think I hit a homerun on that one....
    you DID NOT HIT A HOMERUN, your big stat on Luck is he only completes 54% of his passes, well Manning only completed 56% of his passes in his rookie year (ironic you always ignore that stat, huh?) and look at their throws, Luck throws much tougher passes than Griffin which is why Griffin's completion % is so high, by the way, how many game winning drives has RGIII led? I know Luck has already had 2 and it should have been 3, so Luck is also more clutch than RGIII

35. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    you DID NOT HIT A HOMERUN, your big stat on Luck is he only completes 54% of his passes, well Manning only completed 56% of his passes in his rookie year (ironic you always ignore that stat, huh?) and look at their throws, Luck throws much tougher passes than Griffin which is why Griffin's completion % is so high, by the way, how many game winning drives has RGIII led? I know Luck has already had 2 and it should have been 3, so Luck is also more clutch than RGIII
    Absolute nonsense. 53%, not 54%. I don't ignore that stat at all. What makes you think that Luck's percentage would improve with different kinds of passes? If this is true, why isn't the offense being designed to give him those passes? You can't tell anything about clutch in six games but after seeing RGIII give his team the lead in the last 1:30 against the Giants at their stadium (not his fault the defense gave up a TD bomb), I would take RGIII in all facets of the game right now. I said that before the draft, I said it in the preseason and I still say. RGIII is already a star. Luck is a Struggling QB on a very bad team......