Page 59 of 68 FirstFirst ... 949555657585960616263 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 1692

Thread: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

Next stop June 2015

Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Griffin needs to stop doing that or else he will be out of the league before the end of the decade. That is an awful decision for a QB. With Griffin's size and his running I would be worried about durability. 1 concussion already.
    That's a crazy thing for a RB, let alone a QB to be doing. Yes, he's a dynamic offensive player. But that is the type of play that could break your neck or give you a severe concussion. Redskin fans should hate seeing this. Colts fans would go nuts if they saw Luck doing that.

edit: btw, it's not just been 1 concussion. He had a serious one last year at Baylor. Those things add up...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    That's a crazy thing for a RB, let alone a QB to be doing. Yes, he's a dynamic offensive player. But that is the type of play that could break your neck or give you a severe concussion. Redskin fans should hate seeing this. Colts fans would go nuts if they saw Luck doing that.

edit: btw, it's not just been 1 concussion. He had a serious one last year at Baylor. Those things add up...
    The way his right leg comes down in that video he's lucky he didnt break his leg or blow out an ACL.

"I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DGPR For This Useful Post:

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yep, he was vulnerable in a number of ways there, very ugly play and bad decision.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Griffin needs to look less like Vick and more like McNabb. McNabb had a hell of a career (with **** weapons) and its because he learned how to ditch the running QB game. At the start of his career he ran a ton, but then refocused on being a pocket passer. Still had great mobility and used it well, but you have to avoid the hits. And Griffin isn't as built as McNabb was (dude used to bench 500lbs).

RG3 has a great arm, there isn't a reason to run so much and take those hits.

Did anyone mention the dumb Redskins play against Pitt last week?

On the play, Griffin flipped the ball to receiver Josh Morgan on a reverse to the right and then ran out of the backfield on a pass route. Morgan eluded a defender and heaved the ball downfield to Griffin along the left sideline.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...ii-trick-play/

I would have been livid if I were a Redskins fan.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Did anyone mention the dumb Redskins play against Pitt last week?

On the play, Griffin flipped the ball to receiver Josh Morgan on a reverse to the right and then ran out of the backfield on a pass route. Morgan eluded a defender and heaved the ball downfield to Griffin along the left sideline.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...ii-trick-play/

I would have been livid if I were a Redskins fan.
    We were, and Shanny apologized after the fact.

Why the hell Morgan was not told to throw it away if he was not wide open I will never understand.

As for the recent comments, I agree. I would be OK with him making mistakes in the pocket, but they need to stop using his feet so much

10. The Following User Says Thank You to vapacersfan For This Useful Post:

OlBlu, Luck is better.
    Smothered Chicken!

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    OlBlu, Luck is better.
    He certainly was this week although RGIII also played well...

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    RG3 is 3-6, Luck is 5-3
    Smothered Chicken!

Smothered Chicken!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Coopdog23 For This Useful Post:

RGIII put up just 13 points at home against a 1-6 Panthers team.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    To paraphrase the article, it claims that Luck just blew by RG3 for front-runner for RotY, with even Doug Martin ahead of RG3 at the moment... and then uses some advanced stats to backup the claim.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    RGIII put up just 13 points at home against a 1-6 Panthers team.
    That Panthers team is better than their record indicates and I think the second half of the season will show that. Many things go into scoring points. Luck didn't put that many points on board considering his 400+ yards passing. But, he played well and had to take what he could get. RGIII also had a good statistical game. He needed some help..... ... Luck has played well and lost too....

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    To paraphrase the article, it claims that Luck just blew by RG3 for front-runner for RotY, with even Doug Martin ahead of RG3 at the moment... and then uses some advanced stats to backup the claim.
    It will change many times in the coming games...... ...

That Panthers team is better than their record indicates and I think the second half of the season will show that. Many things go into scoring points. Luck didn't put that many points on board considering his 400+ yards passing. But, he played well and had to take what he could get. RGIII also had a good statistical game. He needed some help..... ... Luck has played well and lost too....
    1-6 is 1-6. Redskins have to beat that Panthers team at home.

RGIII completed 58.9% of his passes yesterday and you said he had a good statistical game. Luck has a 56.5% completion percentage on the season and you use that as evidence that he will be a backup someday......

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

No the Panthers aren't better than their record. they are a horrible team.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    No the Panthers aren't better than their record. they are a horrible team.
    We will see in the second half. I think they will be better but that is just an opinion....I still love their QB but not their coaching staff.... ...

RGIII also had a good statistical game.
    So now 59% completion percentage is a good statistical performance? And 5.51 yard/attempt? And a 53.3 TQBR? And a 74.2 passer rating? Yeesh, I wouldn't classify that as good, simply average.

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by bunt View Post
    So now 59% completion percentage is a good statistical performance? And 5.51 yard/attempt? And a 53.3 TQBR? And a 74.2 passer rating? Yeesh, I wouldn't classify that as good, simply average.
    Perhaps I should have said "reasonable". I don't consider "good" as a great accolade.... ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. CTRL+F5 reloads the whole page.

Quote Originally Posted by bunt View Post
    The interesting thing about those stats is that I would classify the Panthers run defense as terrible and I am not sure why they didn't run more. I mean the way the Redskins offense has been explained to me is that many of those plays fall on the QB not the OC. RG3 is the one who decides where to run and when to pass the ball. So I can't understand why they didn't torch the Panthers on the ground game unless RG3 was trying to do too much in the game.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Gamble1 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    The interesting thing about those stats is that I would classify the Panthers run defense as terrible and I am not sure why they didn't run more. I mean the way the Redskins offense has been explained to me is that many of those plays fall on the QB not the OC. RG3 is the one who decides where to run and when to pass the ball. So I can't understand why they didn't torch the Panthers on the ground game unless RG3 was trying to do too much in the game.
    I've got no idea, didn't watch the Redskins game. With that said though, I certainly wouldn't put much blame on RG3. For a team now with a legitimate franchise QB to be calling some of the plays they have been, particularly all the designed runs and option plays, is hard to believe. Luck really only runs when he has to, and puts himself at risk really only in critical spots in the game. That's what RG3 and his coaches should have him doing. It's not like he's lacking in the ability to throw the ball.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to bunt For This Useful Post:

Can we re-name this thread to Luck vs Tannehil? They are the best 2 rookie QB's
    David "And One" West

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    Outside of their secondary, Tannehill probably has the second best team around him, this side of Seattle.

Also he's only thrown for like 5 td's I think. I think he is a lot better than I thought he would be (along with Weeden) but Griffin and Luck are clearly the best out of this bunch.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Andrew Luck gives himself C grade

INDIANAPOLIS -- Andrew Luck is a fine quarterback and a pretty tough critic.

Less than 24 hours after leading the Colts to their fifth win while breaking one rookie record and tying another, the No. 1 overall draft pick walked into the Colts' locker room Monday and promptly described himself as average. Really.

"A 'C' is average, so I think I'd give myself a `C'," Luck said when asked for a grade.

Had Luck used a similar standard in the classroom, he might not have an architectural design degree from Stanford yet.

But there's nothing average about Luck's fast start.

After spending the previous two seasons being billed as the NFL's next big thing, the two-time Heisman Trophy runner-up has exceeded the hype over his first eight pro games.

He's already won three more games than Indy did last season with three veteran quarterbacks. On Sunday, against a good Miami defense, Luck broke Cam Newton's single-game record for yards passing (432) by throwing for 433 in a 23-20 victory. He also tied the rookie record set by his predecessor, Peyton Manning, for most 300-yard games in a season (four) and continues to maintain the pace for a historic season.

Through eight games, he is 190 of 336 for 2,404 yards with 10 touchdowns and eight interceptions. At this rate, he would shatter Sam Bradford's rookie marks for completions (354) and attempts (590) and Newton's record for yardage (4,051). With a slightly stronger second half, he may even challenge Manning's rookie record for TD passes (26) and he's still a long way from approaching Manning's first-year record for interceptions (28).

He's already beaten two of the other five rookie starters (Brandon Weeden and Ryan Tannehill) and has surprisingly pushed the Colts into the playoff discussion.

Numbers alone can't tell the tale. Despite being under heavy pressure, Luck has managed to elude defenders and even shake off Green Bay's Clay Matthews to make a key pass in a game-winning drive, and he's rallied the Colts to three fourth-quarter wins.

To teammates, Luck has been everything they expected -- and more.

"That guy is mature far beyond his years," defensive end Fili Moala said. "You can't say enough good things about him, from him as a human being to him as a football player to him as a teammate. He's the kind of guy you really want your kids to grow up and become. He's a professional, he does it with class and he'll be a good one for years to come."

The toughest part of this season was supposed to be the endless comparisons to Manning. So far, Luck has had little trouble measuring up.

Manning has exactly the same amount of wins and yardage as Luck this season, though Denver's quarterback has thrown for twice as many touchdowns and leads the NFL with a quarterback rating of 108.6.

But Luck has had a better rookie season than Manning did.

Luck has thrown and completed more passes in his first eight games, has thrown for 531 more yards, completed a higher percentage of passes than Manning (56.5 percent to 55.1), thrown half as many interceptions (16 to eight), just one fewer touchdown (11 to 10) and has a better quarterback rating than Manning did at that time (79.0 to 64.5).

Of course, the game has changed over the last 14 years. There's now a bigger premium on passing, rookie quarterbacks play earlier and are expected to win earlier than they did then, too.

While some now contend Luck has more talent around him than Manning did then, they might forget that in '98, Manning had Hall of Fame running back Marshall Faulk, receiver Marvin Harrison, two veteran tight ends and two tackles who became longtime cornerstones in the Colts' offense.

Luck, in comparison, has relied primarily on the sure hands of Reggie Wayne; Donnie Avery, who is trying to come back from two lost seasons, an offensive line that is finally rounding into form and a large cast of other rookies.

He's also had to learn more than Manning did then. Interim coach and offensive coordinator Bruce Arians, Manning's position coach in '98, has said the Colts' didn't use the no-huddle offense extensively until Manning's second season. Luck is already running that this season.

"There are probably only a few throws he'd like to have back," said Arians, a 20-year NFL assistant. "He's kept us in games. He's won games. The way he's played in the two-minute phase and now the no-huddle phase has been excellent. He's been dynamite on third down the last two games."

Now can he keep it up? The second half of this season begins Thursday at Jacksonville (1-7).

Arians remembers that's when Manning really took off in 1998, and Luck knows there's plenty he can improve upon, too.

"The victories are what I judge things on. I think I've got to cut down on the turnovers and putting touchdowns on the board," Luck said. "I think perfect would be to win every game, and not have any incompletions or interceptions."

If that's the grading scale, good luck.

But Arians has no problem giving Luck an "A."

"That doesn't surprise me," Arians said with a chuckle when asked about Luck's own grade. "He's comparing him to himself. I'm comparing him to all the other guys I've ever had."

Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    Nah, although Tannehill has definitely surprised, I go Luck, then RG3, then a pretty decent gap, and then Tannehill, Wilson, Weeden.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bunt For This Useful Post: