Page 15 of 68 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 375 of 1692

Thread: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

  1. #351

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The fact that he has taken these hits and lasted through four games attests to that. That doesn't mean that the right hit won't knock him out. He may or may not be the QB many of you think he is but he is definitely not Superman.....
    I've never seen a "fan" who constantly brought up the possibility of a season-ending injury as much as you do. It's like you want him to get hurt.

  2. #352
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,421

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by Swingman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    any time I think olblu has reached the pinnacle of idiocy, he surprises us all with an even more idiotic post.
    The irony being...OlBlu is actually a genius. He manages to be a blatant troll while at the same time outsmarting the PD rule book/mods so they cannot justify banning him. The guy is no idiot. He is the single greatest troll in PD history.

  3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  4. #353

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You are the only person who has said that was a cheap shot and deserved a penalty that I have heard. All of the commentators said it was a bad penalty and just a good hit to Luck's chest. However, a couple of more like that or if it had been a head shot and Luck would be done. It is only a matter of time taking that much punishment. Many rookie QBs have been there. Carr, Couch and many others..... ...
    I pretty much agree with everything here. They have to protect him better. They cant let maniac DE's and LB's whip around the line without being touched and sizing him up. He wont escape all of them ( most of them probably ). And that hit was not a penalty. That was a fantastic hit.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Foul on Smits For This Useful Post:


  6. #354
    Member Indra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    435

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It was not spearing and the commentators said it wasn't . It was a hit to the chest plate. There should not have been a penalty and that isn't me talking but everyone on air that I heard comment about it at all..... So, you think I am blind, then you must be deaf not to hear all of that. I agree with them after watching the hit...
    Article 8(f) on spearing:

    "If a player uses any part of his helmet (including the top/crown and forehead/”hairline” parts) or facemask to butt, spear, or ram an opponent violently or unnecessarily. Although such violent or unnecessary use of the helmet and facemask is impermissible against any opponent, game officials will give special attention in administering this rule to protecting those players who are in virtually defenseless postures . . ." http://nflspearhead.blogspot.com/

    Perry lowered his helmet, hit Luck in the chest with the crown of his helmet (i.e. SPEARING). It's always illegal to do this, but the referees were probably also trying to make a point that this won't be allowed.

    Per NFL.com's Rules Digest, these two are also listed as penalties warranting an automatic first down:
    "A tackler using his helmet to butt, spear, or ram an opponent.
    Any player who uses the top of his helmet unnecessarily." http://www.nfl.com/rulebook/penaltysummaries

    Both of those apply to this hit as well. Broadcasters have been wrong before. Everything about this tackle is a blatant penalty. Anyone who has ever played football at any level of the game knows this is an illegal tackle, and downright dangerous for all parties involved. Nothing about it screams "fundamental tackling!" You can call me deaf, but I heard what the broadcasters said. They are simply wrong, as you are, by the letter of the NFL rule book. Not only was this not a clean hit, it's also up to the referees discretion as to what is deemed "unnecessary," so any further arguing on the point is moot. It was a penalty, it was deemed a penalty by the officials, it was called correctly as a penalty. Any way you look at it it's a penalty. Not sure how many different ways I can explain the same thing to you before you get it.

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Indra For This Useful Post:


  8. #355
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by Indra View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Article 8(f) on spearing:

    "If a player uses any part of his helmet (including the top/crown and forehead/”hairline” parts) or facemask to butt, spear, or ram an opponent violently or unnecessarily. Although such violent or unnecessary use of the helmet and facemask is impermissible against any opponent, game officials will give special attention in administering this rule to protecting those players who are in virtually defenseless postures . . ." http://nflspearhead.blogspot.com/

    Perry lowered his helmet, hit Luck in the chest with the crown of his helmet (i.e. SPEARING). It's always illegal to do this, but the referees were probably also trying to make a point that this won't be allowed.

    Per NFL.com's Rules Digest, these two are also listed as penalties warranting an automatic first down:
    "A tackler using his helmet to butt, spear, or ram an opponent.
    Any player who uses the top of his helmet unnecessarily." http://www.nfl.com/rulebook/penaltysummaries

    Both of those apply to this hit as well. Broadcasters have been wrong before. Everything about this tackle is a blatant penalty. Anyone who has ever played football at any level of the game knows this is an illegal tackle, and downright dangerous for all parties involved. Nothing about it screams "fundamental tackling!" You can call me deaf, but I heard what the broadcasters said. They are simply wrong, as you are, by the letter of the NFL rule book. Not only was this not a clean hit, it's also up to the referees discretion as to what is deemed "unnecessary," so any further arguing on the point is moot. It was a penalty, it was deemed a penalty by the officials, it was called correctly as a penalty. Any way you look at it it's a penalty. Not sure how many different ways I can explain the same thing to you before you get it.
    They do not apply. The man did not lead with his helmet. He made a tackle and that is all. You can't explain anything and have me get it when you are just plain wrong......

  9. #356
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by LuckSwagger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've never seen a "fan" who constantly brought up the possibility of a season-ending injury as much as you do. It's like you want him to get hurt.
    I want them to have some kind of line to protect the QB before they waste a number one pick on him......

  10. #357
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by LuckSwagger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've never seen a "fan" who constantly brought up the possibility of a season-ending injury as much as you do. It's like you want him to get hurt.
    That is because you are used to fanatics who blindly follow ownership no matter how silly the mistakes they make really are. I don't want him to get hurt but it is inevitable taking that kind of punishment.....

  11. #358
    I have a Member xBulletproof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,671

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I want them to have some kind of line to protect the QB before they waste a number one pick on him......
    You get 100 chances at a good offensive lineman for every 1 shot at a franchise QB. Anyone who passes on a potential star QB because of their situation at other positions would be the dumbest mother ****er to ever run an NFL team.

    In a list of silly comments, this might be the silliest.

  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:


  13. #359
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,246
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.



    The top of his helmet hits Luck before anything else. That's spearing and that is an illegal hit.

    The only thing the Fox commentators proved by insisting the hit was legal is that they have the same "knowledge" about football as OlBlu.
    Last edited by travmil; 10-13-2012 at 09:09 AM.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:


  15. #360
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,298

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote


    The top of his helmet hits Luck before anything else. That's spearing and that is an illegal hit.

    The only thing the Fox commentators proved by insisting the hit was legal is that they have the same "knowledge" about football as OlBlu.
    I can see how the intention may have been to simply tackle Luck, but you're correct, that is technically spearing.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:


  17. #361
    Member Swingman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    726

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The irony being...OlBlu is actually a genius. He manages to be a blatant troll while at the same time outsmarting the PD rule book/mods so they cannot justify banning him. The guy is no idiot. He is the single greatest troll in PD history.
    Although apparently have to be careful calling out his posts for what they are.

    RG3 is the one that had the concussion, yet olblu thinks Luck is guaranteed to go down with a season ending injury. There is just no reasoning behind his prognostications outside of his agenda against TPTB and no one here cares about his agenda.

    Now that his predictions for this season are down the toilet, the only thing he has left is Luck failing. Since it's obvious he won't fail on the field, he is pulling for a season ending injury so he can fill this board with posts about how the Colts should have seen that coming and drafted RG3. Of course, that argument would be doa if RG3 gets another concussion.
    Last edited by Swingman; 10-13-2012 at 10:31 AM.

  18. #362

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can see how the intention may have been to simply tackle Luck, but you're correct, that is technically spearing.
    THe NFL reviewed and fined him so it doesn't matter whats written in the rulebook as Colts fans know that can be subjective anyhow (see Colts Pats in 2004).

  19. #363

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    That is literally the definition of spearing. Olblu I played football in college thats a flag every time. Stop complaining and man up, you are wrong. It's ok to be wrong.

  20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dgreenwell3 For This Useful Post:


  21. #364
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,254

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You get 100 chances at a good offensive lineman for every 1 shot at a franchise QB. Anyone who passes on a potential star QB because of their situation at other positions would be the dumbest mother ****er to ever run an NFL team.

    In a list of silly comments, this might be the silliest.
    I appreciate people who take time to moderate. I understand not every post is going to get their attention....

  22. #365
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,943

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They do not apply. The man did not lead with his helmet. He made a tackle and that is all. You can't explain anything and have me get it when you are just plain wrong......
    Then what was he wearing on top of his head?

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  24. #366
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,246
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Then what was he wearing on top of his head?
    That is what football players have to use to protect their heads now. You know, to keep dirty players like Luck from viciously and illegally ramming the tops of defensive players heads with their chests.
    Last edited by travmil; 10-13-2012 at 02:05 PM.

  25. #367
    Member Pacergeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,464

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    This debate should have been put to bed several months ago, but after the GB game its clear that Luck was the correct choice. Luck is a top 5 NFL QB as a rookie
    David "And One" West

  26. #368
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,861

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This debate should have been put to bed several months ago, but after the GB game its clear that Luck was the correct choice. Luck is a top 5 NFL QB as a rookie
    Ummm no? I think Luck is damn good, but Top 5 in the NFL? No, not yet. His day will come though. Sooner than later too.

  27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:


  28. #369

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That is because you are used to fanatics who blindly follow ownership no matter how silly the mistakes they make really are. I don't want him to get hurt but it is inevitable taking that kind of punishment.....
    What does this have to do with anything?


    It's not "inevitable" that he'll get hurt. If he does, it's simply the unfortunate reality of the game. And I don't see how incessantly posting it day in and day out makes it any more or less likely to happen, but that's just me.

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to LuckSwagger For This Useful Post:


  30. #370
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ummm no? I think Luck is damn good, but Top 5 in the NFL? No, not yet. His day will come though. Sooner than later too.
    Don't bother him with facts like you have to be in the top 15 before you get to the top 5. It might help if you were the best QB in your rookie class and Luck isn't that either....

  31. #371
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That is literally the definition of spearing. Olblu I played football in college thats a flag every time. Stop complaining and man up, you are wrong. It's ok to be wrong.
    If I was wrong, I would but I am not wrong. That was not spearing and I haven't read one expert who watched it claim that was... Sorry, I won't take your word for anything.... ... It was a good hit and a bad call by the refs against the Vikings.....

  32. #372
    The Pac-Attack CompACE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    387
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Is there a way to also hide replies/quotes if someone is on your ignore list? I put OlBlu on ignore a while back, but people keep talking about him with quotes. I still basically end up seeing 90% of his posts and I'm ready to move on.
    Never half-a** two things. Whole-a** one thing.

  33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CompACE For This Useful Post:


  34. #373
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,267

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can't believe that anyone who watched Luck at Stanford could possibly question his toughness. He's very durable, especially for a QB. It's one reason I wanted the Colts to get him so much.

    Comparing his toughness to Griffin's is absurd.
    How do you measure toughness? EVERU QB gets hit hard, and unless they're injured, all get up. QB's who run get hit even more. This isn't to say that Luck isn't tough (that hit he gave to a Trojan DB attests to that lol) but measurung toughness is both subjective and overrated IMO

  35. #374
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,246
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How do you measure toughness?
    It's like judging whether something is pornography or not. I know it when I see it.

  36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:


  37. #375
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,509

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't bother him with facts like you have to be in the top 15 before you get to the top 5. It might help if you were the best QB in your rookie class and Luck isn't that either....
    Idiotic lol...
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  38. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Luck is being sued.
    By Coupe in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-24-2012, 12:39 PM
  2. Luck vs. RG3
    By Kid Minneapolis in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 165
    Last Post: 04-04-2012, 05:52 PM
  3. Luck's first commercial
    By RWB in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-15-2012, 11:21 AM
  4. Wish me luck...
    By Hicks in forum Market Square (General Non-Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-17-2007, 04:07 AM
  5. With this luck...
    By Jesus Shuttlesworth in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-29-2005, 01:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •