Page 32 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Thread: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

Luck has been my starting QB in both my leagues for 2-3 weeks now, and he is doing great. Anywhere from 20-37 points.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Luck has been my starting QB in both my leagues for 2-3 weeks now, and he is doing great. Anywhere from 20-37 points.
    If you had RG3 the season would be over and you'd already be declared champ. Unfortunate for you that you are stuck with Luck. Sorry about your luck
    O'Brien has been fired! Yay! What took so long?

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Ya, I got rid of Manning to draft Luck, did all kinds of lying and assholishness in the process. The guy who drafted RG3 is 13-0 while the rest of us are 0-6. He's just that amazing. Keep getting all this hate mail from some crazy dude in shades.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

NY Times article states that Luck is rated higher than Griffin. This has been talked about before but here is an article spelling it out.

http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2...on/?ref=sports

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to speakout4 For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    If you had RG3 the season would be over and you'd already be declared champ. Unfortunate for you that you are stuck with Luck. Sorry about your luck
    Hey!!!

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    NY Times article states that Luck is rated higher than Griffin. This has been talked about before but here is an article spelling it out.

I have already posted the stats that show exactly the opposite. Do you think that anyone outside of Indianapolis really thinks Luck is better than RGIII? Really? You folks in Indiana are being laughed at by the entire country.......

Jason Taylor, one of the greatest defensive ends of the past 20 years, said on ESPN last night as I was watching that he thought Luck was having just as good of a season as RGIII and that people were getting too caught up in stats. Taylor pointed out that Luck has been better in the clutch and that Luck is throwing the ball more than any other QB in the NFL and as a rookie it is not unbelievable that you would have a completion percentage where Luck's is. He likes RGIII too, and thinks he is a great QB, but clearly suggested that people are getting just a little to caught up in the stats especially when you look at the differences between the two offenses. RGIII having the number 2 running back in the NFL so far behind him is helping him a lot. He made the point that based on what he knows about Luck's personality that he is probably enjoying having the spotlight being absorbed by RGIII after basically 2 and a half straight years of it being firmly on him, now he can just focus on winning football games and getting better.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Everyone is overrating RG3. He has batter talent on his team and they have a losing record. Luck has less talent and they are 3-3. Enough said
    "We want Miami"

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Jason Taylor, one of the greatest defensive ends of the past 20 years, said on ESPN last night as I was watching that he thought Luck was having just as good of a season as RGIII and that people were getting too caught up in stats. Taylor pointed out that Luck has been better in the clutch and that Luck is throwing the ball more than any other QB in the NFL and as a rookie it is not unbelievable that you would have a completion percentage where Luck's is. He likes RGIII too, and thinks he is a great QB, but clearly suggested that people are getting just a little to caught up in the stats especially when you look at the differences between the two offenses. RGIII having the number 2 running back in the NFL so far behind him is helping him a lot. He made the point that based on what he knows about Luck's personality that he is probably enjoying having the spotlight being absorbed by RGIII after basically 2 and a half straight years of it being firmly on him, now he can just focus on winning football games and getting better.
    That seems about right to me....... Just don't compare either one of them to Peyton at any time in his career or any place. Neither of them will get close to that in my opinion...

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    Everyone is overrating RG3. He has batter talent on his team and they have a losing record. Luck has less talent and they are 3-3. Enough said
    No one is overrating RGIII. He is the real deal..... But I agree with you that Luck certainly is not as talented as RGIII..... Enough said....

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    No one is overrating RGIII. He is the real deal..... But I agree with you that Luck certainly is not as talented as RGIII..... Enough said....
    ESPN and all of these NFL analysts are saying that RG3 will be the MVP. His running backs get 130+ yards a game. Luck's running backs barely get 80. Luck has to throw the ball 45+ times a game compared to RG3's 30. Luck is way better of a thrower, better pocket mobility, and makes better decisions
    "We want Miami"

Banned
    Mood

ESPN and all of these NFL analysts are saying that RG3 will be the MVP. His running backs get 130+ yards a game. Luck's running backs barely get 80. Luck has to throw the ball 45+ times a game compared to RG3's 30. Luck is way better of a thrower, better pocket mobility, and makes better decisions
    If you want more running yards for the Colts, have Luck stopping chucking it so much. He is the reason for the bad run game. The Colts will never have a run game as long as they have Luck. He is always going to throw a monster number of time. Luck is not a better thrower, talking about pocket mobility is absurd and the stats say that he does not make better decisions.... But, delude yourself all you want. ESPN and all of those NFL analysts are looking at the same two players as you are but without the Colts bias. I don't think RGIII can win enough games this year to be the MVP but I think he can be the offensive player of the year and the rookie of the year. MVP will come two or three years down the line while Luck is still struggling, still chucking and still won't allow a running game. I am not worried about them not having a running game, Peyton didn't have one for years. He made the short passes his running game. Luck will probably do the same. That is just an excuse you are making for Luck.... Luck is the player that was and is way overhyped and overrated in my opinion. I don't see him ever catching up to RGIII.... I am sure there will be another purge in three or four years so perhaps another new coaching staff, new management and a change to a different approach on offense and defense will help.....

If you want more running yards for the Colts, have Luck stopping chucking it so much. He is the reason for the bad run game. The Colts will never have a run game as long as they have Luck. He is always going to throw a monster number of time. Luck is not a better thrower, talking about pocket mobility is absurd and the stats say that he does not make better decisions.... But, delude yourself all you want. ESPN and all of those NFL analysts are looking at the same two players as you are but without the Colts bias. I don't think RGIII can win enough games this year to be the MVP but I think he can be the offensive player of the year and the rookie of the year. MVP will come two or three years down the line while Luck is still struggling, still chucking and still won't allow a running game. I am not worried about them not having a running game, Peyton didn't have one for years. He made the short passes his running game. Luck will probably do the same. That is just an excuse you are making for Luck.... Luck is the player that was and is way overhyped and overrated in my opinion. I don't see him ever catching up to RGIII.... I am sure there will be another purge in three or four years so perhaps another new coaching staff, new management and a change to a different approach on offense and defense will help.....

the reason the colts don't run the ball is because the O-line sucks at run blocking. Luck has to scramble half the time when he steps back to throw. Luck has more INT because he actually throws the ball down the field. RG3 just throws screen passes and runs the read option. He's gonna get knocked out soon and he'll be like Michael Vick, good for 1 or 2 years and then a bust
    "We want Miami"

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post

I just read that this morning and it definitely puts Luck's numbers into perspective given what he is asked to do for our offense.

The one thing I am wondering about is the lack of production from our RBs in the passing game. Is Luck not looking for them as a checkdown and going deep anyways? Are they being kept in to pass protect more because of our inability to pass block consistently?

To me this also shows that the Shanahans were willing to adapt and put their QB in a great position to play well by playing more to his strengths and not forcing him into a prototypical pro offense.'

As things progress I have to imagine they are going to want RG3 to stop running so much especially since he has fumbled five times this season and only recovered one.

Banned
    Mood

the reason the colts don't run the ball is because the O-line sucks at run blocking. Luck has to scramble half the time when he steps back to throw. Luck has more INT because he actually throws the ball down the field. RG3 just throws screen passes and runs the read option. He's gonna get knocked out soon and he'll be like Michael Vick, good for 1 or 2 years and then a bust
    What? Vick went to prison and came back and played very well and signed a big contract. He is not playing that well this year so far. Luck is taking a lot of punishment too with the sacks and the runs. I think he will get knocked out soon. His career won't be over in one or two years. He will be around for a long time as a journeyman back up QB. The Newspaper this morning has the leaders out and Luck is 15 out of 16 in the AFC. RGIII is number 2 behind Aaron Rogers in the NFC. Seems about right to me. Odd, how all of those published rating systems rank Luck so low and RGIII so high. Do you suppose it is some kind of big market conspiracy?

What? Vick went to prison and came back and played very well and signed a big contract. He is not playing that well this year so far. Luck is taking a lot of punishment too with the sacks and the runs. I think he will get knocked out soon. His career won't be over in one or two years. He will be around for a long time as a journeyman back up QB. The Newspaper this morning has the leaders out and Luck is 15 out of 16 in the AFC. RGIII is number 2 behind Aaron Rogers in the NFC. Seems about right to me. Odd, how all of those published rating systems rank Luck so low and RGIII so high. Do you suppose it is some kind of big market conspiracy?
    If Andrew Luck ever becomes a backup quarterback then I will eat my shoe.
    "I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

Luck will be a starter his whole career and win 3 super bowls, while RG3 will not win 1. Vick had one good year in 2010, but he turns the ball over too much, which RG3 will do once his targets sign bigger contracts other places. If he didn't have a running game, he would be in trouble
    "We want Miami"

plus, RG3 hasn't even had 200 passing attempts, he's the only QB that has started every game this year in the NFL who hasn't attempted 200 passes, wonder why?
    "We want Miami"

Banned
    Mood

plus, RG3 hasn't even had 200 passing attempts, he's the only QB that has started every game this year in the NFL who hasn't attempted 200 passes, wonder why?
    Because he doesn't have to pass that much to be very effective?

That certainly puts things into perspective.
    "I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

Banned
    Mood

Luck will be a starter his whole career and win 3 super bowls, while RG3 will not win 1. Vick had one good year in 2010, but he turns the ball over too much, which RG3 will do once his targets sign bigger contracts other places. If he didn't have a running game, he would be in trouble
    What in the world makes you think Luck will ever make the playoffs much less the superbowl. This is a very bad team.....

For those of you interested in schedule here is a look at whats ahead for both Luck and RG3.

The Colts entered the season with SoS of 14th and the Redskins with a SoS of 24th. Now let me just say I am not a big believer in SoS numbers especially before the season starts but the schedule of Luck and RG3 drastically changes in the coming weeks.

Luck plays..
    Titans
    Miami
    Jags
    Pats
    Bills
    Lions
    Titians
    Texans
    KC
    Texans

RG3 plays..
    Steelers
    Panthers
    Eagles
    Cowboys
    Giants
    Ravens
    Browns
    Eagles
    Cowboys

Statistically speaking it becomes much harder for RG3 and much easier for Luck to shine in the passing game IMO. The overall defenses of divisions really comes through in the next coming 9-10 games which should have a dampening affect on the early statistical output of RG3 and Andrew Luck should see a bump in the numbers.

Now whether that translates to wins or losses thats anyone guess but it will be interesting to see how each QB performs under different schedules. Both by the way will be fortunate to see teams with injury concerns. The Cowboys put Sean Lee on IR and of course everyone knows about the Troy P. and Ravens Ray Lewis being banged up. This will dramatically increase the chances of the Redskins winning those games IMO but it will be do to the scheme of the running game that generates those points and easier throws for RG3. In the end I think the Eagles, Panther are winnable games with the Cowboys and Giants to be much harder outs. The Ravens at home could be a wildcard win but given the Redskins terrible secondary my guess is that Flacco wins on shoot out.

For Luck he will see the Jags again with a hurt Blaine Gabbert and MJD which should spell pay back for Luck. The Colts also see winnable games at home with the Dolphins, Bills and Titans. The wildcard in all this is how the Colts run defense performs in remaining 10 games. The texans, Bills, Titans, Chiefs and Pats have all shown to kill their opponent on the ground. If the interior line stays healthy which arguably is a big if then the Colts should be atleast be in some of those tougher games.

The good news is that Chapman is putting on some pads and may be a welcome addition to the NT position. Redding IMO is by in large the most important player on the defensive front so if he comes back healthy then I like the Colts chances to have a respectable record at the end of the season.
    Last edited by Gamble1; 10-24-2012 at 12:38 PM.

Luck just started his career and you're trying to claim he won't ever make the playoffs?

why don't you just admit to being a troll and kick yourself out?

Because he doesn't have to pass that much to be very effective?
    Kind of shoots a hole in the passer rating argument you've been clinging to, doesn't it?

Just to add to that he hasn't even had his bye week and if you take out his yards after the catch he's only passed for 672 yards. Do the same for Luck and he has still passed for over a thousand and thats with having a bye week.