Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 88

Thread: ESPN top 500

  1. #51
    Member spreedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,550

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ESPN top 500

    BTW, it boggles my mind that Tyler was like 25 spots higher than Gerald Green.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to spreedom For This Useful Post:


  3. #52
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Dillon, Co
    Posts
    3,917

    Default Re: ESPN top 500

    Quote Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    BTW, it boggles my mind that Tyler was like 25 spots higher than Gerald Green.
    Barbosa was ranked 63 spots higher then Green. It just tells me that in general our bench did not improve this year. If you go strictly off individual talent, it may be worse.

  4. #53
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    136

    Default Re: ESPN top 500

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Barbosa was ranked 63 spots higher then Green. It just tells me that in general our bench did not improve this year. If you go strictly off individual talent, it may be worse.
    It tells me that these rankings mean very little.

  5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The Big Smooth For This Useful Post:


  6. #54
    Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,230

    Default Re: ESPN top 500

    Quote Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    BTW, it boggles my mind that Tyler was like 25 spots higher than Gerald Green.
    25 spots isn't a lot at this level of the rankings. And anyway, Green had a great season while Hans had a terrible one last year. Take away that one year though, and who wouldn't rank Hans higher than Green?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Smooth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It tells me that these rankings mean very little.
    Always possible Or that we're not interpreting them correctly. It's a perception issue really. Green hasn't been in the league in a while, Hans was a starter not long ago. It will take a while for opinions to catch up.

  7. #55
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,005

    Default Re: ESPN top 500

    Paul George #75

  8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:


  9. #56
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: ESPN top 500

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Barbosa at 183, that's 63 spots up from Green.
    Luckily for us this isn't based in reality. In his days of quickness Barbosa was a speed demon killer but we saw last year that he was an aging, good in certain spots type of player and nowhere near the athlete of Green.

    Sully is going to really disappoint a lot of fans, and Redd being anywhere near Green at this point makes no sense.

    OTOH talk about living on rep, how is Tyler in the top 400?

  10. #57
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: ESPN top 500

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    All this really does is tell me that not many ESPN guys outside of Rusillo actually watch the games and players the get paid to discuss. Whatever you think of Hollinger at least he bases his opinion on something tangible and if you follow him on Twitter it's clear he watches a lot of hoops, and if you listen to Rusillo's podcasts he clearly knows the league. Those two and Legler are really the only ESPN guys (that aren't in game commentators) that I'll listen to. It's kind of a shame really, these dudes get paid well to watch the NBA and talk about it. That's their freakin job.
    100% agree on all counts.

    It's sad that Kiper can know thousands of recent and current prospects in pretty good detail and a lot of NBA commentators/talking heads can't keep up with 400-500.

    I love when a guy will do pre-game color or something and mention the skill set of a particular Pacer and basically have it completely opposite of reality. I don't mean in the "he's better than that" homer anger, I mean in the "well actually he can't do anything you said he can and lives off of all the stuff you say he doesn't do". Embarrassing.

    If it wasn't for Rusillo I'd have no faith in ESPN at all anymore. I even noticed that Simmons is falling off after he did all that work for the basketball book. He's slowly drifting out of touch with everything other than the elite teams/players.

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:


  12. #58
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: ESPN top 500

    I don't know if Seth noticed this so I'm just going to post it again, Tyler #174 Mcbob #304, take that Naptownseth

  13. #59
    Member sportfireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Louisiana
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,177
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ESPN top 500

    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/83...rankings-61-70

    Seriously how is Anthony Davis #62? He hasn't played in the NBA yet..... ESPN is tuuuurrrrriibbble!!!
    I'm not perfect and neither are you.

    Romans 3:23 For all have sinned,and come short of the glory of God. kjv
    Ephisians 4: 32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. kjv

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to sportfireman For This Useful Post:


  15. #60
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Dillon, Co
    Posts
    3,917

    Default Re: ESPN top 500

    Scola at 68, man I wish we could have squeezed 3 more days out of Hibbert and Hill.

  16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pacerized For This Useful Post:


  17. #61
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: ESPN top 500

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Scola at 68, man I wish we could have squeezed 3 more days out of Hibbert and Hill.
    Watching Scola play is going to make mad all the time.

  18. #62
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,005

    Default Re: ESPN top 500

    David West #56

    Reading some of the tweets. Seems like people think this is overrated for him, and the don't seem to realize he was coming off of a major knee injury.
    Last edited by Eleazar; 09-17-2012 at 01:51 PM.

  19. #63

    Default Re: ESPN top 500

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    David West #56
    This seems low, i think. Wonder how much getting defended by Battier effected David's rank. Last year he was in the mid-40's i think.

    Weird how the list gets little groups of guys at the same positions kinda clumped together. West, Bargiani, gortat, Lopez all together. the B-List of Bigs as it were.

  20. #64
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: ESPN top 500

    #56 for West is pretty high.

  21. #65
    thx4tehmRys Danny! daschysta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Geist, Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,952
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ESPN top 500

    Common Sense says West will be improved overall this year, he's healthy afterall. He was a beast in April, and was one of our better players in the playoffs. Sans Danny all of our starters should be improved for one reason or another. George because of youth, Hill due to full time starter position, Hibbert because of youth/ work ethic/ a fixed offense, West due to health.

    Interested to see how high they have Hibbert here.

  22. #66
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Dillon, Co
    Posts
    3,917

    Default Re: ESPN top 500

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    #56 for West is pretty high.
    I think he's earned that, it's hard to argue plus or minus 4-5 spots at this point.

  23. #67
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,191

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ESPN top 500

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think he's earned that, it's hard to argue plus or minus 4-5 spots at this point.
    I THINK he meant that he deserved to be ranked lower, which would mean he is better than the 56th best player in the NBA. In which I would agree, but at the same time, it's nearly IMPOSSIBLE to argue moving 4-5 spots....like you said.

  24. #68
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,860

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ESPN top 500

    No Vnzla means that West should be ranked lower than 56. I.E. David is not deserving of being at 56

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  26. #69
    Member yoadknux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Israel
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,318

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: ESPN top 500

    Quote Originally Posted by yoadknux View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You guys think we're gonna have a player in the top 50? Granger was 36 last time, but he had a bad season, so he might drop.
    Guess we're gonna have 2. Hibbert and Granger weren't ranked yet and they've finished 51-60 today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Piston Prince
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bobcat fans telling us to cheer up = epic fail season
    "Josh Smith Re-building the city of Detroit one brick at a time"

  27. #70
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Dillon, Co
    Posts
    3,917

    Default Re: ESPN top 500

    It looks like I low balled Hibbert and Granger in my projections. Glad to see both in the top 40.

  28. #71
    Dutch Pacers Fan
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Age
    27
    Posts
    545

    Default Re: ESPN top 500

    Ryan Anderson is #50? Puh-Lease! He's a lesser version of when Rashard Lewis received that surreal contract.
    yay, we're going back to the play-offs!

  29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pacersgroningen For This Useful Post:


  30. #72
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,005

    Default Re: ESPN top 500

    Danny Granger 39

    Eric Gordon 38
    Last edited by Eleazar; 09-19-2012 at 12:02 PM.

  31. #73
    Member yoadknux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Israel
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,318

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: ESPN top 500

    Hibbert will be ranked above Granger... I think it's BS..
    Quote Originally Posted by Piston Prince
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bobcat fans telling us to cheer up = epic fail season
    "Josh Smith Re-building the city of Detroit one brick at a time"

  32. #74
    Member pacergod2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    2,885
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ESPN top 500

    Quote Originally Posted by pacersgroningen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ryan Anderson is #50? Puh-Lease! He's a lesser version of when Rashard Lewis received that surreal contract.
    I don't think Ryan Anderson is even a top 100 player. We will see him drop like a rock in water after this year.
    "Your course, your path, is not going to be like mine," West says. "Everybody is not called to be a multimillionaire. Everybody's not called to be the president. Whatever your best work is, you do it. Do it well. … You cease your own greatness when you aspire to be someone else."

  33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pacergod2 For This Useful Post:


  34. #75
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,005

    Default Re: ESPN top 500

    Roy Hibbert #35

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •