Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: ESPN top 500

Default ESPN top 500

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/82...nkings-401-500

O.K., it's the time of year when we have the great basketball void and something has to come out to fill it.
    On the bottom 100 we have 4 players; Orlando Johnson at #462, Miles Plumlee at #433, Jeff Pendergraph at #421, & Lance Stephson at #405 which is down 36 spots from last year.
    I'd think Roy will be our top player this year followed by Granger, and West.
    The top 2 have to be Lebron, and Durant but after that it's arguable. At least it's something to read when nothing is happening.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: ESPN top 500

I have no idea why rookies are even on the list. How do you rank someone that hasn't even played yet?

3. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have no idea why rookies are even on the list. How do you rank someone that hasn't even played yet?
    Surely you know of the Great ESPN Crystal Ball? The all knowing, all seeing sphere of light that guides them?

Seriously, any list such as this is a guess-your-best, let's put this out there to give people something to talk about scenario. Apparently it works. We're talking about it.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tom White For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

You guys think we're gonna have a player in the top 50? Granger was 36 last time, but he had a bad season, so he might drop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Piston Prince
    Bobcat fans telling us to cheer up = epic fail season
    "Josh Smith Re-building the city of Detroit one brick at a time"

Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post
    Surely you know of the Great ESPN Crystal Ball? The all knowing, all seeing sphere of light that guides them?

Seriously, any list such as this is a guess-your-best, let's put this out there to give people something to talk about scenario. Apparently it works. We're talking about it.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eddie Gill For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by yoadknux View Post
    You guys think we're gonna have a player in the top 50? Granger was 36 last time, but he had a bad season, so he might drop.
    I'd think Hibbert would crack the top 50

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jrod Jones For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Pretty sure Hibbert will be top 50. ESPN takes All-Star bids pretty seriously. He'll be top 40, and Granger will probably be hovering around the 50ish mark (though I think he'll be more consistent next season), While the rest of our starting players should be somewhere in the top 100.

Quote Originally Posted by daschysta View Post
    Pretty sure Hibbert will be top 50. ESPN takes All-Star bids pretty seriously. He'll be top 40, and Granger will probably be hovering around the 50ish mark (though I think he'll be more consistent next season), While the rest of our starting players should be somewhere in the top 100.
    I think I agree with you.
    I think Roy will be our highest ranked player this year and should break the top 50, when you look at where he ranks among top centers he should break the top 40. Granger will most likely be 2cd. in the 50's and West might make it in the top 60 as well. PG breaks the top 100 but I doubt if Hill does. Bench wise I see DJ and Tyler making the top 200 followed by Green in the top 300 and Ian in the 300's. Even after all the fuss over our bench shuffle this off season, I don't think we have a really strong bench.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm actually surprised that anyone takes what ESPN says seriously any more. ESPN is an absolute joke when it comes to crap like this, among other things.

14. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to dewman_32 For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

A lot of x Pacers falling between 300-400
    D Jones at 301, Josh McRoberts at 304, Earl Watson 323, Fesenko 327, Tinsley 347, Troy Murphy 355 and AJ Price at 384.

Lifelong Pacer Fan. PGisthefuture's Avatar

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by dewman_32 View Post
    I'm actually surprised that anyone takes what ESPN says seriously any more. ESPN is an absolute joke when it comes to crap like this, among other things.
    Yup, I don't even watch Sportscenter anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    A lot of x Pacers falling between 300-400
    D Jones at 301, Josh McRoberts at 304, Earl Watson 323, Fesenko 327, Tinsley 347, Troy Murphy 355 and AJ Price at 384.
    Fesenko is better than Tinsley, Murphy and Price?
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

Quote Originally Posted by rock747 View Post
    Fesenko is better than Tinsley, Murphy and Price?
    I doubt if I'd rank him that way but I honestly haven't seen enough of him to say. It's a shame he didn't get more burn here last year.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacerized For This Useful Post:

Ian at 251, that's a lot higher then I thought they'd rank him. I'm still disapointed in the quality of players we spent our cap space on this off season.

Thumbs down Re: ESPN top 500

I'm still disapointed in the quality of players we spent our cap space on this off season.

Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Kemo For This Useful Post:

Gerald Green at 246, that sounds about right.
    I'd guess our next player to be ranked will be DJ but it might be possible that Tyler is ranked lower.
    Just because I'm bored I'll say DJ at 163 and Tyler at 147. I may be way off.

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Interesting that Tyler is still well-regarded in the league (well, he'll be in the top half of ESPN's 500 anyway) when so many Pacer fans (including myself) are so down on him.

Also would be interesting to see where Danny lands in light of the ongoing argument in the other thread.

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    Interesting that Tyler is still well-regarded in the league (well, he'll be in the top half of ESPN's 500 anyway) when so many Pacer fans (including myself) are so down on him.

Also would be interesting to see where Danny lands in light of the ongoing argument in the other thread.
    I was kind of thinking that as well. It looks like some people want to compare players based off their number of all star appearances but that's a bad way to compare a players value. He's already out ranked several players with more all star appearances. It'll be interesting to see where he ranks to players he's being compared to.
    I don't think this thing should be taken too seriously but it is comprised of the opionions of 104 sports writers not just a few and it can make for conversation during a dead period of basketball.
    I'm interested in where a lot of players fall once it gets closer to 100. IMO Iggy is over rated and should fall below Danny and I wonder if EG will rank below Danny. He should with his injury history. I wonder where Roy will rank among centers? I'm thinking 4th. with Kaman at 5th.

Danny was 36th last year and Iggy 34. Eric Gordon was 39th. Roy 96th and Kaman 88th. Joe Johnson was 32nd.

Roy should make the biggest jump to be sure. Danny was behind James, Durant, Anthony, Ginobili, Pierce, Gay and Iguodala. Lots of good SF in the league right now.

I was kind of thinking that as well. It looks like some people want to compare players based off their number of all star appearances but that's a bad way to compare a players value. He's already out ranked several players with more all star appearances. It'll be interesting to see where he ranks to players he's being compared to.
    I don't think this thing should be taken too seriously but it is comprised of the opionions of 104 sports writers not just a few and it can make for conversation during a dead period of basketball.
    I'm interested in where a lot of players fall once it gets closer to 100. IMO Iggy is over rated and should fall below Danny and I wonder if EG will rank below Danny. He should with his injury history. I wonder where Roy will rank among centers? I'm thinking 4th. with Kaman at 5th.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xIndyFan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    Danny was 36th last year and Iggy 34. Eric Gordon was 39th. Roy 96th and Kaman 88th. Joe Johnson was 32nd.

Roy should make the biggest jump to be sure. Danny was behind James, Durant, Anthony, Ginobili, Pierce, Gay and Iguodala. Lots of good SF in the league right now.
    Thanks for looking that up.
    There are more good small forwards in the league right now then perhaps any other time. I remember in the 90's when Detlef was considered the 2cd. best sf and people talked about it being a weak position in the league. At the same time we had the largest numbers of great centers in the league. If Danny and Roy played at that point Danny would take several steps up and Roy would take several down just due to the amount of competition they had in their positions.

yeah, i see what you're saying

Can't wait to see where everyone ends up. how the league at large views the B&G. Expecting lots of jumps.

Thanks for looking that up.
    There are more good small forwards in the league right now then perhaps any other time. I remember in the 90's when Detlef was considered the 2cd. best sf and people talked about it being a weak position in the league. At the same time we had the largest numbers of great centers in the league. If Danny and Roy played at that point Danny would take several steps up and Roy would take several down just due to the amount of competition they had in their positions.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yeah Roy is the most important piece of our team.
    Smothered Chicken!

Banned

Green is ranked #246 with Sullinger at #247? wtf is that? Michael Redd #243?

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/83...nkings-241-260

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Green is ranked #246 with Sullinger at #247? wtf is that? Michael Redd #243?

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/83...nkings-241-260
    I would agree with Redd...he hasnt done much in the last few years
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Barbosa at 183, that's 63 spots up from Green.