Page 18 of 68 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
Results 426 to 450 of 1692

Thread: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

  1. #426
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,941

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    RG3 is a concussion waiting for a hit.
    Yeah, just as Reggie Miller was an offensive foul waiting for a ref.....

  2. #427
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Obviously rookies have their peaks and valleys, but I hope it doesn't take more games like this for ppl to realize that the gap between Luck and Griffin isn't as large as some line to claim.
    It looks like a pretty vast canyon to me but, I was sure before the season and before the draft that it would be that way. I had people telling me that the Colts pass rush was better than the Jets. I have had people here saying lots of things and they lead the league in excuses for their rookie QB.... Perhaps it is time to consider that he is just what the stats say that he is, a very average or less QB. The fact that none of you will look at the stats or watch the other games to see just how much better RGIII is boggles the mind. Do you think Luck could do that 75 yd. TD run? RGIII has world class speed and what he may do is unlimited. He is carrying his team while Luck is burying his.....

  3. #428
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,941

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    I missed the Colts game. Robert looked good, but i still didnt like all the called keepers.

    His long scramble to ice the game was nice, though. He disnt wait to long in the pocket, and he made a smart deciaion to not force a pass

  4. #429

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    I can't wait until Luck leads another game-winning drive so Blu will, for maybe five minutes, just shut the ***** up.

  5. #430
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,448

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It looks like a pretty vast canyon to me but, I was sure before the season and before the draft that it would be that way. I had people telling me that the Colts pass rush was better than the Jets. I have had people here saying lots of things and they lead the league in excuses for their rookie QB.... Perhaps it is time to consider that he is just what the stats say that he is, a very average or less QB. The fact that none of you will look at the stats or watch the other games to see just how much better RGIII is boggles the mind. Do you think Luck could do that 75 yd. TD run? RGIII has world class speed and what he may do is unlimited. He is carrying his team while Luck is burying his.....
    Okay dude you weren't saying all this after last weeks huge comeback. And no Luck prob couldn't make that run, but neither could Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Brees, etc. doesn't mean Griffin is just astronomically better though.

    Up until today Luck had the best QBR in the league so stats, just as usual, don't tell the entire story.

  6. #431
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,635

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    I really don't care that a QB ran it for a huge touchdown. I know how those types of QBs end up down the road.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  7. #432
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    There's nothing cool about saying someone is going to get injured.
    I agree but the fact is that he is not the only one doing it.

  8. #433
    Member Swingman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    34
    Posts
    726

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    2 wrongs don't make a right. Just because another poster said something about RG3 getting injured (link?) doesn't mean it's ok for olblu to go on a "Luck is going to injured" posting spree.

    Btw, a running QB is 100x more likely to get injured so at least there is actual reason to worry about RG3 getting injured. There is no reasonable evidence suggesting Luck is injury prone or at risk of getting injured.

    If the mods don't boot the troll, I'm sure a lot of posters will enjoy the official colts forum.
    Last edited by Swingman; 10-14-2012 at 11:15 PM.

  9. #434
    Member spazzxb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    fort wayne In
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,824

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Swingman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    2 wrongs don't make a right. Just because another poster said something about RG3 getting injured (link?) doesn't mean it's ok for olblu to go on a "Luck is going to injured" posting spree.

    Btw, a running QB is 100x more likely to get injured so at least there is actual reason to worry about RG3 getting injured. There is no reasonable evidence suggesting Luck is injury prone or at risk of getting injured.

    If the mods don't boot the troll, I'm sure a lot of posters will enjoy the official colts forum.
    Hate old blue but the official colts forum can bite me.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

  10. #435
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,252

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, just as Reggie Miller was an offensive foul waiting for a ref.....
    The Colts can protect Luck thru improving the O line (thru player growth, coaching, draft, and FA) as well as play calling. And of course improving the running game as well.

    The Redskins can't protect RG3 on designed keepers or leaving the pocket too soon. Let alone if he doesn't sacrifice yards to miss the hit. And it's pretty questionable him playing one week after a rather significant hit and suffering a concussion. Especially considering the position he plays and the style he plays at.

