Page 14 of 68 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast

Thread: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Leadership- Luck
    Toughness- Luck
    Decision making- Luck
    Accuracy-Luck
    Arm strength-even
    Foot speeed- RG3
    Arm strength? Not gonna touch that, but sounds a lil homerish lol.
    Decision making? How is Luck a better decision maker when he has more turnovers? Doesn't make sense
    Toughness? How do you measure toughness? Bc Griffin got concust and Luck didn't? Lol okay....

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Luck just out played the MVP. If he isn't an elite QB, then he isn't too far behind. RG3 doesn't have a signature win. Luck gets drilled, and gets right back up like a man. Griffen gets popped, and he is out of the game. Luck is tougher and a better leader than RG3
    Again how do you measure leadership? What has Luck done that Griffin hasnt showcased that shows Luck is a better leader?
    Yes Luck is a BMF to get up and wink at a guy who just drilled him, but he isn't tougher than Griffin because he didn't get concust and was able to stay in the game.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    Luck has no run game either, so the defenses just throw defenders back in coverage. Skins like lead the league in rushing.

Luck has also faced 4 top fifteen pass defenses, while skins have faced one in five.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
    Now this is something I can sink my teeth into!! Good stats here

I said earlier that Luck prob has the edge over RGIII, just not much of one. Stats and facts like this does showcase that Luck is able to move the ball. But I'd also argue that Luck has a security blanket in Reggie. The redskins lack a true number one WR right now.

But I will be the first to admit, these stats are IMPRESSIVE.

C dash, I predicted the Colts to get 10 wins
    My bad. I confused you with Pacerfan (I think).

7. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    I'm not saying Luck is small, lol, don't get all up in arms. Last I knew Luck was 10 lbs lighter, just saying. Joe said he was physically bigger, and I get what he's saying, he's just not using the right phrase because technically being 1 inch taller and 10 lbs heavier does mean you're bigger, lol. That said Manning has never been a strength freak or very athletic. They obviousky have different builds and carry their weight differently. Hell I bet Bob Sanders could own Manning in a brawl but that doesn't mean he's physically bigger.

Luck is just much stronger and athletic.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
    I'm not disagreeing with you. In fact, I think we agree, but we're just misunderstanding each other. I'm saying that Luck is an inch shorter, but his build is bigger. He weighs 5 pounds more, and carries it more athletically than Manning. Luck is much more physically gifted than Manning.

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Indra View Post
    I'm not disagreeing with you. In fact, I think we agree, but we're just misunderstanding each other. I'm saying that Luck is an inch shorter, but his build is bigger. He weighs 5 pounds more, and carries it more athletically than Manning. Luck is much more physically gifted than Manning.
    Yeah, well talk to me about this in ten years, if he lasts ten years..... ...

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    Yeah, well talk to me about this in ten years, if he lasts ten years.
    OK. Go away for 10 years.

See you October, 2022.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    OK. Go away for 10 years.

See you October, 2022.
    You will get your wish eventually, I will never last ten years..... ...

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    Arm strength? Not gonna touch that, but sounds a lil homerish lol.
    Decision making? How is Luck a better decision maker when he has more turnovers? Doesn't make sense
    Toughness? How do you measure toughness? Bc Griffin got concust and Luck didn't? Lol okay....
    Here are two points I can expand upon. Luck arguably played the best defense in his first game as an NFL QB. He had 2 interceptions since that game and RG3 indeed has less interceptions but he also has more fumbles. Combine that with getting himself hurt and potentially costing the game against the Falcons and I say there about even in costing a game. One turned it over too much in the Bears game and one made a terrible judgement call on a scramble.

As far as interceptions which have alot to do with just having to throw it more which increases the likely hood of getting picked off. Even with that Lucks INT% is higher than RG3 so obviously he wins out here.

Decision making can often be displayed by 3rd down conversion rates and Luck smokes RG3 here and it has nothing to do with having more 3rd downs to convert. Just for comparisons sake Luck has increased 3rd down conversion rates by 8 percent compared to last year. RG3 has dropped the Redskins 3rd down conversion rates by 13 percent compared to last year. http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat...conversion-pct

Luck wins out on comeback wins with 2 so far and would have had a 3rd in the Jags game if it wasn't for the defense much like RG3 would have atleast had a shot at a comeback win in the Rams game. I don't put a ton of stock into this but after the year has ended I think it will be very relevant.

Now look at the difference between passer rating vs Total QBR (the new rating). Why is there so much of difference? There are many reasons why they are different but one thing to consider how the passer rating is caclulated. The passer rating is flawed in this it will rate a catch of one yard that the reciever turned into 90 yards as credit to the QB. This is noted as RG3 has a career long pass to Garcon for 88 yards which essentially was a 30 yard pass that Garcon turned into a 88 yard touchdown score.

Does that make sense? So if you calculate RG3 passer rating and adjust it for (yards after the catch) YAC by using Lucks recievers (yac) and RG3's passer rating drops from 101 to 90 which is the same as a Jake Locker.

So what that tells you is that RG3 recievers generate 340 more recieving yards than Lucks recievers which is the equivalent to an entire game in passing yardage . That my friend is a stat padder and is one of the reasons why RG3 passer rating is inflated.
    http://hosted.stats.com/fb/tmleaders...e=NFL&rank=231

Is Reggie Wayne a secruity blanket? Sure but so is a recieving core that generates 340 more yards after the catch than the Colts wr's.

Now one of the big reasons you see a drastic difference in Total QBR and passer rating is that it includes many more things than just completion percentage and passing yards.

IT accounts for rushing yards, sacks, clutch stats that factor in a offensive linemen holding and making a 1st down and 10 a 1st down and 20. The reason why Luck smokes RG3 here is that Lucks overall game is better at the moment.

As far as toughness goes I think both are tough. Both proved it in college but I won't lie and tell someone 20 lbs doesn't make a difference. Luck has not only taken hits but also generated hits that resulted in a fumble. Personally I could care less because neither are a Jeff George or Jay Cutler types but as far as decsion making goes I hope I made it a little bit more clearer on why I believe Luck is better at the moment.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gamble1 For This Useful Post:

You are the only person who has said that was a cheap shot and deserved a penalty that I have heard. All of the commentators said it was a bad penalty and just a good hit to Luck's chest. However, a couple of more like that or if it had been a head shot and Luck would be done. It is only a matter of time taking that much punishment. Many rookie QBs have been there. Carr, Couch and many others..... ...
    It absolutely was a penalty. Anybody who knows anything about the rules knows that was a penalty. The commentators said it was not a helmet to helmet, but it was indeed spearing. This is just further proof that you have no idea what you're looking at when you watch football.

Yeah, well talk to me about this in ten years, if he lasts ten years..... ...
    Nothing I stated has ANYTHING to do with his durability or how good of a quarterback he is. I simply stated he's more athletic and built much more solidly than Manning is. There's nothing to even argue on this point, it's simply the truth and is evident to anyone with eyeballs, which clearly you lack.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    Even if you don't think the opponents are better or just even then points allowed by both teams still favors the Colts. The turn over differential is a crtical stat IMO. IF you have lose that badly and still give up less points per game I think you have to say that the defense is better.

Comparing the two.

Packers (minus greg jennings still have more weapons) vs the Saints (with no coaching staff?)

Vikings (good run game one stud wr) vs Rams (not much of a running game and some number 2 wrs)

Jags (this is the only team that is worse offensively) vs. TB ( clear winner in thism mathcup)

Bears ( good running game and good passing game) vs. Cincy (good passing game with a marginal running game)

These comparisions are always flawed given that you have teams playing a different number of games and the schedule of the teams vary greatly. For example the Packers are ranked 15th in total points offensively but they also played the 3 top defenses in the league (49ers, Seahawks and the Bears).

You just have to factor in those type of things when you do those comparisons but at worse you could consider the schedule equal in competition and Colts have still have given up less points overall.

Edit: The rams are ranked 30th in passing and 22 in rushing. The jags are 32 in passing and 18th in rushing offensively speaking. Those could be consider a wash IMO but you still have Atlanta that the Redskins have played without RG3. The Falcons at this point have a marginal running game with a great passing game.
    Yeah everyone is free to their own opinion, or ways they can reason through stuff, mine just tell me that both have weaknesses and I would not call one better than the other, also a lot depends on who they are matched up against in any given situation.
    Why so SERIOUS

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Really? For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    Yeah everyone is free to their own opinion, or ways they can reason through stuff, mine just tell me that both have weaknesses and I would not call one better than the other, also a lot depends on who they are matched up against in any given situation.
    I think Colts fans are having a hard time believing that they have a defense that can occasionally stop the run and get the opponent to a 3 and out. I understand since its been a long time since the Colts had a marginally mediocre defense.

You will get your wish eventually, I will never last ten years..... ...
    You should really use Michael Cole as you avatar. You behave just like his character on WWE

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spazzxb For This Useful Post:

The big lead (blog) adjusted the Total QBR for opponents and Luck is number one overall..

http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php/...for-opponents/

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Gamble1 For This Useful Post:

I think Colts fans are having a hard time believing that they have a defense that can occasionally stop the run and get the opponent to a 3 and out. I understand since its been a long time since the Colts had a marginally mediocre defense.
    Not when it matters. Case and point, the Jags game

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    Not when it matters. Case and point, the Jags game
    Jag game is one case and GB is another. Holding AP to 60 yards rushing is an improvemnent from last yera and the jags game had alot to do with not having the best corners on the field at that time do to injuries.

Jag game is one case and GB is another. Holding AP to 60 yards rushing is an improvemnent from last yera and the jags game had alot to do with not having the best corners on the field at that time do to injuries.
    1 good game and then another good half aren't going to convince anybody.

They are improving for sure. But they still aren't good enough to trust just yet.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

First 4 Games Of Career

-------------- Luck ---------------- Peyton

Wins ---------- 2-2 ----------------- 0-4

Comp % ------ 54.2 ----------------- 55.5

Pass YPG ----- 302 ------------------ 248

TD-Int ------- 7-5 ------------------ 4-11

Luck with a FAR worse surrounding team. What's it mean? I don't know for sure, I'm not nastradumass.

I'm pretty sure it means Luck doesn't suck.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hoop For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Indra View Post
    It absolutely was a penalty. Anybody who knows anything about the rules knows that was a penalty. The commentators said it was not a helmet to helmet, but it was indeed spearing. This is just further proof that you have no idea what you're looking at when you watch football.
    It was not spearing and the commentators said it wasn't . It was a hit to the chest plate. There should not have been a penalty and that isn't me talking but everyone on air that I heard comment about it at all..... So, you think I am blind, then you must be deaf not to hear all of that. I agree with them after watching the hit...

I can't believe that anyone who watched Luck at Stanford could possibly question his toughness. He's very durable, especially for a QB. It's one reason I wanted the Colts to get him so much.

Comparing his toughness to Griffin's is absurd.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    I can't believe that anyone who watched Luck at Stanford could possibly question his toughness. He's very durable, especially for a QB. It's one reason I wanted the Colts to get him so much.

Comparing his toughness to Griffin's is absurd.
    The fact that he has taken these hits and lasted through four games attests to that. That doesn't mean that the right hit won't knock him out. He may or may not be the QB many of you think he is but he is definitely not Superman.....

Banned
    Mood

The fact that he has taken these hits and lasted through four games attests to that. That doesn't mean that the right hit won't knock him out. He may or may not be the QB many of you think he is but he is definitely not Superman.....
    Griffin and Luck will be compared in every way all of the time until one them moves way ahead and that is what I think will happen, RGIII will move way ahead in wins and QB rating.....

any time I think olblu has reached the pinnacle of idiocy, he surprises us all with an even more idiotic post.

Quote Originally Posted by Swingman View Post
    any time I think olblu has reached the pinnacle of idiocy, he surprises us all with an even more idiotic post.
    Based on that trajectory, I'm really excited to see what he has in store for us by the time the end of the season comes around
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.