Page 22 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I will be interested on how Garcon does in the long haul since he is getting paid a ton of money and so far he has one good game and a RG3 fumble recovery for a score. Hurt or not I bet no one expected Wayne to out shine Garcon this year.
    I think we all liked Garcon as a player and a good character guy but as Gamble points out.....42.5 million for five years (20 million up front). WOW that equals out to 8.5 million a year. I believe the colts could buy some decent O-linemen for that kind of cash.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

2. The Following User Says Thank You to RWB For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    I certainly didn't expect it but Garcon has been hurt too. There were other members of that line we let go too.... I have watched the Colts since the late 1950s.
    LIKE WHO? A retired Ryan Diem. Mike Tepper or Mr I had 5 surgeries (hip back and knee) Ben Ijalana. Face it you don't know much about the 2011 Colts since Peyton wasn't playing anymore and you lost interest in the team.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    They will without question miss a beat when he retires, unless they strike some serious serious gold.
    That depends. Have the Raiders FINALLY understood that they get ripped off every time they make a deal with the Patriots?
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

This is a bit off-topic, but goes back to OlBlu's claims earlier that Cam Newton was a "superstar" and my claim that the league was going to "figure him out" because he doesn't read defenses well and defenses will stop his running plays and get to him. On top of Newton's lackluster season thus far, there's already a lot of media hub bub wondering aloud what's goin on, and now Schefter is stating a concurrent sentiment:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/blog/...ll-wilson-more

Q: What is wrong with Cam Newton this season? It seems like he has regressed. It is just his weapons on offense or have teams found out how to game plan against him?
    -- Lew (Kansas

A: Lew: The biggest thing might be that other defensive coaches around the league have had a year to study him and produce schemes for him. What Newton does no longer surprises them. They're now prepared for it, whereas last year they got caught off guard. Plus, it looks as though Newton is putting a lot of pressure on himself, letting things that shouldn't bother him affect him. It's not a great situation. Newton has been too up-and-down this season and has too much talent to be this average this year.
    Exactly what I said. And for what it's worth, I think RG3 will go through a similar path.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 10-17-2012 at 03:11 PM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This is a bit off-topic, but goes back to OlBlu's claims earlier that Cam Newton was a "superstar" and my claim that the league was going to "figure him out" because he doesn't read defenses well and defenses will stop his running plays and get to him. On top of Newton's lackluster season thus far, there's already a lot of media hub bub wondering aloud what's goin on, and now Schefter is stating a concurrent sentiment:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/blog/...ll-wilson-more

Exactly what I said. And for what it's worth, I think RG3 will go through a similar path.
    Good for you and what makes you think that Luck won't also go down that path? I look for a big rebound by Newton in the second half of the season...

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Good for you and what makes you think that Luck won't also go down that path? I look for a big rebound by Newton in the second half of the season...
    To answer the bolded --- Exactly what I stated before about Luck. The traits and abilities he exhibits. That's what makes me think he won't go down a similar path. He's extremely similar to Manning. He's much more cerebral, able to take on huge amounts of information and derive the correct play to change to, his "make one mistake once" mentality. That was exactly what made Manning a superstar -- it wasn't his athletic ability or his cannon of an arm. It was his ability to improve day after day and his work ethic and ability to outsmart his opponents. Manning figured out the league; the league figured out Newton. Manning started off slow; Newton started off fast. I believe Luck will figure out the league, while the league will figure out RG3.

I don't look for a big rebound for Newton... maybe a leveling off.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 10-17-2012 at 03:29 PM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Mood

To answer the bolded --- Exactly what I stated before about Luck. The traits and abilities he exhibits. That's what makes me think he won't go down a similar path. He's extremely similar to Manning. He's much more cerebral, able to take on huge amounts of information and derive the correct play to change to, his "make one mistake once" mentality. That was exactly what made Manning a superstar -- it wasn't his athletic ability or his cannon of an arm. It was his ability to improve day after day and his work ethic and ability to outsmart his opponents. Manning figured out the league; the league figured out Newton. Manning started off slow; Newton started off fast. I believe Luck will figure out the league, while the league will figure out RG3.

I don't look for a big rebound for Newton... maybe a leveling off.
    Is it just me or is this post rampant racism? Black QBs cannot take on as much information and the white QB will "outsmart" his opponents. Didn't RGIII graduate early? What makes you think these black QBs are mentally inferior to Luck? Note to the mods, my post is not racist but his post sure sounds like it is....

How is his post racist? Never once does he mention the race of the QB.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    How is his post racist? Never once does he mention the race of the QB.
    OK. I won't press the point. I am sure he is not racist but there are problems with that post. Read it again. You don't have to point out that those two QBs are black (and run down their intellect) and Luck is white (and he is the more intelligent and will out think the others). Perhaps I am wrong. I am hypersensitive about those kind of things...... For instance, I don't think Irsay would have ever done the things he did last year if Luck had been black. But, that is just me and I have seen way too much of this kind of stuff in my life..... I apologize to that poster if these things never entered his mind but then I point out that they should have...

You are the one that keeps bringing up their races. I don't see the words white or black in his post. To me, it seems you are the one with the preconceived notions about intelligence level and it's relation to race. He is talking about relating to their football. Which absolutely in his right. I don't agree with him on RGIII, but I do agree with him on Newton. I also agree that Luck's biggest asset is his intelligence and ability to learn the game.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Is it just me or is this post rampant racism? Black QBs cannot take on as much information and the white QB will "outsmart" his opponents. Didn't RGIII graduate early? What makes you think these black QBs are mentally inferior to Luck? Note to the mods, my post is not racist but his post sure sounds like it is....
    Your post sounds like baiting and really has no place here. Thats my interpretations and even if RG3 garduated in 3 years that doesn't mean he understand football at the highest level. He didn't play a pro style system and he isn't running a traditional prostyle system in the NFL. So that begs the question why should I believe the league won't figure him out sooner or later like they did with Josh Freeman and Cam Newton?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Gamble1 For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    Your post sounds like baiting and really has no place here. Thats my interpretations and even if RG3 garduated in 3 years that doesn't mean he understand football at the highest level. He didn't play a pro style system and he isn't running a traditional prostyle system in the NFL. So that begs the question why should I believe the league won't figure him out sooner or later like they did with Josh Freeman and Cam Newton?
    OK, perhaps I was being oversensitive to it. I sent a message to the mods about it. I didn't mean to be baiting the poster and I said that I do not think he is racist. But this is the very argument that kept blacks from playing QB in the NFL for many years..

This is ridiculous. Would it make you feel better if he also mentioned a bunch of white QBs who also were figured out by the league or didn't play in a pro style offense in college for preparation? You are the one that mentioned race first, not him, the fact you sent a message to the mods over this is incredible. Have you really gotten bored with inciting people over Andrew Luck that you had to move to race?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Mood

This is ridiculous. Would it make you feel better if he also mentioned a bunch of white QBs who also were figured out by the league or didn't play in a pro style offense in college for preparation? You are the one that mentioned race first, not him, the fact you sent a message to the mods over this is incredible. Have you really gotten bored with inciting people over Andrew Luck that you had to move to race?
    I didn't send a note to the mods about that post as much as I did not explain my reaction to it. Yes, I would have felt better if he had done that. I am hyper sensitive to that. I grew up in Indiana when small a small southern Indiana town had a sign on the both ends of town saying, "Black man, don't let the sun set on you here." I also spent time and energy in the civil rights era working and supporting the civil rights movement (I was in college at the time). I am willing to accept that I made an error because of all of this and I apologize to all for even bringing it up. I did ask if other people saw it that way for a reason. I'll accept your judgement that it is "just me."

Ryan Leaf started off great had better athletic tools than Peyton as soon as defenses adjusted....pooped the bed.

Tony Romo is a classic example of this. Good arm, moves well, played very well when he first got under center in Dallas and had his chance. Obviously didn't flame out like Leaf did, but I think we can all agree once the league started to game plan for him he has never been able to get over the hump.

I could go on.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Mood

Ryan Leaf started off great had better athletic tools than Peyton as soon as defenses adjusted....pooped the bed.

Tony Romo is a classic example of this. Good arm, moves well, played very well when he first got under center in Dallas and had his chance. Obviously didn't flame out like Leaf did, but I think we can all agree once the league started to game plan for him he has never been able to get over the hump.

I could go on.
    No need, I have enough respect for you to believe that I made a mistake in the first place. Thanks for answering my question.....

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

For instance, I don't think Irsay would have ever done the things he did last year if Luck had been black.
    Irsay is a blatant racist.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    I don't have any proof of that but I have long suspected it.. Oh, well, this topic needs to die.....

Sports Logo Sports Logo

He only employs dozens of non-whites on his football field. Put Edge in the Ring of Honor just a few weeks ago. Yea, the dude clearly doesn't like non-whites.

And trust me, I am as far from racist as they come, and that is with a lot of negative influence in my early years. I know it's cliche to say, but I don't see color, I just see people. I really hope you don't believe that about me; if you do, you need to do some self-examination.

Banned
    Mood

He only employs dozens of non-whites on his football field. Put Edge in the Ring of Honor just a few weeks ago. Yea, the dude clearly doesn't like non-whites.

And trust me, I am as far from racist as they come, and that is with a lot of negative influence in my early years. I know it's cliche to say, but I don't see color, I just see people. I really hope you don't believe that about me; if you do, you need to do some self-examination.
    No, I didn't believe that and I said so. However, one can make a statement that other can deem racist while not being one himself. I know what you mean by the influence in your early years, I also went through that. But, JFK became president when I was a teenager and Martin Luther King was giving wonderful speaches. It was a natural for me to become a civil rights activist when I moved on to the university. I was listening when King gave his "Dream" speach and and I saw and took part in some of the marches. No, I never burned my draft card (my father would have disowned me) but I was there stoking fires for coeds and helping them burn those bras!!

0.o

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

You forgot the green.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

No, I never burned my draft card (my father would have disowned me) but I was there stoking fires for coeds and helping them burn those bras!!
    ...and white lightning's still the biggest thrill of all....

-Merle Haggard
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    ...and white lightning's still the biggest thrill of all....

-Merle Haggard
    That too......

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    You forgot the green.
    If I have to use a color to denote such obvious sarcasm, I fear for society.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post: