Thread: Collie had another concussion, officially

assuming PG gets back... Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Default Collie had another concussion, officially

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/colts-c...3987--nfl.html

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) -- Colts receiver Austin Collie has now been diagnosed with at least his third concussion in less than 22 months.

Coach Chuck Pagano says Collie returned to the team complex Monday and ''felt good,'' but the team would not use him again until he was cleared to play by the team's medical staff.

Collie missed seven of the final eight regular-season games in 2010 season after sustaining two other concussions.

That appears to be the most significant injury Indy took in Sunday night's 26-24 loss at Pittsburgh.

Pagano says an MRI on defensive end Cory Redding's left knee revealed a mild sprain of the medial collateral ligament. He will likely miss one week.

Pagano also says linebacker Robert Mathis is ''fine'' after leaving in the first quarter with a strained shoulder.
    It may actually be his 4th in 22 months, but it wasn't ever confirmed. It's a shame but if I were a family member or close friend of Collie I'd try and get him to retire.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Collie had another concussion, officially

This is just awful, I feel really bad for him. He should retire for his long term health.

I really thought he had the potential to be a top notch receiver. Wasn't he leading the league in receptions when he got that first concussion a few seasons ago?
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

assuming PG gets back... Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

OK, so who knows

http://www.whosay.com/AdamSchefter/c...w&code=nfM40Uk
    Don Yee, agent for Colts WR Austin Collie, said it is incorrect and premature to conclude his client suffered a concussion Sunday night vs. Steelers. "He's going through the normal protocal," Yee said. "We just don't know yet (whether he has a concussion)."

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Mood

This is becoming more of a safety issue rather than an injury issue. I hope that he does not end up with some kind of dementia at the age of 45 and end up in some nursing facility. I agree that maybe the best thing for him would be to retire if he is having PCS problems. I had PCS symptoms after my last concussion and it lasted for weeks. Trust me, it is not fun.

Dude needs to retire. I do hope the Colts keep him on the roster so he can collect his salary, but I'll lose respect for the Colts if they ever put him on the field again.
    With the #3 pick in the 2015 draft, your Indiana Pacers!

I don't think that should be the Colts decision, it should be Collie's. If he feels he can play again, then that's up to him. If this really is a concussion (which is probably is), then he should talk to his physicians and figure what the best way to proceed is. If they feel like he's fine to continue, then I don't have a problem with him trying again. But in all likelihood he'll probably get another concussion, IMO. Pretty amazing he went all last year without one.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

What's the usual procedure when a linebacker "accidentally" hits a guy with concussion in history in the head with a forearm?

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

There was a study done on about 3000 college football players looking at concussions, where 1 in 15 players with concussions and a recurrent concussion in the same season, most occurring within 7-10 days, which is why they tend to keep players out a little while afterwards. As you know, with each concussion somebody has, the risk of developing a second concussion increases. People with 3 concussions are 3x more likely to get another concussion than someone who has never had one. Collie certainly is at this point right now, which is why even slight traumatic injuries to his head are predisposing him to easier concussions.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

http://www.indystar.com/article/2012...t|IndyStar.com

Austin Collie has recovered from his latest concussion and will be available Sunday when the Indianapolis Colts open the season at Chicago.
    “Full go,’’ coach Chuck Pagano said today when asked about Collie’s status. “Yep.’’
    How did Collie look during the team’s workout?
    “Great,’’ Pagano said. “Fresh legs. Ran all over the place. Caught everything. Looked great.’’
    Collie’s status had been in question since the veteran receiver suffered his fourth concussion in 22 months Aug. 19 at Pittsburgh. He did not play in the team’s final two preseason games.
    Along with Collie, cornerbacks Jerraud Powers (knee) and Justin King (undisclosed) are expected to play against the Bears. Pagano also is optimistic defensive end Cory Redding will return to the lineup. Redding suffered injuries to his left knee and ankle against the Steelers.
    The only player who won’t play against the Bears is starting inside linebacker Pat Angerer, who’s on the mend from foot surgery

Looks like Collie's going to give it a go.

(Oh yeah, only 13 more free articles to go for the month)

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If he gets another one, he should retire. TY Hilton is supposed to be better than Collie anyways
    Smothered Chicken!