Page 66 of 68 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768 LastLast
Results 1,626 to 1,650 of 1692

Thread: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

Just because I don't outwardly comment about "other angles" doesn't mean I don't too see other angles.

That said... you do alright, va, for bein a non-Colt fan, I want you to know that.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Dual ROY award this year.... I am calling it now.... Unless one bombs and the other explodes I think this competition is going to be considered even for this first year.
    Why so SERIOUS

Like I've been saying, the first time these two dudes meet in a super bowl, is going to be absolutely insane.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Luck and RG3 are both good QBs. Really hard to compare the 2 given they're in completely different circumstances and as such it's too early to say who is better.

I'm probably biased but I wouldn't trade Luck for RG3. While it's always exciting to watch a dual threat QB that shows no fear when running the ball, it's also a recipe for a short career. Thus, Colts will likely benefit by actually having Luck on the field for a higher percentage of the games and for more years.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Like I've been saying, the first time these two dudes meet in a super bowl, is going to be absolutely insane.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swingman View Post
    Luck and RG3 are both good QBs. Really hard to compare the 2 given they're in completely different circumstances and as such it's too early to say who is better.

I'm probably biased but I wouldn't trade Luck for RG3. While it's always exciting to watch a dual threat QB that shows no fear when running the ball, it's also a recipe for a short career. Thus, Colts will likely benefit by actually having Luck on the field for a higher percentage of the games and for more years.
    Yeah I was thinking about saying something along the lines of this when Trader Joe was talking about a superbowl, made me think back to when I heard on the Thursday night game that Vick has only mad it through a complete season once in his career, that is not a good thing. While I think that Griffin has a higher ceiling than Vick, and is way more than a pocket passer than Vick, but he does put his body in situations where he can get injured a little bit more often than a person would want to see.

RGIII may never make it to a superbowl with the way that he plays.
    Why so SERIOUS

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Same could be said for big ben and the punishment he takes in the pocket.

taking hits in the pocket isn't nearly as dangerous as taking hits on the run, especially when you're jumping over defenders and trying to gain another yard instead of sliding or going out of bounds.

Obviously both can lead to injuries but it's not quite the same

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Swingman For This Useful Post:

I dont disagree. I juat think its funny people are wuick to say RG3 has/will continue to get hurt. While ignoing other passing qb's who have been hurt just as bad, if not worse.

Of course, some people are also predicting failure becausr od the ststem. While praising the Patrits. Who run a college, one word, simple offense

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    I dont disagree. I juat think its funny people are wuick to say RG3 has/will continue to get hurt. While ignoing other passing qb's who have been hurt just as bad, if not worse.

Of course, some people are also predicting failure becausr od the ststem. While praising the Patrits. Who run a college, one word, simple offense
    Doesn't take a rocket scientist to proclaim that a guy who's had 3-4 major scares *already* in his 13 game career that he's going about things incorrectly and if he doesn't address it, he's going to miss time due to injury. Can only tempt the fates so much.

RG3 getting hurt isn't a prediction --- it's a trend. Already. He's already been hurt and missed some plays. And frankly, he's lucky he's not missed more time. I don't know how he hasn't. He's suffered some pretty big injuries, so they must be doin some stuff in those training rooms that defies conventional medication, because that concussion was no joke ,and he was right back out there. That leg injury last week was not pretty, and he was hobbling so bad afterwards. And then the next day, he's walking on it like he just turned his ankle. It's actually pretty unbelievable.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    Doesn't take a rocket scientist to proclaim that a guy who's had 3-4 major scares *already* in his 13 game career that he's going about things incorrectly and if he doesn't address it, he's going to miss time due to injury. Can only tempt the fates so much.

RG3 getting hurt isn't a prediction --- it's a trend. Already. He's already been hurt and missed some plays. And frankly, he's lucky he's not missed more time. I don't know how he hasn't. He's suffered some pretty big injuries, so they must be doin some stuff in those training rooms that defies conventional medication, because that concussion was no joke ,and he was right back out there. That leg injury last week was not pretty, and he was hobbling so bad afterwards. And then the next day, he's walking on it like he just turned his ankle. It's actually pretty unbelievable.
    Not only that, but he blew out an ACL while he was at Baylor a few seasons ago. I really hope the guy can stay healthy and learn to slide and make smart decisions with his health.

No one is claiming other QBs don't get hurt.

It's the CHANCES of getting hurt based on the style of play and the lack of sliding or going out of bounds at the end to avoid the hit.

When it comes to risk of injury, I'd rather take my chances with a pocket passer than a QB that runs and doesn't know when to not go after the extra yard.
    Last edited by Swingman; 12-15-2012 at 02:34 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Swingman For This Useful Post:

No one is claiming other QBs don't get hurt.

It's the CHANCES of getting hurt based on the style of play and the lack of sliding or going out of bounds at the end to avoid the hit.

When it comes to risk of injury, I'd rather take my chances with a pocket passer than a QB that runs and doesn't know when to not go after the extra yard.
    Well the CHANCES have already gone down as he has already LEARNED his lesson on sliding.

Granted he could get hurt running.....but so can a passing QB get hurt standing in the pocket.

Kid, he has learned his lesson. He has already changed his style of play. Sure it would be great if he learned to slide on every play, and you better believe I am screaming that every time he takes off. However, that is not how he was groomed and obviously he is not going to change over night.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/20...N6J/story.html

With 1 word, Patriots’ no-huddle an NFL marvel

FOXBOROUGH — Just one word can be powerful.

Saying, “Help,” lets someone know a person needs assistance.

“Sorry,” can immediately heal some wounds.

“Stop,” could save someone from harm.

Yes, just one word can be potent.

The same holds true for football and the Patriots.

When the Patriots’ offense is at its best and running roughshod over opponents — like getting out to a 31-7 lead in Sunday’s 31-21 victory over the Broncos — it’s when they are going with the fast version of their no-huddle offense.

And against the Broncos, the Patriots ran it faster than ever. It was breathless with 89 offensive plays (second in team history for a non-overtime game since they had 94 in a 28-10 loss to the Steelers in 1989) and a franchise-record 35 first downs, the eighth-highest total in league history.

The NFL never has seen anything like it, and it may never be the same.

How did the Patriots run the offense that fast? What was the key?

One word.

Not one word to describe it.

The Patriots operate their no-huddle attack most often using one word as the play call.

More accurately, they use six one-word play calls a game.

That word tells all 11 players on offense everything they need to know.

Formation.

Blocking scheme.

Direction on run plays.

Routes for receiver on passing plays.

Shifts in formations.

Snap count.

Possible alerts and play alterations.

One word.

“I think the point of it is to try to get everyone going fast,” quarterback Tom Brady said recently. “So as fast as you can get the communication to your teammates, everyone can be on the line of scrimmage, then the better it is.”

The future of NFL offenses has arrived in New England. And it’s thanks to the college game.

Interesting point from a Redskins fan on Extremeskins:

Since football began it has followed a pattern.
    Offense innovates.
    defense adapts.
    Offense must innovate again.

Predicting our offense won't last is like predicting I'll die someday.

eventually there will be a defense that is developed that will stop this. And then the cycle begins anew.

This is pro football. There's no such thing in pro football as a college offense. if it works against pros, it's a pro offense.

As with any defense, the challenge is simple. Stop it, or shut up. Calling it a 'college offense' after it beats you doesn't change the result

~Bang

Mood

taking hits in the pocket isn't nearly as dangerous as taking hits on the run, especially when you're jumping over defenders and trying to gain another yard instead of sliding or going out of bounds.

Obviously both can lead to injuries but it's not quite the same
    Unless they are blindside
    Why so SERIOUS

Mood

Difference is in the situations he puts himself in, the way you can hit a qb in the pocket compared to the way you can hit them as a free runner are differnt. Also the Patriots offense is not that easy, just ask Ocho Cinco.
    Why so SERIOUS

Well the CHANCES have already gone down as he has already LEARNED his lesson on sliding.

Granted he could get hurt running.....but so can a passing QB get hurt standing in the pocket.

Kid, he has learned his lesson. He has already changed his style of play. Sure it would be great if he learned to slide on every play, and you better believe I am screaming that every time he takes off. However, that is not how he was groomed and obviously he is not going to change over night.
    Glad he is slowly learning how to reduce the risk of injury.
    Last edited by Swingman; 12-16-2012 at 01:13 AM.

Bob Griffin is OVERRATED. Kirk Cousins put up huge numbers in that same offense.

Kirk Cousins for Rookie of the Year!!

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I've always said that Cousins is a baller. I think he's not as far behind RG3 as people think, and RG3 isn't all that he's cracked up to be. THe good news for Washington is... they have two pretty good quarterbacks. If RG3 was to miss extended time, I think they'd be pretty damn happy with Cousins, and you know what? They might be better.

That is comical at best, plain stupid to be honest.

Both players are good players, but no, RG3 is not "overrated". Cousins had a great game, but he did not run nearly the same plays that RG3 did. And for good reason.

It is funny if Cousins had lost this game this thread would be quiet. But now that he won a game people are in here touting that as a reason why RG3 is overrated and not very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    I've always said that Cousins is a baller. I think he's not as far behind RG3 as people think, and RG3 isn't all that he's cracked up to be. THe good news for Washington is... they have two pretty good quarterbacks. If RG3 was to miss extended time, I think they'd be pretty damn happy with Cousins, and you know what? They might be better.
    I disagree, and highly disagree they would be better.

I do agree Cousins in a good QB.

I said on facebook today. I was pissed that we took two QB's, but so far it is making Mike Shannahan look like a genius. Of course Cousins started off rough, and had his bad patches, but he showed he could hang in the big time today.

Huge for him, and the team

I disagree, and highly disagree they would be better.

I do agree Cousins in a good QB.

I said on facebook today. I was pissed that we took two QB's, but so far it is making Mike Shannahan look like a genius. Of course Cousins started off rough, and had his bad patches, but he showed he could hang in the big time today.

Huge for him, and the team
    RG3 and Cousins remind me of Vick and Schaub...hope the skins get that good of a package for him...

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Dgreenwell3 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    RG3 and Cousins remind me of Vick and Schaub...hope the skins get that good of a package for him...
    Funny, I said that today (about trading Cousins)

Of course, one game does not make a QB one way or the other.

Funny, I said that today (about trading Cousins)

Of course, one game does not make a QB one way or the other.
    Hopefully the skins do better with the picks though.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    Dual ROY award this year.... I am calling it now.... Unless one bombs and the other explodes I think this competition is going to be considered even for this first year.
    No way, Luck has been ok for a QB great for a rookie. However RG and hell even Russel Wilson have had much better rookie seasons. RG is clearly the rookie of the year it really shouldn't even be a debate.