Page 8 of 68 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast
Results 176 to 200 of 1692

Thread: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

  1. #176
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,393

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    I've said it before and will say it again: Mike and Kyle Shanahan are mortgaging the Redskin's future by letting RGIII run. If they want him to be known as someone other than the really talented but always injured guy who was drafted right after Andrew Luck, they better turn him into a pocket passer only. No one runs the option in the NFL for a good reason, it is too gimmicky and can result in substantial injury at the highest level of football. Given their incompetence of the past decade or so, I can see the Redskins screwing this up. People in DC love RGIII and want a ticket tape parade for him now but in their euphoria don't seem to understand the risks of using RGIII like they are using him.

  2. #177
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,918

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yea, he's been getting torn up on the ESPN boards haha.... can't be complaining about the physicality of the NFL after only your 2nd game. You know opposing defenses are going to focus on that.
    The Rams took a lot of cheap shots last week, and Fisher all but admitted such after the game (I am surprised there wasnt an all out brawl....another byproduct of ****** games)

    That said, you cant ***** about players being physical, even if they are late hits.

    The best response is beating the other team.

  3. #178
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,918

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's the way to play against a running QB. As soon as he tucks that ball and starts running, he's not a QB anymore (until they slide - wimps). Fair game - just as a running back. There were 0 penalties called on any of the plays he might be referring to. Sure, these bozo-replacement refs could have missed 1 or 2, but if there really was any 'extracurricular' stuff going on, the refs would have been aware of it and looking for it.

    He's going to get hit. He's going to get hit hard. He needs to learn either 1) to take it or 2) STFU. Anyone think that any players from the Bengals are going to check up before hitting him this weekend ?? This might just get them going a little bit more. It's a man's game. These guys are bigger, stronger and faster than guys he played against in college. They're working to make a living. Getting a clean hit on the opposing QB is money in the bank for them. Maybe he should wear some super-hero socks so he can survive the hits. Or pink lace ones.

    I rambled - you're absolutely right. Game #2 of your career isn't the time to be mouthing off about things. And by the time one has proven them self in the league to be in a position to complain, they'll be old enough and mature enough to understand that one says nothing about it to the media.
    Incorrect, Shanny called one of the refs over and *****ed about it, and the ref apologized and said he couldnt see everything that happened under the pile.

    You are right, you rambled....-a lot.

    I get it, Colts fans has a vested interest in RG3 failing. It started off funny, now its pathetic and a bit comical.

  4. #179
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,918

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They really need to use RGIII as a traditional QB with his arm. He really doesn't need to run. I would use the run for surprise plays not as part of the regular offense.
    With our terrible O-line, the only way for him to survive is to run

  5. #180
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    14,846

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Rams took a lot of cheap shots last week, and Fisher all but admitted such after the game (I am surprised there wasnt an all out brawl....another byproduct of ****** games)

    That said, you cant ***** about players being physical, even if they are late hits.

    The best response is beating the other team.
    Yes, there is a whole lot of whining going on. IIRC, Peyton Manning was picked up and thrown on his head well after a play and I don't think we heard this much crying. Imagine the hits Manning would take if he ran with the ball. They would try to knock his head off.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:


  7. #181
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,918

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-of-the-month/

    Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III is the is the recipient of the NFL’s September Rookie of the Month Award.

  8. #182
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-of-the-month/

    Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III is the is the recipient of the NFL’s September Rookie of the Month Award.
    RGIII is a superstar right now. Luck may not be in the top three or four of his draft. I know the line is causing some of this but Luck is causing some of it too. I think everyone knows that I thought the Colts should have taken a boat load of picks and moved down taken RGIII. I thought that before the season started. I am sure of it now......

  9. #183

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    RGIII is a superstar right now. Luck may not be in the top three or four of his draft. I know the line is causing some of this but Luck is causing some of it too. I think everyone knows that I thought the Colts should have taken a boat load of picks and moved down taken RGIII. I thought that before the season started. I am sure of it now......
    It's been 3 games man, you can't be sure of anything. You are being ridiculous thinking someone's career is decided so early. Peyton was terrible his first 3 games. Tell me, when he was that terrible, how can you justify him being so great and Luck's career over while Luck is doing 10x better than Peyton? Your arguments are inconsistent.

    And feel free to answer my other comment in the other Luck thread.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:


  11. #184
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's been 3 games man, you can't be sure of anything. You are being ridiculous thinking someone's career is decided so early. Peyton was terrible his first 3 games. Tell me, when he was that terrible, how can you justify him being so great and Luck's career over while Luck is doing 10x better than Peyton? Your arguments are inconsistent.

    And feel free to answer my other comment in the other Luck thread.
    I was not speaking about Luck so much as I was RGIII. Until Luck gets a line that can give him some time and keep him from running for his life, we won't know what he really has. That won't be this year and probably not next year either. That will be a lot of losing and a big beating for him to take. It ruined David Carr and others. We can only hope for the best and wonder why we went after a franchise QB when we couldn't protect him.....

  12. #185

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was not speaking about Luck so much as I was RGIII. Until Luck gets a line that can give him some time and keep him from running for his life, we won't know what he really has. That won't be this year and probably not next year either. That will be a lot of losing and a big beating for him to take. It ruined David Carr and others. We can only hope for the best and wonder why we went after a franchise QB when we couldn't protect him.....
    I think you can figure a lot of what Luck has based on what cards he has been dealt. We all agree the offensive line is horrendous, but in spite of that he's been able to play pretty well. I agree RG3 has been terrific but your argument that Luck is taking a beating is shallow considering RG3 is getting a much worse beating than Luck is. Luck has only been sacked 5 times and has been able to avoid getting hit unlike RG3.

    And 99% of the league would go after a franchise QB rather than a line. It's poor form to pass on exceptional talent just because you don't have a line.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  13. #186
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think you can figure a lot of what Luck has based on what cards he has been dealt. We all agree the offensive line is horrendous, but in spite of that he's been able to play pretty well. I agree RG3 has been terrific but your argument that Luck is taking a beating is shallow considering RG3 is getting a much worse beating than Luck is. Luck has only been sacked 5 times and has been able to avoid getting hit unlike RG3.

    And 99% of the league would go after a franchise QB rather than a line. It's poor form to pass on exceptional talent just because you don't have a line.
    Washington has needed a QB for a long time. They thought they had enough in hand to go after one when they did. Many teams have taken the QB first and several were ruined because of it. David Carr, Couch and a host of others are an example. Won't do you much good to have a franchise QB who has a career ending injury because there was not offensive line to protect him. That doesn't even take into account players who just never developed after taking that kind of beating....

  14. #187

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Washington has needed a QB for a long time. They thought they had enough in hand to go after one when they did. Many teams have taken the QB first and several were ruined because of it. David Carr, Couch and a host of others are an example. Won't do you much good to have a franchise QB who has a career ending injury because there was not offensive line to protect him. That doesn't even take into account players who just never developed after taking that kind of beating....
    I think the QBs you consider ruined were not good to begin with. David Carr and Couch had good college careers but just did not do a great job in the NFL because of talent, not because of lack of protection. I do agree Carr got absolutely mauled in the beginning, but the good QBs can overcome bad protection and create opportunities. Roethlisberger has never had great protection, yet year after year he's been able to get Pittsburgh's offense moving down the field. He gets hit and sacked a ton. Those 2 QBs needed all the help they could get because they were not great to begin with. If they had protection, they might have survived a bit longer, but they still would not be good. Luck does not have protection, but he's able to feel pressure better than 90% of the Qbs in the league already and avoid the sack/hit. I have every confidence right now that we will continue to address the offensive line and will get better, and I think that will happen next year itself.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  15. #188
    Member Pacergeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,361

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Washington has needed a QB for a long time. They thought they had enough in hand to go after one when they did. Many teams have taken the QB first and several were ruined because of it. David Carr, Couch and a host of others are an example. Won't do you much good to have a franchise QB who has a career ending injury because there was not offensive line to protect him. That doesn't even take into account players who just never developed after taking that kind of beating....
    Luck doesn't take beatings. He makes people whiff all the time. You don't watch Colts games.
    David "And One" West

  16. #189
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think the QBs you consider ruined were not good to begin with. David Carr and Couch had good college careers but just did not do a great job in the NFL because of talent, not because of lack of protection. I do agree Carr got absolutely mauled in the beginning, but the good QBs can overcome bad protection and create opportunities. Roethlisberger has never had great protection, yet year after year he's been able to get Pittsburgh's offense moving down the field. He gets hit and sacked a ton. Those 2 QBs needed all the help they could get because they were not great to begin with. If they had protection, they might have survived a bit longer, but they still would not be good. Luck does not have protection, but he's able to feel pressure better than 90% of the Qbs in the league already and avoid the sack/hit. I have every confidence right now that we will continue to address the offensive line and will get better, and I think that will happen next year itself.
    Blah, blah, blah..... When I point out examples of QBs who were as highly thought of as Luck at the time, they just didn't have the talent. Well, has it occurred to you that Luck just doesn't really have the talent or the arm either. Put Luck on Washington and he would not produce what RGIII has. Put RGIII on the Colts and he will make the other players better and you would have a better team immediately. There is that much difference. Cam Newton took over a team that was just about as bad as the Colts last year and look at the season he had and how many more wins they got than were predicted. He is off to a shaky start this year playing some very good teams but his numbers will be great by the end of the year. Why won't you just admit that Luck is not the NFL ready QB and talent that everyone (but a few of us) thought that he was. He will be an adequate but not great QB. He might even become Phillip Rivers type good but he will never be a Brady, either of the Mannings, Rogers or Brees kind of good.... ... By the way, Big Ben has never had to have great protection to be a very good superbowl winning QB. Luck would never be able to win playing behind the lines that Big Ben has.... ...

  17. #190
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,279

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Blah, blah, blah.... ...
    That about says it all.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

  18. #191
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That about says it all.
    The man was asking for example and I gave them to him in Carr and Couch. He just said they were not good enough. Perhaps he is right. Perhaps I am right that Luck won't be more than an adequate NFL QB. I don't see him as a top ten any time soon.... ...

  19. #192
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,279

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Blah, blah, blah..... When I point out examples of QBs who were as highly thought of as Luck at the time, they just didn't have the talent. Well, has it occurred to you that Luck just doesn't really have the talent or the arm either. ...
    Your fixation on Luck's arm just won't quit. Once again let's go back to your favorite expert Phil Simms and what he thinks about arm strength... and here's the quote when talking about your favorite quarterback Peyton Manning just getting out of college.

    My apologies in providing the proper link.... This was taken from a Peter King SI article (Peter King's Monday Morning Quarterback from 1998)..

    * Simms was incredulous when the question about Manning’s questionable arm strength was posed. “His arm’s plenty good. You know how many times Drew Bledsoe really aired it out last year? I mean, 50, 60 yards in the air? Five. Ten, maybe. In the NFL, you make your living throwing the intermediate pass, and look at how many good intermediate throws we’re seeing Peyton make.”
    Last edited by RWB; 10-05-2012 at 10:33 AM.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

  20. #193
    I have a Member xBulletproof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,671

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The man was asking for example and I gave them to him in Carr and Couch. He just said they were not good enough. Perhaps he is right. Perhaps I am right that Luck won't be more than an adequate NFL QB. I don't see him as a top ten any time soon.... ...
    Your issue with thinking you're making good comparisons is you believe that all #1 drafted QB's are equal in expectations and scouting grades. Which just simply isn't the case. Here's an example. Here are the negatives from Pro Football Weekly on David Carr:

    Negatives: Semi-sidearm, unusual, three-quarter throwing motion. Has a very low release point, about shoulder level. Will get balls batted down, which could be huge problem, since so many teams use so many three- and five-step drops. Is basically a line-drive passer and might be better off if he put more air under some of his throws. Is not quite as mobile as you would like and is not a super athlete and improviser. Average scambler and is no Donovan McNabb as a runner. Can be inconsistent throwing the ball. Will force some and make some bad reads. Was brought along beautifully by the Fresno State staff and has not faced a lot of adversity, so you cannot be sure how well he can handle it. Did bounce back from the Ohio State disaster in 2000. In Fresno State’s two regular-season losses in ’01, he was in a position to lead John Elway-type comebacks but did not do it.
    Does that sound like a glowing review of someone they think will be a superstar QB? Not at all. I can vividly recall Couch having plenty of doubters out of college as well, including me. I couldn't find any old scouting reports on Couch. I'm know both had believers, but it certainly wasn't unanimous like it was with Luck this year.

    They weren't victims of bad offensive lines, they were victims of being top picks that weren't very good. At a position that gets a ton of attention. In fact, if Luck continues his rookie season even anywhere remotely close to what he has done in his first 3 games, he will have a better rookie year then either of those guys had at any point in their career.

    They just weren't good, they weren't ruined by anything.
    Last edited by xBulletproof; 10-05-2012 at 10:38 AM.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:


  22. #194

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Why are you guys arguing with him?

    Its a lost cause. I mean he thinks Cam Newton was the QB of this generation and has faced a top notch defenses in 4 games. He has played one good passing defense in the Falcons and lost that game. Just look at the stats. Cam has lost to the 32nd ranked passing defense (ranked by yds per game). Want to guess who that was?

    The tampa bay bucs who also gave RG3 his best statistical performance of the year this last weekend. You know the guy who fumbled in the redzone and was recovered by Garcon for a score. A game which was won by 2 points.

    RG3 has yet to win against a team with a top 16 passing defense (yds/game).

    Lets just say its only been 4 games, 3 in the case of Luck, and both have been lucky and unlucky in certain games.

    A missed field goal here a fumble recover there and the game is totally different so lets hold off any judgements yet. Both IMO are good but the league has a way to make you look terrible overtime hence Cam Newton and Josh Freeman.
    Last edited by Gamble1; 10-05-2012 at 01:02 PM.

  23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gamble1 For This Useful Post:


  24. #195
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,279

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why are you guys arguing with him?
    Its a lost cause. I mean he thinks Cam Newton was the QB of this generation and has faced a top notch defenses in 4 games. He has played one good passing defense in the both have been lucky and unlucky in certain games.
    Because you told us to...

    Again just point out how ridiculous his post are and move on. Theres no need to get personal about it with him. He's an old guy with a lot more time to be bitter about Irsays/Peytons decision.

    So basically know a lost cause and move on. Refute his point with Facts (cats) and just laugh at how pathetic his points really are.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to RWB For This Useful Post:


  26. #196
    BoilerUpMan Really?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    3,936
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Blah, blah, blah..... When I point out examples of QBs who were as highly thought of as Luck at the time, they just didn't have the talent. Well, has it occurred to you that Luck just doesn't really have the talent or the arm either. Put Luck on Washington and he would not produce what RGIII has. Put RGIII on the Colts and he will make the other players better and you would have a better team immediately. There is that much difference. Cam Newton took over a team that was just about as bad as the Colts last year and look at the season he had and how many more wins they got than were predicted. He is off to a shaky start this year playing some very good teams but his numbers will be great by the end of the year. Why won't you just admit that Luck is not the NFL ready QB and talent that everyone (but a few of us) thought that he was. He will be an adequate but not great QB. He might even become Phillip Rivers type good but he will never be a Brady, either of the Mannings, Rogers or Brees kind of good.... ... By the way, Big Ben has never had to have great protection to be a very good superbowl winning QB. Luck would never be able to win playing behind the lines that Big Ben has.... ...
    Just seeing some of this stuff and I will just make a few comments, neither Couch or Carr was ever thought to have as much talent as Luck, he is considered the best prospect to come out of college since John Elway, so anyone between those two guys does not matter.

    Even if Luck didn't have top arm strength football is a lot more than that, a QB really only needs to have above average arm strength I think to eventually become elite, other traits are needed to separate them, unless you think Luck has below average arm strength which no one does or even average, then he should be just fine.

    As far as who he will become no one knows, so far he has had better a better rookie season than all those guys you have listed.

    Eli passed fore 48% and had 6TD's and 9 picks, Brees really did not take of til he got to the Saints, Rodgers set multiple years and had to work on a lot, Rivers didn't start until his second year, Brady set his first year and during his second was not very special, better than most but not anything that makes you say he would be a hall of famer, and we all know about Peyton who through for 56% and had more picks than touchdowns in his first year.

    But if you would like to hear something positive right now about Luck that comes from an outside party here you go...

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr

    http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/pos...qbs-measure-up

    Currently Luck has the highest score in this ranking scale out of ALL quarterbacks in the NFL, every ranking system has its shortcomings but, I think this says something about what Luck has done so far this season.
    Why so SERIOUS

  27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Really? For This Useful Post:


  28. #197

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Because you told us to...

    Again just point out how ridiculous his post are and move on. Theres no need to get personal about it with him. He's an old guy with a lot more time to be bitter about Irsays/Peytons decision.

    So basically know a lost cause and move on. Refute his point with Facts (cats) and just laugh at how pathetic his points really are.
    IIRC that was to one poster who was getting a little caught up in his web. Most of the PDers here don't have that problem. Certainly his comparisons of Luck don't even deserve a response though I did like xBulletproofs post.

  29. #198
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,368

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    No one really thought David Carr was going to be an elite pro QB Not even really the Texans, my memory from that draft is that they kind of threw their arms up in the air and said well we NEED a QB as a franchise team and we're going to be terrible anyway. Carr has the great senior season and the rest is history. I don't necessarily dislike Carr either, I do think his line was detriment to him, and I think he's a good serviceable QB, but he can't be compared to Luck IMO. I'm pretty sure that's the exact same thing that happened to Tim Couch. Comparing either one to Luck's situation is a huuuuuuuuge stretch.

    I mean Carr struggled to win the job at Fresno until his junior year. Couch through 36 INTs in his junior and senior seasons. 36!
    Last edited by Trader Joe; 10-05-2012 at 02:42 PM.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  30. #199
    BoilerUpMan Really?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    3,936
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No one really thought David Carr was going to be an elite pro QB Not even really the Texans, my memory from that draft is that they kind of threw their arms up in the air and said well we NEED a QB as a franchise team and we're going to be terrible anyway. Carr has the great senior season and the rest is history. I don't necessarily dislike Carr either, I do think his line was detriment to him, and I think he's a good serviceable QB, but he can't be compared to Luck IMO. I'm pretty sure that's the exact same thing that happened to Tim Couch. Comparing either one to Luck's situation is a huuuuuuuuge stretch.

    I mean Carr struggled to win the job at Fresno until his junior year. Couch through 36 INTs in his junior and senior seasons. 36!
    Yeah it is typically hard to really project how good a QB is going to be going from college to the pros, there is so much that is different, the speed, the plays, the defenses, and most importantly how they will adapt to adversity.

    I think Luck has done pretty good so far, but he is still early into his NFL career.

    As far as Carr, I mean they expected him to be a QB with potential, nothing wrong with that, but you are correct in the fact that they wanted to start out their franchise with at QB, and if it makes anyone feel any better he was the best QB to come out of that first round, lol the other two guys were Patrick Ramsey, and Joey Harrington, scary.
    Why so SERIOUS

  31. #200

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No one really thought David Carr was going to be an elite pro QB Not even really the Texans, my memory from that draft is that they kind of threw their arms up in the air and said well we NEED a QB as a franchise team and we're going to be terrible anyway. Carr has the great senior season and the rest is history. I don't necessarily dislike Carr either, I do think his line was detriment to him, and I think he's a good serviceable QB, but he can't be compared to Luck IMO. I'm pretty sure that's the exact same thing that happened to Tim Couch. Comparing either one to Luck's situation is a huuuuuuuuge stretch.

    I mean Carr struggled to win the job at Fresno until his junior year. Couch through 36 INTs in his junior and senior seasons. 36!
    Couch also had a broken thumb, a broken leg, and a shoulder surgery in the matter of 4 years. That can pretty much derail anyones career.

Similar Threads

  1. Luck is being sued.
    By Coupe in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-24-2012, 12:39 PM
  2. Luck vs. RG3
    By Kid Minneapolis in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 165
    Last Post: 04-04-2012, 05:52 PM
  3. Luck's first commercial
    By RWB in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-15-2012, 11:21 AM
  4. Wish me luck...
    By Hicks in forum Market Square (General Non-Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-17-2007, 04:07 AM
  5. With this luck...
    By Jesus Shuttlesworth in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-29-2005, 01:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •