Thread: What position should the Colts draft?

Default What position should the Colts draft?

I am gonna say another Corner back

Default Re: What position should the Colts draft?

Too early to say definitively. Pretty much any position but QB or TE basically, focus on CB, WR, NT, and OL.

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'd balance between whatever best available talent is left and a pressing need. Hopefully there's a convergence like this last draft.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

CB or OL. But it also depends on which free agents we sign. We'll have $30 million or so to spend. Does the draft come before free agency? I don't remember.

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by AugustinGrangerHill View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am gonna say another Corner back
    Isn't it a little early to start thinking about that since they haven't played a game yet. But since you bring it up. Offensive linemen and more players that fit the 3-4. That could include a corner back...... ...

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    CB or OL. But it also depends on which free agents we sign. We'll have $30 million or so to spend. Does the draft come before free agency? I don't remember.
    I wouldn't hold my breath about "Jimmy" investing in any free agents except the marginal ones they use to fill out the team..... ...

It is certainly early to start thinking about this but I expect the Colts to take the best player available outside of a QB. They seemed to fill out a board ranking the players and pick the highest ranking player on their board once it came their turn to pick this past April. I expect Grigson and co. to do the same next April.

With that said, offensive linemen, a nose tackle, and a cornerback are likely to be the biggest areas of need. That doesn't mean you draft on need though. I don't know what positions are deep and which ones aren't in the 2013 draft but if they are faced with having to choose a player who fills a need vs a player who is superior but plays a position of strength I expect them to take the superior player. Plus you can find contributors throughout the draft so even if you don't get help at a certain position early on in the draft you stand a chance to be able to find some talent in that spot in the later rounds.
    Last edited by Young; 08-14-2012 at 09:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    Isn't it a little early to start thinking about that since they haven't played a game yet. But since you bring it up. Offensive linemen and more players that fit the 3-4. That could include a corner back...... ...
    yep, probably is too early, but i still like to talk about it

I'd like them to draft 4th or 5th.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

It depends. David Amerson (CB) or Star Lotulelei (DL) would be the best case scenarios.

Mood

It is awful early to think of the draft. I would think that the college season is still yet to unfold and there might be someone not noticed until they play this year in college . I would also like to see how the season folds out for the Colts. My guess would be DB, WR or NT. POssibly OL if it is an obvious choice. It all depends on who the best available on defense is at our position in the draft. I wouldn't mind seeing more talent on the defense so possibly going with defense in the first couple of rounds trying to get a cover corner or beef in the NT spot. Talent always trumps that though if a super talented WR drops to us. Reggie is not gonna be around forever.

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    yup...too early...just like it's too early to predict how the team is going to do over the next 5 years.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Swingman For This Useful Post:

Biggest Need: CB, OL
    Secondary Needs: LB (just not sold on all our LBs), WR (would love just 1 tall fast receiver to replace Wayne)

Hopefully the Colts get another top 5 pick.

Just have to wait and see. Not sure who is expected to be bad this year.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!