Page 37 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast
Results 901 to 925 of 1692

Thread: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

  1. #901
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,941

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    RG III has done NOTHING. His team is 3-4 with wins over the 2-4 Saints, 2-4 Redskins, and 5-2 Vikings. Whoopdy do.

    Luck took over the reigns of a team coming off a 2-14 season that lost a lot of key veterans, has a new coaching staff, numerous injuries, the HC is out for the year battling CANCER, and still the Colts are 3-3 with wins over two teams with winning records.

    Only an absolute IDIOT would definitely evaluate the quality of a QB after six games. Get back to me after six SEASONS knucklehead.
    RG3 beat the Redskins?

    the redskins also have a lot of injuries, and don't exactly play cupcakes

  2. #902

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree with you, we will certainly be rebuilding after six seasons of Luck. How about cutting the name calling (Old Butt, Idiot and Knucklehead). I know you are an IU fan and that makes you challenged in many ways but I do not call you names....
    Why do you get your jollies pissing people off? We know your views but to repeat them ad nauseum is not something that a normal person would do. You seem to have some perverse need to annoy people. Don't say put you on ignore, just asking why you appear to be willing to upset people. It can't be that you're just a truth seeker because we are talking sports here and pissing people off to win a sports argument repeatedly and daily seems just wierd and totally unnecessary.

  3. #903
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,298
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why do you get your jollies pissing people off? We know your views but to repeat them ad nauseum is not something that a normal person would do. You seem to have some perverse need to annoy people. Don't say put you on ignore, just asking why you appear to be willing to upset people. It can't be that you're just a truth seeker because we are talking sports here and pissing people off to win a sports argument repeatedly and daily seems just wierd and totally unnecessary.
    Not to mention a violation of the rules of PD.

    See my sig. It's right there in black and white but the admins don't believe his intent is to annoy and disrupt. They somehow still believe he's just a misunderstood poster voicing his opinion.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:


  5. #904

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Ol'blue is the biggest Manning fan you will ever meet

    Peyton Manning rookie year- 56% cmp
    Andrew Luck- 53% cmp

    and his big argument on why Luck is terrible is his completion percentage? this just shows how dumb Ol'blue arguments can be

  6. #905
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why do you get your jollies pissing people off? We know your views but to repeat them ad nauseum is not something that a normal person would do. You seem to have some perverse need to annoy people. Don't say put you on ignore, just asking why you appear to be willing to upset people. It can't be that you're just a truth seeker because we are talking sports here and pissing people off to win a sports argument repeatedly and daily seems just wierd and totally unnecessary.
    Good point but I am responding to the views and opinions that people post over and over. Some of these folks attacked me directly. I won't let that go... Others posted things that I never said. I won't let that go either.... I don't care who gets pissed off. The ignore button is made for that. If you don't want me to chime in then don't say something really foolish and address it to me. You will get it back as soon as I see it.... I have already won this argument long ago, you folks just won't admit. Before the draft I was saying that RGIII was the better pick and he would be an instant star.... BINGO!! Now, just admit it and I will let it go. If you continue to argue, I will continue to provide data that anyone who can read can see and know which one is the better QB.....

    If it matters (and it really doesn't), I think Luck will have his best statistical game of the season this week. I think they will still lose because the Colts won't be able to stop the running game with their woeful defense but it won't be because of Luck.....

  7. #906

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    don't forget Luck is on pace to pass for more yards and will be very close to manning on total TD's, probably less INT's too than Manning, so what is your argument Ol'blue?

  8. #907
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    don't forget Luck is on pace to pass for more yards and will be very close to manning on total TD's, probably less INT's too than Manning, so what is your argument Ol'blue?
    They have only played six games and Luck may never get to play 16 so it is silly to think these things. We don't know how many yards, TDs or INTs he will have. I'm betting he doesn't get there. Want a piece of that action?