    All's well that ends well though I guess.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  11. #436
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,941

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I really don't care that a QB ran it for a huge touchdown. I know how those types of QBs end up down the road.
    I agree. That Vick guy has had a terrible career.

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vapacersfan For This Useful Post:


  13. #437
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,941

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Colts can protect Luck thru improving the O line (thru player growth, coaching, draft, and FA) as well as play calling. And of course improving the running game as well.

    The Redskins can't protect RG3 on designed keepers or leaving the pocket too soon. Let alone if he doesn't sacrifice yards to miss the hit. And it's pretty questionable him playing one week after a rather significant hit and suffering a concussion. Especially considering the position he plays and the style he plays at.

    All's well that ends well though I guess.
    He already showed improvement in getting down and getting out of bounds instead of fighting for the extra yard. I guess the Redskins can also add talent around him through FA and the draft (albeit it will have to be late picks), oh and also through the players they have drafted recently developing....

    You can go extreme and say he should never run the ball, but then if you want to use that logic then I guess no QB should ever scramble, lest they get hit....

    I agree I thought it was weird he was back this week, but he had to pass all the tests and everyone said he was good to go. He sure looked fine yesterday

  14. #438

    Default

    So let me get this straight: olblu doesn't want luck to be a failure but he does at the same time? Olblu isnt a fan of the Colts, he just admitted it without knowing he did.

  15. #439
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,029

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have no children or grandchildren or any relatives at all. so no on will care what I do. Where are you when so many people on here say that RGIII is sure to be knocked out for the season? What do you think got me started on that topic? Oh, I see, it is OK to hope that any player on another team gets hurt but not the Colts. Well, I hope Luck doesn't get hurt. I don't want to see that. I much prefer to see him be totally helpless playing on the field while RGIII is already a superstar.... You are welcome to ignore any of my posts or all of them if you don't like them.
    No one on here was asking or hoping as you do with Luck that RGIII will get hurt. RGIII has suffered concussions before because of how he plays. This is nothing new. It happened to him at Baylor and it has already happened once in the NFL. You were preaching this past week that he would change his game, well he did not against Minnesota and he dominated, but how long until the show drops again on him? It has happened to him multiple times before, I don't think anyone is hoping or even predicting for certain that RGIII will get hurt the way you do with Luck and certainly no one has presupposed that RGIII will be carried off on a stretcher.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  16. #440
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,029

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It looks like a pretty vast canyon to me but, I was sure before the season and before the draft that it would be that way. I had people telling me that the Colts pass rush was better than the Jets. I have had people here saying lots of things and they lead the league in excuses for their rookie QB.... Perhaps it is time to consider that he is just what the stats say that he is, a very average or less QB. The fact that none of you will look at the stats or watch the other games to see just how much better RGIII is boggles the mind. Do you think Luck could do that 75 yd. TD run? RGIII has world class speed and what he may do is unlimited. He is carrying his team while Luck is burying his.....
    Andrew Luck ran the same 40 time as Cam Newton. who you claim is just a beast of a young QB.

    Also if you cna't see the difference between the offensive play calls the Skins call for RGIII and the ones the Colts call for Luck. I don't know what to tell you. Right now Luck is running a more complicated offense. Right this very second.

    RGIII is supported by a pretty good defense and a very strong running game. Alfred Morris gives RGIII an offensive support that Luck could only dream of right now. He had a running game like that for one half against the Packers and look at what happened.

    You are the only one here trying to say that between RGIII and Luck one will suck and the other will be amazing.

    Almost everyone else on this board universally agrees that both QBs will end up having very good careers, but you can only accept that one of them will be good and the other one will not.

    Both RGIII and Luck are setting records and doing things we have never seen and instead of just being able to get on here and talk about it and enjoy it, we have to get on here and listen to your insufferable *****ing about Luck. We can't have hold an actual comparison between Luck and RGIII if we wanted to because all we ever hear from you is that Luck sucks, is overrated and has excuses made for him. It is insane that we can't just be able to enjoy both of them and instead have to hear how we are all out to get RGIII when nothing is further from the truth.

    I mean **** the Colts and Skins don't even play in the same conference let alone the same division, they are not natural rivals, and yet we can't even root for both of them because of how intent you are on bludgeoning us about Luck every single time he makes a mistake. However as soon as RGIII has a good game you get on here creaming your pants about it. You completely ignore the fact that Luck is the first QB maybe ever? To lead TWO game winning fourth quarter drives in the first month of his rookie season. You keep forgetting that Luck is being forced to throw much more than RGIII and in a much more complicated down field passing offense. RGIII plays in a very controlled quick hitting, dink and doink pass scheme. Instead of being able to talk about the fact that both of these guys are having incredible rookie years so far, we have to hear about how Luck is going to be carried off on a stretcher and that he sucks and that the Colts have set themselves back a decade with picking him none of those things are based on stats or in reality, you are literally the only person that I have seen anywhere proclaim such baseless jibberish.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  18. #441
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,029

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree but the fact is that he is not the only one doing it.
    let's be real, there is a very different demeanor to the way we talk about RGIII getting hurt last week and the way OlBlu gleefully discusses his belief in Luck's future injury. We talk about RGIII with concern, he talks about Luck the way a very bitter person would.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  20. #442
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,029

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree. That Vick guy has had a terrible career.
    I don't know if you're exactly going to help RGIII by comparing him to Vick. Vick has had a pretty "Meh" career for a first round draft pick. No conference champ appearances, lots of turnovers, and lots of injuries. RGIII will have to be more of a pocket QB as his career wears on. He is built more like Vick, not like Steve McNair for example.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  22. #443
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,941

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No one on here was asking or hoping as you do with Luck that RGIII will get hurt. RGIII has suffered concussions before because of how he plays. This is nothing new. It happened to him at Baylor and it has already happened once in the NFL. You were preaching this past week that he would change his game, well he did not against Minnesota and he dominated, but how long until the show drops again on him? It has happened to him multiple times before, I don't think anyone is hoping or even predicting for certain that RGIII will get hurt the way you do with Luck and certainly no one has presupposed that RGIII will be carried off on a stretcher.
    Except he did change his game. He played smarter, and actually "slide", something I did not think he was capable of doing.....

  23. #444
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,941

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't know if you're exactly going to help RGIII by comparing him to Vick. Vick has had a pretty "Meh" career for a first round draft pick. No conference champ appearances, lots of turnovers, and lots of injuries. RGIII will have to be more of a pocket QB as his career wears on. He is built more like Vick, not like Steve McNair for example.
    I HOPE he is more productive.

    However I think it is unfair to say Vick has not won more becuase of his style of play.

    FWIW, I agree (and hope) RG3 becomes more a passer and less of a runner. Obviously, this is a process that will take a while to progress, it will not happen over night.

  24. #445
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So let me get this straight: olblu doesn't want luck to be a failure but he does at the same time? Olblu isnt a fan of the Colts, he just admitted it without knowing he did.
    I have been a fan of the Colts since the early days of Johnny Unitas. That doesn't mean that I agree with the way the team is run or that I think management is always right or even rarely right. I think Irsay is one of the worst owners in the NFL. He got lucky with Peyton and he is trying to strike gold the same way again. The difference is that Peyton had much more talent around him and a better line to protect him. That is not a good recipe in my opinion. I have not seen great results from teams that draft their francise QBs before they have a line around them. I have seen a lot of careers destroyed that way but you all will break out your excuse book and say those QBs were just never good enough. The people here make more excuses for Luck than any other QB in the NFL. My take is that if RGIII were here, the Colts would be better and would get more wins with him. If Luck were in Washington, they would be dealing with rookie mistakes and they would not be as good as they are right now. That is just my opinion and nothing more but the people here in Washington (that is where I am now) certainly believe it. Their comments invariably contain a "Thank God we didn't draft Andrew Luck" just like the Colts board says "Thank God we didn't draft RGIII." That is fandom speaking. The nearest thing with the Pacers is the people who say, "Thank God we didn't trade for Bynum." They would be a lot better now if they had. This argument is going to go on for years because the two QBs were drafted one, two and they were so close. It is my opinion that RGIII will put a lot of distance between himself and Luck over the next three years and Colts management will not be effective at putting a team around him as they are currently constructed. The coaches illness doesn't help this but even good coaches rarely survive a complete rebuild......

  25. #446
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    [QUOTE=Trader Joe;1509917]Andrew Luck ran the same 40 time as Cam Newton. who you claim is just a beast of a young QB.

    Also if you cna't see the difference between the offensive play calls the Skins call for RGIII and the ones the Colts call for Luck. I don't know what to tell you. Right now Luck is running a more complicated offense. Right this very second.

    You can be very fast and still not be a great runner. RGIII is world class fast and a very good runner. He will do less running as he picks up the passing game more. I do see the difference in the play calling and that is a compliment to Washington's coaching staff and a failing of the Colts staff. Luck might be doing better and might not have to run for his life and take such punishment if his offense was simplified. Right this very second.....

  26. #447
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    let's be real, there is a very different demeanor to the way we talk about RGIII getting hurt last week and the way OlBlu gleefully discusses his belief in Luck's future injury. We talk about RGIII with concern, he talks about Luck the way a very bitter person would.
    I am not gleefull about Luck eventually being serious injured. I am resigned to it as I would be about any QB taking that kind of beating. I have made it clear that I am NOT an Andrew Luck fan. I thought he was the most overrated player to ever come into the NFL and I thought the price we paid to get him would strangle the franchise for many years if not a decade or more. I still think that. I believe the Colts front office is bordering on inept now that Irsay it playing a bigger role. I think that this front office and the coaching staff will not last to year four. That is usually the fate of the rebuilders. I don't believe complete rebuilds are necessary and great teams like the Patriots just don't do them. Yes, they may have a rare 6-10 season but they don't become the laughing stock of the league every so many years. They do have the evil genius guiding them so that is part of the reason. They are masters at letting some folks go while they still have some value and they are very good with midrange draft picks. They are getting ready to let Wes Welker go but they won't go 2-14 to do it......

  27. #448
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,331

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    [QUOTE=OlBlu;1509927]
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    . He will do less running as he picks up the passing game more. I do see the difference in the play calling and that is a compliment to Washington's coaching cool:
    I thought Griffin was a superstar? Why would he need to pick up on the passing game?
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

  28. #449
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    [QUOTE=RWB;1509936]
    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    I thought Griffin was a superstar? Why would he need to pick up on the passing game?
    He is a superstar but as another poster correctly mentioned, they have pared the playbook down for him and added plays that give him familiar options. As he progresses and he is certainly doing that, he will have a more complex playbook to work with. The Colts would do well to do the same thing for Luck...... Might become better than a 50% passer that way.....

  29. #450
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,029

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    The price we paid to get him? What price did we pay to get him? Do you really think this team is winning games with Peyton Manning this year? Would Peyton have been playing safety against the Jags on that TD pass? Would Peyton have been playing safety and linebacker yesterday as Shonn Greene ate our defense alive? The two games Peyton probably would have won us on last second drives, Minny and GB, Luck has also won us.

    I forgot that Peyton was never ever blown out by the Jets....oh wait....41-0, and 44-6 his rookie year when he was 20-44 for 193 yards and 2 picks in New York, honestly the way they are mirroring each other early is getting a little eerie..
    Last edited by Trader Joe; 10-15-2012 at 09:38 AM.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Luck is being sued.
    By Coupe in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-24-2012, 12:39 PM
  2. Luck vs. RG3
    By Kid Minneapolis in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 165
    Last Post: 04-04-2012, 05:52 PM
  3. Luck's first commercial
    By RWB in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-15-2012, 11:21 AM
  4. Wish me luck...
    By Hicks in forum Market Square (General Non-Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-17-2007, 04:07 AM
  5. With this luck...
    By Jesus Shuttlesworth in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-29-2005, 01:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •