Page 21 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

MSNBC just showed clips of RGIII's game Sunday and referred to him as a "legend in the making". I haven't heard them do that for Andrew Luck.... I doubt Luck ever has that dominating kind of game..... Longest run for a QB since "Slash".....

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    MSNBC just showed clips of RGIII's game Sunday and referred to him as a "legend in the making". I haven't heard them do that for Andrew Luck.... I doubt Luck ever has that dominating kind of game..... Longest run for a QB since "Slash".....
    LOL seriously? Time to go pull up pretty much every article about the Packers-Colts game.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Kind of a derailing, but Mr. Blu wanted to talk about other rookie QBs who were having better years than Luck. Sadly we found out he didn't even know their names or whether or not they were actually rookies.
    I knew Arizona had a rookie QB they were high on, I did think it was Skelton. I mispelled Weeden but I knew the basic facts about him and he is going to be a pretty good QB.

I knew Arizona had a rookie QB they were high on, I did think it was Skelton. I mispelled Weeden but I knew the basic facts about him and he is going to be a pretty good QB.
    Arizona is not high on Lindley. He was a 6th round draft choice that couldn't even get in the convo against Kolb and Skelton. Weeden turned 29 on Sunday. So I doubt it...

Luck has already lead two game winning drives. Should be three if his defense didn't give up an 80 yard TD pass. Plenty of feathers in Luck's cap already.

The Adieu Haiku
    Hoosierville drama:
    Legend grows for Mr. Luck.
    He won one for Chuck.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Mood

[QUOTE=Trader Joe;1510090]Luck has already lead two game winning drives. Should be three if his defense didn't give up an 80 yard TD pass. Plenty of feathers in Luck's cap already.

I will repeat, has any major network ever considered Luck to be a "Legend in the Making?" I didn't think so....

A "marginal fan" who invested in season tickets? A "friend" who conveniently decided to go when your brother didn't want to? lmao

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by LuckSwagger View Post
    A "marginal fan" who invested in season tickets? A "friend" who conveniently decided to go when your brother didn't want to? lmao
    I travel a lot for my business and I have for many years. I used to fly in for some games but I couldn't get to them all. The tickets were a present for my neices and nephew who were avid Colts fans.... Waht is wrong with that. The "marginal" fan never invested in those tickets. I said that I paid for them.... We all decided we didn't want to support Irsay after his lies.....

I will repeat, has any major network ever considered Luck to be a "Legend in the Making?" I didn't think so....
    I mean if you can't read my Sports Illustrated article that is your problem.

Not mine.

Bye Blu.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Plans change. That`s how I live my life now. Let`s please move on...

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to vapacersfan For This Useful Post:

VT's wife: I thought you were coming home at 5pm. What were you doing at the bar?

VT: Plans change. That's how I live my life.

or

VT's boss: Why are you not wearing a shirt to work?

VT: That's how I live my life now. Let's please move on.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vapacersfan For This Useful Post:

So anyway, to try and bring this thread back to reality,

I don't know about you guys but I am beyond excited at the possibility of a Luck vs. RGIII Super Bowl sometime in the future. That would be without a doubt one of the biggest Super Bowls of all time. Hopefully it happens more than once.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

I actually agree, and think there is a greater chance of that happening then some may realize now.

I think Luck is the better QB (now definitly, since he ran a pro offense in college) and depending on how both guys progress, it could be a very interesting scenario.

In the meantime, however, I am enjoying watching both young men develop.

In my dream world Kyle Shanny will be fired and we will get an OC who hates the tripple option and wishbone. Sadly, as long as dad is running the show here I doubt that happens *tear*

19. The Following User Says Thank You to vapacersfan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    I actually agree, and think there is a greater chance of that happening then some may realize now.

I think Luck is the better QB (now definitly, since he ran a pro offense in college) and depending on how both guys progress, it could be a very interesting scenario.

In the meantime, however, I am enjoying watching both young men develop.

In my dream world Kyle Shanny will be fired and we will get an OC who hates the tripple option and wishbone. Sadly, as long as dad is running the show here I doubt that happens *tear*
    My feeling on this is that eventually RGIII will become good enough in a vertical passing game where he can command Shanahan (if he is still around) to let him run the show more on the field. Luck already has more control than RGIII, but a big part of that is the fact that Arians has already groomed Peyton and Roethlisberger and is a big fan of just tossing his young stud QB into the ocean and saying "Swim"

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

I believe the Redskins line is light years ahead of the Colts line. They actually make a pocket for RGIII to pass in. Yes, he has taken sacks but that was more because he needed to spot his receivers a little quicker and get rid of the ball a little faster. He will do that, he has a quick release. I would have maintained interest if they had taken all of the wild offers for Luck and used that to replace some talent around Peyton and resign some of the vets like Saturday and Garcon'. I think they would have won ten plus games and they could have taken a QB later in the first round to develop. Several are doing quite well, better than Luck for instance. I might have even been a fan of using some of the picks to take RGIII and develop him over a couple of years and still have more draft picks left over. I think that is what New England might have done given the same circumstances. Brady will be ending his career in the next five or so years and I'm willing to bet the Pats don't miss a beat... The difference between a great owner and a very poor one an the difference between a great front office and coach and a bunch of newbies working.... But, Ol Jim saved a lot of money with the purge and he is laughing all the way to the bank with it.....
    The Pats haven't been historically winners by any stretch of imagination so its tough to know how they will transition and a lot of their woes are trading down and flipping picks left and right and not being able to show much for it.

I expect them to be competitive but please don't ignore their finacial decisions either. They have been very prudent on aged players and their salary cap. Welker will be the next in line to get the boot IMO which is exactly what Grigson did with the players that were obviously declining (Brackett, Clark, Addai).

With the new CBA IRsay will have to spend 108 million regardless in 2013 so don't make him out to be the Chiefs who spent 40% of their salary cap in 2011. Irsay even now has spent more money than he has too when he could have easily not signed Mathis and Wayne to save money in the final year where he didn't have to spend 90% of the Colts cap.

Fact is Irsay and Grigson are trying to make this a balanced team by putting money on both sides of the ball and you can't make a balanced team in ONE YEAR.

Resign Manning and the Colts couldn't have kept the Vets you speak of but keep on hating.
    Last edited by Gamble1; 10-15-2012 at 02:31 PM.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Gamble1 For This Useful Post:

Brady will be ending his career in the next five or so years and I'm willing to bet the Pats don't miss a beat...

The Pats have made 5 Super Bowls in 11 years with Brady. They will without question miss a beat when he retires, unless they strike some serious serious gold.

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    The Pats haven't been historically winners by any stretch of imagination so its tough to know how they will translate and a lot of their woes are trading down and flipping picks left and right and not being able to show much for it.

I expect them to be competitive but please don't ignore their finacial decisions either. They have been very prudent on aged players and their salary cap. Welker will be the next in line to get the boot IMO which is exactly what Grigson did with the players that were obviously declining (Brackett, Clark, Addai).

With the new CBA IRsay will have to spend 108 million regardless in 2013 so don't make him out to be the Chiefs who spent 40% of their salary cap in 2011. Irsay even now has spent more money than he has too when he could have easily not signed Mathis and Wayne to save money in the final year where he didn't have to spend 90% of the Colts cap.

Fact is Irsay and Grigson are trying to make this a balanced team by putting money on both sides of the ball and you can't make a balanced team in ONE YEAR.

Resign Manning and the Colts couldn't have kept the Vets you speak of but keep on hating.
    I don't care about the three you mentioned. They could have brought back Garcon' and some of the offensive linemen they let go.

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    The Pats have made 5 Super Bowls in 11 years with Brady. They will without question miss a beat when he retires, unless they strike some serious serious gold.
    If you recall, Brady took over for a Super Bowl QB and the Pats didn't slow down. Brady went out for the season in the first game of the season and the backup carried them to 11 wins. They won't miss a beat without Brady, they will be ready to go without him just like before he became the starter....

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    I mean if you can't read my Sports Illustrated article that is your problem.

Not mine.

Bye Blu.
    I believe I was talking about a cable news broadcast? But don't let that stop you....

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

I believe I was talking about a cable news broadcast? But don't let that stop you....
    Come on TJ, we all know that MSNBC is a far more reliable sports source than Sports Illustrated.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:

I don't care about the three you mentioned. They could have brought back Garcon' and some of the offensive linemen they let go.
    ITs obvious you stopped watching in 2011 since the only offensive linemen of note they could have brought back was Saturday. Was that line really great either even with him?

I will be interested on how Garcon does in the long haul since he is getting paid a ton of money and so far he has one good game and a RG3 fumble recovery for a score. Hurt or not I bet no one expected Wayne to out shine Garcon this year.
    Last edited by Gamble1; 10-15-2012 at 02:46 PM.

If you recall, Brady took over for a Super Bowl QB and the Pats didn't slow down. Brady went out for the season in the first game of the season and the backup carried them to 11 wins. They won't miss a beat without Brady, they will be ready to go without him just like before he became the starter....
    Well if they have a younger Randy Moss when Brady retires then I agree but I highly doubt they have that guy when he does.

The Super Bowl QB he took over made the Super Bowl five years before Brady became the starter. It's not as if Bledsoe took them to the Super Bowl the year before Brady took over. In fact, the Patriots went 5-11 the year before (2000) they beat the Rams. Bledsoe had two pretty rough years in 1999 and 2000. Brady was a big improvement over Bledsoe at that point.

Yes, the Patriots won 11 games without Brady. But they won 16 games the year prior.

Also, virtually all of those 11 wins were against pretty weak teams:

Chiefs (2-14 that year)
    Jets (9-7)
    49ers (7-9)
    Broncos (8-8)
    Rams (2-14)
    Bills (7-9)
    Dolphins (11-5)
    Seahawks (4-12)
    Raiders (5-11)
    Cardinals (9-7)
    Bills

Overall, that's a fairly weak batch of teams, though they did cream the Cardinals who ended up going to the Super Bowl. Their losses were against the Dolphins, Chargers, Colts, Jets, and Steeelrs. All but the Jets were playoff teams. All are teams that the Pats had plenty of success against with Brady. Yet they lost to them that season because they weren't an elite team without Brady. They were still a very solid team because of coaching, talent in other positions, and a backup quarterback who played well in the system. But most of their wins were against weak opponents and they lost to the teams who were elite that season, despite having success against those teams with Brady.

Brady is one of the greatest ever and they will miss him greatly when he retires. Sure he was fortunate to play for a great coach and organization, but he is a huge part of why they are what they are. I'm sure they will eventually be alright after he leaves, but I don't think they will duplicate the unprecedented run of success they've had.

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    ITs obvious you stopped watching in 2011 since the only offensive linemen of note they could have brought back was Saturday. Was that line really great either even with him?

I will be interested on how Garcon does in the long haul since he is getting paid a ton of money and so far he has one good game and a RG3 fumble recovery for a score. Hurt or not I bet no one expected Wayne to out shine Garcon this year.
    I certainly didn't expect it but Garcon has been hurt too. There were other members of that line we let go too.... I have watched the Colts since the late 1950s.

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    Come on TJ, we all know that MSNBC is a far more reliable sports source than Sports Illustrated.
    I didn't say anything about being reliable. I was just asking if it ever happened..... But since you bring it up, I do think RGIII is a legend in the making if not already made....