  9. #908

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They have only played six games and Luck may never get to play 16 so it is silly to think these things. We don't know how many yards, TDs or INTs he will have. I'm betting he doesn't get there. Want a piece of that action?
    I will want a piece of that on the passing yards, not on TD's or INT's

  10. #909

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    I just don't understand you Ol'blue, you hate on Luck so much, but he is having as good if not better rookie year than Manning so far and all you do is hate on him

  11. #910
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ol'blue is the biggest Manning fan you will ever meet

    Peyton Manning rookie year- 56% cmp
    Andrew Luck- 53% cmp

    and his big argument on why Luck is terrible is his completion percentage? this just shows how dumb Ol'blue arguments can be
    I am glad you are a big fan of his 53% completion percentage. He is averaging a pick per TD (I know, Manning had 26 TD and 28 INTs) Who knows where he will end up but right now, ALL of the numbers say he is the next worst QB in the NFL and sinking.... Now you spin all of that any way you like, you make any excuse you want but I said RGIII was better before the draft and he is certainly a lot better and a superstar right now according to everyone who talks about it.... I agree with them. You had a Redskins poster here who basically threw up his hands and said it was silly trying to talk to you folks. I think he is right but I am a Colts fan so I am staying right here...... Dumb is another form of name calling, please stop that. I don't mind at all that you don't agree with me. I don't agree with you but I don't hurl insults at you....

  12. #911
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I will want a piece of that on the passing yards, not on TD's or INT's
    Done, put a dollar amount on it and it is not off if Luck gets injured......

  13. #912

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am glad you are a big fan of his 53% completion percentage. He is averaging a pick per TD (I know, Manning had 26 TD and 28 INTs) Who knows where he will end up but right now, ALL of the numbers say he is the next worst QB in the NFL and sinking.... Now you spin all of that any way you like, you make any excuse you want but I said RGIII was better before the draft and he is certainly a lot better and a superstar right now according to everyone who talks about it.... I agree with them. You had a Redskins poster here who basically threw up his hands and said it was silly trying to talk to you folks. I think he is right but I am a Colts fan so I am staying right here...... Dumb is another form of name calling, please stop that. I don't mind at all that you don't agree with me. I don't agree with you but I don't hurl insults at you....
    first off I did not call you dumb, I said some of your arguments can be dumb, which they are, ok Griffin is having a better rookie season, great, so does that mean Luck is a bust or awful? No. First off the Colts should not have drafted RGIII, the Colts wanted to run a pro-style offense not a spread or anything like that, and Andrew Luck is the right guy to run that, RGIII is a very good QB and Luck is a pretty darn good one right now also whether you want to admit it or not

  14. #913
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    first off I did not call you dumb, I said some of your arguments can be dumb, which they are, ok Griffin is having a better rookie season, great, so does that mean Luck is a bust or awful? No. First off the Colts should not have drafted RGIII, the Colts wanted to run a pro-style offense not a spread or anything like that, and Andrew Luck is the right guy to run that, RGIII is a very good QB and Luck is a pretty darn good one right now also whether you want to admit it or not
    OK, sorry for objecting to the dumb remark. RGIII is going to run a pro style offense too. Right now, they are making him comfortable and letting him do some things he already does very well. If the Colts had a good coaching staff (they don't), they would be designing more plays for Luck to get the ball out more quickly with short passes. Part of the reason they don't do that is that they have to keep so many people back to try and keep Luck from getting killed from the heat they are putting on him.... Opponents are seeing that and they are going to do things to force Luck to keep airing out the ball since they don't have to respect the run. That is why I think his INT, fumble and sack numbers are going to go up, not down.....

  15. #914

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    OK, sorry for objecting to the dumb remark. RGIII is going to run a pro style offense too. Right now, they are making him comfortable and letting him do some things he already does very well. If the Colts had a good coaching staff (they don't), they would be designing more plays for Luck to get the ball out more quickly with short passes. Part of the reason they don't do that is that they have to keep so many people back to try and keep Luck from getting killed from the heat they are putting on him.... Opponents are seeing that and they are going to do things to force Luck to keep airing out the ball since they don't have to respect the run. That is why I think his INT, fumble and sack numbers are going to go up, not down.....
    i believe Luck's numbers will only get better as the year continues, Luck never makes the same mistake twice, or at least her very rarely does, there have been plenty of articles quoting other Colts players, and coaches saying he always learns from his mistakes, Luck is going to make mistakes, he is a rookie, but I feel like he will learn from his mistakes and will come back on the next play and be better because of it.

  16. #915
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i believe Luck's numbers will only get better as the year continues, Luck never makes the same mistake twice, or at least her very rarely does, there have been plenty of articles quoting other Colts players, and coaches saying he always learns from his mistakes, Luck is going to make mistakes, he is a rookie, but I feel like he will learn from his mistakes and will come back on the next play and be better because of it.
    I am not talking about Luck making mistakes, I am talking about the adjustments the other teams are going to make against him since the Colts can't move the ball on the ground. Double teaming Wayne will become routine, they are already slowing him down. Even more pressure and better coverage will lead to more INTs, not mistakes, just lousy situations and receivers who can't get open. I expect more Chicago type games. That is not a slam on Luck, it is a comment on taking a franchise QB when you don't have the right pieces to put around him....RGIII would have the same problems with Indy but he would negate some of it by being his own running game..... I note that no one ever mentions that RGIII has he most rushing TDs in the entire NFL.....

  17. #916

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am not talking about Luck making mistakes, I am talking about the adjustments the other teams are going to make against him since the Colts can't move the ball on the ground. Double teaming Wayne will become routine, they are already slowing him down. Even more pressure and better coverage will lead to more INTs, not mistakes, just lousy situations and receivers who can't get open. I expect more Chicago type games. That is not a slam on Luck, it is a comment on taking a franchise QB when you don't have the right pieces to put around him....RGIII would have the same problems with Indy but he would negate some of it by being his own running game..... I note that no one ever mentions that RGIII has he most rushing TDs in the entire NFL.....
    certainly teams are going to start game planning for him, I completely agree with you that if we can not develop some type of run game that Luck is going to struggle, anyone would, but we have seen a few games this year where our run game has looked good (Green Bay, Cleveland) also with our O-line playing together more it should help them improve, but if we can just get an even average run game, I can see us going anywhere from 7-9 to 9-7 maybe (this is a long shot, a VERY long shot) 10-6, which would make this season a success

  18. #917
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,627

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Looks like people are starting to come to their senses:

    http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/8550792/andrew-luck-better-qb-robert-griffin-iii


    QBR or RG3?

    Updated: October 25, 2012, 5:53 PM ET
    By Rick Reilly | ESPN.com



    Getty Images, AP PhotoAndrew Luck, left, makes fewer errors when scrambling than Robert Griffin III.

    Stop the engraver. Hold up on the parade. Tell the sculptor to take a coffee break.
    Before the whole world gives Washington Redskins QB Robert Griffin III the NFL Rookie of the Year, and the MVP award, and maybe the election, let's all just wake up and smell the sanity.
    Yes, he's electric. Yes, Bob has been unBoblievable. Yes, he's cuddly and handsome and the son every mother wants.
    There's only one problem: He's not even the best rookie QB in the league.
    The two-word rebuttal:
    Andrew Luck.
    You don't know this because RG3 works in Washington, D.C., the media magnet where people like my friend Michael Wilbon work and watch every Redskins game and then get lightheaded and say things like what he said on radio this week, which was "RG3 is the best player in the whole league."
    Whoa. We've GOT to get you DIRECTV, Mike.


    Sam Riche/MCT via Getty Images
    Andrew Luck, left, posted a QBR of 68.2 compared to Aaron Rodgers' 54.7 QBR in the Colts 30-27 victory over the Packers in September.


    If you had it, you'd know that Luck has been just a tablespoon better than RG3. He's thrown consistently deeper than RG3. He's been more clutch and less mistake-prone. He's scrambled better than RG3 and has run just fine. He's practically been RG4.
    What is it, Mike, RG3's cute sock collection?
    "It's like they're not watching Andrew Luck," says a man who analyzes quarterbacks for a living, Jeff Bennett, the curator of the most comprehensive QB stat ever invented, ESPN's QBR (total quarterback rating). "One is being called a savior. But the other is just as successful and no one seems to notice."
    If you want a stat that considers everything a QB does, and when he does it, and what was at stake when he did it, then Bennett's QBR stat is for you. Going into Week 8, it had the Mannings at 1 and 2 (Peyton, then Eli), with Tom Brady third. Sound about right? In the QBR rankings, Luck is sixth and Griffin eighth.
    But it tells you more than that. For instance, it tells you:

    • Luck runs more successfully than Griffin. He's had 10 scrambles for first downs. Griffin has had nine.
    • Luck is asked to do more than Griffin and is doing it. His average pass completion travels 8.6 yards in the air, highest in the NFL. Griffin's is 5.8, one of the lowest.
    • Luck is more valuable to his team than Griffin. Sixty-nine percent of the Colts' passing yards are gained while the ball is in the air, the rest after the catch. Only 49 percent of the Skins' passing yards come through the air. In other words, Griffin still has his training wheels on. Luck has his license.

    What is it, Mike, all of RG3's Subway ads?
    Wait! I'm clairvoyant! I know exactly what you're going to say next!

    Reilly, you single-celled organism. Griffin leads the NFL in completion percentage! He's third in the league in passer rating! Luck is second to last! Oh, you mean NFL passer rating, the most useless stat in football? The 41-year-old fossil that was invented, literally, on a slide rule? The one that doesn't even consider running or fumbles or time of game or score? Yeah, I know that stat. That stat is the whole problem.
    RG3 kills in that stat because he's nibbled his way to a league-leading 70.4 percent completion rating. Given the way the Redskins have babied him, Katy Perry in heels could throw for 60 percent. More than 20 percent of RG3's passes this season haven't even traveled across the line of scrimmage. Only 6 percent of Luck's haven't. If you do a cannonball and I do a triple backflip with a McTwist and we both get straight 9s, whose dive was better?


    Harry E. Walker/MCT/Getty Images
    Robert Griffin III has seven fumbles this year. Five happened when he was rushing.


    I don't blame the Skins for babying Griffin. Why wouldn't they? He's America's baby. Mike Shanahan (283 games as a head coach in the NFL) has a good enough team to do that. It beat the New York Giants twice last year.
    But under Bruce Arians (three games as a head coach in the NFL), Luck inherited a team that would pass nicely for a Salvation Army drop off box. The Colts have Luck and Reggie Wayne and just about nobody else. Their running backs couldn't get through a wall of Gillette Foamy. And they've already won more games this year (three) than last year (two).
    What is it, Mike, RG3's fabulous hair?
    If people would just look at these two guys, they'd see Luck has been even more heroic than Mr. Superhero Action Figure Guy.
    Luck beat the Green Bay Packers with a TD pass with 35 seconds left. The Green. Bay. Packers. He beat the Vikings after getting the ball on his own 20 with 30 seconds left and drove downfield for the winning field goal. Against the Jags, he pulled off a miraculous game-winning march in the last minute, only to watch the Jags complete an 80-yard stunner at the end.

    Don't get me wrong. If you made me choose, I'd rather watch RG3. He swerves and curves as though his hips were removed at birth. But he doesn't seem to care much about the football when he's doing it. He's fumbled five times on runs already this season, and two of them potentially cost the Redskins games. Give me Luck, who hasn't fumbled on a run once.

    Look, I love both these guys. Both have been twice as good as advertised, great leaders, and kick-the-dirt humble.

    But only one of them is getting any attention.
    And that socks.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:


  20. #918
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    certainly teams are going to start game planning for him, I completely agree with you that if we can not develop some type of run game that Luck is going to struggle, anyone would, but we have seen a few games this year where our run game has looked good (Green Bay, Cleveland) also with our O-line playing together more it should help them improve, but if we can just get an even average run game, I can see us going anywhere from 7-9 to 9-7 maybe (this is a long shot, a VERY long shot) 10-6, which would make this season a success
    This may be the worst offensive line in the NFL. Most of them are castoffs from other teams. I can't see them getting any better at all. I don't see the Colts getting close to any of those records you quote. They should be 1-5 right now and that one win should have been against the Jags..... They are not going to keep being that fortunate but I hope you are right. I think this season is a success if they win as many as five games. There just are not enough real NFL football players on this team......

  21. #919
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,627

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Yea, they do suck (the oline), and Luck has won half of his games behind that sieve. Yet another sign of what this kid is actually doing.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:


  23. #920
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,941

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Look, I love both these guys. Both have been twice as good as advertised, great leaders, and kick-the-dirt humble.
    Ahem......

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to vapacersfan For This Useful Post:


  25. #921
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ahem......
    Ha, ha..... well said....

  26. #922
    Gotta Play Big BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,396

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yea, they do suck (the oline), and Luck has won half of his games behind that sieve. Yet another sign of what this kid is actually doing.
    Imagine how good he's going to be with more protection, more experience and a better set of weapons. He's already good with a pretty poor team around him.

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:


  28. #923
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,627

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ahem......
    I'll give you that RG3 has mostly kept his cool, but he lets slip with some doozies sometimes, like:

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/85...rookie-mindset

    Quote Originally Posted by RG3
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    “I've done it through the first seven games, and now I don't think there's a player on this team that has any doubt that I'm a leader of a football team, and that every time we step on the football field we have a chance to win, not only because I'm their quarterback, but because they're out there with me.”
    Some more:

    http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...-race/1653303/

    Quote Originally Posted by RG3
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People have called me 'Superman' my whole life.
    Quote Originally Posted by RG3
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't picture myself as a normal person when I play football. I like to think I can do things that normal people can't.
    Yea, that's pretty "humble". Could you imagine Luck saying anything like that?
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 10-25-2012 at 09:38 PM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  29. #924
    THE WITCH IS DEAD!!! Coopdog23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Bank
    Posts
    3,021

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why do you like a mediocre QB so much? Except for on method that no one I can see uses, Luck is the worst or next to worst QB in the NFL. What is there to like. By the way, I didn't think the Colts should have cut Manning to draft Luck but putting that aside and you can look it up, I thought that RGIII was much better and he was going to be a star. I pointed out that some experts had said that they have never seen Luck thrown an NFL pass in college and they had questions about his arm strength.... So, if we were going to take a QB, I was pretty sure they were taking the wrong one. I think I hit a homerun on that one....

    No you pretty much struck out. Luck is not worst than Brandon Weeden, Tannehill, Cassel, Palmer, Gabbert, Bradford, RG3 Freeman, Alex Smith, Russell Wilson. Luck makes better decisions, better pocket presence, reads defense better than your golden boy griffin. Colts should have cut Manning because of the $28 million and he wasn't going to be the same as he was before and he's gonna last 3 more years anyways. Why waste that money when you can go draft the next great QB in Luck? Luck will be a star. He has a 1 or 2 win team at 3-3. Don't think RG3 could have comeback from 18 down to beat Green Bay. Losses for RG3, @ STL (awful), vs CIN (bad), vs ATL (got knocked out), and @ NYG (choke). Luck losses: @ CHI (poor defenisve effort, few mistakes, top 3 team in NFL, Bears), vs Jags (bad loss all around, defense choke), @ NYJ (terrible defense, poor offensive performance, running and catching). Stats: Redskins are #1 in the league in rushing yards. That means RG3 doesn't have to much because he hands the ball off more than he throws and he runs almost 10 times a game. He throws the most screen passes in the NFL as well. That's why his completion % is 70.4%. Luck is one of the last statistically in QB rating, because he's had two bad games throwing, last week they ran the ball for 146 yards, and he had their 2 rushing TDs. Luck has a 26.4% completion of balls thrown 25+ yards while RG3 has a rate of 13.8%. Luck has completed more 20 and 40 yard passes than RG3. Luck has more passing yards than RG3, Luck is #13 in the league in passing yards, while Griffin is 21st. Luck has attempted 250 passes this season, RG3 has only 189. RG3 has rushed for 468 yards this year, which limits his passes, which doesn't make you a good QB, on mostly designed runs. Luck has 115 yards rushing on almost all scrambles. Stats never lie, Luck is a better QB, not a better runner or athlete than RG3 is, but a better QUARTERBACK. RG3 is just an athlete with a canon of an arm.
    Smothered Chicken!

  30. #925
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,627

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Another saying he'd take Luck over RG3:

    http://www.indystar.com/article/2012...nclick_check=1

    Bob Kravitz: Despite statistics, I like Andrew Luck over Robert Griffin III

    6:52 PM, Oct 25, 2012


    Purchase Image


    Robert Griffin III (left) and Andrew Luck (right). / Associated Press and Star file photos


    Written by

    Bob Kravitz


    The kid is everywhere. I see Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III on my TV hawking Subway. I put on "Pardon the Interruption" and Michael Wilbon is talking about him as an MVP candidate. I go to usatoday.com, and there's an exclusive Q-and-A with Griffin in which he talks about how he views himself as a superman on the football field.
    Robert Griffin III has become Tim Tebow with braids.
    He's this year's model, America's new sports superstar.
    I can just imagine being in an ESPN producer meeting: Tebow is old news. We've got to mention Griffin six times an hour. That comes from the top.
    And good for him. He's a smart, young, electric player with a great personality, a highlight reel for a franchise that hasn't had much luck at the quarterback position in recent years. You will not here a negative word from here about Griffin, who has been everything Washington wanted and more.
    All of that said, I'll take the Indianapolis Colts' Andrew Luck.
    Lest you think I'm being a homer who is wearing blue-and-white blinders, let me remind you, I always took New England's Tom Brady over former Colt Peyton Manning in that particular debate.
    Let me steal -- not semi-plagiarize, but flat-out steal -- some advanced statistics that were shared in a recent New York Times Fifth Down blog by Chase Stuart.
    (Columnist's note: This involves a lot of math. I don't like math. I took Physics for Poets at Indiana University to fulfill my math and science obligation. I don't know what a lot of these numbers mean, but they look like they mean something, so here goes.)
    Griffin exceeds Luck in most traditional statistical categories: His 70.4 completion percentage is the best in the league; Luck is 32nd at 53.1. Griffin is averaging 8.5 yards per attempt, Luck 6.7. Griffin is third in traditional quarterback rating; Luck is second to last.
    But look at the stats that Stuart considered, advanced metrics that tell the fuller story, and you come away believing that Luck is having a very good year, an underrated season.
    Essentially, the Colts have put a lot more pressure on Luck than Washington has on Griffin.
    Luck's average pass attempt is the longest in the league at 10.2 yards. Griffin is at 7.9, below the league average of 8.2.
    Luck's average pass distance on his completions is 8.6 yards, also the highest in the league; Griffin is at 5.8.
    Only 7 percent of Luck's passes have been targeted to running backs, one of the lowest ratios in the league. He throws to his wide receivers a league-high 72 percent of the time. Griffin, by contrast, has checked down with far more frequency. He is last in the league in passes thrown 15 yards or more down the field.
    "Is that right?" Luck said when I shared those numbers. "I didn't know any of that."
    Interim coach Bruce Arians said it's all part of the grand design: "If you go back and look at my history, I throw it deep more than anybody in the league. We do spread people out and throw it quickly; we think we have everything, but we also use our tight ends and backs to help the offensive line. We want to throw it to the guys who are paid to catch it, and hand it off to the guys who are paid to run it. We're not a West Coast offense by any means."
    Look, numbers can tell any story you want them to tell. We know this to be especially true in a political season, when candidates are casually tossing out numbers -- some of them accurate -- to buttress their cases.
    But I think a reasonable conclusion can be reached: The Colts are relying more on Luck to throw the ball downfield than Washington is with Griffin. There's a good reason Luck's completion percentage is so low; he's always putting pressure on a defense by going intermediate and deep.
    This isn't from the Times, but ESPN ranks Luck sixth in its quarterback rating, behind Denver's Peyton Manning, the Giants' Eli Manning, Brady, Atlanta's Matt Ryan and Pittsburgh's Ben Roethlisberger. Griffin is eighth.
    The bottom line being, they've both been very good given the talent around them and given what their teams ask them to do. It has always seemed foolish to me to build up one player and denigrate another to make a point. Both have been worth the investment as Nos. 1 and 2 picks. Both have walked into difficult situations and produced. And as my old friend and former Colts executive Bill Polian said recently, someday, we may be seeing the pair match up in an early-February Super Bowl down the road.
    This will not be a Peyton Manning-Ryan Leaf kind of draft.
    Not a chance.
    So, I asked the question of Luck, knowing the answer before it was asked: "Does it bother you that ESPN can't go five minutes without mentioning RGIII?"
    He smiled. "I'll be honest, when I watch ESPN, it's to watch news about other sports," he said. "When they talk about football, I tend to change the station. I put up a little bit of a blockade when it comes to that stuff. I don't even read what you guys write."
    He laughed. "Even you, Mr. Kravitz."
    Mr. Kravitz.
    Man, I'm old.
    But with age comes wisdom.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 10-26-2012 at 09:56 AM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Luck is being sued.
    By Coupe in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-24-2012, 12:39 PM
  2. Luck vs. RG3
    By Kid Minneapolis in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 165
    Last Post: 04-04-2012, 05:52 PM
  3. Luck's first commercial
    By RWB in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-15-2012, 11:21 AM
  4. Wish me luck...
    By Hicks in forum Market Square (General Non-Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-17-2007, 04:07 AM
  5. With this luck...
    By Jesus Shuttlesworth in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-29-2005, 01:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •