View Poll Results: Do you think JOB saved the Pacers for moving to Las Vegas or Seattle?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    1 1.54%
  • No

    64 98.46%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 61 of 61

Thread: Do you think JOB helped the Pacers stay in Indy?

  1. #51
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,083

    Default Re: Do you think JOB helped the Pacers stay in Indy?

    Quote Originally Posted by spazzxb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wouldn't credit him for the rebuild, however he did a good job helping change the culture and instilling discipline.
    He really instilled some discipline and laid down the law with Tinsley during that Phoenix game.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:


  3. #52
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Do you think JOB helped the Pacers stay in Indy?

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He really instilled some discipline and laid down the law with Tinsley during that Phoenix game.

  4. #53
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Do you think JOB helped the Pacers stay in Indy?

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's a reason why you fire the coach before he hurts you.
    It wasn't always the coach's fault, though. They players didn't need to suck so badly.

  5. #54
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,767

    Default Re: Do you think JOB helped the Pacers stay in Indy?

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He really instilled some discipline and laid down the law with Tinsley during that Phoenix game.
    Yes he did. Well not during the actual game. But we know that game led to Tinsley being benched. We know that game led to a film session where heated words were exchanged between the two.

    if I were to make a list of the top 5 things Jim did as coach, his benching of Tinsley would be in the top 5, maybe it kight be number 1.

  6. #55
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    9,112
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Do you think JOB helped the Pacers stay in Indy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes he did. Well not during the actual game. But we know that game led to Tinsley being benched. We know that game led to a film session where heated words were exchanged between the two.

    if I were to make a list of the top 5 things Jim did as coach, his benching of Tinsley would be in the top 5, maybe it kight be number 1.

    That is one thing I liked about JOB. The FO was hesitant to move on situations. Their hesitancy led to the Artest debacle, SJAX craze, JO's entitlement, Tinsley holding us hostage, lost trades (Augustin, Mayo, and others), and ironically JOB staying too long.

    JOB at least forced their hand in dealing with Tins.

  7. #56
    Redemption. docpaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Noblesville, IN
    Posts
    1,685

    Default Re: Do you think JOB helped the Pacers stay in Indy?

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He really instilled some discipline and laid down the law with Tinsley during that Phoenix game.
    I will never forget that game. I've never seen such a display of selfish basketball, ever. It was borderline surreal.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to docpaul For This Useful Post:


  9. #57
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Do you think JOB helped the Pacers stay in Indy?

    Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It wasn't always the coach's fault, though. They players didn't need to suck so badly.

    The players he was playing sucked that was the problem, Ford,Dunleavy, Murphy, Rasho, Head, Murray, Posey, etc, etc, he had better players on the bench but refused to play them.

  10. #58
    Member spazzxb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    fort wayne In
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,816

    Default Re: Do you think JOB helped the Pacers stay in Indy?

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The players he was playing sucked that was the problem, Ford,Dunleavy, Murphy, Rasho, Head, Murray, Posey, etc, etc, he had better players on the bench but refused to play them.
    IF you want to have an actual intelligent dialog try naming names. You never talk about an alternative, you just complain alot using what ever ammo you can think of. It just comes across as if you have a very surface level knowledge base behind what you say. Posey was on this team for 1 season and wasn't even playing when JOB was fired, Mcroberts was not better than Murphy. Didn't TJ Ford get benched(hell I don't even think he should have). If Roy could breathe and stay out of foul trouble Rasho would have played less. Are you digging up Rush v. Dunleavy, otherwise who was better? I barely remember Head. Your aurguments are very weak.

    Then I remembered that to you better means loosing games and now I regret spending the time typing any of this.

    ps. smile at my temporary avatar, you know that dogs awesome.:-)

  11. #59
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,336

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Do you think JOB helped the Pacers stay in Indy?

    Quote Originally Posted by spazzxb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Posey was on this team for 1 season and wasn't even playing when JOB was fired, )
    Uhm, yeah he was..... He was averaging 18 minutes a game when JOB was fired. In fact, JOB playing him over McBob late against Chicago was a big reason we blew that last game under Jim the Quitter.

    Another Posey fact: 88% of his 241 FGA that year were for three. He hit just about a third of his shots. JOB kept playing him.
    Last edited by Sandman21; 08-21-2012 at 05:08 PM.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  12. #60
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,626

    Default Re: Do you think JOB helped the Pacers stay in Indy?

    Quote Originally Posted by spazzxb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    IF you want to have an actual intelligent dialog try naming names. You never talk about an alternative, you just complain alot using what ever ammo you can think of. It just comes across as if you have a very surface level knowledge base behind what you say. Posey was on this team for 1 season and wasn't even playing when JOB was fired, Mcroberts was not better than Murphy. Didn't TJ Ford get benched(hell I don't even think he should have). If Roy could breathe and stay out of foul trouble Rasho would have played less. Are you digging up Rush v. Dunleavy, otherwise who was better? I barely remember Head. Your aurguments are very weak.

    Then I remembered that to you better means loosing games and now I regret spending the time typing any of this.

    ps. smile at my temporary avatar, you know that dogs awesome.:-)
    I was going to type up a long counter to your post but then I looked at your temporary avatar and decided that this dog is awesome so I can't dispute anything you say in this post because of this dog.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  13. #61
    Member spazzxb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    fort wayne In
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,816

    Default Re: Do you think JOB helped the Pacers stay in Indy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was going to type up a long counter to your post but then I looked at your temporary avatar and decided that this dog is awesome so I can't dispute anything you say in this post because of this dog.
    Thats what I was hoping for:-). We don't need to go back there, I just wanted VZ add some substance.

Similar Threads

  1. If Peyton REALLY Wants To Stay In Indy.....
    By presto123 in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-05-2012, 05:29 PM
  2. The person helped most by this trade...
    By Smooth_for_Pres. in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-19-2007, 05:02 PM
  3. Pacers Look to Stay Hot at Home, Host Timberwolves (Pacers.com)
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-24-2006, 06:11 AM
  4. anyone know where the pacers stay?
    By OnlyPacersLeft in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-13-2006, 09:57 AM
  5. Pats win helped
    By Suaveness in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-27-2005, 06:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •