Page 5 of 68 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 1692

Thread: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

  1. #101
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wish RG3 the best, but Dan Snyder is either going to have to go broke or fall off a cliff for the Redskins to be a successful franchise.
    I would take Snyder over Irsay in a heartbeat...... ...

  2. #102
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,941

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That is very funny. The Redskins line is about 1000% better than the Colts line. I think the Redskins could beat the Colts with their number two defense and offense. There is a HUGE difference between these two teams. ...
    Out line sucks. And that is assuming Trent stays healthy (and leaves the bong alone).

    They looked better today, but they still let people up the middle effing intouched a number of tes

  3. #103
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,272
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am annoyed with the RG3 hype. A year ago, nobody knew who he was except Big 12 football fans. After one great college season, the media has pushed him to ridiculous levels. Sorry, but I just don't like the guy. I hate his stupid socks, and his cocky smirk on his face. This hype machine even won RGIII the Heismann, which Luck clearly deserved to win. RGIII has Luck's Heismann just like Charles Woodson has Peyton's.
    My. Thoughts. Exactly.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  4. #104
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,537

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would take Snyder over Irsay in a heartbeat...... ...
    You're nuts. People can say what they want about Polian, but Irsay has at least had the humility to understand he knows little about football and needs a football guy in charge. Snyder ran the Redskins into the ground for years, trading draft picks like they were candy. The Colts meanwhile preserved their draft picks, drafted intelligently in the early 2000's and eventually won a SB in 2006 because of it.

    I live in DC, and Snyder's attitude of milking the fans for every cent has turned off many in a fanbase that is way more loyal than the Colts fanbase. From selling expired airline peanuts for like $10 to charging ridiculous amounts of money for parking, to suing a local newspaper for making fun of him his vanity has no bounds.

    Snyder now has put adults in charge, but I'm skeptical. They gave up a lot of picks to get RG3, which may work for them but it is a massive gamble. Shanahan has a great reputation, but he's never won anything without Elway.
    Last edited by idioteque; 08-25-2012 at 06:37 PM.

  5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:


  6. #105
    Member Pacergeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,462

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    RGIII is nowhere near as good as Luck. Luck will have a great career. RGIII will fade out like Ryan Leaf.
    David "And One" West

  7. #106
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,941

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    RGIII is nowhere near as good as Luck. Luck will have a great career. RGIII will fade out like Ryan Leaf.
    Good to see your bitter tone hasnt changed. You sound like a jaded ex. What, did RG3 steal tour prom date?

    Can you tell me the winning powerball numbers for tonight as well

  8. #107
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,941

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Its a shame this is a pre-season. RGIII is better than I thought. Wish these two could duke it out for 4 quarters
    It would be fun to see them play a regular season game

  9. #108

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You gathered that in one half of pre-season football?
    No, I follow the NFL pretty closely. I feel disrespected that you would think that If I took the time to post a comment, that all my knowledge and reasoning came from 30 mins of football.

  10. #109
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,941

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You're nuts. People can say what they want about Polian, but Irsay has at least had the humility to understand he knows little about football and needs a football guy in charge. Snyder ran the Redskins into the ground for years, trading draft picks like they were candy. The Colts meanwhile preserved their draft picks, drafted intelligently in the early 2000's and eventually won a SB in 2006 because of it.

    I live in DC, and Snyder's attitude of milking the fans for every cent has turned off many in a fanbase that is way more loyal than the Colts fanbase. From selling expired airline peanuts for like $10 to charging ridiculous amounts of money for parking, to suing a local newspaper for making fun of him his vanity has no bounds.

    Snyder now has put adults in charge, but I'm skeptical. They gave up a lot of picks to get RG3, which may work for them but it is a massive gamble. Shanahan has a great reputation, but he's never won anything without Elway.
    Snydet will always be a business man, but i think he has learned

    As for the gamble, its one we as a franchise needed to make

  11. #110
    Member Merz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,088
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't know what you are watching but RGIII has completely outplayed Luck in this game. He has shown a cannon of an arm although he didn't connect on those passes, he showed it to the Colts and that opens up many things for him. I see dink pass after dink pass by Luck running for his life behind a terrible offensive line. I think Luck has a long, long way to go and RGIII is going to win and be a star for the Redskins right now. I don't know who you are listening too calling this game but Joe Theisman said that he doesn't see Luck staying healthy all season behind this line. I don't either.... ...
    You really have no idea that saying "Joe Theisman said" multiple times really hurts any point you're trying to make, do you?

    The man is a bona fide idiot & homer. He has a history of stupidity.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Merz For This Useful Post:


  13. #111

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Eagles cut Kevin Thomas today. Bring him back.

  14. #112
    Member Pacergeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,462

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good to see your bitter tone hasnt changed. You sound like a jaded ex. What, did RG3 steal tour prom date?

    Can you tell me the winning powerball numbers for tonight as well
    No, he boned my mom. 77342778 powerball: 49
    David "And One" West

  15. #113
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,941

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, he boned my mom. 77342778 powerball: 49
    Cute.

    Predicting RG3 to fail based off one preseason game (and this ignores its a game he played well in, and ignoring your obvious personal bias) is about as stupid as predicting Lucks failure because he has one bad game.

    Clearly this will fall on deaf ears, so my apologies for interrupting your bashing party of RG3. Please returning to telling us how great Luck is and how RG3 will never amount to anything.

  16. #114

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    I don't know if they planned on playing him or not but Stanton's wife apparently went into labor during the game so he had to attend to that. If anyone was curious.

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  18. #115
    You are my Lucifer D-BONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nirvana
    Posts
    6,944

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't know if they planned on playing him or not but Stanton's wife apparently went into labor during the game so he had to attend to that. If anyone was curious.
    I was...thanks. Harnisch didn't do too badly with the opportunity. Whalen continues to look good.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

    -Emiliano Zapata

  19. #116
    Member Pacergeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,462

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cute.

    Predicting RG3 to fail based off one preseason game (and this ignores its a game he played well in, and ignoring your obvious personal bias) is about as stupid as predicting Lucks failure because he has one bad game.

    Clearly this will fall on deaf ears, so my apologies for interrupting your bashing party of RG3. Please returning to telling us how great Luck is and how RG3 will never amount to anything.
    I'll stop hating. I actually thought he played well today, and the Skins could surprise some teams in the East
    David "And One" West

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacergeek For This Useful Post:


  21. #117

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by D-BONE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was...thanks. Harnisch didn't do too badly with the opportunity. Whalen continues to look good.
    Yeah, I still want to see him go against guys that won't be bagging groceries in a couple days, but there's no denying he's looked great. Surest looking hands on the team outside of Reggie. Had no interest in him at all when they first brought him in but he should make the roster.

  22. #118
    You are my Lucifer D-BONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nirvana
    Posts
    6,944

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, I still want to see him go against guys that won't be bagging groceries in a couple days, but there's no denying he's looked great. Surest looking hands on the team outside of Reggie. Had no interest in him at all when they first brought him in but he should make the roster.
    I'm with you. I thought he would be a complete afterthought. I'm surprised. He's got a serious case for making it, particularly with the Collie sitch...unless they acquire a WR. Certainly can't feel confident about Avery. Sure he could recapture his short lived Rams success, but that has to be considered a longshot.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

    -Emiliano Zapata

  23. #119
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,537

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Snydet will always be a business man, but i think he has learned

    As for the gamble, its one we as a franchise needed to make
    I agree the Griffin gamble probably needed to be made. It will be tougher for the Redskins to find good complementary players with less draft picks though. They are going to have to find some good talent in the 3rd, 4th round at least for the next couple of years. I hope they can do it because the vibe in the DC area is so much better when the Redskins are winning.

  24. #120
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,267

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by MaHa3000 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, I follow the NFL pretty closely. I feel disrespected that you would think that If I took the time to post a comment, that all my knowledge and reasoning came from 30 mins of football.
    No disrespect intended. And yes the line looked horrible in this game, but it looked above average the first two games, so it's hard to make any decisions yet.

  25. #121

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would take Snyder over Irsay in a heartbeat...... ...
    I would still take Luck over RGIII and saw nothing today to change my opinion.

    You will never find anything about our team that is better than any other team. You're talking redskins for godsakes. We have outperformed them over the last decade by miles but to listen to you they are perennially in the superbowl with their brilliant owner who is known as a fool. Compare Irsay to Snyder for the decade and the entire redskin fan base would take Irsay. Have you found an expert to say Snyder is a smarter or better owner?

  26. #122
    Member Swingman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    726

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by D-BONE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm with you. I thought he would be a complete afterthought. I'm surprised. He's got a serious case for making it, particularly with the Collie sitch...unless they acquire a WR. Certainly can't feel confident about Avery. Sure he could recapture his short lived Rams success, but that has to be considered a longshot.
    huh? I thought Avery looked pretty good.

  27. #123
    THE WITCH IS DEAD!!! Coopdog23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Bank
    Posts
    2,916

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    The O Line was the reason the offense looked bad.

  28. #124

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Eagles cut Kevin Thomas today. Bring him back.
    It was given he'll come back we like Eagles leftovers

    This game didn't tell us anything about either QB to be honest it did tell me the Colts O-Line is terrible though and the Pass D not so great either but what else is new

    We need to keep Luck upright if the Colts are going to do anything.

  29. #125
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,753

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck vs Griffin - let it begin.

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't know what you are watching but RGIII has completely outplayed Luck in this game. He has shown a cannon of an arm although he didn't connect on those passes, he showed it to the Colts and that opens up many things for him.

    Luck, playing with a poor line against a good defense: 14/23, 151 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT, 60.8%, 6.6 YPA, 94.7 rating

    RGIII playing with a solid line against a soft defense: 11/17, 74 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT, 64.7%, 4.3 YPA, 93.8 rating

    I don't see how in the world you can say that "RGIII completely outplayed Luck". Both were good, but the statistical evidence says that Luck played a better game. The only thing RGIII beat Luck in was completion percentage, yet Luck still managed to average two more yards per passing attempt. But I'm supposed to think that RGIII played a better game because he threw some long bombs that were incomplete? Any NFL quarterback can throw some long incomplete passes. The fact that you have to use long incomplete passes to back up your assertion that RGIII was better shows that RGIII didn't beat Luck in the stats that actually matter.

    If Luck had RGIII's offensive line then he would have completely outclassed RGIII.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 08-26-2012 at 01:33 PM.

Similar Threads

  1. Luck is being sued.
    By Coupe in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-24-2012, 12:39 PM
  2. Luck vs. RG3
    By Kid Minneapolis in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 165
    Last Post: 04-04-2012, 05:52 PM
  3. Luck's first commercial
    By RWB in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-15-2012, 11:21 AM
  4. Wish me luck...
    By Hicks in forum Market Square (General Non-Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-17-2007, 04:07 AM
  5. With this luck...
    By Jesus Shuttlesworth in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-29-2005, 01:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •