Page 33 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast
Results 801 to 825 of 1692

Thread: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

  1. #801
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by LuckSwagger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Kind of shoots a hole in the passer rating argument you've been clinging to, doesn't it?
    No. The fact is that all newspapers and most networks show Luck as the 31st ranked QB in the NFL. You can argue against that all you want but it is the truth. You can make up all of the excuses you want and it will still be true. RGIII is ranked in the top five and that is true too. You may not like these things, you may think the stats are skewed but it is the truth and the whole truth. Now, Suck with Luck and enjoy yourself. You will have years to enjoy it and RGIII will still be considered a great QB. Who is getting all of the endorsements? All of these things are signs that RGIII is a superstar right now and Luck is not....

  2. #802
    THE WITCH IS DEAD!!! Coopdog23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Bank
    Posts
    3,027

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What in the world makes you think Luck will ever make the playoffs much less the superbowl. This is a very bad team.....
    In the division their in? They only have to beat Houston once.
    Smothered Chicken!

  3. #803
    THE WITCH IS DEAD!!! Coopdog23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Bank
    Posts
    3,027

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Because he doesn't have to pass that much to be very effective?
    Because his RBs get him over 130 yards a game on the ground and he runs the ball for more yards than he passes. He's just an athlete, not a QB. I need to see more from him
    Smothered Chicken!

  4. #804
    THE WITCH IS DEAD!!! Coopdog23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Bank
    Posts
    3,027

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just to add to that he hasn't even had his bye week and if you take out his yards after the catch he's only passed for 672 yards. Do the same for Luck and he has still passed for over a thousand and thats with having a bye week.
    Are we talking about RG3 or Luck?
    Smothered Chicken!

  5. #805

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No. The fact is that all newspapers and most networks show Luck as the 31st ranked QB in the NFL. You can argue against that all you want but it is the truth. You can make up all of the excuses you want and it will still be true. RGIII is ranked in the top five and that is true too. You may not like these things, you may think the stats are skewed but it is the truth and the whole truth. Now, Suck with Luck and enjoy yourself. You will have years to enjoy it and RGIII will still be considered a great QB. Who is getting all of the endorsements? All of these things are signs that RGIII is a superstar right now and Luck is not....
    Lets see do I go with the arcaiac stat that's dumb down for dumb people or do I go with a QB rating system that combines rushing Tds, yac, and penality yards into one comprehensive stat. Saying something is old doesn't make it better.

    Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are we talking about RG3 or Luck?
    RG3

  6. #806
    Get well PG! DGPR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Whiteland, IN
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,040

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No. The fact is that all newspapers and most networks show Luck as the 31st ranked QB in the NFL. You can argue against that all you want but it is the truth. You can make up all of the excuses you want and it will still be true. RGIII is ranked in the top five and that is true too. You may not like these things, you may think the stats are skewed but it is the truth and the whole truth. Now, Suck with Luck and enjoy yourself. You will have years to enjoy it and RGIII will still be considered a great QB. Who is getting all of the endorsements? All of these things are signs that RGIII is a superstar right now and Luck is not....
    This morning you said you didn't think Luck was the worst quarterback in the league. And yesterday you said that you don't rely on stats like the rest of us. So tell me how you plan on lying and TROLLING some more. You aren't a Colts fan so quit lying about it. And I thought you said endorsements and advertising don't make a superstar?!? Will you really stop with the ******** and tell us you are really just leading us on for the fun of it? You are leading the board in excuses for ones self.
    "I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

  7. #807
    THE WITCH IS DEAD!!! Coopdog23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Bank
    Posts
    3,027

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No. The fact is that all newspapers and most networks show Luck as the 31st ranked QB in the NFL. You can argue against that all you want but it is the truth. You can make up all of the excuses you want and it will still be true. RGIII is ranked in the top five and that is true too. You may not like these things, you may think the stats are skewed but it is the truth and the whole truth. Now, Suck with Luck and enjoy yourself. You will have years to enjoy it and RGIII will still be considered a great QB. Who is getting all of the endorsements? All of these things are signs that RGIII is a superstar right now and Luck is not....


    No ESPN has Luck ranked 16th and RG3 ranked 18th. Luck is the highest ranked rookie in their rookie rankings with RG3 second.
    Smothered Chicken!

  8. #808
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by DGPR View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This morning you said you didn't think Luck was the worst quarterback in the league. And yesterday you said that you don't rely on stats like the rest of us. So tell me how you plan on lying and TROLLING some more. You aren't a Colts fan so quit lying about it. And I thought you said endorsements and advertising don't make a superstar?!? Will you really stop with the ******** and tell us you are really just leading us on for the fun of it? You are leading the board in excuses for ones self.
    I think only superstars tend to get endorsements but getting endorsements does not make you a superstar. You play makes you a superstar. I don't think Luck is the worst QB in the league and I don't think that RGIII is the best. I think they are both between 15 and 20 but I do give the advantage to RGIII. People keep talking stats so I show stats that back up what I say. What I say can be much different that what I really think. That is not lying, that is trying to get other people to really think too and not just blindly drink what you are getting from the Colts. I have been a Colts van since I was fifteen years old or a little before. I am very disenchanted with the franchise right now. I wish we had a different owner and different management. That doesn't mean that I am not a fan. Don't some of you wish we had an offensive line? There really isn't much difference. I am old enough to remember the Colts before Peyton Manning and I'll tell you that it wasn't pretty. The only thing that changed was Jimmy Boy hired the Polians and got out of the way and they got Peyton Manning. Now, the Polians are gone and Jimmy Boy is back being active again. That is a recipe for disaster and that is exactly what I think will happen. I hope every day that I am wrong but deep down I don't believe I really am..... Luck, I really don't care that much about him. He may be reasonable some day. I just see that we need 15 to 25 better players to be competitive and that doesn't count an aging Reggie Wayne (who has been the MVP of the Colts) and Mathis and Freeney. That is a lot of holes to fill. I know they won't do it in free agency. I don't have any faith in the current coaching staff or management to build the team through the draft. I saw them draft two tight ends when they should have known how desparate they were for offensive linemen and defensive players. So, yes, I am a Colts fan. I am just not a happy Colts fan right now.........

  9. #809
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No ESPN has Luck ranked 16th and RG3 ranked 18th. Luck is the highest ranked rookie in their rookie rankings with RG3 second.
    Then they are idiots...... Although I just said that in reality I thought they were both from 15th to 20th with RGIII have a decided advantage over Luck......

  10. #810
    THE WITCH IS DEAD!!! Coopdog23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Bank
    Posts
    3,027

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Then they are idiots...... Although I just said that in reality I thought they were both from 15th to 20th with RGIII have a decided advantage over Luck......
    Luck is better than RG3, thats the fact. RG3 has so much help around him. Offensively and defensively, the Redskins are way more talented than the Colts, even though the Colts would beat them if they played each other, but Luck has a one win team at 3-3 and RG3 has a 4 or 5 win team at 3-4.
    Smothered Chicken!

  11. #811
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No ESPN has Luck ranked 16th and RG3 ranked 18th. Luck is the highest ranked rookie in their rookie rankings with RG3 second.
    Here is an article that lists RGIII as the number one QB based on the QB rating standard they use. Luck isn't on the list.....

    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...iii/index.html

    Please note the QBs this system places at the top. It is a list of who's who in the NFL..... Peyton is second....

  12. #812
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,268

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    If Jimmy Boy would've taken an active role sooner before Polian went senile or problems with the team became so obvious that fans and media alike saw them but it only fueled Polian's stubbornness to not address them then Manning would probably still be the Colts QB.

    We never should've have been so bad during the Manning era, particularly the last half of it, to ever even sniff the #1 pick even with Manning missing significant games due to injury/health. That falls on Polian and that kind of incompetence, laziness, or stubbornness is why Polian is no longer with the Colts. And deservedly so IMHO.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:


  14. #813

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Here is an article that lists RGIII as the number one QB based on the QB rating standard they use. Luck isn't on the list.....

    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...iii/index.html

    Please note the QBs this system places at the top. It is a list of who's who in the NFL..... Peyton is second....
    So basically it has the same flaws as the passer rating but just rewards for rushing Td's and as far as I can tell its the only site that uses this rating.

  15. #814

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by DGPR View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This morning you said you didn't think Luck was the worst quarterback in the league. And yesterday you said that you don't rely on stats like the rest of us. So tell me how you plan on lying and TROLLING some more. You aren't a Colts fan so quit lying about it. And I thought you said endorsements and advertising don't make a superstar?!? Will you really stop with the ******** and tell us you are really just leading us on for the fun of it? You are leading the board in excuses for ones self.
    It looks like its Bob Zagami in his avatar. Zagami is from the Boston area, meaning he's likely a Patriots fan. So OB is either Zagami or its his RV idol, and he's likely a Patriots fan as well. Which would make sense. He can't troll the board on the Patriots or with Brady anymore with Peyton gone. His next best alternative, troll the board's newest star QB with the the QB he'll be most linked to.

    Peyton :: Brady as Luck ::RG3

  16. #815
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So basically it has the same flaws as the passer rating but just rewards for rushing Td's and as far as I can tell its the only site that uses this rating.
    I think that is about right. I hope with all of these posts I have shown that stats can't be trusted because someone will always produce something that show exactly the opposite of any thing else. When you come down to it, it is a fan thing. You are either a Colts fan or you are not. You are either a Luck fan or you are not. You are either an RGIII fan or you are not. I am a Colts fan (disenchanted currently). I am not a Luck fan and I may never be. I have become an RGIII fan and while I do not think he is the best QB in the NFL, I am pretty sure that RGIII is the best football player in the NFL and he is exciting to watch..... By the way, the talk about Brady and Manning has gone on for their whole careers and that will continue to be the case. I think Peyton did much more with less than Brady and he is the best QB of this era. Other people swear that Brady is even though he hasn't won a Super Bowl in a long time. RGIII and Luck are going to be tied to the hip their entire career unless one of them gets seriously injured....... That is good for the NFL. I'm not sure any of it is good for the Colts who have stripped down to the bone and it will take YEARS to rebuild all of that. I am not a fan of getting your QB before you have anything like a team around him. When they Colts drafted Peyton, they already had the base for the team that would win for years. I think RGIII is far closer to that situation than Luck is. I have not seen many teams start with their franchise QB with nothing around him succeed in doing anything but getting him hurt or ruining his career. There are many examples of this. But, that is just my opinion that I value very highly.....

  17. #816

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have already posted the stats that show exactly the opposite. Do you think that anyone outside of Indianapolis really thinks Luck is better than RGIII? Really? You folks in Indiana are being laughed at by the entire country.......
    This is ESPN stats evaluated by NY Times sports analysts so we are not talking about what people in Indy think. Obviously you didn't read the article as you don't address any of the points made and have nothing to say about it.

  18. #817

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think that is about right. I hope with all of these posts I have shown that stats can't be trusted because someone will always produce something that show exactly the opposite of any thing else. When you come down to it, it is a fan thing. You are either a Colts fan or you are not. You are either a Luck fan or you are not. You are either an RGIII fan or you are not. I am a Colts fan (disenchanted currently). I am not a Luck fan and I may never be. I have become an RGIII fan and while I do not think he is the best QB in the NFL, I am pretty sure that RGIII is the best football player in the NFL and he is exciting to watch..... By the way, the talk about Brady and Manning has gone on for their whole careers and that will continue to be the case. I think Peyton did much more with less than Brady and he is the best QB of this era. Other people swear that Brady is even though he hasn't won a Super Bowl in a long time. RGIII and Luck are going to be tied to the hip their entire career unless one of them gets seriously injured....... That is good for the NFL. I'm not sure any of it is good for the Colts who have stripped down to the bone and it will take YEARS to rebuild all of that. I am not a fan of getting your QB before you have anything like a team around him. When they Colts drafted Peyton, they already had the base for the team that would win for years. I think RGIII is far closer to that situation than Luck is. I have not seen many teams start with their franchise QB with nothing around him succeed in doing anything but getting him hurt or ruining his career. There are many examples of this. But, that is just my opinion that I value very highly.....
    NO I get your point of view its just that your a fan of hyperboles. You make a lot of them see Cam Newton = QB of this generation post and this is why you are wrong more than right concerning the Colts. This team isn't as bad as you make it out to be and the RG3 isn't as good as you make him out to be. He is good but not world beater multiple championships good. He has one staple win against a good defense and Luck has the same.

    These few weeks will tell a lot of both. The steelers are a dangerous opponent for RG3 even if its without Troy.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Gamble1 For This Useful Post:


  20. #818

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Jimmy Boy would've taken an active role sooner before Polian went senile or problems with the team became so obvious that fans and media alike saw them but it only fueled Polian's stubbornness to not address them then Manning would probably still be the Colts QB.

    We never should've have been so bad during the Manning era, particularly the last half of it, to ever even sniff the #1 pick even with Manning missing significant games due to injury/health. That falls on Polian and that kind of incompetence, laziness, or stubbornness is why Polian is no longer with the Colts. And deservedly so IMHO.
    ​I can't like this enough. So absolutely true.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  21. #819
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is ESPN stats evaluated by NY Times sports analysts so we are not talking about what people in Indy think. Obviously you didn't read the article as you don't address any of the points made and have nothing to say about it.
    I did read it. It makes excuses for Luck just like all of you do. I have run articles from different places that indicate that Luck is either the 30th or 31st best QB in the NFL. Do I believe that? No. Do I believe Luck is in the top five? Hell, no. Both RGIII and Luck rate between 15 and 20 in my mind. I give Luck the advantage over the two. For every article or poll you find showing Luck rated highly, I can find one that ranks him at the bottom. The fact is neither is true and the stats are distorted to make them say whatever anyone wants them to say..... I am not a fan of Andrew Luck. I have become a fan of RGIII who isn't the best QB in the NFL as some pundits and some rankings show but, I have come to believe that RGIII IS the best football player in the NFL.....

  22. #820
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,646

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Oh I get it. If it's a positive review by the media for Andrew Luck, then it's "making excuses" and incorrect, whereas positive reviews in the media for RG3 are "factual".
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  23. #821
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ​I can't like this enough. So absolutely true.
    So, do you think Polian would have drafted tightends at two and three when he needed offensive linemen? Everyone in the NFL knows Polian is a genius. The current coaching staff and management has been completely inept and has cost the team one win and almost another...... They will all be gone in three or four years or less and we will have the staff that may or may not have the players to be competitive. Remember, I saw how Irsay performed pre Peyton. We are back to that mode and it was ugly and it will ugly again because Jim Irsay has no football knowledge and shouldn't make any of the decisions....... and this is all absolutely true.....

  24. #822
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh I get it. If it's a positive review by the media for Andrew Luck, then it's "making excuses" and incorrect, whereas positive reviews in the media for RG3 are "factual".
    You don't get s***!!!

  25. #823
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,646

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ... this is why you are wrong more than right concerning the Colts.
    Yea, for someone who by his own words is "right most of the time", he sure is wrong a lot.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  26. #824
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,646

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You don't get s***!!!
    Weird, I think the same thing about you!
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  27. #825
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    NO I get your point of view its just that your a fan of hyperboles. You make a lot of them see Cam Newton = QB of this generation post and this is why you are wrong more than right concerning the Colts. This team isn't as bad as you make it out to be and the RG3 isn't as good as you make him out to be. He is good but not world beater multiple championships good. He has one staple win against a good defense and Luck has the same.

    These few weeks will tell a lot of both. The steelers are a dangerous opponent for RG3 even if its without Troy.
    I never predicted multiple Super Bowl wins for RKIII, Peter King did that, I just reported it. Cam Newton will be back too. Too much talent and physical ability not to be back. He will get a check up from the neck up and he will get back to being just what I said he would be, the QB of this generation.......

Similar Threads

  1. Luck is being sued.
    By Coupe in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-24-2012, 12:39 PM
  2. Luck vs. RG3
    By Kid Minneapolis in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 165
    Last Post: 04-04-2012, 05:52 PM
  3. Luck's first commercial
    By RWB in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-15-2012, 11:21 AM
  4. Wish me luck...
    By Hicks in forum Market Square (General Non-Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-17-2007, 04:07 AM
  5. With this luck...
    By Jesus Shuttlesworth in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-29-2005, 01:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •