Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Big announcement tomorrow @ 2pm? {New Video link Post: 207}

Default Re: Big announcement tomorrow @ 2pm?

Nice that they upgraded the sound system. Had a lot of trouble hearing Grady in some areas of club level and many areas in the balcony.

billbradley

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Gill View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did Herb pick up the $200 million bill on the construction of the Fieldhouse? I honestly can't remember what the specifics were in getting that built, but I would be SHOCKED if the public didn't at least foot some of the costs. My point is its unfair to say Herb loves his team and Irsay does not because Herb opens up his pocketbook. I love Herb and Irsay, but my guess is taxpayers helped build both their stadiums. It's great that Herb is willing to pay for upgrades to what is already the crown jewel of the NBA, but lets ask Peyton Manning, Dwight Freeney, Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clark, and Bob Sanders how tightly Irsay clenched his pocketbook.
    You should google the deal Irsay has for Lucas and do some research on who earns what when comparing these things.

Irsay gets whatever he wants, it's not even close.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yes, the public paid for the stadium, and yes Irsay has opened his pocketbook for good players, but you have to do that to compete. Herb really didn't have to do this at all.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Announcement of major improvements and upgrades to Bankers Life Fieldhouse

08/15/2012
    BEST ARENA SCOREBOARD COMING TO BANKERS LIFE FIELDHOUSE
    Pacers Sports & Entertainment (PS&E) today announced that ANC Sports, a nationally-recognized leader in venue services, has designed major upgrades to the audio and video systems of Bankers Life Fieldhouse, with the centerpiece of the project being a state-of-the-art, new center-hung scoreboard that will be nearly five times the size of its predecessor.

“We are thrilled to add a game changer when it comes to the overall in-arena experience,” stated Rick Fuson, chief operating officer of PS&E. “Rare is the opportunity to upgrade something that everyone – from our fans, to our corporate partners, to our players – will benefit from. We are excited to see this new system in action.” Installation is scheduled for completion in time for the 2012-13 Indiana Pacers season.

The new scoreboard will feature twin 1080p high definition (HD) video screens, each measuring 50 feet long – extending nearly foul line to foul line – by 21 feet high. In addition to the HD screens running the length of the court, the innovative rectangular scoreboard design will be capped by a 25’ by 14’ full 1080p HD video screen facing each baseline. The end result of the design is a greatly improved visual experience from nearly every seat in the building.

By comparison, the four 16’ by 9’ standard definition video screens on the original scoreboard measured 576 total sq. feet, whereas the new scoreboard video display is nearly 5x larger, measuring in at 2,800 total sq.ft. In addition to the substantial increase in screen size, the new screens will dramatically improve image quality. The new 1080p HD screens will provide crystal-clear images that rival the finest in-home picture quality sports fans have been accustomed to viewing.

To complement the massive new scoreboard, a completely new audio system will be installed to replace the existing system. The new system will be capable of delivering a wide range of high quality sound to support the new video screens, improve life safety announcements by improving intelligibility throughout the arena, and further enhance the overall fan experience for all entertainment events at Bankers Life Fieldhouse.

“Since its opening in 1999, Bankers Life Fieldhouse has been considered one of the finest buildings in the country for basketball and other live events,” said Jerry Cifarelli, president and chief executive officer of ANC Sports. “The installation of the new audio and video systems will enhance the events and also preserve the incredible views of Bankers Life Fieldhouse’s arena floor, thereby creating one of the most unique live event experiences in the world.“

“Since it is impossible for us to play a game in each fan’s home, we thought we would bring the total HD home experience to Bankers Life Fieldhouse,” said Fuson. “The new scoreboard and audio system will allow fans to enjoy picture clarity and sound normally reserved for a home theater setting. Combined with the action and excitement that can only be found at a live event, fans will experience the most dynamic presentations for basketball and other live events.”

Weighing in at approximately 45,000 pounds, the state-of-the-art scoreboard will be among the largest arena video screens in the United States and will replace the traditional square design installed by the Capital Improvement Board (CIB) during construction of Bankers Life Fieldhouse in 1999. This upgrade will also include safety improvements to the hoists and support system.

Completing the interior portion of the Bankers Life Fieldhouse upgrade will be the installation of two LED video displays located in each balcony endzone. The displays will measure 23’ by 10’ and will provide fans with stats, replays, and other game related information.

Driven by ANC Sports’ VisionSOFT operating system, all of the new audio and video upgrades will seamlessly integrate with the existing LED ribbon and digital courtside signage systems creating unlimited opportunities to enhance the fan experience and provide additional value for current and future corporate partners. “We anticipate a very positive impact on our business, especially related to increasing corporate partnerships and ticket buying fans,” said Fuson.

Fans venturing out of the seating bowl during events will be able to follow action without missing a beat. To supplement the audio and video upgrades in the interior, 330 new HD flat screen TVs (ranging in size from 32” to 70”) will be installed throughout the concourses on all levels of the Fieldhouse creating a fully integrated audio and video experience.

About the Video System:
    ·Rectangular, center-hung design with two 50’ by 21’ and two 25’ by 14’ 1080p HD Mitsubishi Electric Diamond Vision™ 6mm LED video screens.
    ·Two 23’ by 10’ LED video displays.
    ·LED ribbon (installed 2011)
    ·Digital courtside signage (installed 2011)
    ·ANC’s VisionSOFT™ is the first 64-bit operating system for stadium signage, enabling the scoreboard, video display, LED ribbon, and courtside signage to be fully integrated, allowing all screens to display a single image, replay, animation or for each screen to display a unique image or set of data such as in-depth real-time statistics.

About the Sound System:
    ·Six main arrays of JBL speakers, each with 10 high power 3-way modules with double 15” woofers
    ·High power full range speakers to replace catwalk-mounted and scoreboard-mounted fill speakers
    ·3D acoustic model built in industry standard EASE platform which will provide loudness of 106dB SPL average in spectator areas with uniformity of +/- 3dB Broadband

About Bankers Life Fieldhouse:
    Bankers Life Fieldhouse is owned by the Capital Improvement Board (CIB) and operated by Pacers Sports & Entertainment. Since the opening almost 13 years ago,Bankers Life Fieldhouse has repeatedly earned the reputation of being a world-class facility, not an easy task considering the number of new facilities that have come online since 1999.

About ANC Sports:
    ANC Sports Enterprises, LLC, is the industry leader in team and venue services, providing integrated signage, design, and marketing solutions for sports and commercial facilities. ANC Sports and its divisions: ANC Technologies, ANC Design, and ANC Marketing, offer Light Emitting Diode (LED), rotational and fixed visual displays; advanced media control systems; signage operation and maintenance; advertising sales and marketing consultation; graphic design; and printing production. ANC Sports provides signage solutions for 200 plus venues/stadiums in North America. For more information on ANC Sports, please visit its web site at www.ancsports.com.
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to able For This Useful Post:

a new tv?
    eh, crap!
    i was hoping they'd put in a retractable roof. we use the one at lucas field what, about once every couple of years?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to clownskull For This Useful Post:

http://www.indystar.com/article/2012...t|IndyStar.com

The city's Capital Improvement Board owns the fieldhouse and leases it to the Pacers for $1 a year.
    lol

Did Herb pick up the $200 million bill on the construction of the Fieldhouse? I honestly can't remember what the specifics were in getting that built, but I would be SHOCKED if the public didn't at least foot some of the costs. My point is its unfair to say Herb loves his team and Irsay does not because Herb opens up his pocketbook. I love Herb and Irsay, but my guess is taxpayers helped build both their stadiums. It's great that Herb is willing to pay for upgrades to what is already the crown jewel of the NBA, but lets ask Peyton Manning, Dwight Freeney, Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clark, and Bob Sanders how tightly Irsay clenched his pocketbook.
    The Simons paid a good portion of the costs to build the fieldhouse. How much I can't remember.

Looked it up. Simons paid $23M of the 181M it took to build the fieldhouse.
    http://www.ibj.com/simon-familys-int...S/article/2315
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 08-16-2012 at 02:48 PM.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

I'm impressed!

They also said 330 new HDTVs (sizes ranging from 32" to 70") throughout the Fieldhouse as well.

Understood.

I also understand the revenue the Colts as a franchise and the NFL as a league have generated over the last decade. If its hosting another Superbowl Irsay wants, I would argue it does more for the city than anything Herb can do.

To be fair, I used the same line of logic when opposing significant public funding of Lucas Oil Stadium. Why build on the backs of taxpayers when you're already the biggest, most profitable show in town?

That said, I won't cry for Herb Simon that the Pacers and the NBA aren't as profitable as football. I appreciate everything he does for us and fear the day he leaves, but its just an apples and oranges debate to me.

Understood.

I also understand the revenue the Colts as a franchise and the NFL as a league have generated over the last decade. If its hosting another Superbowl Irsay wants, I would argue it does more for the city than anything Herb can do.

To be fair, I used the same line of logic when opposing significant public funding of Lucas Oil Stadium. Why build on the backs of taxpayers when you're already the biggest, most profitable show in town?

That said, I won't cry for Herb Simon that the Pacers and the NBA aren't as profitable as football. I appreciate everything he does for us and fear the day he leaves, but its just an apples and oranges debate to me.
    I'm not crying for him. I'm just saying I appreciate this a lot. No one was clamoring for upgrades to our arena, in a day and age when Seattle lost their basketball team because they couldn't get a new arena, it is really humbling to have an owner that would invest so much in a facility that is already widely regarded as perhaps the best in the world. That means a lot to me, I view this as a gift to the city and the fans. And when it comes during a summer when you have Irsay threatening (even if it was an empty threat) to black out the games of the Colts if they are not sold out, it is very refreshing to see an owner be proactive like this. I mean I just go back to Seattle and their fans they couldn't even get a new stadium when their's was in the dumps, here we have one of the nicest facilities in the world and our owner is still putting money into it. I can appreciate that because that is how I run my business as well and it is reflected in Simon's malls as well.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

The Simons paid $23M of the $181 million dollar cost to build the fieldhouse back in the late 90's. City paid $158

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

billbradley

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    I'm not crying for him. I'm just saying I appreciate this a lot. No one was clamoring for upgrades to our arena, in a day and age when Seattle lost their basketball team because they couldn't get a new arena, it is really humbling to have an owner that would invest so much in a facility that is already widely regarded as perhaps the best in the world. That means a lot to me, I view this as a gift to the city and the fans. And when it comes during a summer when you have Irsay threatening (even if it was an empty threat) to black out the games of the Colts if they are not sold out, it is very refreshing to see an owner be proactive like this. I mean I just go back to Seattle and their fans they couldn't even get a new stadium when their's was in the dumps, here we have one of the nicest facilities in the world and our owner is still putting money into it. I can appreciate that because that is how I run my business as well and it is reflected in Simon's malls as well.
    Very well put and exactly how I feel. Simon didn't have to do this and I couldn't be more excited to see the new look and team now.

Great stuff.

Definitely feeling some gold swagger today because of this. Probably the best news of the offseason for me as you can tell already from this thread. Just can't imagine how cool I think it is to see such an already great facility upgraded even more.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

That's a big *** TV, sweet.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

In response to the cellular woes:

I've been telling people it's like trying to suck cement through a straw. Wireless congestion is the issue. It's true in every facility.
    Last edited by duke dynamite; 08-16-2012 at 03:02 PM.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to duke dynamite For This Useful Post:

Love all the upgrades. Amazing facility just got even better.

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Yes, the public paid for the stadium, and yes Irsay has opened his pocketbook for good players, but you have to do that to compete. Herb really didn't have to do this at all.
    But if I spend $400 on rent and my neighbor spends $400 on a new TV, a stranger couldn't make judgements about which is a better financial decision with the basis of the argument being "Well, your neighbor didn't HAVE to buy a TV and did so anyway. For his willingness to keep his apartment well-furnished, he should be commended. You merely did what you had to do."

As far as the Seattle comparison, yes, we are extremely fortunate to have owners committed to buying that new TV. Seattle no longer has a team because they couldn't get a new arena. But the Fieldhouse is already the best arena in the league without the new scoreboard. If the Pacers are going to be at risk of leaving under new ownership it would be due to lack of fan support - which in my opinion is more directly correlated to on the court success than a new jumbotron.

I realize this is going to come off as unappreciative, and I'm really not. I can't wait until the gates open up next season and I can go gawk at the new improvements with everyone else. I just don't think citing these improvements is evidence of the Simons being good owners who WANT to spend as opposed to Irsay who reluctantly spends on talent exclusively.

An apartment is a private residence, this stadium will be used and enjoyed by everyone. Not even comparable.

I'm just saying between the two owners, I have no doubt had we not given up the ghost for Lucas Oil Irsay would have shipped the Colts out. And then by the same token, Herb's already got this amazing stadium and he's like let me dump some more dough into it, I just don't have the fear that Simon would ever move the P's. Whereas, I do think Irsay would move the Colts if he thought he could improve his situation. I'm not asking people to share my opinion, just stating the way I see it.

Also, it helps that Simon actually has another form of income besides his sports franchise.
    Last edited by Trader Joe; 08-16-2012 at 03:16 PM.

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Most impressive... I was just hoping to get what either Dallas or OKC had for a scoreboard. Didn't expect Herb to go "Jerry Jones" on us.
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    The Simons paid a good portion of the costs to build the fieldhouse. How much I can't remember.

Looked it up. Simons paid $23M of the 181M it took to build the fieldhouse.
    The Simons' contributions amounted to 12.7% of the total costs.

According to wiki, Irsay paid $100 million of the $720 million which comes out to 13.8% of the total cost.

Whether or not Irsay had an obligation to pay more is subject to debate. But from a pure numbers standpoint, if 12% is considered a "good portion" of the costs for the Simons, it only seems fair to me to consider Irsay's 13% to be an equally "good portion".

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eddie Gill For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sounds pretty awesome, hopefully it doesn't lose the retro feel though.

Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    Sounds pretty awesome, hopefully it doesn't lose the retro feel though.
    I think the actual court area can get more modern and the staidum itself can still retain the retro feel, having the exposed concrete and stuff like that keeps it always feeling a little retro.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

That scoreboard is something else! I really need to get to BLF to see a game.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

billbradley

Quote Originally Posted by Coupe View Post
    I like the score, Bulls 102 Pacers 120 to start the 4th!

37. The Following User Says Thank You to billbradley For This Useful Post: